PDA

View Full Version : Merged: Who will Dolphins draft? A look at past 25th picks

4THand10
01-27-2009, 02:56 AM
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/football/pro/dolphins/sfl-25thpickph09,0,1738835.photogallery

Roman529
01-27-2009, 03:52 AM
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/football/pro/dolphins/sfl-25thpickph09,0,1738835.photogallery

I don't think that you can look at who was picked at #25 in the past and make any correlations between the past and who we will look at. For one thing, the Tuna has his own way of looking at the draft. I think Parcells decides to build a team from the O and D-Lines and then builds out. You have to set the foundation first. I think we brought in some nice players last year, but we still could use a bigger Center, and maybe move Satele to Right Guard or somewhere else. We could use help at LB, D-Backs, a bigger Wide Receiver, a Nose Tackle...with all of our needs I think we go with BPA.

4THand10
01-27-2009, 04:09 AM
I don't think that you can look at who was picked at #25 in the past and make any correlations between the past and who we will look at. For one thing, the Tuna has his own way of looking at the draft. I think Parcells decides to build a team from the O and D-Lines and then builds out. You have to set the foundation first. I think we brought in some nice players last year, but we still could use a bigger Center, and maybe move Satele to Right Guard or somewhere else. We could use help at LB, D-Backs, a bigger Wide Receiver, a Nose Tackle...with all of our needs I think we go with BPA.

I didn't write the article.I am just posting the story.Its for entertainment, looking back at who has been picked in the 25th spot over the years.

4THand10
01-27-2009, 04:12 AM
Miami has picked 3 times in the 25th spot.They hit on 2 of the 3.

They hit on OJ McDuffie and Louis Oliver and missed on Billy Milner.

RealDriscoll
01-28-2009, 04:01 PM
Let's take a look at the all the #25's from 2000 on...

2008-The Cowboys took Mike Jenkins-Cornerback-South Florida
2007-Panthers-Jon Beason-Linebacker-Miami Florida
2006-Steelers-Santonio Holmes-Wide Receiver-Ohio State
2005-Redskins-Jason Campbell-Quarterback-Auburn
2004-Packers-Ahmad Carroll-Cornerback-Arkansas
2003-Giants-William Joseph-Defensive Tackle-Miami Florida
2002-Saints-Charles Grant-Defensive End-Georgia
2001-Eagles-Freddie Mitchell-Wide Receiver-UCLA
2000-Chris Hovan-Defensive Tackle-Boston College

I hope we can strike gold at linebacker like the Panthers did with Beason but overall I am not impressed with the talent level here. Out of the nine players drafted I saw four of them are good in Santonia Holmes, Jason Campbell, Jon Beason, and Charles Grant. I would say Chris Hovan has been solid but the rest are a joke. Let's hope Ireland and Company are ready.

cheyannefan
01-28-2009, 06:13 PM
I'm not too sure that we actually be picking at #25 anymore. I think that there is a strong possibility that we may slide down 4-5 spots and pick up additional picks. With the new mocks that are coming out (from Kiper, etc - and I know that these aren't how the draft will actually go, but they tend to be an indication of the talent that will be avaliable), I really don't like who will be avaliable at our pick. Heyward-Bey? How about not. If we trade down we can pick up a good player and an extra pick.

oasis
01-30-2009, 05:08 PM
well, if we're going to want to trade down because the talent level at the spot isn't so great (no value), who's going to want to trade up?

skipp2myloo13
01-30-2009, 06:37 PM
well, if we're going to want to trade down because the talent level at the spot isn't so great (no value), who's going to want to trade up?

A bad team looking to move up and get a guy they had high on their list that slips, it happens almost every year at around this spot.

fgrocker
01-31-2009, 11:13 AM
Let's take a look at the all the #25's from 2000 on...

2008-The Cowboys took Mike Jenkins-Cornerback-South Florida
2007-Panthers-Jon Beason-Linebacker-Miami Florida
2006-Steelers-Santonio Holmes-Wide Receiver-Ohio State
2005-Redskins-Jason Campbell-Quarterback-Auburn
2004-Packers-Ahmad Carroll-Cornerback-Arkansas
2003-Giants-William Joseph-Defensive Tackle-Miami Florida
2002-Saints-Charles Grant-Defensive End-Georgia
2001-Eagles-Freddie Mitchell-Wide Receiver-UCLA
2000-Chris Hovan-Defensive Tackle-Boston College

I hope we can strike gold at linebacker like the Panthers did with Beason but overall I am not impressed with the talent level here. Out of the nine players drafted I saw four of them are good in Santonia Holmes, Jason Campbell, Jon Beason, and Charles Grant. I would say Chris Hovan has been solid but the rest are a joke. Let's hope Ireland and Company are ready.

Lest you forget: according to Freddie Mitchell, Freddie Mitchell was the #1 WR in the entire NFL ... before he became a FA and no team signed him.

CedarPhin
01-31-2009, 12:35 PM
FredEx..haha