PDA

View Full Version : Mel Kiper's 1st Round Mock Draft

benelli1979
01-21-2009, 10:48 PM
And it goes a little something like this...

1 Detroit - Matthew Stafford QB Georgia

2 St. Louis - Andre Smith OT Alabama

3 Kansas City - Mark Sanchez QB USC

4 Seattle - Michael Crabtree WR Texas Tech

5 Cleveland - Aaron Curry LB Wake Forest

6 Cincinnati - Jason Smith OT Baylor

7 Oakland - Jeremy Maclin WR Missouri

8 Jacksonville - Eugene Monroe OT Virginia

9 Green Bay - Malcolm Jenkins CB Ohio St.

10 San Francisco - Aaron Maybin DE/OLB Penn St.

11 Buffalo - Brandon Pettigrew TE Oklahoma St.

12 Denver - B.J. Raji DT Boston College

13 Washington - Brian Orakpo DE Texas

14 New Orleans - Vontae Davis CB Illinois

15 Houston - Everette Brown DE Florida St.

16 San Diego - Knowshon Moreno RB Georgia

17 New York Jets - Percy Harvin WR Florida

18 Chicago - Tyson Jackson DE LSU

19 Tampa Bay - Josh Freeman QB Kansas St.

20 Detroit (from Dallas) - Rey Maualuga LB USC

21 Philadelphia - Chris "Beanie" Wells RB Ohio St.

22 Minnesota - Hakeem Nicks WR North Carolina

23 New England - Brian Cushing LB USC

24 Atlanta - Larry English DE/OLB No. Illinois

25 Miami - Darrius Heyward-Bey WR Mryland

26 Baltimore - D.J. Moore CB Vanderbilt

27 Indianapolis - Peria Jerry DT Mississippi

28 Philadelphia (from Carolina) - Michael Oher OT Mississippi

29 New York Giants - James Laurinaitis LB Ohio St.

30 Tennessee - Michael Johnson DE Georgia Tech

31 Arizona - LeSean McCoy RB Pittsburgh

32 Pittsburgh - Alex Mack C California

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?id=3850049

What do you guys think?

X-Pacolypse
01-21-2009, 10:51 PM
Heyward-Bey? Once again, an EPIC FAIL on Kipers part.

benelli1979
01-21-2009, 10:55 PM

lol

To be honest, I've never heard of Darrius Heyward-Bey. I like Nicks from UNC though. Maybe he'll fall a few spots.

X-Pacolypse
01-21-2009, 11:02 PM
lol

To be honest, I've never heard of Darrius Heyward-Bey. I like Nicks from UNC though. Maybe he'll fall a few spots.

I've seen Heyward-Bey at Maryland and he just strikes me as a track star trying to play football. I think it would be more likely that Miami would take CB D.J. Moore at that point versus taking a WR. Honestly, I'm shocked that Kiper has Oher slipping that far. He would be a supremely intriguing pick if he fell that far.

Shula72
01-21-2009, 11:07 PM
Could not be said any better. Cheers to all Fin Fans

Kdawg954
01-21-2009, 11:23 PM
No Williams Moore in the first round . . . he is free falling from a bad senior year and a bad week so far in senior bowl practices. We maybe could grab him in round 2 . . . seriously . . . he is going to need a good game and a good combine.

BARF
01-21-2009, 11:33 PM
lol

i am with you i prefer nicks also

rev kev
01-21-2009, 11:34 PM

OMG :sidelol: He really doesn't care

BARF
01-21-2009, 11:35 PM
its mocks like these, the reason i am liking mcshay now

Kdawg954
01-21-2009, 11:52 PM
I mean I don't want to go WR, but u guys do realize that Bey is like 6'3 210 lbs and runs a 4.3 40 right? Only problem is he is still very Raw . . . and with the impatience of Ginn on this site, I don't think you guys could take another WR that may require 2 or 3 years of development.

But he has tremendous upside . . . kid is a BEAST, he just has to continue to learn how to be a WR. It would excite me if the Trifecta made this pick, because they obviously would feel that this kid could be the next big thing and they can develop him properly.

jbyrd423
01-22-2009, 12:15 AM
he has oher really low, is he a good run blocking tackle, if he slipped to us and we didnt resign carey he could play the right side.

I am Bane
01-22-2009, 12:38 AM
i agree with everyone on H-Bey......

but to add, with Buffalo's horrible woes on the D-line and no pressure, especially with how Schoebel was hurt most the season, why in the world would they go TE 1st round instead of Raji before Denver.... or even Orakpo???

Kdawg954
01-22-2009, 12:38 AM
he has oher really low, is he a good run blocking tackle, if he slipped to us and we didnt resign carey he could play the right side.

Yea I don't think Oher falls that far . . . when motivated, Oher is the best overall tackle in this draft. Tons of potential and talent. Unfortunately I doubt we let Carey see Free Agency, so this is a problem we won't have to deal with.

I think if we knew Oher was there right now . . . we would take him and not resign Vernon.

I am Bane
01-22-2009, 12:42 AM
if you want flags left and right called on the dolphins offense.... draft Oher

Yea I don't think Oher falls that far . . . when motivated, Oher is the best overall tackle in this draft. Tons of potential and talent. Unfortunately I doubt we let Carey see Free Agency, so this is a problem we won't have to deal with.

I think if we knew Oher was there right now . . . we would take him and not resign Vernon.

BARF
01-22-2009, 12:48 AM
I mean I don't want to go WR, but u guys do realize that Bey is like 6'3 210 lbs and runs a 4.3 40 right? Only problem is he is still very Raw . . . and with the impatience of Ginn on this site, I don't think you guys could take another WR that may require 2 or 3 years of development.

But he has tremendous upside . . . kid is a BEAST, he just has to continue to learn how to be a WR. It would excite me if the Trifecta made this pick, because they obviously would feel that this kid could be the next big thing and they can develop him properly.

well about 75 percent of players take time to develop if they are coming from the lower schools, at least this kid has played against acc defenses which are pretty good, he should come along nicely, the thing with ginn is that he came from osu and the world was expected of him when he was drafted and he did not live up to the hype

Kdawg954
01-22-2009, 12:49 AM
if you want flags left and right called on the dolphins offense.... draft Oher

Yea? Wow, he is that that bad on the discipline lol. Well that isn't tolerated here in Miami, so they would correct that quickly. I think Sparano makes u do some crazy **** if u get more than 1 flag in a game, like walk on hot coals or some ****. Oher would have to break that habit quick fast.

P_lock
01-22-2009, 02:02 AM
I'm surprised Kiper thinks Maualuga and Oher both drop that far down. Either look good at 20+ (even 15+ to me).

And the Fins taking a WR in round 1? Horrible in almost every sense of the word. Its not even going for the best pick available, its just random picking.

MadDog 88
01-22-2009, 02:16 AM
Mel Kiper Jr. I give him a C on his mock draft analysis. I think it's fitting.

blackthought
01-22-2009, 02:20 AM
And it goes a little something like this...

1 Detroit - Matthew Stafford QB Georgia

2 St. Louis - Andre Smith OT Alabama

3 Kansas City - Mark Sanchez QB USC

4 Seattle - Michael Crabtree WR Texas Tech

5 Cleveland - Aaron Curry LB Wake Forest

6 Cincinnati - Jason Smith OT Baylor

7 Oakland - Jeremy Maclin WR Missouri

8 Jacksonville - Eugene Monroe OT Virginia

9 Green Bay - Malcolm Jenkins CB Ohio St.

10 San Francisco - Aaron Maybin DE/OLB Penn St.

11 Buffalo - Brandon Pettigrew TE Oklahoma St.

12 Denver - B.J. Raji DT Boston College

13 Washington - Brian Orakpo DE Texas

14 New Orleans - Vontae Davis CB Illinois

15 Houston - Everette Brown DE Florida St.

16 San Diego - Knowshon Moreno RB Georgia

17 New York Jets - Percy Harvin WR Florida

18 Chicago - Tyson Jackson DE LSU

19 Tampa Bay - Josh Freeman QB Kansas St.

20 Detroit (from Dallas) - Rey Maualuga LB USC

21 Philadelphia - Chris "Beanie" Wells RB Ohio St.

22 Minnesota - Hakeem Nicks WR North Carolina

23 New England - Brian Cushing LB USC

24 Atlanta - Larry English DE/OLB No. Illinois

30 Tennessee - Michael Johnson DE Georgia Tech

31 Arizona - LeSean McCoy RB Pittsburgh

32 Pittsburgh - Alex Mack C California

What do you guys think?

:sidelol: No this is Hilarious... But don't be surprised if alot of the players pretty much fall like this. Rey and James are not surprises to me in this draft. But in this draft I've love it if the Dolphins picked up Oher. Long AND Oher wow, wow.

I am Bane
01-22-2009, 02:22 AM
i listen to mel kiper jr. but i dont always take his ideas, his analasys, his thoughts to the fullest. i always do more research into things, because i do not trust him totally

you are a good teacher!!! C sounds like a good grade

Mel Kiper Jr. I give him a C on his mock draft analysis. I think it's fitting.

MadDog 88
01-22-2009, 02:25 AM
i listen to mel kiper jr. but i dont always take his ideas, his analasys, his thoughts to the fullest. i always do more research into things, because i do not trust him totally

you are a good teacher!!! C sounds like a good grade
Hey Bane. I hit you back at the other site about Ginn (LoungeRat).

I am Bane
01-22-2009, 02:28 AM
i just looked at the draft again an if Laurinaitis and Mack are still available for us, i don't see us passing up on them...... especially for a speedy WR that only had one game over 5 catches this past season. Track star in the NFL... kinda scary to me.

TonySporanoTuna
01-22-2009, 02:33 AM
i just looked at the draft again an if Laurinaitis and Mack are still available for us, i don't see us passing up on them...... especially for a speedy WR that only had one game over 5 catches this past season. Track star in the NFL... kinda scary to me.
Mack sucks. All he does is fall down.

I really like the Heyward-Bey (http://www.draftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/wr/Darrius-Heyward-Bey.php) pick. It makes perfect sense because there isn't good value there at a more glaring need and he would be BPA. Oher is not needed even though I like him.

I am Bane
01-22-2009, 02:42 AM
i'd rather not take a lineman 1st round... but Mack has great awareness, great strength and is very aggressive with technique, unlike Satelle..... but yes, his base and legs is questionable.

to add to base and legs... most lineman i have watched, and seen have the same type of problems. i dont like many lineman all-in-all this year. a lot of plodding, a lot of bad legs, poor base, and a lot of playing high and poor technique

I really like the Heyward-Bey (http://www.draftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/wr/Darrius-Heyward-Bey.php) pick. It makes perfect sense because there isn't good value there at a more glaring need and he would be BPA. Oher is not needed even though I like him.

TonySporanoTuna
01-22-2009, 02:43 AM
i'd rather not take a lineman 1st round... but Mack has great awareness, great strength and is very aggressive with technique, unlike Satelle..... but yes, his base and legs is questionable.

to add to base and legs... most lineman i have watched, and seen have the same type of problems. i dont like many lineman all-in-all this year. a lot of plodding, a lot of bad legs, poor base, and a lot of playing high and poor techniqueYa, that's why we should go all defense and maybe actually take Heyward-Bey (http://www.draftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/wr/Darrius-Heyward-Bey.php).

I am Bane
01-22-2009, 02:46 AM
i TOTALLY agree with you on going all defense, especially throughout like rounds 1-4!!!

disagree with you on Heyward-Bey. it does scare me with speed demons in the NFL.... if people are not happy with Ginn right now, lets not bring in the same type of guy with Heyward-Bey (especially first round)

Ya, that's why we should go all defense and maybe actually take Heyward-Bey (http://www.draftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/wr/Darrius-Heyward-Bey.php).

WitheringPlant
01-22-2009, 05:15 AM
Alright I'm a Trojans fan and all, but since when is Mark Sanchez a top 3 pick? If the guy could actually put together a clutch drive, the Trojans would have been national champs.

MrEd
01-22-2009, 06:54 AM
Alright I'm a Trojans fan and all, but since when is Mark Sanchez a top 3 pick? If the guy could actually put together a clutch drive, the Trojans would have been national champs.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. Mike Mayock is the one that I trust and he says that neither QBs get a top 20 grade from him. Though, one should go top ten...

rev kev
01-22-2009, 09:08 AM
We aren't taking a WR on the first day so mind as well get over it...

General Tso
01-22-2009, 09:24 AM

Mack sucks? You think Heyward-Bey would be a good pick at #25? Sorry... but I'm glad you're not running the show.

Parcells/Ireland won't take Heyward-Bey if he's available at #44, let alone #25. An underclassman WR with pedestrian college production is not what the Trifecta looks for on the first day of the draft.

jim1
01-22-2009, 09:34 AM

Mack is the 2-time PAC 10 OL of the year- he does more than just fall down. I don't like his lack of balance either, but in part he's on the ground a lot because he's always attacking. he's very, very aggressive, which would be great for us.

JC
01-22-2009, 09:42 AM
Kiper is an absolute idiot.

I'm not going to rate this thread bad, because you are merely the messenger on this topic, and Mel is the fool, and after reading this my IQ has dropped.

Speaking of IQ Mel has the IQ of less than an onion.

CedarPhin
01-22-2009, 09:46 AM
I can't see Heyward-Bey going that high in the first, and to us no less.

I'd rather have Mack or Sintim.

TheDon74
01-22-2009, 09:55 AM
So he has us wasting our 1st pick on what he considers the 5th best receiver in the draft? Great

SpurzN703
01-22-2009, 10:01 AM

But the dudes here want Jerry Rice to emerge from the draft on Day 1 so good luck with that

Kdawg954
01-22-2009, 10:01 AM
Mel is a great draft mind . . . I like the Bey pick . . . IFFFFF . . . Parcells/Ireland makes the pick. That tells me a lot about what they think of the kid and what he can become. He has the potential to be the physical beast we need at WR.

That being said, I rather DJ Moore or Clint Sintim at that spot. Even William Moore, tho his stock is dropping and he is having a poor Senior Bowl practice session.

Now when Bey puts up his 4.29 40 @ 6'3 . . . this pick will be moot as he will go before us anyways . . . don't think Mel hasn't projected the combine with this also . . . lol why do u think he has Maclin at #7. Teams are going to jump for these guys. Tons of talent at WR this year.

Kdawg954
01-22-2009, 10:02 AM
But the dudes here want Jerry Rice to emerge from the draft on Day 1 so good luck with that

:lol: u ain't kiddin.

TheDon74
01-22-2009, 10:16 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyjaBWuo4zA

So after watching his highlight reel I will have to say he has a hell of a burst for his size. I also like the fact that he makes a play and seems to run right back to the huddle. With that said I'm still not sold on him in the 1st but maybe use one of our 2nd rounders on him if he's there, and I'm thinking he will be.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnCm5Uhh6XE&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HI-rEopKpSs&feature=related

Kdawg954
01-22-2009, 10:24 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyjaBWuo4zA

So after watching his highlight reel I will have to say he has a hell of a burst for his size. I also like the fact that he makes a play and seems to run right back to the huddle. With that said I'm still not sold on him in the 1st but maybe use one of our 2nd rounders on him if he's there, and I'm thinking he will be.

Nah he won't be there, he is going to have an incredible combine . . . I don't think he falls to #25 to be honest with you.

The ONLY reason he isn't rated higher is because he didn't put up the numbers u would like . . . which is a very valid reason for him being this low in the first round.

SnakeoilSeller
01-22-2009, 10:35 AM
Heyward-Bey would not be a bad selection, I think it is a little high though. I just cannot see the Tuna Trifecta selecting a WR in round 1. If Oher falls that far I could definetly see them drafting him, even if we resign Carey. I would move Carey to RG. I think Mel might have just stopped thinking after pick 10. There are 3 others after Heyward - Bey in his mock draft that I think makes more sense for the Fins. Oher, Laurinitis, Moore.

nick1
01-22-2009, 10:50 AM
Nicks is a better WR and more the kind of guy we need, he's more polished and has great hands to make any catch

crazyfin
01-22-2009, 10:52 AM
If dolphins pick a WR at #25 i hope they pick Hakeem nicks crazy hands this guy has!!!!

crazyfin
01-22-2009, 10:53 AM
Nicks is a better WR and more the kind of guy we need, he's more polished and has great hands to make any catch

Great minds think alike!!!!!

PhinsPhan122
01-22-2009, 11:33 AM
I'd rather have any of his 26-32 (except McCoy) rather than Heyward-Bey. I would like Heyward-Bey if it was the 2a pick.

Phishpunk@WCU
01-22-2009, 11:59 AM
If Michael Johnson, DJ Moores or James Laurinaitis are there at 25 I think we draft them. Heyward-Bey make the least sense of the players available.

I am Bane
01-22-2009, 12:04 PM
i did have Heyward-Bey as one of my WR's to look at and keep watching, but definitely not first round drafting.... we need way too much otherwise, especially defense, to take a WR early like that and hope....

there are many WR's in the draft this year that could pan out for miami and help us out.... dont need to jump on that position so early... maybe 3rd round-4th

Blackocrates
01-22-2009, 02:09 PM
I don't want the Dolphins to draft a WR with the first pick but I wouldn't be that upset if they selected Darrius Heyward-Bey. The guy is a great WR. I don't know why so many people are hating on him, seems like a lot of you haven't seen him play much. The guy can catch everything, I can't recall him dropping a pass.

I am Bane
01-22-2009, 02:13 PM
i am not hating on him... i think with our needs, i dont want to go WR first round, especially for him who basically is a speed threat (like Ginn, but more polished)... if we snagged him in the 3rd i wouldnt mind, but there are also other solid WR's around throughout the draft. i jsut dont want to go first round for a WR, one that can basically be hit or miss due tohim mostly being a speed threat.

I don't want the Dolphins to draft a WR with the first pick but I wouldn't be that upset if they selected Darrius Heyward-Bey. The guy is a great WR. I don't know why so many people are hating on him, seems like a lot of you haven't seen him play much. The guy can catch everything, I can't recall him dropping a pass.

Blackocrates
01-22-2009, 02:23 PM
i am not hating on him... i think with our needs, i dont want to go WR first round, especially for him who basically is a speed threat (like Ginn, but more polished)... if we snagged him in the 3rd i wouldnt mind, but there are also other solid WR's around throughout the draft. i jsut dont want to go first round for a WR, one that can basically be hit or miss due tohim mostly being a speed threat.

I wasn't talking about you, you didn't have to repeat yourself. I agree with you.

PhinsTD
01-22-2009, 02:30 PM
No Williams Moore in the first round . . . he is free falling from a bad senior year and a bad week so far in senior bowl practices. We maybe could grab him in round 2 . . . seriously . . . he is going to need a good game and a good combine.

I've seen almost every game of Moore's, and he will be a bust. He can't cover...

I am Bane
01-22-2009, 02:39 PM
sorry, i didn't mean it that way myself.... i jsut talk a lot

I wasn't talking about you, you didn't have to repeat yourself. I agree with you.

ROADRUNNER
01-22-2009, 02:46 PM
i would be shocked if the front office went wr within the first 3 picks,
round 3/4 looks good for a wr.

I am Bane
01-22-2009, 02:49 PM
cheers!!!

i would be shocked if the front office went wr within the first 3 picks,
round 3/4 looks good for a wr.

I am Bane
01-22-2009, 02:52 PM
I was just watching ESPN... Mel Kiper was hiping up all the "play-makers galore" in this group.... which makes me think he doesn't really think of solid players that miami might need to fill in and get for FOOTBALL... but instead an explosive possible play maker to get miami maybe quick and easy points??? i not sure.... jsut a thought

skipp2myloo13
01-22-2009, 06:06 PM
i will be going on absolutley no limb here by saying WE WILL NOT DRAFT A RECEiVER ION THE FIRST DAY IF THE 2009 NFL DRAFT!

TimeGap
01-22-2009, 06:08 PM
Give me that free saftey from Alabama, and i'll be all smiles.

PhinsTD
01-22-2009, 07:02 PM
Give me that free saftey from Alabama, and i'll be all smiles.

Rashad Johnson...he or Louis Delmas would look good in a Phins uni. Parcells is just so known for taking hybrid LB's high, and big guys mainly in the first.

Valandui
01-22-2009, 07:07 PM
I know I have said this before, but we don't need Heyward Bey. We already have an underdeveloped 6'3" 205 lbs WR who runs a 4.18 named Todd Lowber.

Mazinator1027
01-22-2009, 07:44 PM
Horrible pick i would pick larinitous (however you spell it) if he was still there

WelcomeBack
01-22-2009, 07:48 PM
If we draft a wide receiver in the first round, I want it to be Hakeem Nicks.

aesop
01-22-2009, 07:48 PM
I'd put $100 on not a single one of those being correct.

X-Pacolypse
01-22-2009, 08:41 PM
OMG :sidelol: He really doesn't care

I'm sure he doesn't. However, I think it's fairly obvious that Kiper's knowledge of the Dolphins primary needs are lacking.

zach8111
01-22-2009, 09:53 PM
i'd take oher OT laurenauitis and Mack over bey...all of which are drafted after us

X-Pacolypse
01-22-2009, 09:58 PM
i'd take oher OT laurenauitis and Mack over bey...all of which are drafted after us

Actually, I would take Heyward-Bey over Laurinaitis. I really DO NOT want Little Animal. He has Andy Katzenmoyer written all over him.

next-year
01-22-2009, 11:06 PM
forget thats, give me kenny britt in the second. way better in my opinion

rev kev
01-22-2009, 11:20 PM
I'm sure he doesn't. However, I think it's fairly obvious that Kiper's knowledge of the Dolphins primary needs are lacking.

Exactly he doesn't really care... he only cares about the teams drafting top 6-7 and that's not to hard to figure out so he can look like a genius if he nails 6 picks whether they are in order or not...

I am Bane
01-23-2009, 01:11 AM
Kiper Is Stupid :)

General Tso
01-23-2009, 01:12 AM
Mel is a great draft mind . . . I like the Bey pick . . . IFFFFF . . . Parcells/Ireland makes the pick. That tells me a lot about what they think of the kid and what he can become. He has the potential to be the physical beast we need at WR.

That being said, I rather DJ Moore or Clint Sintim at that spot. Even William Moore, tho his stock is dropping and he is having a poor Senior Bowl practice session.

Now when Bey puts up his 4.29 40 @ 6'3 . . . this pick will be moot as he will go before us anyways . . . don't think Mel hasn't projected the combine with this also . . . lol why do u think he has Maclin at #7. Teams are going to jump for these guys. Tons of talent at WR this year.

I hope Bey goes before #25, because it's a reach and another better player will slide down to us.

Why does Mel have Maclin going #7? It's more than just speed with him. Unlike Bey, Maclin put up outstanding numbers this year and last. Bey, on the other hand, had one 101 yard game this year.

Heck, if we're going WR at #25 (we're almost certainly not), I'd rather have Nicks or Britt... guys that produced instead of guys that put up mediocre numbers but run really fast in the 40. From all of the comments Ireland's made over the past year, I think he'd agree.

General Tso
01-23-2009, 01:16 AM

We don't have to get Jerry Rice, but a WR that actually dominated more than a game or two in his last year in college would be nice. Taking a WR based solely on height and track speed is not something good teams do with their first day picks.

tay0365
01-23-2009, 05:03 PM

What do you guys think?

Is he kidding, James Laurinaitis reaches #25, and Miami does not take him? What is he on? :unsure:

ZachThomas76
01-23-2009, 05:36 PM

Great draft mind? I guess you didnt see him almost crying on TV 2 years ago when not a SINGLE pick of his in the TOP 10 was correct. Not a single one. Think about that.

ZachThomas76
01-23-2009, 05:37 PM
Is he kidding, James Laurinaitis reaches #25, and Miami does not take him? What is he on? :unsure:

hes on the " James Laurinitis is over rated train" . same train im on.

ZachThomas76
01-23-2009, 05:37 PM
We don't have to get Jerry Rice, but a WR that actually dominated more than a game or two in his last year in college would be nice. Taking a WR based solely on height and track speed is not something good teams do with their first day picks.

its something Al Davis does. enough said.

2413fanphins
01-23-2009, 06:56 PM
I'm going to be generous and say 25% of those picks COULD be accurate.

some of them are head scratchers and some don't even begin to address a particular teams needs.

when does mcshays mock come out?

uga3406
01-23-2009, 08:21 PM
wow please not him...the only wr that the phins need to draft is kenny britt in the 2nd rd

kselz311
01-24-2009, 09:13 AM
he has no idea what hes talking about...we are not drafting a wr in the first round again..especially with parcells...we are going to draft defense with our first pick. kiper is an idiot like most of espn anyalists.

jim1
01-24-2009, 09:27 AM
Great draft mind? I guess you didnt see him almost crying on TV 2 years ago when not a SINGLE pick of his in the TOP 10 was correct. Not a single one. Think about that.

That's a bogus comment. If one pick goes askew from his forecast the rest can fall like dominoes- and that's up to the teams, good choice or bad. The question is how accurrate were his rankings, not if he got the picks exactly right.

aquaman54
01-24-2009, 10:05 AM
he has no idea what hes talking about...we are not drafting a wr in the first round again..especially with parcells...we are going to draft defense with our first pick. kiper is an idiot like most of espn anyalists.
Couldn't have said it any better.......:hi5:

2413fanphins
01-24-2009, 10:24 AM
the only way we get a WR in the first round is if we trade our pick to the texans for andre johnson.

somebody punch this dude in the face.

Chainsaw
01-24-2009, 11:18 AM
Actually, I would take Heyward-Bey over Laurinaitis. I really DO NOT want Little Animal. He has Andy Katzenmoyer written all over him.

I agree. I see bust written on Laurinitis. I could be wrong and would want to be if the trifecta drafts him.

I like Bey's upside potential. But, we really don't need a project WR unless they really are going to keep Penny in as the starting QB, in which case, WR is no big deal for this season. So, we could let him develop and come out in 2010 with Ginn and Henne and be a serious passing team.

I see Miami going defense in the first round anyway.

emeraldfin
01-24-2009, 11:26 AM
Has Bill Parcells ever drafted a WR in the 1st round?

Ross
01-24-2009, 02:09 PM
Heard kiper on the radio this morning. He said Miami is desperate for a play maker at that position. Kiper considers that our most pressing need.

I don't agree. I think our most pressing need is the Oline. But is a decent olineman going to be there at #25? I don't know. Maybe that is why he went WR...

I am Bane
01-24-2009, 02:27 PM
he's saying that not realising what football is fully about. he's saying we need a "play-maker" and it'll help us for quick easy points basically.... thats not how football works. doing stuff like that fails in the longs run, and Kiper isn't the brightest of football minds, he jsut creates mock drafts that tend to be quite wrong quite often.

he's been saying there's "play-makers galore" i nthis class, and i think is just riding that term he used for many of the teams in the first round... what big play-makers could they get. he's not fully thinking of team needs

Heard kiper on the radio this morning. He said Miami is desperate for a play maker at that position. Kiper considers that our most pressing need.

I don't agree. I think our most pressing need is the Oline. But is a decent olineman going to be there at #25? I don't know. Maybe that is why he went WR...

NRA
01-24-2009, 02:54 PM
ay least he is another guy who realizez what we REALLY need.

if NCKS is there and the finz go wr, they would choose him over bey.

niks is my guy. one of my favs in this draft!!

Ross
01-24-2009, 03:07 PM
Hey, I'm saying we could use a play maker at the position, but you think that position needs more improvment over the oline?

Perfect23
01-24-2009, 03:31 PM
I hope he is wrong.

tay0365
01-24-2009, 03:37 PM
hes on the " James Laurinitis is over rated train" . same train im on.

Doesn't make him right though. ;)

Besides, he thinks James Laurinaitis is overrated, but still likes Darrius Heyward-Bey, does that not seem a bit crazy to you?

Perfect23
01-24-2009, 03:44 PM

Besides, he thinks James Laurinaitis is overrated, but still likes Darrius Heyward-Bey, does that not seem a bit crazy to you?

:lol: I would take Laurinatis over Heywar-Bey anyday.

I am Bane
01-24-2009, 08:39 PM
i like nicks too, but you'll take him first round over a C/G, ILB, S, OLB, NT.... where we really really need help at first???

ay least he is another guy who realizez what we REALLY need.

if NCKS is there and the finz go wr, they would choose him over bey.

niks is my guy. one of my favs in this draft!!

finfan54
01-24-2009, 11:39 PM

Don't mean to start something here, but wasn't jerry rice also raw and a track star type? Just wondering here. Personally, I would rather get Barden in the 3rd. I'll wait til his combine numbers on the speed but I think this kid is the real steal.

ZachThomas76
01-25-2009, 05:01 PM
That's a bogus comment. If one pick goes askew from his forecast the rest can fall like dominoes- and that's up to the teams, good choice or bad. The question is how accurrate were his rankings, not if he got the picks exactly right.VV

anyone can rank players. the whole point of a mock is to predict where players will go based on team needs, trends etc. thats why these guys are on TV. rankings will always be subjective. and its not bogus, just go back and look at the tape. Mel Kiper was ready to cry on TV because he looked like a complete fool. if you cant even accurately predict or know who a team picking 2nd overall is taking, what good are you? im supposed to assume he has contacts within the NFL, is making more than just guesses. the guy is a clown, hes old news. if people still want to listen to what that freak says, thats their business.

ZachThomas76
01-25-2009, 05:04 PM

it just further reinforces to me Mel Kiper is a clown. does anyone honestly think the Phins would have 2 1st round picks at wr, when neither one of those wr's is polished and needs plenty of work and development time. Mel Kiper is in company with Peter King for me. totally irrelevant at this point in time.

Pinkboy
01-26-2009, 12:05 AM
Don't mean to start something here, but wasn't jerry rice also raw and a track star type? Just wondering here. Personally, I would rather get Barden in the 3rd. I'll wait til his combine numbers on the speed but I think this kid is the real steal.

No he wasn't. You couldn't be more wrong. Jerry Rice ran slow 40 times. He was consistently running in the 4.7 range..

Maybe you are thinking of ex-49'er receiver Renaldo Nehemiah, who was an olympic track star and busted in the NFL.

Rice was just a damn good "football player" despite his lack of elite track speed. So your point is moot.

justdev7
01-26-2009, 02:59 PM
I would take Hakim Nicks way before hayward-bay, and Nicks won't go until the second Round. This would be a huge reach

SamIam
01-26-2009, 03:56 PM
I would take Hakim Nicks way before hayward-bay, and Nicks won't go until the second Round. This would be a huge reach

I agree.. I think hakeem the dream is the second best WR in this draft ... would love to have him with our 2a :d-day:

3rdand2
01-26-2009, 06:00 PM
No way in heck tuna goes WR in 1st

Buff
01-29-2009, 04:33 AM
I'd like to ask just how correct Kiper was on last years draft? Not correct at all. The bloke has NFI