PDA

View Full Version : Bane's January Mock

I am Bane
01-25-2009, 03:39 PM
If Bane's world was perfect, and this would actually lay out... and i know its January:

1) Louis Delmas
2a) Jeria Perry (Ron Brace)
2b) Antoine Caldwell
3) Ramses Barden
4) Jason Phillips
5) Kraig Urbik
7a) Brian Robiskie
7b) Zach Follett
7c) Antonio Appleby

firemanx
01-25-2009, 03:47 PM
I think Delmas falls into the second unless he puts up major #'s at the combine. I dont think Robiskie makes it to the 6th round where we dont have a pick as we traded it for Ferguson.

I am Bane
01-25-2009, 04:05 PM
i didnt mean sixth round sorry.... dont we have 3 7ths???

and yeah... i dont see some falling that low... i was jsut throwing stuff out there.. .and if Delmas we can get 2a... then i wouldnt mind lauriaitis in the first maybe. worth a shot on him if he there

I think Delmas falls into the second unless he puts up major #'s at the combine. I dont think Robiskie makes it to the 6th round where we dont have a pick as we traded it for Ferguson.

2413fanphins
01-25-2009, 04:08 PM
If Bane's world was perfect, and this would actually lay out... and i know its January:

1) Louis Delmas
2b) Antoine Caldwell
3) Ramses Barden
4) Jason Phillips
5) Kraig Urbik
6) Brian Robiskie
7a) Zach Follett
7b) Antonio Appleby

I like the brace pick at 2a, and if caldwell is there with the 2b, I wouldn't have to change the first pick to wood from louisville.

although, urbik could probably do an admirable job as well at RG.
I agree we would have to grab robiskie in the fifth, but I would prefer iglesias. than maybe even patrick turner. USC blood has me nervous though.

I'm really leaning towards chung with the 2a though. see how the combine goes.

barden has something about him. haven't seen much of him, but he looks like he could turn into something. I definately want that BIG target WR though.

good job overall

SR 7
01-25-2009, 04:09 PM
the guy i want the most along with delmas is CB francis or Lankster. both are very very solid and Francis reminds me of DR Cromartie in the sense of height size and ball skills but hes a lot more physical and veyr good at jamming the WR somethign we do NOT have on our roster.

I am Bane
01-25-2009, 04:15 PM
if we dont get Delmas Chung would be my most likely #2... but maybe even lower 2-3... i agree with you there!!

i love Caldwell, as well as Wood, but would rather go o-line not first round and wait late 2-3.

i agree with Barden, one thing on Iglesias that scares me though is his character and his head... makes me think twice, but i agree he has shown flashes and a lot of talent!!!

I like the brace pick at 2a, and if caldwell is there with the 2b, I wouldn't have to change the first pick to wood from louisville.

although, urbik could probably do an admirable job as well at RG.
I agree we would have to grab robiskie in the fifth, but I would prefer iglesias. than maybe even patrick turner. USC blood has me nervous though.

I'm really leaning towards chung with the 2a though. see how the combine goes.

barden has something about him. haven't seen much of him, but he looks like he could turn into something. I definately want that BIG target WR though.

good job overall

X-Pacolypse
01-25-2009, 04:33 PM
I like the Delmas pick.

firemanx
01-25-2009, 06:29 PM
Is Barden that much better then a prospect like Dominique Edison, Marko Mitchell, Pat Turner, or Jaison Smith?

I am Bane
01-25-2009, 06:47 PM
in my mind, as well as thinking what type of WR i would like to fit miami's needs... yes he is!!! Pat Turner would probably be the #2 behind him out of the four that you listed.

Is Barden that much better then a prospect like Dominique Edison, Marko Mitchell, Pat Turner, or Jaison Smith?

firemanx
01-25-2009, 07:47 PM
in my mind, as well as thinking what type of WR i would like to fit miami's needs... yes he is!!! Pat Turner would probably be the #2 behind him out of the four that you listed.

I think Edison has big game potential. Watch his youtube highlight reel. Mad impressive. I would be happy with him or Barden anytime after the 3rd round.

Chainsaw
01-25-2009, 07:56 PM
I like Delmas and while he would be a value pick at 2a or 2b, he might not make it there. So, if the FO wants him, they might have to take him with that first pick. I also wouldn't mind getting Brace and Caldwell in the second round. Although I don't know if Caldwell will have the position flexibility to play guard and center like we need. I have heard nothing but good about him though. And if he can't play guard, I like Luigs slightly better. Barden in the third would be sweet too. It might be high. But, he might turn into a real steal even there.

I know Phillips can play. But, is he big enough to play inside in the 3-4?

After that, I see Ireland finding a diamond in the rough late in the draft for OL depth. They used 3 picks on OL last year. So, I don't know if they go with more than two this year. I guess it depends a ton on how Satele, Thomas and Smiley are doing on their recovery and what they have on their minds about Murphy and whether he was a mistake or not.

But, overall I see you did a lot of homework. And they all look like good players.

The tough part is trying to know what the FO is thinking. I was only right on Long last year. hahahaha

skipp2myloo13
01-25-2009, 07:57 PM
i wouldnt kill myself with that draft, but we do need more backers early.

LtDan
01-25-2009, 08:17 PM
No way Robiskie falls to the 7th round

I am Bane
01-25-2009, 08:35 PM
Caldwell does have the flexability to play guard... very quick feet and side-side movement.... i even heard he played guard in the senior bowl a bit too (not sure on that fully though)

i had Long and Langford last year :)

I like Delmas and while he would be a value pick at 2a or 2b, he might not make it there. So, if the FO wants him, they might have to take him with that first pick. I also wouldn't mind getting Brace and Caldwell in the second round. Although I don't know if Caldwell will have the position flexibility to play guard and center like we need. I have heard nothing but good about him though. And if he can't play guard, I like Luigs slightly better. Barden in the third would be sweet too. It might be high. But, he might turn into a real steal even there.

After that, I see Ireland finding a diamond in the rough late in the draft for OL depth. They used 3 picks on OL last year. So, I don't know if they go with more than two this year. I guess it depends a ton on how Satele, Thomas and Smiley are doing on their recovery and what they have on their minds about Murphy and whether he was a mistake or not.

But, overall I see you did a lot of homework. And they all look like good players.

The tough part is trying to know what the FO is thinking. I was only right on Long last year. hahahaha

I am Bane
01-25-2009, 08:37 PM
Jason Phillips is a very thick 6-1 235 LB... i love his aggressiveness and instinctiveness. very controlled too how he plays. doesn't miss tackles, plays the right angles and most importantly gets into the backfield to make plays. he is strong, and shed very quickly.

he may not be prototypical size we are looking for, but a very hard nosed work horse that plays the game right. i like him.... not sure if many are with me on this.

SnakeoilSeller
01-25-2009, 08:50 PM
I am really starting to like Delmas late in round 1. At first I thought that #25 is too high for him, not anymore. I do think though that if the FO started to target him in that range, depending who falls, it might give them an opportunity to trade down a few spots and get another pick. Picking up an additional 4th/ 5th rounder would be probably be very appealing and still be able to get your guy.

BTW Robiskie is way off the board before round 6.

Sunny Fish
01-25-2009, 08:55 PM

1) Louis Delmas
2b) Antoine Caldwell
3) Ramses Barden
4) Jason Phillips
5) Kraig Urbik
7a) Brian Robiskie
7b) Zach Follett
7c) Antonio Appleby

On your 2a pick, isn't his name Peria Jerry? Also..... I know he is a good player, but isn't he a three tecnique DT in a 4-3 defense? Just wondering how he might fit in with us? I was thinking more of Terrence Taylor from Michigan around round 4 for another NT.

I am Bane
01-25-2009, 09:05 PM
lol... yeah it is Peria Jerry, i guess i turned dyslexic

yeah he is a big questionmark to play in the 3-4 scheme.... but he is a big and very quick player that palys with great base and gives a great initial punch, in which he may be able to hold his own in time. this is also why i have Brace in ( ) cause its a ? on Jerry.... but i still like the kid a lot with what he could possibly do.

On your 2a pick, isn't his name Peria Jerry? Also..... I know he is a good player, but isn't he a three tecnique DT in a 4-3 defense? Just wondering how he might fit in with us? I was thinking more of Terrence Taylor from Michigan around round 4 for another NT.

I am Bane
01-25-2009, 09:07 PM
once again i said this is if my world was perfect... i know Robiskie is probably way gone by then... but i like the kid, and thats where he fit in my mind since I have Barden in the 3rd.

I am really starting to like Delmas late in round 1. At first I thought that #25 is too high for him, not anymore. I do think though that if the FO started to target him in that range, depending who falls, it might give them an opportunity to trade down a few spots and get another pick. Picking up an additional 4th/ 5th rounder would be probably be very appealing and still be able to get your guy.

BTW Robiskie is way off the board before round 6.

firemanx
01-25-2009, 09:15 PM
once again i said this is if my world was perfect... i know Robiskie is probably way gone by then... but i like the kid, and thats where he fit in my mind since I have Barden in the 3rd.

I cant see us drafting 2 WR in this draft. Maybe draft one, and sign some in the undrafted class. We would then have Ginn, Camrillo, Bess, London, robiskie, and Barden. Dont see us holding all those WRs.

I am Bane
01-25-2009, 09:22 PM
always practice squad.... also matters how Camarillo is coming off of that injury.

but i agree... i'd rather have Barden than Robiskie (who wont be in the 7th round anyways).

I cant see us drafting 2 WR in this draft. Maybe draft one, and sign some in the undrafted class. We would then have Ginn, Camrillo, Bess, London, robiskie, and Barden. Dont see us holding all those WRs.

ssnjamerson
01-25-2009, 09:43 PM
Delmas in the 1st round. Wow I think thats way too early for him. He is a 2nd rounder at best even with a great combine. Why not take Chip Vaughn, Otis Wiley, Mike Hamlin, Cook, Greene , Pegues in the late 2nd ,3rd or 4th rounds. Chip Vaughn should be ava in the 4th or later and he is a good S. his scouting report is terrible--He didnt face elite competition either. They say he cant close, Will miss tackles,Can not man up Pro Wideouts,Needs to be stronger and not so agressive,trouble in space, and Lacks speed and quickness.I would rather trade up and take William Moore. Or wait til next year and try to get Myron Rolle or Taylor Mays. Im not criticizing you I just think Delmas shouldnt be a 1st round pick or a early 2nd either. I think if we draft a secondary player with that pick it should be Dj Moore, Alphonso Smith, Vic Harris, Sean Smith. But the pick will prob be DE/LB . Follett I dont think will last that long. And I dont know if Jerry is big enough to be a good NT in the 3-4. But good draft otherwise

Digital
01-25-2009, 09:49 PM

1) Louis Delmas
2b) Antoine Caldwell
3) Ramses Barden
4) Jason Phillips
5) Kraig Urbik
7a) Brian Robiskie
7b) Zach Follett
7c) Antonio Appleby

Not a bad draft to be honest. I doubt we'll do that, but it's pretty solid. Delmas is good, but I'm not sure we'll spend a 1st rounder on a S at this point of our development. My guess would be OL, DL or LB. The NT seems like a position of need and decent value there, although I'm guessing there will be some good OL available there.

Barden, I don't really know what to make of him. He looks like a useful red zone/3rd down WR, but we are currently using 2 TE's for almost the same role, so his lack of speed might push him down to the 3rd. If available that sounds like good value.

I noticed that you have Urbik in round 5, and if he is available there we'd be stupid to let him slip by. Personally, I think he'll be drafted in the 3rd or 4th rounds, probably before our pick in the 4th. This kid is exactly the type Sparano is looking for, IMHO.

I'd definitely take a flier on either Follett or Appleby in round 7, but I doubt we pick both of them, and I doubt Follett will be available. Overall this sounds like a very reasonable draft. Well done Bane. :up:

I am Bane
01-26-2009, 04:36 PM
where do you think Urbik is most likly to go anyways... 3- late 4???

If Delmas is there and not many others are that are worthy at 25.... take Delmas.

3rdand2
01-26-2009, 05:58 PM
Robiskie could be a first rounder

rev kev
01-26-2009, 11:03 PM

1) Louis Delmas
2b) Antoine Caldwell
3) Ramses Barden
4) Jason Phillips
5) Kraig Urbik
7a) Brian Robiskie
7b) Zach Follett
7c) Antonio Appleby

I'm down with this

WelcomeBack
01-26-2009, 11:05 PM

1) Louis Delmas
2b) Antoine Caldwell
3) Ramses Barden
4) Jason Phillips
5) Kraig Urbik
7a) Brian Robiskie
7b) Zach Follett
7c) Antonio Appleby

I know it won't happen, but if you're dream was right lol, we walk away winners.

I am Bane
01-26-2009, 11:40 PM
:) it'd be fun too

yeah, if i throw another mock out closer to April... it definitely will be more realistic... .but basically this is where i would hope for the most part.

I know it won't happen, but if you're dream was right lol, we walk away winners.