PDA

View Full Version : Boomer's Analysis ... Finally!

Panther
01-29-2009, 08:17 PM
I've been wondering where Boomer was. He and CK are to me the most informed draft experts as concerning the Miami Dolphins. Get his analysis here:

Outstanding Boomer Analysis (http://weblogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports/columnists/hyde/blog/2009/01/tuesdays_with_simon_dolphins_a.html)

Still waiting for yours CK.:up:

phinfan33
01-29-2009, 09:48 PM
that's one fantastic article,and i enjoyed the hell out of reading it...thanks for posting it...man i can't wait until the draft finally gets here....

JT-forpresident
01-29-2009, 10:27 PM
very good read, the best of the month...

it also made me feel good (lol !) , i was envying a ballhawk safety for a long time now and boomer seems to be on the same page as me, on that front.

Breadfan
01-29-2009, 10:27 PM
:up:

JT-forpresident
01-29-2009, 10:30 PM
hey i just looked in the archives and found this

http://weblogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports/columnists/hyde/blog/2009/01/dolphins_our_draftnik_in_london_starts.html

it's a similar article from our pal Boomer, enjoy !

albyfinfan
01-29-2009, 10:56 PM
great read, thanx dude

next-year
01-29-2009, 11:16 PM
well ted ginn has scored a few redzone touchdowns in both college and the nfl? sooooo

maybe he shouldn't make up stuff?

123KID
01-29-2009, 11:29 PM
thanks a bunch i dont know much about any prospects but really enjoy reading an learning about hopefully some future Dolphins

SR 7
01-30-2009, 12:53 AM
well ted ginn has scored a few redzone touchdowns in both college and the nfl? sooooo

maybe he shouldn't make up stuff?

that is accurate. he had a 5 yard td catch last game of the year last year vs Cincy. he did have a 21 yard td catch that same year but thast 1 yard away from the redzone.

JT-forpresident
01-30-2009, 01:36 AM
great read, thanx dude

very nice mock in your sig... although i think you should interchange barden and vaughn because vaughn will be drafted before, but that's just my opinion. I'd be happy with all those players

eric1589
01-30-2009, 01:42 AM
ill have to read that.
next time i have a day off work. lol
its late and im lazy.
subscribed.

ssnjamerson
01-30-2009, 01:51 AM
WOW sure is alot of screaming in that post. Too bad we dont have 15 1st round picks for all that noise. He said in that link what a million of us have been saying for a while. There are many diff players that we can take. He really didnt narrow it down much. I dont think Pettigrew or Cushing are possibilities. Moore would be my #1 choice if hes there. Laurinitis and Sintim are the BP picks. Especially Sintim since he favors Demarcus Ware. I hope Vonte Davis or Raji fall to us if Moore doesnt. If not the best pick would be Mack or Robinson. Nicks or any WR except Crabtree would be a waste of a 1st round pick. I wouldnt even draft a WR until the 3rd. And if Barden isnt there then take one later.

SR 7
01-30-2009, 02:00 AM
i gotta say, after watching videos of jerry, hes getting me a bit excited abotu the thought of him playing NT. hes so damn dominate and great at shedding blocks wow.

SR 7
01-30-2009, 02:09 AM
and for WR britt and nicks are serious gamers.

CedarPhin
01-30-2009, 09:30 AM
I'd love to have Britt as a WR. Hopefully he doesn't move too far up the draft boards.

phinfan33
01-30-2009, 09:49 AM
i gotta say, after watching videos of jerry, hes getting me a bit excited abotu the thought of him playing NT. hes so damn dominate and great at shedding blocks wow.
i know that Peria Jerry's around 295 lbs...if we draft him...how much more weight can he put on his frame and still play effective at the NT position for us?

SR 7
01-30-2009, 10:29 AM
i know that Peria Jerry's around 295 lbs...if we draft him...how much more weight can he put on his frame and still play effective at the NT position for us?

he can prob put on 10-15 more lbs of weight with no problems. he has a big frame and can carry that weight.

SR 7
01-30-2009, 10:32 AM
I'd love to have Britt as a WR. Hopefully he doesn't move too far up the draft boards.

i dono dude i was looking at film and honestly both on the board make it a tough decision. nicks is very physical and good at YAC reminds me of irvin or boldin/fitzgerald. now with britt, apparently he loves to go over the middle and doesnt care for the hit. he makes tough catches, gets knocked the BEEP out and gets up doesnt celebrate or nething just walks back which surprised me considerings hes a diva so to say as a WR. and on several occassions when he jumps to get that over the middle catch in stride right hwne he gets hit and he is still in the air the DB usually falls down while britt continues to come down and run maybe getting pushed a yard off the route he was in thats how strong he is. I havent seen someone get hit so hard while in the air in stride and barely get thrown off the direction his body was going.

ChambersWI
01-30-2009, 11:37 AM

Jay Ratliff isn't exactly an ideal NT, but he's pretty damn good there so size isn't the biggest issue. Jerry would be an interesting pick, though he is a little older (25). Still, when you have a NT that can penetrate and get to the QB like Jerry can, it makes your D so much more dangerous.

SR 7
01-30-2009, 02:21 PM
Jay Ratliff isn't exactly an ideal NT, but he's pretty damn good there so size isn't the biggest issue. Jerry would be an interesting pick, though he is a little older (25). Still, when you have a NT that can penetrate and get to the QB like Jerry can, it makes your D so much more dangerous.

the thing that amazes me the most is how often and how quickly he BREAKS the pocket. i mean that thing collapses within his 1st move to shed the block and he did it numurous times against a pretty good LSU O line.

ckparrothead
01-30-2009, 02:31 PM
I've been wondering where Boomer was. He and CK are to me the most informed draft experts as concerning the Miami Dolphins. Get his analysis here:

Outstanding Boomer Analysis (http://weblogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports/columnists/hyde/blog/2009/01/tuesdays_with_simon_dolphins_a.html)

Still waiting for yours CK.:up:

Any draft opinions you read of mine, are strongly influenced by Boomer's thoughts. Likewise, any draft opinions you read of his, are strongly influenced by mine as well. We've worked together on this stuff for years and we often come out sounding exactly the same on the vast majority of prospects, though we think that's boring and we try to focus on where we disagree.

I don't want to get into too many details, but we're planning to roll out with a Draft site shortly. Shhhhh!

;)

phinfan33
01-30-2009, 03:07 PM
Any draft opinions you read of mine, are strongly influenced by Boomer's thoughts. Likewise, any draft opinions you read of his, are strongly influenced by mine as well. We've worked together on this stuff for years and we often come out sounding exactly the same on the vast majority of prospects, though we think that's boring and we try to focus on where we disagree.

I don't want to get into too many details, but we're planning to roll out with a Draft site shortly. Shhhhh!

;)
Hey,bring it on CK...

CedarPhin
01-30-2009, 03:12 PM
i dono dude i was looking at film and honestly both on the board make it a tough decision. nicks is very physical and good at YAC reminds me of irvin or boldin/fitzgerald. now with britt, apparently he loves to go over the middle and doesnt care for the hit. he makes tough catches, gets knocked the BEEP out and gets up doesnt celebrate or nething just walks back which surprised me considerings hes a diva so to say as a WR. and on several occassions when he jumps to get that over the middle catch in stride right hwne he gets hit and he is still in the air the DB usually falls down while britt continues to come down and run maybe getting pushed a yard off the route he was in thats how strong he is. I havent seen someone get hit so hard while in the air in stride and barely get thrown off the direction his body was going.

I wouldn't mind either Nicks or Britt. Both play extremely well, run good routes, etc.

I don't know if we'll draft a WR in the 2nd though.

ckparrothead
01-30-2009, 03:17 PM
Give me Nicks over Britt any day of the week.

SamIam
01-30-2009, 03:21 PM
Give me Nicks over Britt any day of the week.

I agree CK... I have been all over Nicks' jock for quite sometime now. I would love it if we can get him with 2a.

SR 7
01-30-2009, 03:56 PM
I dont see nicks lasting to 44 : /

Dr. Phin
01-30-2009, 03:57 PM

Jerry is my bet for our first. Not because he is what I want, but because based on all the mocks...I believe he is the best that will be there...

I'd also take Maclin if he drops that far...

SR 7
01-30-2009, 04:19 PM
Jerry is my bet for our first. Not because he is what I want, but because based on all the mocks...I believe he is the best that will be there...

I'd also take Maclin if he drops that far...

exactly and also, we can use him teh way ngata is used in the sense play an end spot with a WOLB with his hands down and on passing downs have him as the NT with merling and langford etc. esp against teams like NE that pass a lot on us we can use a DT that can penetrate and considering our Ends lacked the ability to do so this year we can have him at RE or LE and shift langford starks and merling in a rotation. the more front 7 players the better we will be.

JT-forpresident
01-30-2009, 04:37 PM

;)

i hope it works out for you two... the nfl draft is becoming a more and more popular thing. With all the crappy draft sites, you guys might eclipse them all and give a fierce competition to scott wright :up:

*** imagine how your knowledge would be even thicker of the draft if you had access to all the stuff wright has... hehe... if boomer is affiliated with the sun sentinel i see no reasons why you guys couldn't get media passes to the senior bowl, nfl combine, etc etc ... **

Lorenzo Rules
01-30-2009, 04:46 PM
I am not overly impressed with this year's class of wrs except for Maclin or crabbtree I wish we could take OT Michael Oher and rb Shannon woods and then move him to wr and then cut our two worst wrs . I was hoping we could take cb Malcolm Jenkings but he must be gonna be a early 1st rd pick .
way it looks now is we will take dt or de then linebacker with our first three picks which i no longer oppose doing .

CC Coach
01-30-2009, 09:05 PM
Don't be surprised if Jerry goes to Tampa Bay in the 1st round.
He fits their scheme and they were talking about him today as a very logical pick.

Dr. Phin
01-30-2009, 09:56 PM
Don't be surprised if Jerry goes to Tampa Bay in the 1st round.
He fits their scheme and they were talking about him today as a very logical pick.

Since Chucky is gone...I guess Tampa won't go after a tenth QB...:lol:

Mazinator1027
01-31-2009, 12:05 AM
Too long for me to read! :lol:

thejetssuck
01-31-2009, 08:33 AM

;)

This is the best news EVER!

:yourock::kick::clap::thumbup::hump::woohoo::silverphin::dancing::knee:

MrEd
01-31-2009, 08:26 PM
I'm assuming without you explaining how this pertains to Boomer from our forum...that Simon Clancy is Boomer?

MrEd
01-31-2009, 08:31 PM
It'd be nice to hear who CK or Boomer thinks MIA will target at #25, #44, and #57? Or at least, #25? Thanks.

newlownorder
01-31-2009, 09:59 PM
Couldn't agree more with his analysis of Ron Brace. Brace is VERY overrated, taking any NT just because you need a NT isn't smart. Playing the NT position isn't just all about weight. I rather take a chance on a NT later in the draft than take Brace.

MrEd
01-31-2009, 10:13 PM
Couldn't agree more with his analysis of Ron Brace. Brace is VERY overrated, taking any NT just because you need a NT isn't smart. Playing the NT position isn't just all about weight. I rather take a chance on a NT later in the draft than take Brace.

Except that Brace looked good in the Senior Bowl practices. He had great push. So Ron Brace is not drafting a NT just because of weight. He shows good promise... I'm all for Ron Brace in the 2nd round.

Panther
01-31-2009, 10:45 PM

;)
Is KB also involved? I haven't heard from him in a long time.