PDA

View Full Version : Etta James vs. Beyonce

BAMAPHIN 22
02-07-2009, 09:35 PM
What a difference a few months can make. When Cadillac Records opened in December,James, 71, and Beyoncé, 27, who portrays her in the film, walked the red carpet together at the premiere. During a concert in Seattle last week, James knocked the singer's performance of At Last at the inauguration. "You guys know your president, right?" she began. "I tell you that woman he had singing for him, singing my song — she's going to get her a - - whupped. . . . I can't stand Beyoncé. She has no business up there, singing up there on a big ol' president day, gonna be singing my song that I've been singing forever." James told New York's Daily News Thursday that she was kidding and that the jokes were "not from a vicious place."
http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/Oscars/story?id=6823185&page=1

dreday
02-08-2009, 02:16 PM
“At Last” was written and first song by Glen Miller, so Etta can’t claim this song to be hers.

BUT

Luther Vandross is not the original singer of "A House Is Not A Home" and Whitney is not the first singer of "I Will Always Love You", but still those are their signature songs that they turned into classics. Same with Etta.

Oh and I think Etta was for sure serious.