PDA

View Full Version : Arod tested positive for steroids

C-HUCKS
02-07-2009, 11:45 AM
Just saw on espn that AROD tested positive for steroids in 2003 when he played for the Rangers. I kinda suspected this for awhile his numbers were just too high not to be using steroids.

Nappy Roots
02-07-2009, 11:55 AM
link?!?

C-HUCKS
02-07-2009, 12:00 PM
link?!?

Sorry Bro.. No link but it is breaking news on ESPN, Just tune into to Sporscenter today, I am sure it will be talked about all day.

Nappy Roots
02-07-2009, 12:05 PM
gotcha. im at work, but i just a call from a friend

BARF
02-07-2009, 12:07 PM
Lmao

BARF
02-07-2009, 12:09 PM
Aroid

WISfinfan13
02-07-2009, 12:38 PM
Sad, Sad, Sad

I was holding out that A-Rod was legit. My head told me he used, but my heart said he didnt. A-Rod is now gunna officially be know as A-Fraud. It will be interesting how he handles this. But overall another sad day for major league baseball. I just want this all to go away.

benelli1979
02-07-2009, 12:40 PM
Here is the http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3890785: (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3890785)

Roman529
02-07-2009, 02:07 PM
Just saw on espn that AROD tested positive for steroids in 2003 when he played for the Rangers. I kinda suspected this for awhile his numbers were just too high not to be using steroids.

I knew A-Fraud Purple Lips had to be juicing. I think he won the MVP for the Texas Rangers that year? No way a guy his size is hitting those power numbers year after year without some help. Sucks for the Yank-mes. :wink:

tylerdolphin
02-07-2009, 05:56 PM
Jose Canseco is sitting next to his TV right now laughing himself to tears saying "I told you so". I think its safe to say anyone he named in his books are users after this one.

CedarPhin
02-07-2009, 08:28 PM
Lol.

Flip Tanneflop
02-07-2009, 09:58 PM
A-Roid. What a joke.

There is one thing that has bothered me since this broke earlier. Everytime I see it on the news they seem to suggest that just because A-Roid tested positive, that somehow that suggests almost everyone in the game was on roids. Since when has A-Roid been some kind of golden boy that sets the standard for character in MLB? And yea, I think a TON of players were on roids, but not just now because A-Roid tested positive back then.

Why does it stun anyone anyway that A-Roid was/is a juicer? The guy put up huge numbers that when I was a kid were unthinkable. Sure every now and then someone would put up a monster season like that, but over the last 10 years or so, its common to see people put up numbers in that territory every year. Some do it for several seasons, some do it once maybe twice. But, it seems every season there are multiple players with ridiculous power numbers. To me the last person to hit a legit 50 HRs off the top of my head was Cecil. All these other guys have been doing it in seasons that plenty of others had numbers close or better.

I wish baseball would just open the whole thing up and put out there everyone that did roids in that era out in the open and try and move forward, putting this bs behind. It seems like alot of numbers are declining and less and less people are doing roids these days.

C-HUCKS
02-08-2009, 12:51 AM
A-Roid. What a joke.

There is one thing that has bothered me since this broke earlier. Everytime I see it on the news they seem to suggest that just because A-Roid tested positive, that somehow that suggests almost everyone in the game was on roids. Since when has A-Roid been some kind of golden boy that sets the standard for character in MLB? And yea, I think a TON of players were on roids, but not just now because A-Roid tested positive back then.

Why does it stun anyone anyway that A-Roid was/is a juicer? The guy put up huge numbers that when I was a kid were unthinkable. Sure every now and then someone would put up a monster season like that, but over the last 10 years or so, its common to see people put up numbers in that territory every year. Some do it for several seasons, some do it once maybe twice. But, it seems every season there are multiple players with ridiculous power numbers. To me the last person to hit a legit 50 HRs off the top of my head was Cecil. All these other guys have been doing it in seasons that plenty of others had numbers close or better.

I wish baseball would just open the whole thing up and put out there everyone that did roids in that era out in the open and try and move forward, putting this bs behind. It seems like alot of numbers are declining and less and less people are doing roids these days.

Did you forget about Ken Griiffey. He hit 50 hrs a couple of times after Cecil. He is the one player whose talent was overlooked because of the huge numbers the guys on roids were also putting up. The guy had the perfect baseball swing. To bad he was hurt for a couple of seasons due to injury.

Dolfan3773
02-08-2009, 01:48 AM
I'm not an A-Rod fan but damn man, the legacy of baseball is getting so tarnished with all this steroid ****...pisses me off

tylerdolphin
02-08-2009, 03:29 AM
Did you forget about Ken Griiffey. He hit 50 hrs a couple of times after Cecil. He is the one player whose talent was overlooked because of the huge numbers the guys on roids were also putting up. The guy had the perfect baseball swing. To bad he was hurt for a couple of seasons due to injury.
Id like to believe that Griffey was clean. But at this point, calling anyone in that era clean is a question mark. I want to believe he is though.

On a side note, I do know one player who for a fact was never on roids. I met Greg Maddux to a pool one day with his shirt off. I can assure you he has NEVER juiced :lol:

Bumpus
02-08-2009, 12:15 PM
Yet another reason why MLB has become a total joke.

dreday
02-08-2009, 01:14 PM
Another one bites the dust....

C-HUCKS
02-08-2009, 11:22 PM
Id like to believe that Griffey was clean. But at this point, calling anyone in that era clean is a question mark. I want to believe he is though.

On a side note, I do know one player who for a fact was never on roids. I met Greg Maddux to a pool one day with his shirt off. I can assure you he has NEVER juiced :lol:

You are right anyone almost any player in that era is under question. I would like to think Griffey is clean though because he has never once been linked to steroids. And he has such a sweet swing, I think if he wasn't injured he would have legitimatly challanged Aaron's HR record. To me Hammerin Hank & Marris still hold the sacred homerun records. The other guys Bonds, Mcgwire,Sosa, &Arod are just frauds, who cheat in order to excell. They all should be kept out of the Hall OF FAME

Chubby
02-09-2009, 04:22 PM
http://www.miamiherald.com/news/breaking-news/story/895674.html

Perfect Response case closed!

Someone should investigate how the SI reporter received this information. The results were supposed to be Private and held in security. This is the true crime in this all.
Chubbs

X-Pacolypse
02-09-2009, 05:08 PM
Yet another reason why MLB has become a total joke.

Agreed. I don't know how baseball purists can continue to stand up for it.

Tpaddle
02-09-2009, 06:00 PM
well he just admitted to taking steroids from 2001-2003 on ESPN...i def. give him props for coming out with it unlike bonds/clemens...i guess he learned from pettitte's situation

Kdawg954
02-10-2009, 09:57 AM
well he just admitted to taking steroids from 2001-2003 on ESPN...i def. give him props for coming out with it unlike bonds/clemens...i guess he learned from pettitte's situation

Yea I mean what people fail to realize is that there really was no penalty for using roids at the time. MLB didn't care so why should the players care if it helped them get better numbers and a greater legacy to earn even bigger contracts.

This whole steriod issue is soooo blown out of proportion by fans and media that it is disgusting.

Why do people call it cheating when there was no penalty for getting caught at the time. When the league changed its policy regarding steriod use, Arod stopped, as did many others . . . just because some chose not to engage in steriod use doesn't mean we shoudl crucify the ones who did.

When u LIE about it, like Clemens, and Palmero and McGwire, and guys like that . . . that is when u look dumb. Atleast Arod gave a good testimony yesterday and I can respect him for that. Hey u did what u did, it wasn't considered a bad thing at the time, and that is it.

Who is to say that Hank Aaron, or Micky Mantle didn't have some sort of "steriod" in their time . . . there is just so much speculation that I don't know what to believe. People have some nerve wanting to put asterisks by somebody's name because they tried to enhance themselve physically while it was LEGAL to do in baseball at the time.

And please, when the NFL starts getting serious about testing football players I'm pretty sure the blinded fans will have the same reactions like "oh what a disgrace", fact is, it is part of the game, and until the NFL REALLY cracks down on steriods, it will continue to be. I mean they want to suspend and criticize Ricky Williams for smoking weed, but let steriod freaks runs wild in the NFL and maybe catch one or 2 . . . I just hate the double standard overall in the big American sports.

Flip Tanneflop
02-10-2009, 01:50 PM
Yea I mean what people fail to realize is that there really was no penalty for using roids at the time. MLB didn't care so why should the players care if it helped them get better numbers and a greater legacy to earn even bigger contracts.

This whole steriod issue is soooo blown out of proportion by fans and media that it is disgusting.

Why do people call it cheating when there was no penalty for getting caught at the time. When the league changed its policy regarding steriod use, Arod stopped, as did many others . . . just because some chose not to engage in steriod use doesn't mean we shoudl crucify the ones who did.

When u LIE about it, like Clemens, and Palmero and McGwire, and guys like that . . . that is when u look dumb. Atleast Arod gave a good testimony yesterday and I can respect him for that. Hey u did what u did, it wasn't considered a bad thing at the time, and that is it.

Who is to say that Hank Aaron, or Micky Mantle didn't have some sort of "steriod" in their time . . . there is just so much speculation that I don't know what to believe. People have some nerve wanting to put asterisks by somebody's name because they tried to enhance themselve physically while it was LEGAL to do in baseball at the time.

And please, when the NFL starts getting serious about testing football players I'm pretty sure the blinded fans will have the same reactions like "oh what a disgrace", fact is, it is part of the game, and until the NFL REALLY cracks down on steriods, it will continue to be. I mean they want to suspend and criticize Ricky Williams for smoking weed, but let steriod freaks runs wild in the NFL and maybe catch one or 2 . . . I just hate the double standard overall in the big American sports.

Great ****ing post.

And Im sick of baseball getting a bad rap about all of this. Baseball has far fewer problems than alot of other sports. The whole thing is WAAAAAAAY overblown.

And if you dont think there are roids in football youre kidding yourself. The Steelers had their whole OL on roids for 2 Super Bowl years. Get real.

BobDole
02-10-2009, 03:58 PM
i'm already sick of hearing about it. this whole thing just needs to go away - nothing good can come of it at this point. we get it. let it go.

but baseball did take a pretty big hit with this. a-rod is baseball's golden boy - this is just like tom brady or lebron james getting caught.

Rixon
02-11-2009, 04:54 PM
Alex did not break any rules.

Ferretsquig
02-11-2009, 05:54 PM
Alex did not break any rules.

No breaking of the rules.....just a few felony drug offenses.