PDA

View Full Version : Defensive tackles, potential outside linebackers gaining attention - Pat Kirwan

JT-forpresident
01-21-2009, 07:04 PM
http://www.nfl.com/seniorbowl/story?id=09000d5d80e4328a&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

nice read, although i was disapointed with the fact that he couldn't identify potential NTackles for a 3-4 defence... it looks like kirwan projects Raji as a 3 technique, but i totally have to disagree... i'd see him as a NT in a 4-3 or a 3-4 any day

Brian cushing's versatility, as kirwan mentionned, definitely will interest 3-4 teams... i'm starting to think that we really COULD select him, he'll definitely be on our board that's for sure, but he's not at the top

phinfan33
01-21-2009, 09:42 PM
Clint Sintim played the position at Virginia and, as one scout said, "What you see is what you get. He's been well-coached but may be better suited inside than out."...has Sintim ever played ILB at Virginia? or strictly OLB?

I am Bane
01-21-2009, 10:04 PM
thanks for the article.... i'm still high on Ramses Barden to help out in our red zone where our WR's have struggled drastically.

NT i would love to get some youth in that position, but its questionable whom can fit in nicely with the 3-4 as i read... but i love the power and legs a couple these guys have!!!

JT-forpresident
01-21-2009, 10:16 PM
i'm starting to think they'll draft a pair of NT in the 4th and 7th (maybe a 3rd rounder instead) to compete with each other and be a 3rd stringer... if raji is available it's a whole different story but i highly doubt that will happen