PDA

View Full Version : Deputies: Ohio Teacher Cut Class For Prostitution

BAMAPHIN 22
02-11-2009, 06:02 PM
Authorities say an Ohio fourth-grade teacher had a side job as a prostitute, and even skipped class after using a school computer to arrange an afternoon tryst at a motel.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/02/11/ap/strange/main4792975.shtml

Bumpus
02-12-2009, 08:03 AM
Teachers need to be better paid.

That in no way excuses her behavior, I just like saying it ...
Teachers need to be better paid!

PhinzN703
02-12-2009, 11:30 AM
Another reason once I have kids I'll lock them in the basement all day to shield them from the evil world of public schools

Vaark
02-12-2009, 12:33 PM
Having her as a teacher, so to speak, no doubt turned out to be a seminal experience for a few of her students.

Tetragrammaton
02-12-2009, 04:10 PM
This country should be ashamed by what they pay teachers.

Vaark
02-13-2009, 08:53 AM
This country should be ashamed by what they pay teachers.

Agreed.. but with the caveat that teachers should be held to a much higher standard than they presently are with less job security than they unconditionally have. My cousin's a long-term dedicated teacher with masters and teaching credentials up the wazoo but even she agrees that many of her peers over the years have taught since they couldn't or weren't motivated to do anything else. I've seen uncaring, apathetic and incompetent teachers first-hand for many years as a hands-on dad of a son who tested over 130 IQ but was an apathetic, unmotivated student. So this is a hot-button topic for me.

Bottom-line, those dedicated teachers who they themselves grade out well on a yearly review basis, who participate in continuing education and prove themselves to be the kind of instructors who can influence if not change a child's life deserve to be paid a kings ransom after passing through a higher standard than we presently use. Those who don't should no longer enjoy any job security under civil service or union agreements and be unsympathetically shown the door.

Bumpus
02-14-2009, 07:03 PM
Works for me, Vaark.

GoonBoss
02-14-2009, 11:19 PM
I'm sure it came as a shock to teachers what sort of money they make......Considering that the salaries teachers make is a closely held state secret that one is not capable of knowing before one takes on the job.

If I take a job as "Scrotum Kickee", and, I'm told that I'm going to be kicked in the balls repeatedly as a job, I'm not going to be surprised when I get kicked in the balls.

Nothing against the teachers in the discussion...But, did you not know somehow? I deserve to make more money too. Don't we all really? I raised three young men that don't steal, lie, cheat, or commit crimes against society. Isn't that at least as much as teachers that have my kids one hour a day do? How about the teacher that yelled at my youngest kid and called him stupid this year? I actually, briefly thought about tracking him down and kicking the **** out of him in the parking lot to give him a taste of what a size 13.5W boot in the face tastes like.

Sorry. I'm fine with what teachers make. You could try my job where I'm on the road 10 months a year, when there IS work. I shed no tears.

Layfield
02-15-2009, 05:41 AM
It would seem that getting paid 50,000 a year for nine months of work isnt as bad as some make it out to be.

Green Ranger
02-15-2009, 05:42 AM
she wasnt worth the money.......

Bumpus
02-15-2009, 09:07 AM
Hell, if I was making $50,000/year I'd never complain. More like $32K.

WV is way behind most of the nation in teacher salaries.

Yeah, I know ... Then you should move or take a different job. Problem is, the Mountain State is my home - I'll never leave. I work hard to educate the youth of my state. I take pride in my job, and although it is rewarding to see your students grow as learners and more importantly as people - I just wish that I didn't have to be broke most of the time.

fishfanfromjerz
02-15-2009, 11:46 AM
any pics of this broad?