PDA

View Full Version : I know there is a story there.

Rustedsalvo
02-08-2009, 12:42 AM
Hey, off season is getting old already...I just figured it would be fun to find out how everyone came up with thier screen names. Most have a cool story.

Mine is: I grew up on a camp in Maine, I have a best friend named Josh. We spent all summer on the lake, fishing, swimming ect. Well, i am quite the horrible canoe driver. so the ONE and only time he actually let me steer (his canoe he bought from LLBean with his own money) i crashed it into some pretty brutal rocks....Any way, i got my name from him.

He called me Rusted Salvo, He invisioned my Character Rusted, as an ex Viet-nam vet who is only content when he is breaking stuff. He actually made me a drawing on a canoe with a lit cigar ramming rocks purely out of pent up rage. Anyway, the name stuck all these years.(in the days of Golden Eye, Command and Conquer 1, perfect dark ect, it became my screen name.

So how did you get your name. If you couldn't use your original because it was taken, what is your original?

PS. if you play games on a PS3. My handle is RustedSalvo without a space. I play Madden (three time NV reno champ and i always use Miami. Even if the team is not that good, i always dig deeper to enusre that i never let miami lose.) Call of Duty 5 (play it daily right now) and Resistance 2. OH and soon to be Killzone 2. Let me know..I love playing against new people.

Nublar7
02-08-2009, 12:47 AM
For me, Jurassic Park is my favorite movie, and Isla Nublar is the island where the park is. The 7 in the name has no significant meaning other then I wanted to distinguish myself from other uses of Nublar.

The whole Jurassic Park theme is pretty evident in my Avatar and Signature.

Rhody Phins Fan
02-08-2009, 01:06 AM
I'm from Rhode Island. That pretty much sums it up.

BrewMan13
02-08-2009, 01:31 AM
I use one of 2 different names on all internet sites I frequent: the one I have here and AlienZombie. I figured BrewMan13 was more appropriate for this site, so I went with it. Despite my love for beer and homebrewing, its actually a college nickname derived from a *******ization of Newsted (as in, Jason Newsted, as in, Metallica's former bassist, who I share the same 1st name with). If you dont know where the 13 comes from, you shouldnt be on a dolphins site :up:

PhinzN703
02-08-2009, 01:37 AM
Spurs fan living in Virginia (Area code 703)

Locke
02-08-2009, 06:09 AM
My screen name is my middle name, which is the name most people use for me. If anyone isn't familiar with philosophy, one of the great British philosophers was John Locke, whom I was given the name after. You'd think people would realize, but I wasn't named after the character from Lost. I'm 25 years old, that show is like 4 years old, how would that even be possible...?

CedarPhin
02-08-2009, 10:26 AM
I take my name from the Cedar Tree of Lebanon. I'm not Lebanese, but I really love the country.

Nappy Roots
02-08-2009, 01:17 PM
Im from the Dirty South, so there for my "roots" are "nappy"

Nublar7
02-08-2009, 01:49 PM
My screen name is my middle name, which is the name most people use for me. If anyone isn't familiar with philosophy, one of the great British philosophers was John Locke, whom I was given the name after. You'd think people would realize, but I wasn't named after the character from Lost. I'm 25 years old, that show is like 4 years old, how would that even be possible...?If you have seen the show, you know that time travel is now part of the story line. Just saying. ;)