PDA

View Full Version : Percy Harvin highlights

jim1
01-26-2009, 09:38 AM
He's the most explosive player in the draft, and will probably not be available at #25. In terms of possession/size WR's we have Brandon London, and Todd Lowber is being developed. This guy is a supreme talent, and when Ted Ginn weighs 200 lbs and benches 405, then I'll listen to comparisons:

http://www.draft.com/modules/wfchannel/index.php?pagenum=510

X-Pacolypse
01-26-2009, 02:46 PM
A supreme talent, that's also extremely SOFT.

DKphin
01-26-2009, 03:27 PM
A supreme talent, that's also extremely SOFT.
Soft is the incorrect description. Percy is anything, but soft. A better description is injury prone.

FINMAN13
01-26-2009, 10:22 PM
I would have no issue with taking him at 25...

We could use the pick to help other weaker positions. But the fact is that IF he falls to the 25th pick. Miami could have 2 young outstanding WR's for our strong armed future QB. They would have 2 major deep threats and 2 guys to get open underneath. Let's not forget London size around the goal...

There is not a lot of players left in most drafts at 25 that offer as much explosive game-breaking ability. He does have that and major injury concerns over the course of a full regular season and playoff run...But in the end you try to get the best talent for the future...not just one season. That is why Miami will at least entertain the idea of drafting yet another WR in the first round.

If he is picked...

1: Ginn
2: Bess
3: Harvin
4: Camarillo
5: London

They core of WR's could be a great tandem within a few years. The number 1 WR position would be a battle between Ginn & Harvin, with the loser going to the slot role. The number 2 WR position would be a battle between all 3 of the remaining players.

If the following players are on the board at 25 with Harvin...Then it gets hard to choose between them. It would depend on the rest of the draft depth at C, ILB, OLB, CB, FS positions. But make no mistake...players with his talent can make an impact even only playing in the slot...

"Unger, Mack, Cushing, Lauriniaitis,"...All including Havin could be gone...its just how the draft plays out with positional depth for round 2-4 projections. This type of pick late in round one, normally has a team reaching for depth b/c of a weaker position. But you can never rule out the front office wanting to make the offense more explosive. I would think that Harvin would be great in the wildcat. Harvin runs so smoothly north, south, east & west...Ginn is much stiffer looking with his lower half of the body.

It would be great to have both...But Harvin should offer more upside to the NFL...

eric1589
01-27-2009, 02:24 PM
IF we got harvin. i would say trade ricky williams for the best offer we could get for him.

harvin would be like adding another runnig back and reciever at the same time.

im not in favor of drafting him though. i think we have MUCH more demand in other positions first. ESPECIALLY with his injuries.

CANDolphan
01-27-2009, 11:31 PM
haha. No. Ted Ginn is not our #1. Camarillo is. How the hell did he end up #4 on your little depth chart?

Itd be more like Camarillo, Harvin, Bess, Ginn, London

skipp2myloo13
01-28-2009, 09:28 AM
FORGET HARVIN he is TRASH, and tissue soft.

jim1
01-28-2009, 09:38 AM
FORGET HARVIN he is TRASH, and tissue soft.

Your post is nonsense. 4.3 40 time, 405 bench press, one of the quickest guys playing football anywhere, and easily one of the top talents in the draft. Top 5 talent according to Bob Griese. When he moves to Wr full time his injurues should lessen. We would be lucky, very lucky, if he were there at #25.

hooshoops
01-28-2009, 09:45 AM
i love harvin but you're using him wrong if you make him into a full time wr. he's better suited for a reggie bush in your offense role.

jim1
01-28-2009, 10:12 AM
i love harvin but you're using him wrong if you make him into a full time wr. he's better suited for a reggie bush in your offense role.

That would work, and mirrors what Griese said. My point is that Harvin had almost 200 carries last season- fewer carries should equal fewer injuries.

phinfan33
01-28-2009, 10:53 AM
Harvin is definitely a very talented player,but he'd be a luxury pick for us that we can't afford to get right now...not when we have holes to fill&fix elsewhere...like every position right of Jake Long,our LBing corp,a stud NT&FS...look at our playoff loss to Baltimore...you guys saw how Ray Lewis&Co were able to just waltz right through the middle of our OL thanks to Haloti Ngata just tossing the interior of our OL around,that should tell y'all something...it really would not surprise me if our draft was trenches on both sides of the ball,our LBing corp addressed with a few picks there,and the best stud FS we can get our hands on...

X-Pacolypse
02-04-2009, 10:25 PM
Percy Harvin's longest highlight reel is all the film you see of him sitting on the training table getting treated for all the various injuries he got in college.

Oraclepz
02-05-2009, 04:33 AM
NO thanks INJURY WAITING TO HAPPEN... CHAD JACKSON PART DEUX