PDA

View Full Version : Revolutionary Road

Blackocrates
01-17-2009, 11:22 AM
If you like the show Mad Men then you'll like this movie. It's an all too familiar story of a young married couple that seem to have everything yet they are miserable. I like period pieces like this because I never experienced anything like it. I'm well aware that the nostalgia of the 50's is more a product of the imagination than anything that actually happened. Most wives were miserable and men hated their jobs. This movie paints a perfect picture of a couple trying to find their way in life.

Here's the trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpra9OEw6nQ

Tetragrammaton
01-17-2009, 12:20 PM
I like Sam Mendes a lot. I can't wait to see this, although some people have said less than stellar things about it.

Blackocrates
01-18-2009, 09:15 AM
I like Sam Mendes a lot. I can't wait to see this, although some people have said less than stellar things about it.

It's a story that's been told a thousand times in a thousand different ways but it still rings true. I think I enjoyed it because I share an unhealthy fear of falling into their trap.

Tetragrammaton
01-18-2009, 10:47 AM
It's a story that's been told a thousand times in a thousand different ways but it still rings true. I think I enjoyed it because I share an unhealthy fear of falling into their trap.

One of the things I have heard is that the members of the Academy are going to snub it because it rings so true. It comes out here on Friday, along with Frost/Nixon, and I will try to see it as soon as possible.