PDA

View Full Version : This isn't about religeon

dolfan06
10-03-2003, 03:22 AM
Originally posted by Barbarian

:up:
This isn't about religeon! This is about acknowleging the allmighty god!"
~Some moron on talk radio out here. somebody actually said that? wow, what a rube!

:rolleyes:

Barbarian
10-03-2003, 03:45 AM
Originally posted by dolfan06
somebody actually said that? wow, what a rube!

Yep, I couldn't believe it when I heard the guy say it. I thought I must have been hearing him wrong... then he said it again and cemented it. :lol:

dolfan87
10-03-2003, 10:23 AM

Yep, I couldn't believe it when I heard the guy say it. I thought I must have been hearing him wrong... then he said it again and cemented it. :lol:

Exactly what do you see wrong with his statement? He is actually correct, this has nothing to do with "religion". Fill me in on exactly what "religion" God is? Is he Baptist? Catholic?

See man invented religion, God invented relationships. We founded this country based on the freedom to worship however we see fit.

The seperation of Church and State was to keep the State from telling us what "religion' we HAD to worship God under. Unfortunately over the years it's been perverted into a 'remove God from everything that is state' rule.

Religion truly has nothing to do with it.

So now we have this happening...the Ten Commandments being removed. Well let me tell you what, God has blessed this country big time over the years. Go back into your old testament and read what happens to countries that turn from God.

Barbarian
10-03-2003, 10:20 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Some people will just never get it...

this is why we need to stop arguing about putting religeon back in schools and start teaching common sense instead. :goof:

Barbarian
10-03-2003, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by dolfan87

Go back into your old testament and read what happens to countries that turn from God.

PS:
I could give a rats *** what is in your little work of fiction, I'm not a member of your religion thank you.

You thumpers seem to forget that not everybody is a bible waving nutcase like yourself, hell most christians I know found that lunatics statements idiotic.

dolfan06
10-04-2003, 12:07 AM

PS:
I could give a rats *** what is in your little work of fiction, I'm not a member of your religion thank you.

You thumpers seem to forget that not everybody is a bible waving nutcase like yourself, hell most christians I know found that lunatics statements idiotic. i'm not a thumper, but i do believe in god. i don't push it because there are too many that just turn a dead ear!:rolleyes:

Barbarian
10-04-2003, 10:43 AM
i'm not a thumper, but i do believe in god. i don't push it because there are too many that just turn a dead ear!:rolleyes:

sorry if you thought I meant you 06, I was actually refering to 87 there, I'm guessing that you would fall into the "most christians" part of my post instead of the glazed over Prophets of the Carribean fringe lunatics that bounce around all to often.

I got no problem with christianity, I have issues with people trying to shove it down my throat, but yeah, you havent done that here, so I wasn't directing my ire at you at all. :)

dolfan06
10-05-2003, 12:04 AM

sorry if you thought I meant you 06, I was actually refering to 87 there, I'm guessing that you would fall into the "most christians" part of my post instead of the glazed over Prophets of the Carribean fringe lunatics that bounce around all to often.

I got no problem with christianity, I have issues with people trying to shove it down my throat, but yeah, you havent done that here, so I wasn't directing my ire at you at all. :) totally understood!;)

PhinPhan1227
10-06-2003, 08:34 AM
"re·li·gion ( P ) Pronunciation Key (r-ljn)
n.

Belief in and reverence for a supernatural power or powers regarded as creator and governor of the universe.
A personal or institutionalized system grounded in such belief and worship. "

The statement itself is not only moronic, it's indicative of a dangerous mindset. I consider myself to be a spiritual person, but that comment was exactly the kind of thing you heard from Communists when discussing the "science" of Marxism. Their "religious" fervor dictated that because Marx had declared his philosophy to be scientifically correct, than it must be scientifically correct despite a complete paucity of any ACTUAL science. The statement "This isn't about religeon! This is about acknowleging the allmighty god" is indicative of a person who feels that HIS beliefs somehow transend religion. As if religion is some trapping, and his beliefs sprang up independantly of any outside source. Consider two of your own statements..

"See man invented religion, God invented relationships. "

"Go back into your old testament and read what happens to countries that turn from God."

On the one hand you've stated that God exists independantly of any one religion. Therefore, God is not limited by any one religion. Therefore no one religion has the corner on insight to God. Then you turn around and tell someone to read the Old Testament in order to see EXACTLY what God will do!! It's not only COMPLETELY contradictory, it's exactly the kind of statement that has preceded every bad act ever committed in the name of God.

Originally posted by dolfan87

Exactly what do you see wrong with his statement? He is actually correct, this has nothing to do with "religion". Fill me in on exactly what "religion" God is? Is he Baptist? Catholic?

See man invented religion, God invented relationships. We founded this country based on the freedom to worship however we see fit.

The seperation of Church and State was to keep the State from telling us what "religion' we HAD to worship God under. Unfortunately over the years it's been perverted into a 'remove God from everything that is state' rule.

Religion truly has nothing to do with it.

So now we have this happening...the Ten Commandments being removed. Well let me tell you what, God has blessed this country big time over the years. Go back into your old testament and read what happens to countries that turn from God.

Dolfan02
10-10-2003, 06:07 AM
PhinPhan I am totally convinced you are atheist. Its so funny to read how you try to sound so smart with your "poetic" English, pronounciation spelling, and over-analytical philosophies that imitate Socrates. :lol: :lol: Good job buddy. Rather than "bore" an atheist person like yourself with an abundant evidence of God and Jesus Christ, let me just tell you that I seriously pray for your soul when you die. You will leave this world which is only a test, and you will be judged on your faith in God if you shall have eternal life in the heavens or in hell. You've been warned, so be prepared for your meeting with God when the time comes.

Back to the topic. God trully indeed has nothing to do with religion. God is the creator of the Universe and man, man is the creator of religion through the ways he perceives God wants us to act and live accordingly through the foundations of the religion.

Dolfan02
10-10-2003, 06:20 AM
... Oh and by the way, great post Dolphan87 ;)

Den54
10-10-2003, 07:29 AM
Originally posted by Dolfan02
PhinPhan I am totally convinced you are atheist. Its so funny to read how you try to sound so smart with your "poetic" English, pronounciation spelling, and over-analytical philosophies that imitate Socrates. :lol: :lol: Good job buddy. Rather than "bore" an atheist person like yourself with an abundant evidence of God and Jesus Christ, let me just tell you that I seriously pray for your soul when you die. You will leave this world which is only a test, and you will be judged on your faith in God if you shall have eternal life in the heavens or in hell. You've been warned, so be prepared for your meeting with God when the time comes.

Back to the topic. God trully indeed has nothing to do with religion. God is the creator of the Universe and man, man is the creator of religion through the ways he perceives God wants us to act and live accordingly through the foundations of the religion.

WOW!!!
What a Christ like post.:lol: :rolleyes:

PhinPhan1227
10-10-2003, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by Dolfan02

ROFL!! Not only am I not an athiest, I'm actually a Christian. Heck ,I try to talk to God daily...doesn't always happen, but I do try. As for you judging me to be an athiest, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, and assume that you just misinterpreted my posts. As for the discussion itself, what you need to understand is that YOUR religion sets God as the creator of the Universe, as does mine. Someone ELSE'S religion may not. Your concept of Jesus Christ and his covenant with man is a product of our religious teachings. My spirituality and sense of wonder at the complexity of the Universe is the source of my belief and faith in "God". My study and acceptance of the basic teachings of the Bible are the source of my acceptance of the basic Christian docrtrine. Again, what's DANGEROUS is when you divorce HOW you learned your beliefs, with the beliefs themselves. This statement....

"God trully indeed has nothing to do with religion. God is the creator of the Universe and man, man is the creator of religion through the ways he perceives God wants us to act and live accordingly through the foundations of the religion."

...completely ignores the basic fact that the REASON you believe this to be true is because of that man created/God inspired religion.

dolfan06
10-10-2003, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by PhinPhan1227

ROFL!! Not only am I not an athiest, there is no true atheist anyway. a true atheist believes in nothing. we all take holidays from work? christmas is a religious holiday, and we all take it for what ever reason! lmao

Den54
10-10-2003, 10:47 AM

ROFL!! Not only am I not an athiest, I'm actually a Christian. Heck ,I try to talk to God daily...doesn't always happen, but I do try. As for you judging me to be an athiest, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, and assume that you just misinterpreted my posts. As for the discussion itself, what you need to understand is that YOUR religion sets God as the creator of the Universe, as does mine. Someone ELSE'S religion may not. Your concept of Jesus Christ and his covenant with man is a product of our religious teachings. My spirituality and sense of wonder at the complexity of the Universe is the source of my belief and faith in "God". My study and acceptance of the basic teachings of the Bible are the source of my acceptance of the basic Christian docrtrine. Again, what's DANGEROUS is when you divorce HOW you learned your beliefs, with the beliefs themselves. This statement....

"God trully indeed has nothing to do with religion. God is the creator of the Universe and man, man is the creator of religion through the ways he perceives God wants us to act and live accordingly through the foundations of the religion."

...completely ignores the basic fact that the REASON you believe this to be true is because of that man created/God inspired religion.

Nicely put Stewie.
I'm humbled by it.:)

PhinPhan1227
10-10-2003, 12:12 PM
there is no true atheist anyway. a true atheist believes in nothing. we all take holidays from work? christmas is a religious holiday, and we all take it for what ever reason! lmao

What I find funny are those "true athiests" who declare that they take nothing on faith and therefore refuse to believe in a "superior being"...meanwhile they have no problem putting their faith in scientific theorum which exist frequently on extremely tenuous "proof", and more often then not, are overturned with great frequency.

dolfan06
10-10-2003, 03:54 PM

What I find funny are those "true athiests" who declare that they take nothing on faith and therefore refuse to believe in a "superior being"...meanwhile they have no problem putting their faith in scientific theorum which exist frequently on extremely tenuous "proof", and more often then not, are overturned with great frequency. what ever scientific innovations they have. i believe they were God given talents to find the solutions in the first place!;)