PDA

View Full Version : Have the Jets officially lost a draft pick for Favre yet?

TXFinFan
01-30-2009, 12:34 PM
As far as I can tell, the Jets should have to give up their 2nd round pick to the Packers.

Is this correct and/or official yet?

C-HUCKS
01-30-2009, 12:36 PM
Since the Jets did not make the playoffs I believe it is a 3rd round pick, however I could be wrong.

RealDriscoll
01-30-2009, 12:41 PM
3rd Rounder is correct

TXFinFan
01-30-2009, 12:48 PM
Well, a 3rd rounder hurts them too, but I was hoping they lost their 2nd rounder. I am fairly convinced that the Jets mortgaged away their long term future for Favre and all of those high priced free agents they overpaid for last year.

rev kev
01-30-2009, 01:11 PM
Well, a 3rd rounder hurts them too, but I was hoping they lost their 2nd rounder. I am fairly convinced that the Jets mortgaged away their long term future for Favre and all of those high priced free agents they overpaid for last year.

Well they are behind at least one two years

emeraldfin
01-30-2009, 01:14 PM
In hindsight, a third round pick was'nt that much of a gamble in the end.

rev kev
01-30-2009, 01:26 PM

Losing a starter for nothing and starting from scratch is what I was thinking

3rdandinches
01-30-2009, 08:53 PM

Really it's a complete failure when they are no better off then before making this move and you could argue their worse. There's no QB waiting in the wings and they improved a division rival by dumping an excellent QB in favour of one that was great 5 years ago.

dr.jake
01-30-2009, 10:18 PM
well to be honest..favre was selected to the pro bowl.so a 3rd rounder for a pro bowl qb is pretty cheap.we gave up a second for feeley and culpepper.and nobody here thought penny was all that excellent when he was a jet. noodle arm anybody? the jets spent a bundle in the off season but most of the moves like jenkins,pace,favre,faneca and the earlier trade for jones paid pretty good dividends.i hope we open up the wallet and land a probowl cb or lb.

emeraldfin
01-30-2009, 10:24 PM
Really it's a complete failure when they are no better off then before making this move and you could argue their worse. There's no QB waiting in the wings and they improved a division rival by dumping an excellent QB in favour of one that was great 5 years ago.

The Jets made a call. They wanted to contend for a Superbowl, so they took the chance on a QB who was coming off a very good season in Green Bay and had tremendous veteran leadership and qualties. They took a gamble and it did'nt pay off. All they lost was a 3rd rounder, they still have the potential of getting another 1st rounder if the Saints re-sign Vilma.

Worth a gamble if you want instant success, which is what the Jets wanted.

Nappy Roots
01-30-2009, 10:24 PM
farve is not a probowl QB

dr.jake
01-30-2009, 10:32 PM
AFC. manning ,favre, cutler. you got some other intel you want to share?

Jetsfan89
01-30-2009, 10:49 PM
We lost a third for Favre but we got the Saints third for Vilma. And that pick can become the Saints second if they resign Vilma before the start of Free Agency.

$$BWCJR78$$
01-31-2009, 02:02 PM
AFC. manning ,favre, cutler. you got some other intel you want to share?

AFC manning,cutler, rivers. is what i heard last.

CedarPhin
01-31-2009, 02:04 PM
Jets rolled the dice and it just didn't work out for them. Probably set them back a few years also.

cyesae
01-31-2009, 04:07 PM
who cares wegot the best part of the deal haha thanks for the qb jets

dr.jake
01-31-2009, 05:02 PM
AFC manning,cutler, rivers. is what i heard last.
pro bowl roster link:
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/football/nfl/12/16/pb-rosters.ap/index.html

Ricky4Life
01-31-2009, 06:13 PM
I heard that Vilma was asked by the Saints to be resigned to them after Free Agency starts so they do not lose that draft pick. Has he been resigned yet?

$$BWCJR78$$
01-31-2009, 07:45 PM
pro bowl roster link:
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/football/nfl/12/16/pb-rosters.ap/index.html

farve is not going so rivers is the qb going to the pro bowl with manning and cutler.

nyjunc
02-01-2009, 08:22 AM
Jets rolled the dice and it just didn't work out for them. Probably set them back a few years also.

W/ good moves any team can get really good quickly. We have a nice cast around the QB, if we can get decent QB play out of whoever we have as our QB we'll be good but if not we won't be.

dr.jake
02-01-2009, 05:35 PM
may just be semantics here. but i'm guessing from your posts that in your opinion if you give up a 3rd round pick for a qb who is IN FACT selected to the AFC probowl but chooses not to attend for whatever reason it's a bad move? just so we're clear i'd gladly surrender our third rounder for a pro bowl qb next year. can't imagine many teams who wouldn't.

$$BWCJR78$$
02-02-2009, 12:44 AM
may just be semantics here. but i'm guessing from your posts that in your opinion if you give up a 3rd round pick for a qb who is IN FACT selected to the AFC probowl but chooses not to attend for whatever reason it's a bad move? just so we're clear i'd gladly surrender our third rounder for a pro bowl qb next year. can't imagine many teams who wouldn't.

can you honestly sit here and say farve was better this year then rivers or pennington. both of them have much better numbers and led their team to the playoffs. something farve did not do. just because he got voted to the probowl doesn't me he's one of the top 3 qbs. i think many teams would gladly give up a 3rd round pick for a playoff qb.

nyjunc
02-02-2009, 06:51 AM

The Pro Bowl is a complete joke and Favre getting selected proves that. Favre was mediocre most of theyera, had a very good 3 game stretch then was absolutly pitiful the last month which cost us our season. The trade so far was a failure.

utahphinsfan
02-02-2009, 03:07 PM
As far as the Jets QB situation minus Favre; There is Kellen Clemens who I wish the phins would have gotten, Erik Ainge, & Brett Ratliff who lost his gig in college to Alex Smith... its not great but not terrible either IMO.

WelcomeBack
02-02-2009, 03:22 PM

It was a bad move. So, Favre made the pro bowl. Big deal.

I'm sure every member of that franchise and their fans would trade in Brett Favre's pro bowl selection for a spot in the playoffs any day of the week. They wanted him to lead this team to the playoffs, he didn't. The trade was a bad move.

I'd much rather Ronnie, Jake and Joey had played their last game in Tampa this year instead of Hawaii. Just my opinion.

TXFinFan
02-02-2009, 04:17 PM
farve is not going so rivers is the qb going to the pro bowl with manning and cutler.

Actually it's Manning, Cutler, & Kerry Collins. Rivers pulled out as well.

studsatele
02-02-2009, 04:26 PM
may just be semantics here. but i'm guessing from your posts that in your opinion if you give up a 3rd round pick for a qb who is IN FACT selected to the AFC probowl but chooses not to attend for whatever reason it's a bad move? just so we're clear i'd gladly surrender our third rounder for a pro bowl qb next year. can't imagine many teams who wouldn't.brother man. we could spin this all day long. bottom line. brett favre was voted in the pro bowl before the season started.

$$BWCJR78$$
02-03-2009, 01:39 AM
Actually it's Manning, Cutler, & Kerry Collins. Rivers pulled out as well.

you are right i forgot about that thanks for correcting it.

ih8brady
02-03-2009, 03:38 AM
What made Favre a big-time flop for the Jets was the fact that Pennington was ready to play a full season healthy and productive. Not only did Pennington outperform Favre, but also Cutler and Collins and he deserved MVP consideration. Replace Favre's mediocrity with Chad's comeback and I guarantee you that the Jets have a bye week in the playoffs and Miami wins between 6 and 8 games.

So, thanks a lot Brett!