PDA

View Full Version : Nba

Ima_Cowboy
01-18-2009, 12:00 AM
Cleveland all the way!

Who is gonna win the championships this year??

Cleveland?
L.A.?
Dallas?
Boston?
San Antonio?

Clipse
01-18-2009, 12:03 AM
Now that Philly is playing amazing ball, I pick the Sixers :wink:

Bumpus
01-18-2009, 03:40 AM
Go Spurs Go!

MelbournePhin
01-18-2009, 10:48 AM
orlando not on that list? gimme a f'in break. 33-8 and the best team in the league

benelli1979
01-18-2009, 03:51 PM
Cleveland all the way!

Who is gonna win the championships this year??

Cleveland?
L.A.?
Dallas?
Boston?
San Antonio?

LOL Dallas??? The Mavs could very likely miss the playoffs this year, let alone make the Finals. Their window closed the same year they were knocked out by Golden State. They are going to get worse before they get better considering how screwed their cap situation is.

I think the other 4 in your group are the elite of the NBA. But you would have to throw Orlando in that group too. They have done really well against Western Conference teams this year and have the most dominant big man in the game. I actually like the Magic a little better then Boston at this point of the season but it's still early.

Prediction: Cleveland vs. Los Angeles in the Finals. LeBron gets his first ring after averaging 35 ppg 12 rebounds 9 assists in a Finals MVP performance.

Ima_Cowboy
01-18-2009, 09:09 PM
i just named the first 5 teams that came to my mind
no offence if ur team isnt on there
CLEVELAND!!!

benelli1979
01-19-2009, 10:15 AM
i just named the first 5 teams that came to my mind
no offence if ur team isnt on there
CLEVELAND!!!

Wow, Cavs, Yanks, Cowboys in your sig. You're not a bandwagon jumping fan at all. And I'm not at all being sarcastic. :rolleyes2:

Not sure how Navy got in there though. I'm surprised to not see a USC or UF logo in there.

PhinzN703
01-19-2009, 01:14 PM
orlando not on that list? gimme a f'in break. 33-8 and the best team in the league

Orlando is money.

Dallas on the list? :lol:

PhinzN703
01-19-2009, 01:15 PM
LOL Dallas??? The Mavs could very likely miss the playoffs this year, let alone make the Finals. Their window closed the same year they were knocked out by Golden State. They are going to get worse before they get better considering how screwed their cap situation is.

I think the other 4 in your group are the elite of the NBA. But you would have to throw Orlando in that group too. They have done really well against Western Conference teams this year and have the most dominant big man in the game. I actually like the Magic a little better then Boston at this point of the season but it's still early.

Prediction: Cleveland vs. Los Angeles in the Finals. LeBron gets his first ring after averaging 35 ppg 12 rebounds 9 assists in a Finals MVP performance.

No chance James averages those numbers in the Finals.

Kdawg954
01-19-2009, 01:46 PM
Don't count out the Heat . . . people may laugh, but we all saw what Wade did in 06, Lebron has never done that . . . hell he was even above Jordan for that Finals . . . he was that good. And I'm not even a Heat fan like that. All I'm saying is I wouldn't want to play Wade in the playoffs.

That being said, how can u not like the Celtics in a 7 game series.

Clipse
01-19-2009, 03:55 PM
Wow, Cavs, Yanks, Cowboys in your sig. You're not a bandwagon jumping fan at all. And I'm not at all being sarcastic. :rolleyes2:

Not sure how Navy got in there though. I'm surprised to not see a USC or UF logo in there.
Was thinking the same exact thing :lol:. Cavs, Yanks, Cowboys? Bandwagon. But Navy? WTF?

CedarPhin
01-19-2009, 03:57 PM
Don't count out the Heat . . . people may laugh, but we all saw what Wade did in 06, Lebron has never done that . . . hell he was even above Jordan for that Finals . . . he was that good. And I'm not even a Heat fan like that. All I'm saying is I wouldn't want to play Wade in the playoffs.

That being said, how can u not like the Celtics in a 7 game series.

Hopefully the rumored J. O'Neal for Marion/Banks deal goes through.

CedarPhin
01-19-2009, 03:58 PM
Speaking of Toronto..what happened to themt this year? They were so good last year, and this year it's like they've just fallen off a cliff.

Strange.

MelbournePhin
01-19-2009, 07:05 PM
miami is first round fodder this year

CedarPhin
01-20-2009, 09:03 AM
Has Orlando ever won anything meaningful?

Kdawg954
01-20-2009, 10:29 AM

nope

PhinzN703
01-20-2009, 11:11 AM

No but Miami didn't until either a few years ago. All it takes is one

benelli1979
01-20-2009, 03:19 PM
miami is first round fodder this year

You're probably right and I think that you're Magic have a real good shot at going to the Finals this year. Maybe even winning it all. That being said, the Heat are in rebuilding mode and are going to have quite a bit of cap flexibility over the next few years. Orlando needs to be careful and not put themselves in the same position the Heat did in the late 90's. Back then, the Heat had no cap room and had to stick with a team that was never quite good enough to make it to the Championship. They couldn't move any bad contracts and could not add any pieces other then trying to make trades.

I think the Magic may regret giving Rashard Lewis that huge contract they did last offseason. He's a very good player but they paid him like he was one of the top guys in the league and they are going to be stuck with him for better or worse for about 6 years, and they won't have much room to make a move if it doesn't work out.

If Orlando is good enough to win a championship with the team they have now then it won't matter. And Howard is one of those guys that will probably always give you a chance no matter who they surround him with. But usually, the teams who give out bad contracts in the NBA regretting it later.

Ima_Cowboy
01-20-2009, 10:04 PM
ok... i grew up liking dallas and the yankees, the cavaliers on the other hand, is my fav cuz LeBron is my fav player - he can play for any team and ill like that team - NAVY = god, my other team is ohio state, but navy is my fav

kud
01-20-2009, 10:16 PM
Miami is.. of course.

Cavs will never win a thing with Lebroom there. And before you ask, yes I am a hater.

p.s. player fans suck.

Wade's my favorite NBA player but I sure as hell aint gonna ride him to another team. I'll still root for him to do well when hes not playing Miami thats about it.

I know a dude on another board who claims like 8 teams. Cause he likes Kobe Lebron Wade Dwight KG and a few other star players. Ridiculous.

CedarPhin
01-21-2009, 04:21 PM
Miami is.. of course.

Cavs will never win a thing with Lebroom there. And before you ask, yes I am a hater.

p.s. player fans suck.

Wade's my favorite NBA player but I sure as hell aint gonna ride him to another team. I'll still root for him to do well when hes not playing Miami thats about it.

I know a dude on another board who claims like 8 teams. Cause he likes Kobe Lebron Wade Dwight KG and a few other star players. Ridiculous.

I know some dude thats a Bolts and a Cowboys fan.

Clipse
01-21-2009, 07:32 PM
Miami is.. of course.

p.s. player fans suck.

Agreed.

moe
01-21-2009, 08:09 PM
That's what I was saying. It's funny that nobody knows about this team. I was just listening to ESPN talking up the lakers-cavs game but I haven't heard crap about the celtics-magic. I'm pretty sure they are tied for most wins in the league at 33. I don't care, I just think its funny.

PS

Stan Van Jeremy rules!

MelbournePhin
01-21-2009, 10:12 PM

and miami fluked themselves to a ring. wtf does that have to do with the here and now?

kud
01-22-2009, 10:18 PM
and miami fluked themselves to a ring. wtf does that have to do with the here and now?

Fluke how? Bosh got picked (who Miami woulda picked) so Miami picked Wade? Is that what your talking about by calling it a fluke? Cause if not Miami's playoff performance was not a fluke it was an epic performance. A lot of people consider the 2006 Heat to be one of the worst NBA champions as far as talent is concerned.. which makes it all the more amazing that they accomplished that feat.

They said we were done vs Chicago. They said we were dead vs Detroit. They said we had no chance in hell vs Dallas. They were wrong.

This team is no FLUKE http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=k68g28aLan4

PhinzN703
01-24-2009, 07:24 PM
Fluke how? Bosh got picked (who Miami woulda picked) so Miami picked Wade? Is that what your talking about by calling it a fluke? Cause if not Miami's playoff performance was not a fluke it was an epic performance. A lot of people consider the 2006 Heat to be one of the worst NBA champions as far as talent is concerned.. which makes it all the more amazing that they accomplished that feat.

They said we were done vs Chicago. They said we were dead vs Detroit. They said we had no chance in hell vs Dallas. They were wrong.

This team is no FLUKE http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=k68g28aLan4

Winning is winning no matter who or where you are. Only people in the media and message boards care about the details. Bottom line, if your team won a championship, then that should be all you, a true fan, will ever need.