PDA

View Full Version : Car Audio Help

Nappy Roots
01-23-2009, 01:27 PM
Alright, I recently got a new deck for my car, and its pumping way to much power into my crappy stock speakers. So when i turn it up loud, its distorted and sounds terrible. So i need new speakers, i need four 6x9 speakers and I dont know to much about car audio so....What should i get?

I dont want ALL Vocals either.

benelli1979
01-23-2009, 04:50 PM
http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=11402

I've always had good luck with anything from JL Audio. Might wanna check that link out.

Hope this helps!

mullet
01-23-2009, 05:46 PM
What sort of vehicle? Front or rear speakers?

CaliSDFin
01-23-2009, 10:56 PM
pick you up some good 6x9's and some tweeters...that should make the sound a lot better..

Pioneer makes good Highs

Dolphan7
01-23-2009, 11:08 PM
I would run your deck to a pair, or a quad of 6x9's if they will fit in the stock speaker locations. You may have to go with a smaller 4x6 or something like that, then run a separate amp to power a sub for your lows into a subwoofer box in the trunk or back hatch area.

You'll be pimping then.

mullet
01-24-2009, 01:46 AM
IMO, make yourself some adapters and go with a set of 6 1/2" components instead of 6x9's. The reason I asked if they were the front or rear is because it can make a world of difference in what could/should be used. If rear speakers, go with a decent set of 6x9's, if front, go with the adapters and use the components.

I've been doing this stuff (not professionally the whole time but it was how I paid my bills for a while) for about 17 years. I've done plenty of installs using both.

Nappy Roots
01-24-2009, 11:19 AM
IMO, make yourself some adapters and go with a set of 6 1/2" components instead of 6x9's. The reason I asked if they were the front or rear is because it can make a world of difference in what could/should be used. If rear speakers, go with a decent set of 6x9's, if front, go with the adapters and use the components.

I've been doing this stuff (not professionally the whole time but it was how I paid my bills for a while) for about 17 years. I've done plenty of installs using both.

i need front and rears. thats why i need 4 of them.

i actually got 2 pair of these 6x9 inifinity (http://www.crutchfieldcanada.com/Infinity_Kappa_692_9i_6_x_9_2_way_Car_Speakers_p/1086929i.htm). for a pretty good price.