PDA

View Full Version : player measurements from SR Bowl!

SR 7
01-19-2009, 04:16 PM
Hey mods, i know this doesnt belong here but rather in draft but i notcied there were 160 ppl viewing this and only 22 in the draft section so I put it here to get some attention and if you can move it in an hour or so once ppl see it that would be awesome but either way do what you gotta do :up:

Measurements from the SR bowl today!

http://www.draftcountdown.com/features/SeniorBowl/reports/Weigh-In.php

cheyannefan
01-19-2009, 04:24 PM
One thing that popped off the screen:
Phil Loadholt OT, Oklahoma
6'8" 343lbs Arms: 36.5" Hands:9 7/8"
Notes: BIG with a huge upper body

Also,
Herman Johnson OL, LSU
6'7 3/8" 382 lbs Arms: 36" Hands:11 1/4"
Notes: Massive with LOTS of bulk

SR 7
01-19-2009, 04:29 PM
One thing that popped off the screen:
Phil Loadholt OT, Oklahoma
6'8" 343lbs Arms: 36.5" Hands:9 7/8"
Notes: BIG with a huge upper body

Also,
Herman Johnson OL, LSU
6'7 3/8" 382 lbs Arms: 36" Hands:11 1/4"
Notes: Massive with LOTS of bulk

those are the two guards i really like. A LOT.

SamIam
01-19-2009, 04:39 PM
those are the two guards i really like. A LOT.

Loadholt is great run blocker but terrible and I do mean terrible pass blocker... I would pass

DefensiveEnd76
01-19-2009, 04:44 PM
Historically huge o-linemen have not faired well in the heat of Miami

cheyannefan
01-19-2009, 04:47 PM
Historically huge o-linemen have not faired well in the heat of Miami
Well, that is what the FO is looking for. To get bigger and faster in the trenches. That is why I pointed those two players out.

SR 7
01-19-2009, 04:47 PM
Loadholt is great run blocker but terrible and I do mean terrible pass blocker... I would pass

loadholt is playign LT isnt he? which is out of his positon he is a better fit for RT not LT

54dolfan9923
01-19-2009, 04:49 PM
Take Loadholt with the first pick of the second, make Carey expensible/backup and have a dominant runblocking line. If we get the center from Baltimore, we could have a real nice line.

SR 7
01-19-2009, 04:53 PM
BTW bill parcells was seen at the SR bowl.. thats odd they said he was NOT going to attend. as was jerry jones

WelcomeBack
01-19-2009, 04:57 PM
Raji at 334!

He'd be ideal for us, but doubt he drops to our position.

SR 7
01-19-2009, 05:00 PM
brace was a monster himself at what 330 or so

SamIam
01-19-2009, 05:02 PM
Brace is a more natural NT .. JMO

Valandui
01-19-2009, 05:08 PM
Why did Connor Barwin go as a TE? He played DE all season and did amazing.

DKphin
01-19-2009, 05:09 PM
Connor Barwin is a DE not a TE. He converted to DE this past season and I'm pretty sure that is how he is going to be drafted.:rolleyes2:

WelcomeBack
01-19-2009, 05:12 PM
He's actually practicing as a tight end, but will probably play both all week.

PhinsRDbest
01-19-2009, 05:25 PM
Geez, Brace maybe gone by the time 44 comes around. They may have to pick him 25.

WelcomeBack
01-19-2009, 05:54 PM
I've been impressed with Loadholt so far.

Raji and Brace are both powerful and quick.

Larry English, Mitch King and Will Davis all look fast and could probably stand up next level and do quite well.

Mack is also doing well in my opinion.

WelcomeBack
01-19-2009, 05:58 PM
Evander Hood is making people look silly with his spin right now.

Brace is so strong. Raji beat Mack with a spin move. Then got past him with a great swim move.

DOC33
01-19-2009, 06:04 PM
Cushing has pretty short arms and at 6-3 243 he looks to be more of an ILB rather than a OLB.

SR 7
01-19-2009, 06:14 PM
Welcomeback are u watching this on NFL network? If so plz update as much as u can plzzzzz. Like who is doing what n how as far as performance etc Appreciate it.

WelcomeBack
01-19-2009, 06:16 PM
So far, in one practice, I'm VERY impressed with Mitch King. He was in the backfield a lot with very little stoppage. Pretty much ran through people.

Still too early to tell everything, but King, Brace, Raji, English, Loadholt and Ziggy Hood impressed me.

SR 7
01-19-2009, 06:18 PM
English is one of my favs at 25

SamIam
01-19-2009, 06:20 PM
Welcomeback are u watching this on NFL network? If so plz update as much as u can plzzzzz. Like who is doing what n how as far as performance etc Appreciate it.

Brace and Raji looked really good out there, very quick and powerfull, I would love either one with the fins. Hood also was impressive

Loadholt actually looked good as well, I did not expect that but he showed good quickness out there

SR 7
01-19-2009, 06:24 PM
Thanks!
The rest of the D linemen u guys mntioned are a bit small but brace and raji are monsters. Brace has longer arms as well

WelcomeBack
01-19-2009, 06:26 PM

Yes, I was watching on NFL Network. First practice is over.

I like Phil Loadholt as a right tackle. He did well in the one on one drills vs. defensive ends. Of course this wasn't that long of a showing, but I liked what I saw.

The receivers seemed and Derrick Williams did a good job making an adjustment on a throw that came up kind of short.

Evander Hood had people beat quite a bit with his spin move, which is very impressive at 298 lbs. Give credit to Kraig Urbik on one of the Hood spin attempts in which Urbik re-adjust his feet and got Hood out of the pocket.

Larry English and Will Davis seem fast, as does Tim Jamison. But again, still early and it's tough to tell. English would have had a sack in the team drills as well.

Ramses Barden is a good receiver. I like his size and he had a good catch in traffic on a ball thrown by Bomar that came out at the 3/4 level.

Mack and Unger had, in my opinion, inconsistent practices. They alternated center and guard, with both getting beat at times.

B.J. Raji and Ron Brace have both proven they are great at what they do. Both quick off the snap, and powerful. Raji even shows quickness with a spin move he used to get past Mack pretty easily. Brace is the mauler that just uses his will power to get where he wants.

But the guy I felt was most impressive had to be Mitch King from Iowa. Mayock kept stating that he is an undersized defensive tackle. King is a smart player that knows how to get in the backfield. During one on one drills, he was pretty much unstoppable. In the team drills, he also would have had a sack right up the middle. I'm intrigued to see where he plays at the next level.

Two practices tomorrow and I will keep reporting as much as I can.

SR 7
01-19-2009, 06:30 PM
Thanks! 2 practices for both north n south?

WelcomeBack
01-19-2009, 06:34 PM
Thanks! 2 practices for both north n south?

1 each. 1 in the morning, one in the afternoon. Not sure who is at which time.

I'm interested now also to see how Fili Moala responds. Three defensive tackles for the North have shown dominant skills to this point.

WelcomeBack
01-19-2009, 06:35 PM
Another person I want to comment on is Connor Barwin. Practiced at tight end the entire time I saw him, but the kid is athletic. He played tight end very well.

PhinsRDbest
01-19-2009, 06:50 PM
Watch for Robert Ayers. I'm interested to hear how he does because I heard he may be the best pass-rusher in the draft.

WelcomeBack
01-19-2009, 06:53 PM
Watch for Robert Ayers. I'm interested to hear how he does because I heard he may be the best pass-rusher in the draft.

I'll watch for him as much as I possibly can. If their coverage of the D-Line tomorrow is as good as it was today, I'm sure I'll see plenty of him.

Ronnieisabeast
01-19-2009, 07:33 PM
Yes, I was watching on NFL Network. First practice is over.

I like Phil Loadholt as a right tackle. He did well in the one on one drills vs. defensive ends. Of course this wasn't that long of a showing, but I liked what I saw.

The receivers seemed and Derrick Williams did a good job making an adjustment on a throw that came up kind of short.

Evander Hood had people beat quite a bit with his spin move, which is very impressive at 298 lbs. Give credit to Kraig Urbik on one of the Hood spin attempts in which Urbik re-adjust his feet and got Hood out of the pocket.

Larry English and Will Davis seem fast, as does Tim Jamison. But again, still early and it's tough to tell. English would have had a sack in the team drills as well.

Ramses Barden is a good receiver. I like his size and he had a good catch in traffic on a ball thrown by Bomar that came out at the 3/4 level.

Mack and Unger had, in my opinion, inconsistent practices. They alternated center and guard, with both getting beat at times.

B.J. Raji and Ron Brace have both proven they are great at what they do. Both quick off the snap, and powerful. Raji even shows quickness with a spin move he used to get past Mack pretty easily. Brace is the mauler that just uses his will power to get where he wants.

But the guy I felt was most impressive had to be Mitch King from Iowa. Mayock kept stating that he is an undersized defensive tackle. King is a smart player that knows how to get in the backfield. During one on one drills, he was pretty much unstoppable. In the team drills, he also would have had a sack right up the middle. I'm intrigued to see where he plays at the next level.

Two practices tomorrow and I will keep reporting as much as I can. Agreed with everything you said. Don't think King would ever fit in a 3-4 though, would get doubled too much. One quick question. I saw just one Viriginia player out there noticed it wasn't Sintim. Is Sintim playing in the senior bowl?

SR 7
01-19-2009, 07:36 PM
Yeah he's there (Sintim)

WelcomeBack
01-19-2009, 07:37 PM
Agreed with everything you said. Don't think King would ever fit in a 3-4 though, would get doubled too much. One quick question. I saw just one Viriginia player out there noticed it wasn't Sintim. Is Sintim playing in the senior bowl?

He's supposed to be. But they didn't show much of linebackers period. The main time you saw them was during team drills, and it was hard to keep up with who was who most of the time.

hooshoops
01-19-2009, 11:52 PM
what???

loadholt struggled mightily with speed on the left side and when move to the right which he's more a fit for he was top heavy and diidn't bend his knees. he bent at the waste. i thought he looked bad. at 6 ft 8 he's gonna not bend at the knees all that well and he proved it today.

raji looks like a penetrating dt to me not a nose. short arms. brace looks like a better nose fit he's not flashy but he exhibits great push and can move a guy back into the qb and anchor. like him starting in the 3rd right now.

i thought alex mack looked great under center. he handled raji very well when the matched up over center. it's when they moved mack to guard that raji got the best of him but i think mack can play and play well in our system. i like his as a solid 1st rounder.

unger was pushed around all over the place. he looked soft.

ramses barden looked ordinary. didn't see any real explosiion off the line or out of his cuts. no separation ability. i was underwhelmed.

darius butler looked the best to me today of the cbs he showed nice change of direction and footwork.

mitch king looked great in one on one drills but he's undersized and i don't think that kind of success in drills will translate to the nfl game as much. he's not a fit for us anyways.

i liked what i saw from mack the most of anybody in 2days practice of which only one team took the field. liked the way he handled a very large raji over center. makes me think he can handle noses in the nfl which ios what we need.

WelcomeBack
01-20-2009, 12:04 AM
what???

loadholt struggled mightily with speed on the left side and when move to the right which he's more a fit for he was top heavy and diidn't bend his knees. he bent at the waste. i thought he looked bad. at 6 ft 8 he's gonna not bend at the knees all that well and he proved it today.

Which is why I said I liked him as a right tackle.

raji looks like a penetrating dt to me not a nose. short arms. brace looks like a better nose fit he's not flashy but he exhibits great push and can move a guy back into the qb and anchor. like him starting in the 3rd right now.

I like both of them and feel that they can both play the nose, but that's just my opinion. I feel Raji will be gone by our pick, and Brace is shooting up draft boards.

i thought alex mack looked great under center. he handled raji very well when the matched up over center. it's when they moved mack to guard that raji got the best of him but i think mack can play and play well in our system. i like his as a solid 1st rounder.

unger was pushed around all over the place. he looked soft.

I said they alternated, and I wasn't overly impressed by either one. Again, it's just my opinion. I'm looking forward to seeing Caldwell tomorrow.

ramses barden looked ordinary. didn't see any real explosiion off the line or out of his cuts. no separation ability. i was underwhelmed.

I was just stating some of the things I saw from him. He doesn't have the explosion, and most of the things are known. He's a big target and I would've liked to see more of him.

darius butler looked the best to me today of the cbs he showed nice change of direction and footwork.

I would have to agree here. I liked watching Butler.

mitch king looked great in one on one drills but he's undersized and i don't think that kind of success in drills will translate to the nfl game as much. he's not a fit for us anyways.

I doubt we'd draft him. I just think it's a shame. He has a lot of talent and uses his hands well. He was great today.

Of course everyone will have differing opinions, but it's just one day into practice.

WelcomeBack
01-20-2009, 12:07 AM
Also, coming out of the center, I agree Mack did have a good jump.

It was tough for him to get over Raji from the guard position. I don't dislike Mack...I just wouldn't want him in the first.

hooshoops
01-20-2009, 12:15 AM
i think mack will show even better in drills tomorrow. i came in thinking he was a better fit maybe for a zbs but after 2day i felt he could handle his own over size. if he shows well the rest of the week in center drills i'd have no problem as of right now taking him with our late 1st rounder.

i like luigs and caldwell also.

WelcomeBack
01-20-2009, 12:18 AM
I guess I'm a little more cautious with it and not too hard on Satele.

I would like to see more of him the rest of the week and in the game.

I am a big fan of Caldwell and want to see his performance as well.

hooshoops
01-20-2009, 12:21 AM
i think satele was the biggest weakness on this oline. he was owned by nose tackles and needs to be moved to a zone blocking team where he can use his athleticism and finesse style.

the guards were expected to be weak after we lost thomas and smiley and they did not dissappoint but satele killed our run game b/t the tackles and was thrown around all over the field.

3rdandinches
01-20-2009, 12:23 AM
Thanks guys that's great to read the different opinions, really appreciate it.

WelcomeBack
01-20-2009, 12:26 AM
All I know, is this is going to be a long off-season lol.

Everyone differs in their wants and feelings. It's going to be good discussion here.

I can see where you are coming from with Satele. I just don't know how the front office views him. He did well in his first year, and dropped off last year. I want to see how the front office approaches it.

MrEd
01-20-2009, 01:22 AM
I don't know about anyone else, but Brace impressed me more than Raji did. I'm kind of ok with Raji being taken in the top 20. We'd be quite happy with Brace at #25. Him and Soliai could man the NT spot for years once Fergy is done with us.

SR 7
01-20-2009, 02:30 AM
All I know, is this is going to be a long off-season lol.

Everyone differs in their wants and feelings. It's going to be good discussion here.

I can see where you are coming from with Satele. I just don't know how the front office views him. He did well in his first year, and dropped off last year. I want to see how the front office approaches it.

I dont like satele at center either. When ur C gets false starts u know he is worried about the NT and the NT is in his head. he had waht? 4-5 of em this year and i think 2 were against one of the top Tackles i think wilfork or jenkins cant rem.

Satele should bring in a 2nd or 3rd round pick in a trade as he is young and a good pass blocker but struggles against the run big time and id LOVE to see Brown here at center if we can.

WelcomeBack
01-20-2009, 02:33 AM
I dont like satele at center either. When ur C gets false starts u know he is worried about the NT and the NT is in his head. he had waht? 4-5 of em this year and i think 2 were against one of the top Tackles i think wilfork or jenkins cant rem.

Satele should bring in a 2nd or 3rd round pick in a trade as he is young and a good pass blocker but struggles against the run big time and id LOVE to see Brown here at center if we can.

I'd accept Brown over Mack any day. We've seen what Brown could do against the pro competition AND NT's out there.

If we got Brown, I'd be ecstatic cause that just gives us more room with our draft picks.

Brown and Atogwe are my main wants in the free agency period.

JT-forpresident
01-20-2009, 04:09 AM
LMAO at this:

notes on BJ raji:
Stocky fireplug with a huge butt.

hahaha

SR 7
01-20-2009, 04:23 AM
butler is also doing a great job apparently as is Francis the CB who reminds me of CRomartie from the Cards. Smith the small CB is doign what he did all year, show hes a ball hawk and a gamer evne though he is small.