PDA

View Full Version : Mike Mayock says Louis Delmas draft's best FS!

MrEd
02-05-2009, 11:47 PM
http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story?id=09000d5d80dff358&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

I think this guy should be seriously considered at pick #25. He looks like the perfect player to man the FS spot for years to come...

GoonBoss
02-05-2009, 11:54 PM
This was the same guy that said Jake couldn't play OLT, IIRC.

rev kev
02-05-2009, 11:55 PM

Yes the kiss of death

MrEd
02-05-2009, 11:56 PM

Mayock never said Jake Long "couldn't" play LT. He actually said the opposite. He said that Jake Long could be a "good starting LT, but a Pro Bowl RT...." Those were his exact words.

Nevertheless, we need a stud FS. Delmas looks like the guy for us. Plus Ireland and Co. were really focusing on this guy during the Senior Bowl.

studsatele
02-06-2009, 12:16 AM
if they believe he can help. i say take him. i trust the fecta totally.

GoonBoss
02-06-2009, 12:28 AM
Mayock never said Jake Long "couldn't" play LT. He actually said the opposite. He said that Jake Long could be a "good starting LT, but a Pro Bowl RT...." Those were his exact words.

Nevertheless, we need a stud FS. Delmas looks like the guy for us. Plus Ireland and Co. were really focusing on this guy during the Senior Bowl.

I don't follow the gurus very closely, because they aren't right very often.....I stand corrected if that's what he said.

Oraclepz
02-06-2009, 01:41 AM

well if thats what he said then he was wrong, because Jake is already a PROBOWL LEFT TACKLE!!!

rev kev
02-06-2009, 08:50 AM

Mayock said you don't spend a 1st round 1st overall pick on a good starting LT or a a Pro Bowl RT...

rev kev
02-06-2009, 08:52 AM

Mayock said you don't spend a 1st round 1st overall pick on a good starting LT or a a Pro Bowl RT...

3rdandinches
02-06-2009, 09:48 AM
L.Delmas would be a great fit for us, it will be a real interesting decision JI will have to make if Delmas, English, Sintim, Hicks, Robinson, Cushing, Maybin were all or some available when we pick.

finfan54
02-08-2009, 09:40 AM
Its Delmas or larry English to me so far....thats...so far...

skipp2myloo13
02-08-2009, 09:45 AM
L.Delmas would be a great fit for us, it will be a real interesting decision JI will have to make if Delmas, English, Sintim, Hicks, Robinson, Cushing, Maybin were all or some available when we pick.

forget cushings, he wont be there, Nicks isnt even in the reasoning of the FO. Delmas is good, but i cant see them passing up a lb. imo i want delmas, at 44, with english, sintam at 25, or delmas at 25 and clay mathews at 44. either way we get what we need

MrEd
02-08-2009, 10:44 AM

Yeah, and if you paid attention to Mayock's mock draft...he still had us taking him. :rolleyes2:

Valandui
02-08-2009, 01:06 PM
From all of the reports I have read on Delmas, he sounds to me like the FS version of Zach Thomas. He is average in terms of physical skills, maybe a bit undersized, but he makes up for it with great intangibles, work ethic, and instincts. The more I research this guy, the more I want us to get him.

skipp2myloo13
02-08-2009, 01:15 PM
From all of the reports I have read on Delmas, he sounds to me like the FS version of Zach Thomas. He is average in terms of physical skills, maybe a bit undersized, but he makes up for it with great intangibles, work ethic, and instincts. The more I research this guy, the more I want us to get him.

wow, i like that comparison, however i think delmas has more talent than zach did on paper. but as we have seen means nothing. i also like this kid.

rev kev
02-09-2009, 12:52 AM
Yeah, and if you paid attention to Mayock's mock draft...he still had us taking him. :rolleyes2:

Umm..., I am not wrong... I listened to Mayock on radio last year with Mike and Mike and Mayock said..., Matt Ryan was his no.1 and that Miami was going to draft Jake Long or Chris Long but he said he wouldn't take a good player at LT..., who projects as a pro bowl RT first overall :rolleyes2: and I'm sticking to it ED...

So while it's fair that he had Miami selecting a Long he was uncomfortable with that selection with franchise QB staring Miami in the face..., ask those who were paying attention to the Matty Ice posts and such... we went over this at nauea...

Valandui
02-09-2009, 01:22 AM
Umm..., I am not wrong... I listened to Mayock on radio last year with Mike and Mike and Mayock said..., Matt Ryan was his no.1 and that Miami was going to draft Jake Long or Chris Long but he said he wouldn't take a good player at LT..., who projects as a pro bowl RT first overall :rolleyes2: and I'm sticking to it ED...

So while it's fair that he had Miami selecting a Long he was uncomfortable with that selection with franchise QB staring Miami in the face..., ask those who were paying attention to the Matty Ice posts and such... we went over this at nauea...
Mayock annoyed the crap out of me last season. He insisted, even after we had already started negotiations with Jake, that we would take Matt Ryan. It turned out after the fact (can't remember were I read it) that he was close friends with Matt Ryan and his family. In retrospect he turned out to be right about Ryan, but it was apparent that a lot of the hype he was giving him had to do with the family relationship (similar to our taking Ginn because of Cam Cam's relationship with his dad).