PDA

View Full Version : New Yahoo Sports Mock draft

dlockz
02-05-2009, 07:20 PM
Just for you view
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ys-draftmock020409&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

I think I just threw up in my mouth on the first and third pick for us.

SpaceMountain16
02-05-2009, 07:26 PM
If we take Pat White i think i'd rip down my house with my bare hands.

dlockz
02-05-2009, 07:27 PM

Im with you. Let me see we need corners, dt , wr Ol and we take a friggin player without a position. No thanks

SpaceMountain16
02-05-2009, 07:29 PM
Im with you. Let me see we need corners, dt , wr Ol and we take a friggin player without a position. No thanks

I guess this writer assumes White would be the Wild Cat dream. But i'm not in favor of drafting a player just to use in certain formations, that's just silly.

esafille
02-05-2009, 07:31 PM
Just for you view

What the hell are they thinking? Three picks in the first two rounds, and they don't think any of them will be a WR? That's probably our biggest need

SpaceMountain16
02-05-2009, 07:34 PM
What the hell are they thinking? Three picks in the first two rounds, and they don't think any of them will be a WR? That's probably our biggest need

I don't think WR is a "crippling" need, but i think it's something they ought to look at if they have any hopes of getting to the next level. They most certainly need players in the secondary and both sides of the line of scrimmage.

BillsFanInPeace
02-05-2009, 07:35 PM
And yet again the writers at Yahoo open their mouth in insert their foots.

Though I do like the Bills Pick, seeing Orakpo is gone

DefensiveEnd76
02-05-2009, 07:39 PM
Pat White measured only 6'0" and 190 pounds at the Senior Bowl. He is really scrawny. His only shot in the NFL would be as a WR.

dlockz
02-05-2009, 07:40 PM
I guess this writer assumes White would be the Wild Cat dream. But i'm not in favor of drafting a player just to use in certain formations, that's just silly.

I personally would be glad if I never saw it again. would be our stupidest pick since Jamal Fletcher.

dlockz
02-05-2009, 07:41 PM
I don't think WR is a "crippling" need, but i think it's something they ought to look at if they have any hopes of getting to the next level. They most certainly need players in the secondary and both sides of the line of scrimmage.

i am all for best available player unless its RB or Qb.

Vaark
02-05-2009, 07:42 PM
Anyone can throw those up. We've drafted Lanford and Merling.. why would we draft another DE??? This guy's credibility flew out the window with that one - no need to look any further.

However, this is the 2nd mock I've seen Sanchez going at 10 to SF which does seem plausible (1 had him going 3rd to KC). I do hope this comes to pass. Over at Jest sump dump forum, they're drooling over the possibility of either trading up or having him fall to them at I think 16. Sanchez, from what I've seen, and more importantly read, appears to be a Carson Palmer like real deal - so I sure don't want the puke green anywhere near him.
http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

SpaceMountain16
02-05-2009, 07:43 PM
i am all for best available player unless its RB or Qb.

Nah, i still think they have specific needs that do not merit the luxury of taking the best player available. I'm not too much of a college guru, but if a good safety/CB falls i think they definitely need to look at that. Certainly any stud defensive linemen remaining late in the first round.

SpaceMountain16
02-05-2009, 07:45 PM
Anyone can throw those up. We've drafted Lanford and Merling.. why would we draft another DE??? This guy's credibility flew out the window with that one - no need to look any further.

However, this is the 2nd mock I've seen Sanchez going at 10 to SF which does seem plausible (1 had him going 3rd to KC). I do hope this comes to pass. Over at Jest sump dump forum, they're drooling over the possibility of either trading up or having him fall to them at I think 16. Sanchez, from what I've seen, and more importantly read, appears to be a Carson Palmer like real deal - so I sure don't want the puke green anywhere near him.

As Holliday ages and with the way this defensive line struggled to create ANY pressure at times this season, i don't think drafting another DE is too ridiculous. They could always move Langford back inside to DT, he'd have to put on a little more weight though i don't think he'd quite 300lbs.

dm416
02-05-2009, 07:46 PM
I wouldn't mind taking Pat White, but not on the 1st day

dlockz
02-05-2009, 07:50 PM
Nah, i still think they have specific needs that do not merit the luxury of taking the best player available. I'm not too much of a college guru, but if a good safety/CB falls i think they definitely need to look at that. Certainly any stud defensive linemen remaining late in the first round.

I agree if its a tackle, I dont want another De type unless they project as a 3-4 linebacker.

MustangFinFan
02-05-2009, 07:51 PM
The Free Safety pick sounds great...but i see they say Alex Mack is going in the 2nd ground...hmm idk about that.

if Mack is available when we pick in the first, id take him. Satele surely isnt getting things done. he can be a good backup Center tho

dlockz
02-05-2009, 07:51 PM

Unless its round 7 I dont want him. Not saying he is not a solid prospect but he is a waste for us.

Oraclepz
02-05-2009, 07:54 PM
And yet again the writers at Yahoo open their mouth in insert their foots.

Though I do like the Bills Pick, seeing Orakpo is gone

WOW i havent seen you around here in a while....

Nublar7
02-05-2009, 08:11 PM
That was actually a pretty bad mock draft. Pat White in the second round? What the heck? If you are going to take a QB in the second round, that means you likely have pretty decent expectations on him and figure he will contend for the starting job at some point. We are not in need of finding a QB this year. Pennington is the guy right now, and Henne was drafted in the second round last year to groom to become the future starter. There is no way we take another QB early again, simply because there is no need to.

Sure Pat White would be an intriguing player to use in the Wildcat formation, but you don't spend a second round pick on a guy because of one formation. Plus, Ronnie Brown did just fine in that role and proved he was the best in the league at it.

I highly doubt we take a QB in the draft at all. The only way I see one being selected, is if Beck is moved in a trade and we need to draft someone in the later rounds(6 or 7) to fill the third spot. Even if a Beck trade does happen, drafting a QB is not a necessity as we can fill that void with a veteran FA or even go the UDFA route.

Pat White for this team is not worth taking unless he falls into round 5.

On top of that, I don't think a DE will be the route we go in round one. We drafted two DEs in the first three rounds last year and we have bigger holes to fill.

On top of the bad picks this mock has for us, they didn't even get the draft slots correct for us. We pick 44th and 56th in the second round, not 45th and 57th.

X-Pacolypse
02-05-2009, 08:31 PM
Aside from Delmas, that mock sucks.

TheBow305
02-05-2009, 09:31 PM

Exactly! And if we passed on Eric Wood in favor of White, I would seriously be ill.

Same goes for Johnson over Vontae Davis and Sean Smith.

Delmas is a great pick though!

Dtronic
02-06-2009, 12:17 AM

I did that once.

Well just parts of the outside walls. I don't drink straight vodka now....

MrClean
02-06-2009, 03:44 AM
I did that once.

Well just parts of the outside walls. I don't drink straight vodka now....

I've never torn my complete house down because of a Dolphins draft pick, that would be silly,;) but I did throw the living room couch through the front window when we drafted Billy Milner. :boohoo:

That was the final clue to me that Shula had lost the ability to draft rationally. :(

@@@
02-06-2009, 05:58 AM
If Nicks made it past 40 then trading up a spot or 2 would be tempting and Delmas would be nice at 44. White is a ridiculous pick maybe look at Tyrone Green there

emeraldfin
02-06-2009, 08:59 AM
Just for you view

Whats wrong with the 1st pick Michael Johnson?

He is one of the best pass rushers in the draft. He will be a DE in a 4-3 but a OLB in the 3-4. He measures up at 6'7 270LBS and has great burst off the snap. I would be alot happier with Johnson than Clay Matthews which some sites have us taking.

rev kev
02-06-2009, 09:21 AM
http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

VAARK please stop...! I cannot take it anymore..., the Jets surrender..., the white flag signalling defeat..., I can't stop laughing..., I might wet myself...

dlockz
02-06-2009, 12:55 PM
Whats wrong with the 1st pick Michael Johnson?

He is one of the best pass rushers in the draft. He will be a DE in a 4-3 but a OLB in the 3-4. He measures up at 6'7 270LBS and has great burst off the snap. I would be alot happier with Johnson than Clay Matthews which some sites have us taking.

I think both players are reaches at this pick. If we were to pass on Vontae Davis or higher rated players for johnson I would definately be upset. This draft has some major problems anyway with Moreno lasting to 29.

JimToss
02-06-2009, 02:12 PM
This mock is absolute dog food.