PDA

View Full Version : Steve Martin hosting SNL for record 15th time

Gonzo
01-31-2009, 04:53 PM
http://www.nbc.com/Saturday_Night_Live/

:woot:

After a few years of futility, the show is finally funny again. If only Steve would stick to this and refrain from any more Pink Panther abominations...

CedarPhin
01-31-2009, 04:57 PM
That show has gone completely downhill.

PhinzN703
02-01-2009, 02:21 PM
Yesterday was unfunny except for when Martin came out on the TV show with man boobs and a wig saying he was afraid of the water. Aside from that, everything else was terrible.

The show a few weeks ago with Rosario Dawson was bad too.

SNL certainly won't ever re-claim it's glory days from the 70s-90s but they do have some talent. The only chick on the show worth a damn is Kristen Wiig, she has so many zany characters its great (plus I'd hit it).

Most of the dudes on the show are funny too. It's just the material they are given most of the time that is just wretched

Gonzo
02-01-2009, 02:32 PM
Yesterday was unfunny except for when Martin came out on the TV show with man boobs and a wig saying he was afraid of the water. Aside from that, everything else was terrible.

The show a few weeks ago with Rosario Dawson was bad too.

SNL certainly won't ever re-claim it's glory days from the 70s-90s but they do have some talent. The only chick on the show worth a damn is Kristen Wiig, she has so many zany characters its great (plus I'd hit it).

Most of the dudes on the show are funny too. It's just the material they are given most of the time that is just wretchedLaser Cats cracked me up too, just because of what was going on in the background (mirror, people walking through, etc). I think the problem is that it seems like the writers don't work together. You can actually tell that the skits have been written by different people, no cohesion. There's no fluidity between skits. There were bad skits in the good years, but they were seamlessly lifted up by the good ones that sandwiched it. It looked like a miss written by the same team that hit the homerun on the next few skits. Not the case right now.

I think they finally have a funny group of actors to work with again though. Just need to get the writers up to par.

Oh, and Biden was hilarious too.

PhinzN703
02-02-2009, 02:15 PM
Yeah they have bits and pieces that are funny. But the one with Steve Martin working at the perfume counter and then when him and the other 2 went into the bar during the Super Bowl, how were those funny?