PDA

View Full Version : London calling: Draft winds IV

JT-forpresident
02-11-2009, 12:57 AM
http://weblogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports/columnists/hyde/blog/2009/02/london_calling_draft_winds_iii.html

another good read from our pal Boomer, keep'em coming simon :up:

edit: i would kill somebody if new england drafted Rashad Johnson ... especially if he turns out to be a stud in the pros

FearTheBeard
02-11-2009, 02:12 AM
our habs are in deep ****

X-Pacolypse
02-11-2009, 07:50 PM
I definately enjoyed the write up on the WR's. Boomer, how do you feel about Marshall's Darius Passmore? He's guy that piques my interest. What say you?

RoninFin4
02-12-2009, 12:44 AM
Da'Quan Bowers was just disgusting for a freshman. Boomer, as always, fantastic read - look forward to it every Tuesday.

Dolfan4life34
02-12-2009, 12:48 AM
boomer tht was a great read i was wondering what you thought of antonio dixon as a nose tackle form our very own hurricanes. Last year it looked like he would be a third round pick this ear but he spent the season hurt i think he could be a good late round find wanted expert oppinion.

phinfan33
02-12-2009, 01:18 AM
Boomer,great read once again...i always learn more each time i read one of your blogs...Thanks for taking the time to do them...

Boomer
02-12-2009, 06:45 AM
I definately enjoyed the write up on the WR's. Boomer, how do you feel about Marshall's Darius Passmore? He's guy that piques my interest. What say you?

He's a little under the radar, but he has good length, great speed and has been productive wherever he's been. My issue is that he's very slight and could do with throwing on some weight because he's going to get punished in the NFL otherwise.

Boomer
02-12-2009, 06:46 AM
Da'Quan Bowers was just disgusting for a freshman. Boomer, as always, fantastic read - look forward to it every Tuesday.

Cheers Ronin. Yep - disgusting is a great word for him.

Boomer
02-12-2009, 06:46 AM
boomer tht was a great read i was wondering what you thought of antonio dixon as a nose tackle form our very own hurricanes. Last year it looked like he would be a third round pick this ear but he spent the season hurt i think he could be a good late round find wanted expert oppinion.

If you scroll down to the questions and comments bit after the blog, I talk a little about Dixon. ;)

JT-forpresident
02-12-2009, 09:28 AM
boomer, i was simply wondering why aren't those articles on FH's mainpage ? many people forget to check out dave hyde's blog, therefore they have to be reported by...me, for instance, lol

it would be more simple and would give more visibility to your articles if you asked FH to publish them on their main page... or would it ?

i wanted to PM you about this but your inbox is full and i can't send you any so ... anyways i don't really mind, because i go find those articles myself and i don't miss a heartbeat, but i'm caring more about the other members by inquiring all this...

BTW i hope you don't mind if i post the links to your work here...

Green Phin
02-12-2009, 12:40 PM
Message for Tony who wrote "So let me get this straight. Some dude in "London" is an expert on the NFL draft, and of Miami's prospects, and is writing this exhaustive analysis on his own time and then emailing it to Hyde who "then" posts it on his blog? Come on. What is this, a postmodern novel circa 1980, updated for the blog age? Who is the real author behind "Hyde" and "Simon." This is too effing insane to believe"

Dude, become a FH member, and you'll see that Boomer and CK are better than most NFL analysts who get paid for their words.

Boomer, thank you for following my UNC boys. How good is to be a Tar Heel today!

ckparrothead
02-12-2009, 12:53 PM
Juan Huron is the gift that keeps on giving...

Boomer
02-12-2009, 01:21 PM
Lol!!

JT-forpresident
02-12-2009, 01:37 PM
Juan Huron is the gift that keeps on giving...

that was uncalled for lol

thejetssuck
02-12-2009, 07:56 PM
The is NOOO way Juan Huron falls to us in the draft this year!! We could never be that lucky!

AceofSpades
02-12-2009, 09:08 PM
Simon - if you could take one guy who may very well be available at 25 (i.e. not a scenario in which Michael Oher falls to us) who would you choose at this moment?

My vote is for Peria Jerry. Ferguson's not getting any younger, and the way you start putting together a strong defense is by stopping the run.

emeraldfin
02-13-2009, 09:50 AM
Great to see Frantz Joseph getting some love. Really like the kid from Florida Altantic and would be well worth a pick in around the 5th or 6th round.

PHINANALYST
02-15-2009, 01:37 PM
I'd be pretty satisfied with Caldwell, Ayers and Delmas come draft day ....

Boomer, spectacular as always !

Boomer
02-15-2009, 05:54 PM
Simon - if you could take one guy who may very well be available at 25 (i.e. not a scenario in which Michael Oher falls to us) who would you choose at this moment?

My vote is for Peria Jerry. Ferguson's not getting any younger, and the way you start putting together a strong defense is by stopping the run.

That's really tough Ace.....if we're looking at a guy who "may well be available", well I'd say Oher MAY well be available, it just depends how teams view his remarkable off field red flags. Another guy with some red flags who I'd probably choose is Rey Maualuga. I've been heavily critical of him because of his obvious flaws. But what he brings in terms of a sideline to sideline, downhiller intimidator and tone setter is something we don't have at a need position.

Peria Jerry would certainly be interesting. I'm a big fan of two guys in the secondary; Louis Delmas at FS and DJ Moore at CB. I think both are going to be big time ball players in the NFL.

Boomer
02-15-2009, 05:54 PM
I'd also draft Andre Smith and play him at guard if he fell to us. Without a seconds hesitation.