PDA

View Full Version : Madden NFL 10 News!

JuanchoColombia
01-31-2009, 02:40 AM
At the start of the year when we all joined the team, we all got in a room and immediately came to a unanimous decision on what Madden NFL 10 was going to be all about. You saw it in the title of the post, but I’ll say it again: “Everything you see on Sunday, see it in Madden NFL”. “What does that mean?” you may ask…well it means that we have one goal, and that is to make an NFL football game that is as true to life as possible.

We aren’t about gimmicks; we aren’t about fluff; we aren’t about catering to glitchers or cheaters. We’re focused on emulating what you as an NFL fan are used to seeing on TV, and what many of you players and coaches have seen on the field. For every single update we provide you with throughout this year, feel free to call us out if anything doesn’t stand up to our new mantra.

Since we are mostly new to the team, a big goal of ours was to shake things up and we’re hoping to create a lot of “firsts” for Madden’s history this year:
1. We will be talking directly about features in the game about 4 months earlier than normal.
2. We will be releasing information on a very regular basis this year (looking at once a week as soon as we get things rolling).
3. We will talk about brand new tech that has been implemented before features have even been built around it, and take community feedback to choose what features we actually build.
4. We will be directly communicating on the forums throughout the development cycle, and also making changes in the game based directly on feedback gathered from the posts.

Full Article (http://www.operationsports.com/newspost.php?id=291473)

It's nice to hear that they're bringing people from Head Coach as well as the Senior Producer from last gen's maddens... what does that mean? IMO a much better, deeper and more realistic franchise mode

I liked the part where he said "We’re focused on emulating what you as an NFL fan are used to seeing on TV...", maybe they will finally use that ESPN license they got :). I just hope...this in madden would be awesome:
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9O6jKorLRo ; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkstmhFuwOQ&feature=related)

And yes, they're gonna call it Madden 10... No Madden 2010, Madden20-10 or even Madden XXI... just Madden 10 :err:

Greatness920
01-31-2009, 02:21 PM
i just want some damn refs on the field and those sideline guys back! i loved running them over... why would they take those guys out

JuanchoColombia
01-31-2009, 02:57 PM
i just want some damn refs on the field and those sideline guys back! i loved running them over... why would they take those guys out

lol yeah, I didn't remember the chains gang... I loved that too :D

btw, congrats on the 1k :up:

CedarPhin
01-31-2009, 04:51 PM
Sounds like some pretty cool stuff. Madden has really been lacking as a franchise the last few years.

BTW, I spent some time in Bogota a few years back, really a great city.

JuanchoColombia
02-01-2009, 01:56 PM
Sounds like some pretty cool stuff. Madden has really been lacking as a franchise the last few years.

BTW, I spent some time in Bogota a few years back, really a great city.

Nice to hear you liked it, I hope the locals treated you well... they are usally very kind with foreign people, specially the girls :lol:.

so, what brought you here?

CedarPhin
02-01-2009, 02:15 PM
Just wanted to visit the country. I hit up Cartegena too..that place was a lot of fun. The islands off of the coast there are pretty awesome.

SpurzN703
02-01-2009, 02:26 PM
Madden needs to have in-game highlights of other games going on at the same time as yours. It would also be good to have the individual team's TD music playing as well as crowd chants, waving terrible towels and doing the wave.

It would also be sick and probably impossible to have the games played on a FOX, CBS, NBC and ESPN broadcast straight with the voices and music on each station we're all used to.

Now that would be a kick *** game

CedarPhin
02-01-2009, 02:28 PM
I hope they fix the NCAA franchise while they're fixing Madden.

JuanchoColombia
02-01-2009, 03:53 PM
Just wanted to visit the country. I hit up Cartegena too..that place was a lot of fun. The islands off of the coast there are pretty awesome.

nice, I love cartegena... specially Bocagrande and the downtown area... haven't gone to the islands yet, tho

CedarPhin
02-01-2009, 04:02 PM
My favorite part about Cartegena (besides the great looking women and nice beaches) were the old Spanish forts around there. Really an awesome place.

JuanchoColombia
02-01-2009, 04:30 PM
It would also be sick and probably impossible to have the games played on a FOX, CBS, NBC and ESPN broadcast straight with the voices and music on each station we're all used to.

Now that would be a kick *** game

yup, that would be awesome, but you're right, it's nearly impossible, I highly doubt that they would pay licenses for cbs, fox & nbc.

however, they could put an option where the user can create the scoreboards, intros and stats overlays and use the intro themes saved in th HDD... that would be the s***. :D

John Biello
02-04-2009, 10:27 AM
i would like some realistic line play, working on eliminating nano's. reduce the insane leaps for the linebackers in coverage and maybe just maybe alternate unis online, just for starters.

SpurzN703
02-04-2009, 02:45 PM
yup, that would be awesome, but you're right, it's nearly impossible, I highly doubt that they would pay licenses for cbs, fox & nbc.

however, they could put an option where the user can create the scoreboards, intros and stats overlays and use the intro themes saved in th HDD... that would be the s***. :D

Anything is possible though so I wouldn't doubt we'd get some of our ideas in the games at some point

SpaceMountain16
02-05-2009, 08:23 PM
Stop making these games.

Clipse
02-06-2009, 09:33 AM
i would like some realistic line play, working on eliminating nano's. reduce the insane leaps for the linebackers in coverage and maybe just maybe alternate unis online, just for starters.
Totally agree. Alternate uniforms for online play would be great but the leaps for linebacker just have to go. Tired of trying to throw it to Bess up the middle just to see the MLB jump out of the stadium to pick it off.

John Biello
02-06-2009, 05:54 PM
Totally agree. Alternate uniforms for online play would be great but the leaps for linebacker just have to go. Tired of trying to throw it to Bess up the middle just to see the MLB jump out of the stadium to pick it off.

this is just my short list, since they killed my 2k series. i thought they improved a ton this year so i am hopeful that trend will continue. another thing that irks me is how much height and speed are over valued in the game (which of course is only my opinion).