PDA

View Full Version : Updated Walter Football Mock

emeraldfin
01-17-2009, 08:17 AM
Friday January 16th 2009

25 Miami Dolphins: Duke Robinson, G, Oklahoma
The Dolphins can take care of a huge hole at left guard by drafting Duke Robinson in this spot. With Jake Long and Robinson on the left side, Miami would boast one of the elite rushing attacks in the league.

Pick change; previously D.J. Moore, CB

44 Miami Dolphins: Sean Smith, CB/S, Utah
The Dolphins really need help at cornerback and free safety. Coincidentally, Sean Smith can play both positions. Smith, a talented defensive back who helped Utah win the national championship this year, will give Miami a lot of flexibility in their defensive backfield.

Pick change; previously Philip Loadholt, OT

56 Miami Dolphins: Ron Brace, NT, Boston College
Jason Ferguson just turned 34, and his contract expires after the 2009 season. The Dolphins will need to acquire a new nose tackle in the near future.

87 Miami Dolphins: Mohamed Massaquoi, WR, Georgia
Ted Ginn and Davone Bess both have their strengths, but neither wideout is a massive target. At 6-2, 205, Mohamed Massaquoi could be the solid split end Miami was looking for when it signed Ernest Wilford.

fullerboy1
01-17-2009, 10:16 AM
Friday January 16th 2009

The Dolphins can take care of a huge hole at left guard by drafting Duke Robinson in this spot. With Jake Long and Robinson on the left side, Miami would boast one of the elite rushing attacks in the league.

The Dolphins really need help at cornerback and free safety. Coincidentally, Sean Smith can play both positions. Smith, a talented defensive back who helped Utah win the national championship this year, will give Miami a lot of flexibility in their defensive backfield.

Jason Ferguson just turned 34, and his contract expires after the 2009 season. The Dolphins will need to acquire a new nose tackle in the near future.

Ted Ginn and Davone Bess both have their strengths, but neither wideout is a massive target. At 6-2, 205, Mohamed Massaquoi could be the solid split end Miami was looking for when it signed Ernest Wilford.

Uhm?... I donīt think that can be correct!

ChambersWI
01-17-2009, 10:20 AM
1.Eh I can understand picking Duke as he's a great guard prospect and fills a need, but our biggest hole is not LG (Justin Smiley). We have questions at C(rumors floating aroud Satale), RG (Dunno what we have in Thomas because he was out so early), and RT (will Carey be back)

2a.I prefer Smith over Loadholt, but we'll see.

2b.Fills a need. Ok.

3.I just don't like Massaquoi. Aside from AJ Green (whose 2 years away from being draft eligible) I don't trust Georgia WRs

Chainsaw
01-17-2009, 11:47 AM
I agree with your assessment. Why would Miami be looking to upgrade the guard position with its FIRST pick? Smiley and Thomas were hurt of course at the end of the season so you need depth. You just don't draft depth in the first round. I also agree on Massaquoi. There will be much better options in the third round.

And Utah DID win the national title don't ya know? Well, as far as the Utes are concerned anyway. hahahaha

phinfan33
01-17-2009, 12:25 PM
1.Eh I can understand picking Duke as he's a great guard prospect and fills a need, but our biggest hole is not LG (Justin Smiley). We have questions at C(rumors floating aroud Satale), RG (Dunno what we have in Thomas because he was out so early), and RT (will Carey be back)

2b.Fills a need. Ok.

3.I just don't like Massaquoi. Aside from AJ Green (whose 2 years away from being draft eligible) I don't trust Georgia WRs
i see and understand what you're saying...but there's no guarantee he can/will be able to come back from his injury,so we need to be looking for his possible replacement...

#1dolphinsfan
01-17-2009, 12:38 PM
Duke Robinson is a big guy i wouldnt be suprised if we picked him up

skipp2myloo13
01-17-2009, 01:10 PM
duke is great but we need lb's, and a rt. cb is a good pick but i see a lb or rt with the first two picks. i like brace. i dont like a wr that early especially with all our other needs.

Canadi-Phin
01-17-2009, 01:49 PM
First three picks all make sense. I think maybe Mack, who don't think we pick in the 1st might fill more of a need but Duke maybe the BPA. If the draft feel like the predict it, Duke would be great, or Mack or Sintim who drops in the mock to the 2nd round. I hate the WR pick, I'd much rather have Nic Harris, SS to learn under Bell and increase depth, he has a nasty attitude, which I like in my safties.

ckparrothead
01-17-2009, 02:24 PM
I guess if we grabbed Duke we'd be getting a good player but I would be disappointed that we're giving up on Donald Thomas so soon. There's a difference between giving Donald competition...and giving him first round competition.

JT-forpresident
01-17-2009, 02:38 PM
I guess if we grabbed Duke we'd be getting a good player but I would be disappointed that we're giving up on Donald Thomas so soon. There's a difference between giving Donald competition...and giving him first round competition.

true ... he already has some competition if you ask me... Ndukwe did okay in his first year, there's also al johnson, frye, alleman... it's more likely that we draft alex mack or a guy like jamon meredith in the first round (tackle or center) than a guy like duke who plays at a position where we have tons of depth

JT-forpresident
01-17-2009, 02:39 PM
i'd like that draft, but not the first pick... sean smith, ron brace and massaquoi would make me happy as you can see in my sig lol

phinfan33
01-17-2009, 03:04 PM
CK,i don't know if it's that we'd be giving up on Donald Thomas so soon...i think it'd be that we're drafting Smileys replacement just in case he's unable to come back from his injury...yes i know we have other Guards,but i think they'd be for depth in case a starting Guard gets hurt again...

SamIam
01-17-2009, 04:36 PM
I actually like this draft but would like to get an OLB with 2a, maybe a larry english. I am not really worried about the secondary if we can bring back our UFA's, we did not lose to the ravens becuase of our secondary, it's the Oline and the Dline that got pushed around.

One note in regards to Duke, I have read some scouting reports that he can play RT, if we are not able to sign VC, this might be an option.

X-Pacolypse
01-17-2009, 04:38 PM
This mock makes a lot more sense than some of the other mocks they've had.

JT-forpresident
01-17-2009, 05:19 PM

that's true... they had a mock with 2 corners and a safety with 3 of our first 4 picks lol ...

MiamiDolfan85
01-17-2009, 06:07 PM
lol thats an understatement:lol:

X-Pacolypse
01-17-2009, 06:44 PM
lol thats an understatement:lol:

True. Some of their mock drafts have been flat out mind-boggling. Anyways, even though that mock draft is a lot better than some of the previous ones, I notice that Clint Sintim is still on the board when they make Miami's selection. I have to believe that if it comes down to Duke Robinson or Clint Sintim, Miami would actually pick Clint Sintim. Not a knock on Robinson by any means, but this team needs a young stud 3-4 pass rusher that can come in and play right away. Sintim can do that.

utahphinsfan
01-21-2009, 03:47 PM
And Utah DID win the national title don't ya know? Well, as far as the Utes are concerned anyway. hahahaha

As a University of Utah Grad, The Utes did not win the National championship. We are not as delusional as BYU fans.

What the U of Utah has is the longest bowl winning streak (8 or 9) in the nation and longest winning streak of games in general (14 if memory serves)

P.S. The University of Utah was known as the U long before Michael Irvin & the rest of hooligans from Coral Gables opened their yaps.

cuban_refugee
01-21-2009, 08:47 PM
Do you trust Hines Ward?

TheBow305
01-21-2009, 08:47 PM
This mock would almost be perfect if it wasn't for the Duke pick. There is only one OL I think we would take in the 1st and that is Alex Mack. And that is ONLY if Satele is moved to Guard.

If they had Cushing in the 1st instead it wouldn've been near Perfect IMO. (MM wouldn't be my first choice there for a wide receiver.)

cuban_refugee
01-21-2009, 08:49 PM

2b.Fills a need. Ok.

I've followed Massagquoi for a long time. He was great freshman yr but has been quite inconsistent ever since. As far as not trusting UGA WRs - would you trust Hines Ward? AJ Green will be incredible in the NFL.

JC
01-21-2009, 09:12 PM
i see and understand what you're saying...but there's no guarantee he can/will be able to come back from his injury,so we need to be looking for his possible replacement...

its just a broken leg

he should make a full recovery

uga3406
01-22-2009, 01:15 AM
Friday January 16th 2009

thats one of the worse i have seen..this guy has no clue what he is tlaking about...take it from a georgia fan, u dont want massaquoi on this team, he will make u rip your hair out...