PDA

View Full Version : Asexuals Push for Greater Recognition

BAMAPHIN 22
01-16-2009, 01:26 PM
Those Who Have No Interest in Sex Want More Awareness of Orientation

Jay, a 26-year-old graduate student at the Presidio School of Management in San Francisco, acknowledges that his lack of interest in sex may seem unusual to many who view intercourse as the epitome of intimacy.

But research suggests that about 1 percent of the population may share Jay's view on sex. And he said that for many of these people, coming to terms with their feelings about sex can be a major challenge.

"When I was younger, the message I would always hear is that you need sex to be happy," he said. "I realized probably around the age of 14 or 15 that all of my friends were actively talking about sex. I just couldn't relate to it; I had no interest at all."

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/MindMoodNews/story?id=6656358&page=1

MoFinz
01-16-2009, 01:56 PM
Isnt there something inherently weird about wanting recognition for not recognizing something?

Locke
01-16-2009, 05:03 PM
Isnt there something inherently weird about wanting recognition for not recognizing something?

:lol:

Thats an excellent point...

PhinzN703
01-17-2009, 12:40 PM
Did the testosterone fairy not sprinkle her magic in this guy's balls when he was a kid?

Sofa_King_Drunk
01-19-2009, 04:50 PM
These fools are just trolling for tramps. They know some slut is going to see that video on you tube and say "I bet I can get those dorks interested in sex".

ih8brady
01-19-2009, 10:16 PM
Anybody who can asexually reproduce is impressive in my book ;)

Dolphan7
01-21-2009, 01:32 PM
In religious circles this is called the gift of celibacy. It is considered a gift in that it allows one to concentrate totally on God. The Apostle Paul was one of these gifted individuals, and he writes about it in I Corinthians 7.

Personally, I am glad I don't have such a gift.

GoonBoss
01-21-2009, 02:25 PM
I officially recognize all the males that don't want sex. I encourage as much male homsexuality and asexuality as possible. Just don't whimp out and come back to the home team. Stay with your convictions and fight the good fight.

Leaves more for the rest of us :D

*Ps; Dude is a goober.*

Ima_Cowboy
01-21-2009, 10:23 PM
I officially recognize all the males that don't want sex. I encourage as much male homsexuality and asexuality as possible. Just don't whimp out and come back to the home team. Stay with your convictions and fight the good fight.

Leaves more for the rest of us :D

*Ps; Dude is a goober.*

:up: :sidelol:

nicely said

fatkirstyalley
01-22-2009, 09:04 AM
I kinda get it. If I were given a choice between sex and an "Angry Whopper" I would most definitely choose the sandwich. However, If I could have them both, i would still choose the sandwich.

Blackocrates
01-22-2009, 01:27 PM
Anybody who can asexually reproduce is impressive in my book ;)

:lol: I was wondering if anybody was going to point that out.

TakeOne
01-22-2009, 05:32 PM
I kinda get it. If I were given a choice between sex and an "Angry Whopper" I would most definitely choose the sandwich. However, If I could have them both, i would still choose the sandwich.

:sidelol: