PDA

View Full Version : The Forgotten Choice at #25

PhinsPhan122
01-20-2009, 12:53 PM
There is someone we've been forgetting that could be a real good option when we are picking at #25...

A Trade

Think about it. Every year there are teams trying to trade into the later parts of the first round because there are a lot of good players available and sometimes at the perfect needs for that team. If we get in a situation where the couple of guys we were targeting are gone, or there aren't any players that fill our needs, I wouldn't be surprised at all to see us trade out of the first and get another second rounder and maybe a future pick. I would rather us do that than take someone we aren't 100% sure about. It also helps that the drafts lately have been pretty deep and there is a lot of talent in the 2nd round.

Roman529
01-20-2009, 02:54 PM
It would be nice if a top player fell to #25 and maybe we could get an extra pick from a team wanting to move up....maybe a later 1st rounder and a 2nd rounder? I'd rather trade down for extra picks than trying to trade up.

Kdawg954
01-21-2009, 06:26 AM
It would be nice if a top player fell to #25 and maybe we could get an extra pick from a team wanting to move up....maybe a later 1st rounder and a 2nd rounder? I'd rather trade down for extra picks than trying to trade up.

Unfortunately the value wouldn't be that great to move down in the first round . . . I think a team like the Lions (tho they would already have 2 first rounders, a third I don't know if they would have trouble signing) if they wanted the #25 pick, they would give up the #33 pick and the 3rd rounder they got from Dallas in the Roy Williams trade . . . I would do that quick fast . . . unless a player we really like is on the board.

With those 5 picks in the first 90 . . . we could get a C/NT/FS/OLB/CB . . . assuming we resign Crowder/Carey/Bell. Not resigning any one of the 3 makes that position one that needs addressing. Obviously if the right WR comes up, that is an option also, especially with 3 2nd round picks . . . with guys like Bey, Nicks and Britt . . . all bigger WR's with #1 potential over time.

If we do resign those guys, and address those 5 needs stated above, then we can start looking at OL depth, front 7 depth and BPA (which we probably do anyways).

I definitely wouldn't rule out a trade, but if a guy we want is there, we may have to jump. Good thing is a guy like Sintim would probably still be there if we traded down to the Lions (assuming he makes it to us at 25). . . because he probably goes to a 3-4 team, and there are no other 3-4 teams drafting behind us in the first round . . . then again, what stops another team from trading up and jumping back into the first round to get him. . . that is the crazy thing with the draft.

rev kev
01-21-2009, 09:56 AM
It's not forgotten it's not unlikely at all... if one can drop to the first few picks of the Second Round and get a few extra first day picks this and next... Very plausible

rev kev
01-21-2009, 09:58 AM
Unfortunately the value wouldn't be that great to move down in the first round . . . I think a team like the Lions (tho they would already have 2 first rounders, a third I don't know if they would have trouble signing) if they wanted the #25 pick, they would give up the #33 pick and the 3rd rounder they got from Dallas in the Roy Williams trade . . . I would do that quick fast . . . unless a player we really like is on the board.

Me too me too

tech
01-21-2009, 10:32 AM
i can see a trade with ravens if they lose one of there three lb or there center we move down one pick i think and get draft choice this year like a fourth or a third next year

The Codfather
01-22-2009, 03:16 AM
I would love us to trade down. This is such a deep draft. If we HAVE to pick at 25 I'm hoping for a DT - Peria Jerry. He seems like a poor man's Tommie Harris.

BARF
01-22-2009, 03:34 AM
do the trade only if we get a 2 and a 4