PDA

View Full Version : Scott Wright's "post senior bowl" Mock

JT-forpresident
02-05-2009, 09:26 AM
http://www.draftcountdown.com/sub/Mock-Draft-A.php

i'll let you guys find out who he's got in store for us

for my part, let's just say that i would be pleased. Right now, people might be surprised to see that linebacker in round one, but he's a football player like Parcells and Co. covet...

X-Pacolypse
02-05-2009, 10:26 AM
Clay Matthews? Still not sold on him as a first rounder, but I like the kid.

JT-forpresident
02-05-2009, 11:08 AM
as a first rounder i agree with you... at 44, i'd be happy

my biggest concern regarding him is he seems to be a bobby carpenter 2.0 in the way that he doesn't have a true position... but there's no denying that he'll come out and play every sunday

DENVERDOLFAN
02-05-2009, 12:12 PM
Not sold on Matthews there, but Smith and Iglesias wouldn't be bad.

WelcomeBack
02-05-2009, 12:23 PM
I really like Smith and Iglesias. Just not sure about Clay in the first yet.

DaytonaDolFan13
02-05-2009, 12:25 PM
Judging by what I have seen and heard about our first FA signee Cameron WAKE, I dont think we'll draft an OLB with that first selection.

I would prefer C ALEX MACK

DaytonaDolFan13
02-05-2009, 12:27 PM
1. Hakeem Nicks, WR, North Carolina
2a. Sean Smith, CB, Utah
2b. Patrick Chung, S, Oregon
----------------------------------------------------------
-Potentially 3 starters with first 3 picks, not to shabby.

WelcomeBack
02-05-2009, 12:37 PM
2a. Sean Smith, CB, Utah

I'm guessing you grabbed that from my sig?

Thanks. Still a lot to change everyone's mock though. Combine soon, and pro days. So much will change.

MrEd
02-05-2009, 01:02 PM
http://www.draftcountdown.com/sub/Mock-Draft-A.php

i'll let you guys find out who he's got in store for us

for my part, let's just say that i would be pleased. Right now, people might be surprised to see that linebacker in round one, but he's a football player like Parcells and Co. covet...

I'd rather have had Duke Robinson at #25, Louis Delmas at #44, and Macho Harris at #58 instead.

Then, at pick #98 select QB/KR/PR/WR Pat White.

ChambersWI
02-05-2009, 03:24 PM
would not complain about that mock, but not sure how I feel about Mathews in the first.

While I believe Wake will make a solid contribution for us, I think people are getting way too hopeful about what his production will be. Point being, OLB is still a need especially when you see how few sacks we got from anybody not named Joey Porter.

lbmclean_sj
02-05-2009, 03:45 PM
Matthews looks like Mickey Rourke's son

LouPhinFan
02-05-2009, 04:33 PM
Matthews...maybe with our 2B pick, but not our 1st.

skipp2myloo13
02-05-2009, 04:54 PM
2a. Sean Smith, CB, Utah

that sounds like a billy p draft, with no lbs on the team, a terrible o line and a old nt we will pick 3 skill guys, keep dreaming. chung is a bad pick we already have a great ss in bell

skipp2myloo13
02-05-2009, 04:56 PM
I'd rather have had Duke Robinson at #25, Louis Delmas at #44, and Macho Harris at #58 instead.

Then, at pick #98 select QB/KR/PR/WR Pat White.

Macho is not fast or athletic enough to be a big time CB, he would be great in special teams tho. oh and give up the pat white dream, we need backers,a center, and a NT before we pick a project

miami234ever
02-05-2009, 05:03 PM
I would personally hate the pick.

emeraldfin
02-05-2009, 05:47 PM
There's another mock that has us taking Matthews.

Can someone explain to me how this guy has gone from a mid 2nd rounder to a 1st rounder in the space of a two weeks without doing a whole lot in the Senior Bowl?

Oraclepz
02-05-2009, 06:27 PM
I dont know that pick scares me... if we were able to take him with 3rd or the 2b pick i wouldnt have a problem. Hes a 1 year wonder (that we know of) who probably has hit his ceiling and is a hard worker. I can see why parcell and co would like him. If we took him with our first pick, i would be extremely dissapointed.

WelcomeBack
02-05-2009, 07:38 PM
that sounds like a billy p draft, with no lbs on the team, a terrible o line and a old nt we will pick 3 skill guys, keep dreaming. chung is a bad pick we already have a great ss in bell

That was actually my mock I had in my sig this morning. Personally, I like Chung as a free safety.

But, I change my picks almost every day, so...don't take much stock in it yet.

cyesae
02-05-2009, 09:42 PM
he sucks and he is ugly

Caldolfan
02-06-2009, 02:32 AM
Like the last two picks. But I don't like Mathews, kinda reminds me of Eddie Moore, narrow body with some speed, but I think he will get pushed around in the NFL. I would rather have Clint Sintim from Virginia that would have been available at #25 on this mock.

@@@
02-06-2009, 06:05 AM
If it pans out that way i'd be looking

25. Louis Delmas
44. Hakeem Nicks
56. Jarron Gilbert

and after that first day nothing we did on day 2 couldn't dampen my enthusiasm about our draft (except taking Pat White :lol:)

Buff
02-06-2009, 09:50 AM
Cameron Wake should not alter what we do. Simply put, he has achieved nothing in the NFL, was cut twice I think, but tore it up in the CFL.

Too many people here are putting him down as the next Ray Lewis type footballer. I am sure that if Rey M, Clint Sintim, James L or any other prospect at LB is available in the draft when we pick, then they should be considered if not drafted.

Until Wake does something, then he is a prospect at best.

MiamiHitman13
02-06-2009, 10:40 AM
If we took Clay Matthews at #25, I would be extremely pissed off.

ChambersWI
02-06-2009, 11:08 AM
If we took Clay Matthews at #25, I would be extremely pissed off.

he's rising, and is a hardworker. Dunno how I feel about it yet, but as I said the other 2 picks are decent

TheBow305
02-06-2009, 03:09 PM
I'm ok with Matthews in the 1st IF we are able to get Sean Smith at 44. Clint Sintim would probably be better though.

But Iglesias is a terrible pick, and Eric Wood should be it there.

1. Clint Sintim
2. Sean Smith
2. Eric Wood

Now that would be nice!

dlockz
02-06-2009, 03:12 PM
There's another mock that has us taking Matthews.

Can someone explain to me how this guy has gone from a mid 2nd rounder to a 1st rounder in the space of a two weeks without doing a whole lot in the Senior Bowl?

Not sure happens alot in player movement though. Beck moved from a 4th rounder to a possible 2nd rounder. Not sure how Ginn moved all the way to 9 based on anything he did. matthews has been getting alot of hype though.

ArmyFin7
02-06-2009, 03:46 PM
Matthews remind me of Bobby Carpenter....seems to me that one really good linebacker can make the other look better. I just can't buy that all 3 of the USC linebackers are really rd. 1 talent. We saw what happened with Bobby Carpenter when he didn't have AJ Hawk.

JT-forpresident
02-06-2009, 03:53 PM
Matthews remind me of Bobby Carpenter....seems to me that one really good linebacker can make the other look better. I just can't buy that all 3 of the USC linebackers are really rd. 1 talent. We saw what happened with Bobby Carpenter when he didn't have AJ Hawk.

i share the same thoughts.... adding to that, he's similar to bobby carpenter in the way that he doesn't seem to have a true position... he might try to find himself in our roster. A little bit like bobby, or a more familiar case: jason allen :rolleyes2:

but you can't question his work ethic, his body frame, and the awesome bloodline

ArmyFin7
02-06-2009, 03:58 PM
Maybe we can just get hold of LT's DNA and have some Korean company clone us a younger version.

#1dolphinsfan
02-06-2009, 04:00 PM
Matthews isnt going first round

WelcomeBack
02-06-2009, 04:23 PM

The thing with Matthews is, he wasn't a linebacker for the Trojans this year.

The 3 linebackers were Rey Maualuga, Kaluka Maiava, and Brian Cushing. Pete Carroll felt that Matthews NEEDED to be on the field. He felt he must find some place for Clay, so he had him play defensive end opposite Kyle Moore this year.

Clay is a very hard worker and has done everything possible to work himself up.

However, I'm not sure about him in the first round, but he could get himself there.

PhinsTD
02-06-2009, 08:44 PM
When you aren't a great DE in college, and are the 4th best LB on your own college team, it's hard to put you in the first round no matter what you do at the Senior Bowl.

He's different from Bobby Carpenter in that he wasn't extremely successful in college, and Carpenter was. I have to believe the talent around him made up for a lot of his short falls. I truly hope we stay away from him. Too risky for a team that for all intents and purposes, is still building its roster. You take guys like that on day two and hope to hit on one.

If the players in this mock were still available, I'd hope we'd look at Sintim, Alphonso Smith, Louis Delmas, and Hakeem Nicks. Heyward-Bey only if the FO was sold on his potential being fulfilled.

SnakeoilSeller
02-06-2009, 08:55 PM
I like Clay Matthews, a lot better than Cushing - not as much as Maualaga, #25 might be a bit high. Duke Robinson #25 I like, Matthews @ #44 if possible.

finfan54
02-08-2009, 09:33 AM
I like the Sean Smith pick. I would think we need somebody to cover Randy Moss at 6-3 with that speed. Inglesias I would be happy with but I thought we would look for a taller receiver.

Clay Matthews is said to have upside. He has the bloodlines. Those things matter to BP. If the dude has a passion for the game and can do what they expect him to, then who is to diss BP for that? Remember, this regime turned Matt Roth into an OLB.

It makes me think Larry English is the guy after all. He has great moves and is quick.