PDA

View Full Version : My New Mock

3rdandinches
01-25-2009, 01:25 PM
1. L.Delmas FS (WM) 5'11 196 - Was awesome at the Senior Bowl and is climbing up the draft boards.

2. R.Brace NT (BC) 6'3 330 - Made another strong move up the draft boards showing that he's no second fiddle to BJ. Raji, showing he maybe the best NT in the draft.

2. E.Wood C (LOU) - 6'4 310 - Since A.Mack will be gone when we select in the 2nd Wood looked every bit the stud center getting great push in the Senior Bowl. He's another nasty player that smacks you in the mouth.

3. M.Parson CB (OHIO) 5'10 192 - One of the better press coverage players in the draft with great speed and 18 reps of 225 no WR will push him around.

4. J.Brinkley ILB (SC) 6'2 270 - Big thumper in the middle, just the way BP likes them. Teamed up behind Brace to punish runners between the tackles.

5. A.Appleby ILB (VIR) 6'4 250 - See 4.

7. A.Dixon NT (MIA) 6'3 330 - Having depth at one of the most important positions in the 3/4 is always a good thing. Once a 3rd round projected pick before his knee injury.

7. M.Jones WR (AS) 6'4 200 - Has been a prospect who has steadily improved every year.

7. W.Osaisai CB (STAN) 5'11 4.39 40 - Is a track star that could develope over time to replace our aging CB's.

Now take in consideration that I'm looking to re-sign all our FA except C.Crowder. Hill would be signed for backup duty while Delmas steps in.

In FA I'm looking to sign J.Peppers as our OLB opposite of Porter. We also sign Dwan Edwards DE (BALT) as a backup and we let V.Holliday go.

2413fanphins
01-25-2009, 04:14 PM
I like it, I am high as a kite on wood. AM I wrong to think he will be gone by out 2b?

I was willing to grab him at 25 just to prevent losing him all together.

also leaning towards brace being just as good if not better than bj raji.

one thing I love about your mock, is it's realistic enough to believe.

skipp2myloo13
01-25-2009, 08:00 PM
i dont mind that at all. woods is the only one i worry about, because i think he is a better talent than a 2b, but hopefully he is there. delmas will be a steal IMO. Brace is a necessity. the 3 will be clearer after FA, but i wouldnt mind another olb or ilb or the cb pick isnt bad either. all in all GREAT draft.

Audible
01-26-2009, 10:53 PM
Like it a lot

Roman529
01-27-2009, 04:15 AM
I like it, I am high as a kite on wood. AM I wrong to think he will be gone by out 2b?

I was willing to grab him at 25 just to prevent losing him all together.

also leaning towards brace being just as good if not better than bj raji.

one thing I love about your mock, is it's realistic enough to believe.

If we are looking at a Center at 2B, I think that Jonathan Luigs of Arkansas would be a nice pickup. He opened up huge holes for Darren McFadden and was the Remington Winner for best Center in 2007:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxDq-1nXWSg

JT-forpresident
01-27-2009, 05:03 AM
i like it, i'm a firm satele believer though so i'll pass on 2B ... if jasper brinkley is available in the 4th round and we pick him i'll be darn happy... chances are he'll be a middle 3rd rounder IMO, but there are some concerns for him, mostly versatility, athleticism and injury issues, so he could be there in the 4th...

3rdandinches
01-27-2009, 09:58 AM
i like it, i'm a firm satele believer though so i'll pass on 2B ... if jasper brinkley is available in the 4th round and we pick him i'll be darn happy... chances are he'll be a middle 3rd rounder IMO, but there are some concerns for him, mostly versatility, athleticism and injury issues, so he could be there in the 4th...

If the FO really thinks his injury played a major role in his play slipping then we probably won't go Center but Unger then comes into play because of his versatility to play all positions on the line but then he may not be available at 2b.

phinfan33
01-27-2009, 10:19 AM
i'm ok with that mock,and if that draft happened for us,i'd be happy...2 potential stud ILB for us,a potential stud FS,potential stud Center,IMO,a for sure stud NT in Brace...i'd change 2 of those later picks to OLB&Guard though...all&all,i'd be very happy with that draft...

emeraldfin
01-27-2009, 10:25 AM
Really like that mock, good job

One question though whats your reasoning behind selecting an ILB in both the 4th and 5th

rev kev
01-27-2009, 11:12 AM
1. L.Delmas FS (WM) 5'11 196 - Was awesome at the Senior Bowl and is climbing up the draft boards.

2. R.Brace NT (BC) 6'3 330 - Made another strong move up the draft boards showing that he's no second fiddle to BJ. Raji, showing he maybe the best NT in the draft.

2. E.Wood C (LOU) - 6'4 310 - Since A.Mack will be gone when we select in the 2nd Wood looked every bit the stud center getting great push in the Senior Bowl. He's another nasty player that smacks you in the mouth.

3. M.Parson CB (OHIO) 5'10 192 - One of the better press coverage players in the draft with great speed and 18 reps of 225 no WR will push him around.

4. J.Brinkley ILB (SC) 6'2 270 - Big thumper in the middle, just the way BP likes them. Teamed up behind Brace to punish runners between the tackles.

7. A.Dixon NT (MIA) 6'3 330 - Having depth at one of the most important positions in the 3/4 is always a good thing. Once a 3rd round projected pick before his knee injury.

7. M.Jones WR (AS) 6'4 200 - Has been a prospect who has steadily improved every year.

7. W.Osaisai CB (STAN) 5'11 4.39 40 - Is a track star that could develope over time to replace our aging CB's.

Now take in consideration that I'm looking to re-sign all our FA except C.Crowder. Hill would be signed for backup duty while Delmas steps in.

In FA I'm looking to sign J.Peppers as our OLB opposite of Porter. We also sign Dwan Edwards DE (BALT) as a backup and we let V.Holliday go.

I like 1 and 2a not sure Wood doesn't fall to the third for us...

X-Pacolypse
01-27-2009, 02:34 PM
Nice job, I like it.

3rdandinches
01-27-2009, 03:03 PM
Really like that mock, good job

One question though whats your reasoning behind selecting an ILB in both the 4th and 5th

At the bottom I wrote that I'm assuming Crowder basically wants too much money and won't be re-signed. Even if we get a veteran ILB we could develope which ever ILB needs more time learning the NFL game.

3rdandinches
01-27-2009, 03:06 PM
I like 1 and 2a not sure Wood doesn't fall to the third for us...

Wood to our 2b isn't out of whack nut I also posted later if Satele is the guy still because of that injury giving him a reprieve then we may not even go Center. That all depends on what the FO thinks of Satele's injury and how much it affected his play down the stretch.

Blackocrates
01-27-2009, 03:08 PM
This is the best mock I have seen. My only fear is that a lot of the players wouldn't be there when Miami picks. I guess I worry about it because these are all great players and great value at their picks.

CedarPhin
01-27-2009, 03:41 PM
Not a bad start.

mroz
01-27-2009, 04:12 PM

I like the players you've listed BUT I don't care for the fact that you totally ignored the OL. IMO, the interior OL was the biggest problem area on the team (LB a close 2nd). I know a lot of ppl have Thomas and Smiley penciled in but they are both huge question marks. Not to talk about the fact that we have zero depth at OT.

BillParFan
01-27-2009, 05:25 PM
This is the best mock I have seen. My only fear is that a lot of the players wouldn't be there when Miami picks. I guess I worry about it because these are all great players and great value at their picks.

Which is what I love about watching the draft unfold.

All those expectations go out the window on draft day as teams scurry to trade picks up/down to enable them to get their guy.

skipp2myloo13
01-27-2009, 06:08 PM
one of the better drafts i have seen so far, congrats!

FINFAN_4_EVER
01-27-2009, 08:57 PM

Nice mock dude
The only thing is, I'm not too hot on grabbing Peppers and converting him to OLB. Would he be better off in a 4-3 D? not sure. I dont know if it's worth the risk.

Other than that solid picks:up:

3rdandinches
01-27-2009, 10:10 PM
Nice mock dude
The only thing is, I'm not too hot on grabbing Peppers and converting him to OLB. Would he be better off in a 4-3 D? not sure. I dont know if it's worth the risk.

Other than that solid picks:up:

He has stated (take it for what it's worth) he wants to play in a 3/4 and play the OLB position. The man has a motor that doesn't quit, he's a freak of nature for an athlete. I would add that type of player anytime, now I have no problem with adding Suggs as an alternative. I just think Peppers will be available with Carolina's cap situation (which is horrible) and needing to still sign Gross.

ADavieDolphin
01-27-2009, 11:59 PM
it's a great mock..
although i think delmas is a reach at 25, and sean smith would be a better fit in our system and would give us much needed height in the secondary. brace is worth the 2a pick, hopefully no one reaches for him before that..
sean smith could play FS or CB, and we could land another FS in a later round...
i like the idea of 2 ILB's, brinkley and appleby would be great additions, but we need a G and Tackle depth too...
Osaisai will be gone in the 4th or 5th round
Good draft though

2413fanphins
01-28-2009, 06:06 PM
eric wood could play guard. he did it just fine in the senior bowl.

let him and satele duke it out... in a perfect world you may even be able to move satele to guard.

I like wood. we could find a spot for him without question.