PDA

View Full Version : Blade Runner

Tetragrammaton
02-11-2009, 12:26 AM
I have never seen this movie. I went to find it on Netflix, and there are so many different versions. Directors cut, original cut, final cut. Does anyone know which I should watch?

ih8brady
02-11-2009, 01:41 AM
I'd recommend the Final Cut, I think it is the most satisfying and complete. There's three elements that cause the variation of BR editions. 1) A voice over by the narrator, which is unnecessary but bearable imho 2) ending (original=happy clear-cut, new ending=ambiguous, unknown) and a very brief dream sequence added 3) some minor errors that all but the Final Cut have but were fixed during the making of the FC.

Original: Original ending, narration, errors
92 Director's Cut: Ending changed, narration removed, errors still exist, added dream scene
Final Cut: almost same as director's cut except errors are removed, more violence shown and a few lines of extra dialogue. Visually superior to her already amazing looking predecessors.

You can always rent the FC and check out the original ending, deleted scenes, narration, etc., on youtube and whathaveyou but it's up to you.