PDA

View Full Version : Kiper's Mock Draft 2009

MichaelBusiness
02-03-2009, 11:11 PM
Excuse me McShay's Mock Draft... Sorry guys

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft09/insider/columns/story?columnist=mcshay_todd&id=3878507&action=upsell&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnfl%2fdraft09%2finsider%2fcolumns%2fstory%3fcolumnist%3dmcshay_todd%26id%3d3878507

1-16 is available to public...

Is anyone an insider so we can see who the Fins pick?

SamIam
02-03-2009, 11:25 PM
That's Todd McShay not Kiper

dr.jake
02-04-2009, 06:49 PM
kiper has us selecting BRYL CREAM. a slick back out of IMALWAYSWRONGF U.

$$BWCJR78$$
02-04-2009, 10:37 PM
25. Miami Dolphins (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=mia) (11-5): James Laurinaitis (http://insider.espn.go.com/nfldraft/draft/tracker/player?draftyear=2009&id=23966), ILB, Ohio State

is who Mcshay has us taking.

Second Round

44. Miami (from WAS)Patrick Chung (http://insider.espn.go.com/nfldraft/draft/tracker/player?draftyear=2009&id=24333) S, Oregon

56. Miami Jamon Meredith (http://insider.espn.go.com/nfldraft/draft/tracker/player?draftyear=2009&id=24372) OT, South Carolina

Digital
02-05-2009, 06:43 AM
I'll be ecstatic if we land Laurinaitis. Our run defense, which as Dreamwalker has pointed out is actually quite poor, would immediately improve. We'd be able to blitz from ILB and keep the opposing OL guessing, we'd finally have a true leader for our defense, our pass coverage would instantly skyrocket, and we'd have the flexibility to blitz almost anyone on our defense without a major mismatch because Laurinaitis is good enough at ILB, WOLB, SOLB, coverage, blitzing, and anything else you'd need an ILB to do. He has Zach Thomas' instincts coupled with elite size and speed, and far more positional flexibility. He is exactly what we need.

MichaelBusiness
02-06-2009, 02:43 AM
I had my close eye on Laurinaitis in the OSU games I was able to watch and I did not see anything special. Obviously, if we pick him I hope I'm wrong. Maybe I am just tired of OSU players in general...

LtDan
02-06-2009, 07:27 AM
I had my close eye on Laurinaitis in the OSU games I was able to watch and I did not see anything special. Obviously, if we pick him I hope I'm wrong. Maybe I am just tired of OSU players in general...
yeah, we've had so many of them

Phishpunk@WCU
02-06-2009, 02:48 PM
I think landing Laurinaitis would be huge for us. Hopefully we will add a young LB in the first round. 2a I would love to see us draft Delmas at S or Hakeem Nicks at WR. 2b is more open then I could see us going WR, LB, OL, or S there, depending on what we do with the first 2 picks.

phinfan33
02-06-2009, 02:51 PM
please no to Laurinaitis!!!!!!

TheBow305
02-06-2009, 03:02 PM
Wow, McShay is such a joke.

dlockz
02-06-2009, 03:07 PM
Wow, McShay is such a joke.

I dont agree on either but i doubt he is there anyway. people called Mcshay a joke last year when he pimped Ryan. I dont like this mock either to be truthful.

X-Pacolypse
02-06-2009, 08:49 PM
James Laurinaitis is THE most overrated LB in this Draft! I'll say it till I'm blue in the face!

fgrocker
02-07-2009, 11:42 AM
James Laurinaitis is THE most overrated LB in this Draft! I'll say it till I'm blue in the face!

Would you mind explaining why? It seems that it would be hard to argue against his consistency, size, speed, pedigree, heart, and production. I say he'd be a pretty good value at pick #25.

X-Pacolypse
02-07-2009, 01:57 PM
Would you mind explaining why? It seems that it would be hard to argue against his consistency, size, speed, pedigree, heart, and production. I say he'd be a pretty good value at pick #25.

He can't shed away from tacklers, he has trouble working through the "trash", I could go on. Laurinaitis is a future bust in the making. I would throw chair through my window if we drafted him.

fgrocker
02-07-2009, 07:45 PM
He can't shed away from tacklers, he has trouble working through the "trash", I could go on. Laurinaitis is a future bust in the making. I would throw chair through my window if we drafted him.

So I guess also winning the Nagurski as a sophomore, being great in pass coverage, and a top pursuit LB isn't enough for an NFL starter? He needs to be perfect to not be a bust? I see Laurinaitis as a solid and consistent player in the middle for a long, long time. Not necessarily one of the top MLBs in the league, but still great value at #25. The only way I see him as a bust is if you think everyone expects him to be an elite player, which no one does. Elite players don't last til #25.

123KID
02-07-2009, 09:59 PM
is he better than AJ coming out?

PJack
02-07-2009, 10:39 PM
So I guess also winning the Nagurski as a sophomore, being great in pass coverage, and a top pursuit LB isn't enough for an NFL starter? He needs to be perfect to not be a bust? I see Laurinaitis as a solid and consistent player in the middle for a long, long time. Not necessarily one of the top MLBs in the league, but still great value at #25. The only way I see him as a bust is if you think everyone expects him to be an elite player, which no one does. Elite players don't last til #25.

Ray Lewis was drafted #26 in the first. Elite players are drafted everywhere. Winning college awards has never been a great indicator of NFL success Look at the Heisman. Pat Fitzgerald won two Nagurski's. Not a huge Laurinaitis fan but he's probably a decent value pick at 25.

johngarry
02-07-2009, 11:05 PM
Mel Kiper has a small pineal gland!!! (in case you're wonderin, it's in your brain)

skipp2myloo13
02-09-2009, 06:13 PM

awards mean nothing, go look at some of the best award winners over the past years then lets see where your argument lands you. and Laurinitis wont be a dolphin, even if there is a fire, because BP can see talent as apposed to over publicized overatedness that comes when u r even remotley good at big colleges.

Mazinator1027
02-09-2009, 09:34 PM
I'll be ecstatic if we land Laurinaitis. Our run defense, which as Dreamwalker has pointed out is actually quite poor, would immediately improve. We'd be able to blitz from ILB and keep the opposing OL guessing, we'd finally have a true leader for our defense, our pass coverage would instantly skyrocket, and we'd have the flexibility to blitz almost anyone on our defense without a major mismatch because Laurinaitis is good enough at ILB, WOLB, SOLB, coverage, blitzing, and anything else you'd need an ILB to do. He has Zach Thomas' instincts coupled with elite size and speed, and far more positional flexibility. He is exactly what we need.

:up: So true.

2413fanphins
02-09-2009, 09:38 PM
I'd be content with lil animal at 25. we are more than likely going to need somebody there at LB.

CHUNG I would be thrilled with at 2a. 2b, we could go other directions I guess.

wish the draft would hurry and arrive. I hate the waiting and guessing game.

studsatele
02-09-2009, 11:05 PM
please no to Laurinaitis!!!!!!
you got that right bud.

makaw
02-09-2009, 11:40 PM
lol at Raji going #4 to the Hawks

MrClean
02-10-2009, 12:20 AM

NO!!!!!!

TheBow305
02-10-2009, 02:17 AM

I really, truly hope that wasn't a serious question.