PDA

View Full Version : iF THE 2009 NFL DRAFT WAS TODAY...

Penny4president
02-03-2009, 02:27 PM
who would you draft here is who i think the fins will draft one of these guys in the first rounds

Pat white
Percy harvin
DJ moore
Brian cushing

who would you draft

WelcomeBack
02-03-2009, 02:29 PM
who would you draft here is who i think the fins will draft in the first 4 picks

Pat white
Percy harvin
DJ moore
Brian cushing

who would you draft

Wait...are you saying

Round 1: Pat White
Round 2a: Percy Harvin
Round 2b: D.J. Moore
Round 3: Brian Cushing

Or are those your top 4 players?

Cause that's so far off if it's your mock.

SnakeoilSeller
02-03-2009, 02:41 PM
Duke Robinson

Avigatorx
02-03-2009, 02:52 PM
1st Round: Vontae Davis, Rey Maualuga, Brian Cushing, Peria Jerry, Louis Delmas, or Alex Mack.

I'd be happy with any one of those guys, although I know most will be off the board before we pick.

I need more time to look at the other rounds and who might be left when we pick.

HenneCannon7
02-03-2009, 02:54 PM
I want Heyward-Bey in the first round. If we go receiver we better get him or Nicks before we go after Harvin. We don't need another slender speedster. We need a big physical guy.

RothFan
02-03-2009, 02:57 PM
I want Heyward-Bey in the first round. If we go receiver we better get him or Nicks before we go after Harvin. We don't need another slender speedster. We need a big physical guy.

I would like to see that aswell, but I think we take a CB or Saftey in the 1st round and if Heyward-Bey is there when we pick in the 2nd we snag him. I'm thinking that Moore guy out of Vandy I think thats were hes from.

pumpdogs
02-03-2009, 04:27 PM
If they draft percy harvin in the 1st round I am going to throw up.I would take dj moore and hope the football gods drop nicks in are lap in round 2.

DubVman
02-03-2009, 04:37 PM
I'm pulln for Hakeem Nicks

Chainsaw
02-03-2009, 04:44 PM

Just for the record, Nicks isn't much bigger than Harvin. Harvin is about 200 pounds and benches 400. I would take any of the 3 actually.

I am leaning more toward Heyward-Bey first because of his size speed combo and then Harvin. Nicks would be a decent value in the 2nd round. But, not in the first. I would be happy with Barden in the second or third round as well.

I see Harvin developing into a Steve Smith clone. He is probably even stronger though.

dlockz
02-03-2009, 06:48 PM
i will throw up if we waste a high pick on Pat white.
So pass on corners and wide receivers for this guy.

MrEd
02-03-2009, 06:56 PM
who would you draft here is who i think the fins will draft in the first 4 picks

Pat white
Percy harvin
DJ moore
Brian cushing

who would you draft

Hakeem Nicks, Lou Delmas, Duke Robinson, Michael Oher.

skipp2myloo13
02-03-2009, 07:29 PM
Hakeem Nicks, Lou Delmas, Duke Robinson, Michael Oher.

oher is the best tackle in the draft IMO, because with great coaching he would be awesome. delmas would be a force right away, robinson- a great force at a pos of need. Receiver is a terrible pick 1st for a team with as many needs as we have. nicks is the only receiver in the draft i wouldnt kill myself if we picked (on the first day), but not with the first.
We will DEF! not pick a receiver with the first pick, so unless receivers start falling like last year Nicks is gone.

skipp2myloo13
02-03-2009, 07:31 PM
Someone mentioned Hayward Bay as a great pick, but said no to harvin. bay is not that physical, harvin is actually stronger. i hate them both and can guarantee that neither will be a phin but that is just a terrible football statement, especially with all the needs we have.

X-Pacolypse
02-03-2009, 09:36 PM
Clint Sintim

MrEd
02-03-2009, 09:48 PM
Just for the record, Nicks isn't much bigger than Harvin. Harvin is about 200 pounds and benches 400. I would take any of the 3 actually.

I am leaning more toward Heyward-Bey first because of his size speed combo and then Harvin. Nicks would be a decent value in the 2nd round. But, not in the first. I would be happy with Barden in the second or third round as well.

I see Harvin developing into a Steve Smith clone. He is probably even stronger though.

Are you kidding me??? Nicks is 6'1" 210 lbs. That's a tad bit under an Anquan Boldin. Many are comparing Nicks to Boldin or Michael Irvin.

Harvin is more a Tedd Ginn Jr with better route running.

MrEd
02-03-2009, 09:58 PM
oher is the best tackle in the draft IMO, because with great coaching he would be awesome. delmas would be a force right away, robinson- a great force at a pos of need. Receiver is a terrible pick 1st for a team with as many needs as we have. nicks is the only receiver in the draft i wouldnt kill myself if we picked (on the first day), but not with the first.
We will DEF! not pick a receiver with the first pick, so unless receivers start falling like last year Nicks is gone.

Nicks will not reach the 2nd round. He may be the 2nd WR picked after Crabtree. If we are lucky to be staring at Nicks at #25, we have to pull the trigger. If he is gone by then? I wouldn't be surprised if Parcells pulls the trigger of sending the #25 pick to ARI for Boldin.

Parcells has been reported to want to add "firepower to the OFFENSE"...so that should mean that he wants a #1 WR to pit with Ginn and Camarillo.

I believe that there will be a top notch FS at #44 and a good G/C or OLB at #57.

So I don't see MIA using the #25 pick on an OLB. Now it could go to a CB too, like DJ Moore.

Chainsaw
02-03-2009, 11:16 PM
Are you kidding me??? Nicks is 6'1" 210 lbs. That's a tad bit under an Anquan Boldin. Many are comparing Nicks to Boldin or Michael Irvin.

Harvin is more a Tedd Ginn Jr with better route running.

Nicks is 210 and Harvin is 200 or close to it. So, Harvin is closer to the size of Nicks than the size of Ginn. He is just closer to the speed of Ginn than the speed of Nicks.

He is also quick like Bess. Could you imagine how good Bess could be if he were fast?

So, basically he is like Steve Smith only stronger and probably faster too. I'll take that in a heartbeat.

3rdandinches
02-03-2009, 11:37 PM
Nicks will not reach the 2nd round. He may be the 2nd WR picked after Crabtree. If we are lucky to be staring at Nicks at #25, we have to pull the trigger. If he is gone by then? I wouldn't be surprised if Parcells pulls the trigger of sending the #25 pick to ARI for Boldin.

Parcells has been reported to want to add "firepower to the OFFENSE"...so that should mean that he wants a #1 WR to pit with Ginn and Camarillo.

I believe that there will be a top notch FS at #44 and a good G/C or OLB at #57.

So I don't see MIA using the #25 pick on an OLB. Now it could go to a CB too, like DJ Moore.

I hope that doesn't mean P.Burress!!!!

#1dolphinsfan
02-04-2009, 12:50 AM
I want Vontae Davis, Rey Maualuga, or Duke RObinson in the first round

ticophin
02-04-2009, 01:20 AM
No luxuries.....not until we are comfortable with our trenches
In the 1st...Peria Jerry, Duke, Sintim, Oher, Mack....Something like that...Once we stop the run, pressure the QB consistently, and give Penny time, we can get cute.

Digital
02-04-2009, 03:12 AM
Nicks is 210 and Harvin is 200 or close to it. So, Harvin is closer to the size of Nicks than the size of Ginn. He is just closer to the speed of Ginn than the speed of Nicks.

He is also quick like Bess. Could you imagine how good Bess could be if he were fast?

So, basically he is like Steve Smith only stronger and probably faster too. I'll take that in a heartbeat.

Don't believe listed heights and weights. Nicks is a legit 6'1 210 and to me has the build of a T.O. type player. Harvin isn't only 1 inch and 10 pounds smaller than Nicks, and I'm confident that the official measurements at the combine will bear that out. Nicks is a big physical receiver with fluid moves and soft hands. Harvin is much more in the Ginn mold IMHO. I'd definitely take Nicks over Harvin. It might be a personal preference if we didn't have Ginn, but for us, and especially with Pennington at QB, Nicks makes a lot more sense. Personally, I think Nicks will be the better pro as well.

It doesn't matter though, we will not burn the #25 pick on a WR, and neither will be there in the 2nd round. but, if Nicks is there at 2a, I think we need to seriously consider selecting him.

dolphinator86
02-04-2009, 10:55 AM
1st round: these guys

Robinson..gives us a young dominate left side ans move smiley back to compete for the RG spot

Mack: Probably the best center prospect in years

Sintim: can step in and play opposite of JP from day is already NFL ready and plays for a disciple of BP in Groh

English: natural athlete great pass rusher needs some work

Cushing: very polished and very good overall and versitile

NO DB's unless is Jenkins out of Ohio State maybe Delmas at 44 he is a reach at 25

Penny4president
02-06-2009, 01:38 PM
Wait...are you saying

Round 1: Pat White
Round 2a: Percy Harvin
Round 2b: D.J. Moore
Round 3: Brian Cushing

Or are those your top 4 players?

Cause that's so far off if it's your mock.

no just the ones that i hope they pick i have a more realistic mock

enduro
02-06-2009, 01:41 PM

Pat white
Percy harvin
DJ moore
Brian cushing

who would you draft

pat white. he's a 4th round pick if he's lucky

phinfan33
02-06-2009, 01:55 PM

even though Parcells&Co. know that we need to add firepower to our offense,he could've said that as a smokescreen to get teams thinking one thing,while he&Ireland go in another direction...remember Ed,don't take everything you read or hear at face value...until it comes our turn to pick in the draft,everything else is just speculation...

Locke
02-06-2009, 02:06 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if Parcells pulls the trigger of sending the #25 pick to ARI for Boldin.

You should be, Parcells doesn't trade away first day picks. Unless Boldin is released, he will not be a Dolphin. You cant ake that to the bank.

Besides, how do you know he meant another WR? He could have meant a stronger OL for a better running game. Or, it could have been a complete lie so people don't try to pick defensive players he likes. Nothing he says can be taken at face value....