PDA

View Full Version : Shawn Kemp Back in the NBA?

CedarPhin
02-15-2009, 04:42 PM
http://www.reignman.com/section.cfm?wSectionID=1871&RequestAction=VIEW&MessageID=24556

Wow.

Dude was one of my favorite players when I was a kid, but he's got to be pushing 40 right now.

Crazy stuff.

Dolfan3773
02-15-2009, 11:01 PM
LOL...he was fun to watch but hes just going to make a fool of himself

CedarPhin
02-15-2009, 11:07 PM
Wasn't he playing for Orlando before he retired last time?

I guess his alimony payments are stacking up.

Nappy Roots
02-15-2009, 11:10 PM
i have a hard time believing this, i mean hes been out of the NBA for what? 6 or 7 years now, when he was orlando making a fool of himself and being way over weight and lazy

Dolfan3773
02-15-2009, 11:18 PM
Wasn't he playing for Orlando before he retired last time?

I guess his alimony payments are stacking up.

Yeah he was in Orlando in the 02-03 season...he's played for the Sonics, Cavs and Blazers to right?

So yeah 6 years out of the NBA

CedarPhin
02-16-2009, 12:49 AM
He was awesome with the Sonics. Once they traded him, he was never the same.

Apparently, he's lost about 100 pounds since his last foray into the NBA.

Dolfan3773
02-16-2009, 01:07 AM
He was awesome with the Sonics. Once they traded him, he was never the same.

Apparently, he's lost about 100 pounds since his last foray into the NBA.

I actually had that jersey

CedarPhin
02-16-2009, 01:15 AM
Yeah me too. I was a huge Heat fan, but I used to love watching those Sonics teams with Kemp, Payton, Detlef Schrempf, etc.

SpurzN703
02-16-2009, 01:17 AM
Sounds good to me. Just stay away from the Spurs

CedarPhin
02-16-2009, 01:19 AM
Nuggets and Spurs are in a fairly tight race for the 2nd seed aren't they?

Dolfan3773
02-16-2009, 01:24 AM
Yeah me too. I was a huge Heat fan, but I used to love watching those Sonics teams with Kemp, Payton, Detlef Schrempf, etc.

It's a shame they took them out of Seattle...the name Oklahoma City Thunder and the logo looks like a WNBA team

CedarPhin
02-16-2009, 01:27 AM
I know. As bad as they've been in recent years, they still had a pretty good tradition in that city.

Maybe some team like Memphis will end up moving there. Or New Jersey, especially since the Brooklyn move is looking less and less likely by the moment.

I don't like Seattle the city, but I always liked the Sonics.

Dolfan3773
02-16-2009, 01:30 AM
I know. As bad as they've been in recent years, they still had a pretty good tradition in that city.

Maybe some team like Memphis will end up moving there. Or New Jersey, especially since the Brooklyn move is looking less and less likely by the moment.

I don't like Seattle the city, but I always liked the Sonics.

I'm surprised Las Vegas hasnt gotten or tried to get a basketball team, thats a perfect place for basketball. Do you know if they will ever have the All-Star game at the American Airlines Arena here in Miami?

CedarPhin
02-16-2009, 01:33 AM
Not sure. They should though, it's a great arena, and not a bad venue for a game.

I could see Sacramento moving a team to Vegas, only because the Maloofs have a big operation there at the Palms. UNLV's basically Vegas' pro team, but I think an NBA or MLB team would be a good fit there.

BobDole
02-16-2009, 01:42 AM
kemp and bird were my favorites as a kid. he came to orlando to die - as did wilkins, ewing, rollins, etc. it was flat out depressing to watch him his last couple years.

i remember reading an article some years back that said he had more kids than years in the league after playing 14 seasons in the nba. awesome.

Dolfan3773
02-16-2009, 01:42 AM
Not sure. They should though, it's a great arena, and not a bad venue for a game.

I could see Sacramento moving a team to Vegas, only because the Maloofs have a big operation there at the Palms. UNLV's basically Vegas' pro team, but I think an NBA or MLB team would be a good fit there.

I cant wait for an NBA All Star game here, when the Super Bowls are here, I always go to the NFL Experience and the festivities before the event, i would like to experience that with the NBA

CedarPhin
02-16-2009, 01:49 AM
I went to the MLB ASG in SF a few years ago. They had a ton of stuff to do around SF, a huge fan experience, etc.

Definitely alot of fun. Marlins could end up getting one if they ever get that stadium built.

Dolfan3773
02-16-2009, 01:53 AM
I hope they do man, Id be pissed if they take the Marlins our of South Florida

Dolfan3773
02-16-2009, 01:55 AM
kemp and bird were my favorites as a kid. he came to orlando to die - as did wilkins, ewing, rollins, etc. it was flat out depressing to watch him his last couple years.

i remember reading an article some years back that said he had more kids than years in the league after playing 14 seasons in the nba. awesome.

LOL..dude Patrick Ewing in Orlando was horrible, never liked Ewing but he was good...I cat believe players like to tarnish their legacys like that...Brett Favre is another example

CedarPhin
02-16-2009, 01:57 AM
I hope they do man, Id be pissed if they take the Marlins our of South Florida

Yeah, they've definitely been a successful franchise during their short stint in So. Fla, and they've got a ton of young talent, so hopefully for Marlins fans, they do stay.

CedarPhin
02-16-2009, 01:59 AM
LOL..dude Patrick Ewing in Orlando was horrible, never liked Ewing but he was good...I cat believe players like to tarnish their legacys like that...Brett Favre is another example

Some guys just never want to admit that it's time to retire. Look at Randy Johnson in SF (though I hope he can still bring the heat), Johnny Unitas with the Chargers, Joe Namath with the Rams, etc.

The funniest was Ewing playing for the Sonics. Their fans really thought he'd bring them to the big time.

Dolfan3773
02-16-2009, 02:22 AM
Yeah, they've definitely been a successful franchise during their short stint in So. Fla, and they've got a ton of young talent, so hopefully for Marlins fans, they do stay.

The Marlins are like a factory, they bloom all these players and trade them away, theres Marlin stars all over the MLB

Dolfan3773
02-16-2009, 02:24 AM
Some guys just never want to admit that it's time to retire. Look at Randy Johnson in SF (though I hope he can still bring the heat), Johnny Unitas with the Chargers, Joe Namath with the Rams, etc.

The funniest was Ewing playing for the Sonics. Their fans really thought he'd bring them to the big time.

Yup, another one bad one was Jerry Rice going to Seattle and Denver (offseason/practice only) lol

CedarPhin
02-16-2009, 02:28 AM
Yup, another one bad one was Jerry Rice going to Seattle and Denver (offseason/practice only) lol

Was kind of like Cris Carter playing for us. Or Thurman Thomas.

Thurman Thomas wasn't too bad though.

CedarPhin
02-16-2009, 02:28 AM
The Marlins are like a factory, they bloom all these players and trade them away, theres Marlin stars all over the MLB

They're like the Oakland A's of the NL.

Dolfan3773
02-16-2009, 02:34 AM
Was kind of like Cris Carter playing for us. Or Thurman Thomas.

Thurman Thomas wasn't too bad though.

Yeah Cris Carter coming to Miami was bad, but im not going to lie..i hopped on that bandwagon and bought that #88 jersey...remember his only TD as a Dolphin? It was against the Raider right? I think JT had 3 sacks on Gannon that game too

BobDole
02-16-2009, 02:37 AM
Yeah Cris Carter coming to Miami was bad, but im not going to lie..i hopped on that bandwagon and bought that #88 jersey...remember his only TD as a Dolphin? It was against the Raider right? I think JT had 3 sacks on Gannon that game too

carter dropped that touchdown catch the last game of the season that kept us out of the playoffs. i still haven't forgiven him for that. :boohoo:

BobDole
02-16-2009, 02:39 AM

sometimes the body gives out before the mind is willing. i hate to watch formerly dominant players like ewing struggle to even get up and down the court. it's just so sad.

CedarPhin
02-16-2009, 02:41 AM

Yeah. That Raiders game was one of the best ones I've ever watched.