PDA

View Full Version : Draft King mock 1/24/09

jim1
01-25-2009, 08:35 AM
25. Miami Dolphins - Percy Harvin, WR, Florida ~
The Dolphins could use a solid OLB, but instead of stretching to take one here the Dolphins could land an amazing talent in Harvin. Harvin has great speed, to be sure, but what makes him really stand out is his uncanny knack for not only running great routes but also in getting open. While I could see the Dolphins trading down here in Bill Parcells expert draft style, if Miami has the chance to draft Harvin here that could be a great move for a team that already has an emerging star with Ted Ginn, Jr.

http://www.draftking.com/nfl/2009/mockdraft.shtml

MrEd
01-25-2009, 08:43 AM
No way, Jose. If MIA was going to use the #25 pick on a WR, it would be in a trade for an established star: Anquan Boldin.

Boldin, a perfect compliment opposite Ginn makes more sense than a rookie Ginn Twin, who plays the same spot that Ginn does...

wildvillage519
01-25-2009, 10:43 AM
I don't like the pick because University of Florida wideouts never seem to pann out in the NFL (Chad Jackson, Riedel Anthony, Taylor Jacobs, etc...).

phinfan33
01-25-2009, 11:01 AM
i think if we do get a WR in this draft,it'll be somewhere in the 4th to 7th rds,or possibly an UDFA like we did with Davone Bess...though i wouldn't mind getting Ramses Barden somewhere in there...

emeraldfin
01-25-2009, 11:05 AM
What a waste of pick that would be.

jim1
01-25-2009, 11:08 AM
What a waste of pick that would be.

Well, considering that our WR unit is short on talent and Harvin is a phenomenal talent, I disagree with you. 5-11, 200 lbs, 4.25-4.30 40, benches 405, and is one of the quickest players that I've ever seen. The Dolphins would be lucky if he's available at #25.

2413fanphins
01-25-2009, 11:38 AM
i think if we do get a WR in this draft,it'll be somewhere in the 4th to 7th rds,or possibly an UDFA like we did with Davone Bess...though i wouldn't mind getting Ramses Barden somewhere in there...

barring an amazing showing at the combine barden should fall right into our laps around the 5th round. what pick did we give the cowboys, wasn't it like a 4th or 6th, I think in the either the fasano or fergie trade???

I'm leaning more towards eric wood at 25 right now. I don't know if thats too high, but he's a second round talent at worst, and I don't know where our 2a is at.

iglesias is a WR I wouldn't mind nabbing. He looked pretty good last night.

skipp2myloo13
01-25-2009, 12:43 PM
i will bet anyone money, that we wont draft any receiver with the first pick. if anyone is stupid enough to take my bet send me a message, i wont mind stealing any of your money
haha

#1dolphinsfan
01-25-2009, 01:12 PM
i just read that the Cards are going to listen to offers about Boldin this offseason so i would rather give them our first for Boldin rather then get Harvin

2413fanphins
01-25-2009, 01:15 PM
I don't want to see a WR before our 2b pick, at the earliest.

boldin good.

damn, I wish andre johnson was a FA.

Valandui
01-25-2009, 01:36 PM
If we picked up Barden and D.J. Boldin I would be thrilled.

Chainsaw
01-25-2009, 01:36 PM
I would think that Miami would go defense or interior lineman with the first pick. But, if the OL and/or the LB they covet will be there with the 2a pick, I wouldn't mind seeing them get Harvin.

Harvin is NOT a Ted Ginn clone. He is almost as fast but, quicker like Bess. He reminds me of Steve Smith on roids. Imagine a WR actually more powerful than Steve Smith? That is insane.

He is a good route runner already too. I think he would quickly surpass Ginn as the number one on this team.

And having two guys with sub 4.3 speed will do awesome things for our running game, passing game and overall offense.

Harvin is right there with Macklin as the two best big play WRs in the draft. No harm in getting that as I do agree that the second WR is the biggest weakness on this team.

cyesae
01-25-2009, 01:42 PM
draft king my ***! haha

I am Bane
01-25-2009, 01:47 PM
Percy Harvin now... wow, that could be the biggest bust.... save him for Detroit!!!

CedarPhin
01-25-2009, 01:53 PM
I can't see us taking him. I'd rather get a C or LB or even FS with that pick.

jim1
01-25-2009, 02:19 PM
I can't see us taking him. I'd rather get a C or LB or even FS with that pick.

I'd like to see Harvin, Nicks, Mack or Under. And if Carey leaves then we'd have to look at T and maybe Ebben Britton. I actually feel better about the C position for the first time in a while because of the Satele torn labrum news. At least now I can make sense of his getting pushed around all year and hope that next year he plays far better. Antoinne Caldwell could be tempting in the 3rd round, maybe late second.

mroz
01-25-2009, 02:23 PM
I'd like to see Harvin, Nicks, Mack or Under. And if Carey leaves then we'd have to look at T and maybe Ebben Britton. I actually feel better about the C position for the first time in a while because of the Satele torn labrum news. At least now I can make sense of his getting pushed around all year and hope that next year he plays far better. Antoinne Caldwell could be tempting in the 3rd round, maybe late second.

what? is there a link to this or is it just a rumor?

thx

I am Bane
01-25-2009, 02:28 PM
Antoine Caldwell is VERY tempting to me!!!

Digital
01-25-2009, 02:55 PM
The author of that mock obviously doesn't know much about the Dolphins. That's one of the problems with these mocks ... most authors only really understand 2/3 or less of the teams real needs and philosophies. They just plug in anyone with local connections or who didn't fit elsewhere for the rest of their picks. No chance we take Harvin in round 1.

emeraldfin
01-25-2009, 02:55 PM
Well, considering that our WR unit is short on talent and Harvin is a phenomenal talent, I disagree with you. 5-11, 200 lbs, 4.25-4.30 40, benches 405, and is one of the quickest players that I've ever seen. The Dolphins would be lucky if he's available at #25.

Not 1st round pick short.

The WR's we have now are better than what we had going into last seasons draft and the FO did'nt pick a single receiver in that draft. Im not saying Harvin is'nt worthy of 1st round selection, its just the Fins have greater needs than at WR. Would be very foolish to pass on a Centre, OLB, ILB, G and NT in favour of a WR

X-Pacolypse
01-25-2009, 03:15 PM
Harvin? I don't think so. The guy is tissue soft.

Chainsaw
01-25-2009, 03:17 PM
Not 1st round pick short.

The WR's we have now are better than what we had going into last seasons draft and the FO did'nt pick a single receiver in that draft. Im not saying Harvin is'nt worthy of 1st round selection, its just the Fins have greater needs than at WR. Would be very foolish to pass on a Centre, OLB, ILB, G and NT in favour of a WR

On that same note though, this team is also stronger in the OL and LB corps than it was going into last season's draft.

We used 3 picks on OL and 3 on DL last year. WE didn't address WR at all.

So, there is merit to the idea of us drafting a WR in the first round. We really ARE short in that area. I mean, Cammy and Bess are servicable. But, both are ONLY good at short routes and at 4.7 40s aren't fast enough to even be a threat to get over the top.

We definitely NEED a guy opposite Ginn that at least is a threat to do that. If he can be a great route runner AND have speed like Harvin, all the better.

But, I agree. I don't see BP going WR in the first. But, stranger things have happened before. There were people that were sure he would draft Ryan instead of Long too.

CedarPhin
01-25-2009, 03:23 PM

Mack's the guy I'd like at Center if we're going to draft one in the first.

CedarPhin
01-25-2009, 03:23 PM
what? is there a link to this or is it just a rumor?

thx

It's on the main forum.

2413fanphins
01-25-2009, 03:56 PM
Harvin? I don't think so. The guy is tissue soft.

puffs plus I believe.

X-Pacolypse
01-25-2009, 04:08 PM
puffs plus I believe.

With Aloe or without?

2413fanphins
01-25-2009, 04:10 PM
with of course... can't pass up the chance at the moisturizing benefits of aloe...