PDA

View Full Version : Fitzgerald vs. Nicks

metalman32060
02-02-2009, 06:01 PM
I have been of the opinion that we really need to improve the O-line and Defense before looking to upgrade our recievers, but after watching Fitzgerald last night it got me thinking of another player that may be available in the draft at our pick. Watching Fitz reminded me of Nicks, got the great hands, big reciever the only thing that Fitz may have over Nicks is a little more breakaway speed.
I think if this guy is available at we should grab him, I love what Ginn has been doing lately and with Nicks there as well he could add a whole new dimension to our offense.

Any thoughts?

skipp2myloo13
02-02-2009, 06:05 PM
thats a truly laughable comparison. nicks isnt even that great.

Nappy Roots
02-02-2009, 06:06 PM
Fitz runs much much much much better routes and is taller and stronger then nicks. they both catch the ball the same though. seeing the ball to their hands rather then catching with their body.

CJohnsonMIA'08
02-02-2009, 06:13 PM
That's like comparing Dan Marino to Tim Couch, just because they have similar builds.

#1dolphinsfan
02-02-2009, 06:17 PM
Fitzgerald is going to go down as the NFL's Greatest WR

CJohnsonMIA'08
02-02-2009, 06:21 PM

Really? Rice had 22 recieving TDs in a season in his 3rd year. Fitz hasn't come close to that YET.

#1dolphinsfan
02-02-2009, 06:26 PM
Really? Rice had 22 recieving TDs in a season in his 3rd year. Fitz hasn't come close to that YET.
i dont care how many TD catchs Rice had that is just My opion

Phins Rock
02-02-2009, 06:29 PM
I've been comparing Nicks to Boldin...

I love Hakeem. He is more like Quan than anything though.

Nappy Roots
02-02-2009, 06:30 PM

not even close.

WhatsUp
02-02-2009, 06:53 PM
not even close.

I second that!

Way to soon to say he better than Rice.:shakeno::rolleyes2::shakeno:

TXFinFan
02-02-2009, 06:55 PM
Don't forget that Andre Johnson was the best WR in the league this year.

54dolfan9923
02-02-2009, 07:31 PM
Before everyone jumps on the bandwagon for Rice saying he is so much better than Fitz, look at the stats. In Rices first 5 years he had 66 TD's. Fitz has 46. Even though he may own that record Fitz has more catches yards and yards after catch. He also had a better postseason then Rice ever had. So don't say he has no chance, because there def is one.

ZachThomas76
02-02-2009, 07:32 PM
I have been of the opinion that we really need to improve the O-line and Defense before looking to upgrade our recievers, but after watching Fitzgerald last night it got me thinking of another player that may be available in the draft at our pick. Watching Fitz reminded me of Nicks, got the great hands, big reciever the only thing that Fitz may have over Nicks is a little more breakaway speed.
I think if this guy is available at we should grab him, I love what Ginn has been doing lately and with Nicks there as well he could add a whole new dimension to our offense.

Any thoughts?

oh god. i think ill take another 3 mths off this site. thanks for reminding me why i do.

MrEd
02-02-2009, 09:43 PM

Any thoughts?

Actually, at 6'1" 210 LBS...Hakeem Nicks plays and looks a lot more like Boldin. Boldin has a little less breakaway speed than Fitz.

Boldin is the one to compare NIcks to. Fitz is bigger than Boldin/Nicks.

Nicks and Boldin are the same height and are both stocky. Nicks is 210 LBS, could add another 5 LBS easy...while Boldin is 217 LBS.

To me, of all the players in this draft, Nicks is the closest to Boldin.

Crabtree is taller and Maclin is taller but skinnier. Harvin is shorter.

Britt is taller but skinnier. More like London.

Nicks is the most closest to Boldin...and the WR I want at #25.

If we come out of the first day with:

#25: WR Hakeem Nicks
#44: FS Lou Delmas
#57: NT Ron Brace

I'd be estatic!!!:woot:

MrEd
02-02-2009, 09:49 PM
Fitz runs much much much much better routes and is taller and stronger then nicks. they both catch the ball the same though. seeing the ball to their hands rather then catching with their body.

Nah, route running is not Nicks problem. He is an awesome WR. In fact, I'm going on a Mike Mayock limb and calling that Hakeem Nicks will have a Dwayne Bowe type of rise in the draft boards after the Combines and be the second WR selected after Crabtree in the 1st round. Yes, even before Maclin.

Nicks is more stocky than Maclin. Maclin is too skinny, if you ask me.

Crabtree will probably be the next Plaxico Burress. Nicks will probably be the next Anquan Boldin.

firemanx
02-02-2009, 10:07 PM
Hakeem Nicks is basicly the exact same WR has Anquan. 6'1 210lbs with great hands.

Nappy Roots
02-02-2009, 10:18 PM
Nah, route running is not Nicks problem. He is an awesome WR. In fact, I'm going on a Mike Mayock limb and calling that Hakeem Nicks will have a Dwayne Bowe type of rise in the draft boards after the Combines and be the second WR selected after Crabtree in the 1st round. Yes, even before Maclin.

Nicks is more stocky than Maclin. Maclin is too skinny, if you ask me.

Crabtree will probably be the next Plaxico Burress. Nicks will probably be the next Anquan Boldin.

um, yes route running is a question on Nicks. as an ACC guy ive seen Nicks play a million times. while im not saying his route running is terrible, he is not crisp on his routes. and Larry Fitzgerald came into the NFL and immediately was one of the best route runners in the NFL. so yea..Larry is and was at the time he declared, MUCH MUCH MUCH better a route runner then Nicks.

Kdawg954
02-04-2009, 10:42 AM
Don't forget that Andre Johnson was the best WR in the league this year.

And u say this why? Because his numbers were better . . . imagine Fitz w/o TWO other 1000 yard WR's on the team. U just saw Fitz SHRED the best defense in the league, despite them FOCUSING on him the whole game.

I have said before and I will say again:

1. Larry Fitzgerald (best overall)
2. Andre Johnson (most explosive)
3. Anquan Boldin (best after the catch)
4. Calvin Johnson (most potential)
5. Steve Smith (toughest)
6. Randy Moss (all time best of current players)

The only knock on Larry was his lack of ELITE speed which he proved on Sunday was laughable with how he ran away from the Pittsburgh D on that one TD. Andre still doesn't have the route running ability of Fitz.

TXFinFan
02-05-2009, 03:56 PM
And u say this why? Because his numbers were better . . . imagine Fitz w/o TWO other 1000 yard WR's on the team. U just saw Fitz SHRED the best defense in the league, despite them FOCUSING on him the whole game.

I have said before and I will say again:

1. Larry Fitzgerald (best overall)
2. Andre Johnson (most explosive)
3. Anquan Boldin (best after the catch)
4. Calvin Johnson (most potential)
5. Steve Smith (toughest)
6. Randy Moss (all time best of current players)

The only knock on Larry was his lack of ELITE speed which he proved on Sunday was laughable with how he ran away from the Pittsburgh D on that one TD. Andre still doesn't have the route running ability of Fitz.

I'm not down on Larry at all. I'm just saying that statistically speaking AJ was the best. Also, I would turn your argument around and say that if Fitz didn't have the other two 1,000 yard receivers, he wouldn't have even caught as much as he did. AJ gets all the attention from every team he faces, and still put up better numbers than Fitz. And AJ did it with Matt Schaub & Sage Rosenfels at QB.

mbbransc
02-06-2009, 06:38 PM
um, yes route running is a question on Nicks. as an ACC guy ive seen Nicks play a million times. while im not saying his route running is terrible, he is not crisp on his routes. and Larry Fitzgerald came into the NFL and immediately was one of the best route runners in the NFL. so yea..Larry is and was at the time he declared, MUCH MUCH MUCH better a route runner then Nicks.

Wow, this is the first time I've seen ANYONE question Nicks route running. Most ppl I've heard compliment his routes in the same sentence as his hands. And I've seen him play every game so I may be biased (UNC season tix holder).