PDA

View Full Version : 'Degrading' Lyrics Linked to Teen Sex

BAMAPHIN 22
02-24-2009, 02:33 PM
There's still no firm proof that raunchy music makes kids have sex, but a new study provides another suggestion that there's at least some kind of link between "degrading" songs and teenage sexual activity.

The findings indicate that "people who are exposed to certain messages in music are more likely to copy or emulate what they hear," said Dr. Brian A. Primack, a pediatrician and lead author of the study released Tuesday.

In other words, teens who hear about degrading sexual practices in their favorite songs might decide to try them out themselves. However, it's also possible that the reverse is true: Kids who have sex just happen to like raunchy music.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/hsn/20090224/hl_hsn/degradinglyricslinkedtoteensex

BobDole
02-25-2009, 05:01 AM
i agree with that. i think it's impossible to argue that songs with that type of 'message' have a positive effect on the youth of today. i have 2 little brothers and they know more now than i did at 17. when the little one was in 7th grade, i was asked to supervise a school dance. i didn't. why? b/c my 'post' was going to be the boys bathroom b/c std's were going around from the girls giving multiple guys blow jobs. in SEVENTH grade. i don't even think i knew what a blow job was at that point in my life. hell, i kept it in my pants until i was 17 - mainly b/c i didn't even know that was an option at that point. if i was listening to music that gave me ideas like the music of today, who the hell knows ...

SpaceMountain16
02-25-2009, 04:19 PM
Like there was no teen sex when "Afternoon Delight" came out in the 70's.

acmeanvil49
02-26-2009, 07:19 PM
Were teenagers listening to "afternoon delight" in the 70's?

Boy, music has come a long way since the 70's.

Afternoon delight certainly is comparable though, great example to prove your point, lol

KHIA MY NECK, MY BACK [EXPLICIT] LYRICS

All you ladies pop your pu&&y like this
Shake your body, don't stop, don't miss
All you ladies pop your pu&&y like this
Shake your body, don't stop, don't miss
Just do it, do it, do it, do it, do it now
L&&k it good suck this pu&&y, just like you should
Right now, L&&k it good
suck this pu&&y just like you should
My Neck, my back
L&&k my pu&&y and my cr&&k,

My Neck, my back
Lick my pu&&y and my cr&&k
My Neck, my back
My Neck, my back
My Neck, my back

First you gotta put your neck into it
Don't stop, just do, do it
Then you roll your tongue, from the cr&&k back to the front
then s&&k it off til I shake and c&m ni&&a
make sure I keep bustin n&ts ni&&a
all over your face and stuff
slow h&&d show me so much love
the best h&&d comes from a thug
the d&&k good d&&k big and long
slow fu&&in til the crack of dawn

That song is a couple years old now but I heard it on the radio unedited in Louisville several times before they started playing a "clean" version.

I agree 100% life imitates art and the bull kids today are exposed to is horrible, rap music used to be what I considered an art form that required some skill.......now it's something anyone can do and the quality and content is a sad excuse for music and is causing a decline in the morals of youth.

Kids are exposed to far too much too young. I'll admit they will know it all before too long anyway but they should learn it when the time is right not hear it blaring from car radios and being sung by their peers.

BobDole
02-26-2009, 08:31 PM
Were teenagers listening to "afternoon delight" in the 70's?

Boy, music has come a long way since the 70's.

Afternoon delight certainly is comparable though, great example to prove your point, lol

That song is a couple years old now but I heard it on the radio unedited in Louisville several times before they started playing a "clean" version.

I agree 100% life imitates art and the bull kids today are exposed to is horrible, rap music used to be what I considered an art form that required some skill.......now it's something anyone can do and the quality and content is a sad excuse for music and is causing a decline in the morals of youth.

Kids are exposed to far too much too young. I'll admit they will know it all before too long anyway but they should learn it when the time is right not hear it blaring from car radios and being sung by their peers.

yup. i remember my senior year in high school walking through the halls hearing little freshman girls singing 'put it in my mouth. my motherfuggin mouth' and thinking oh good. you can be a slut at 14 now. neat. that kind of music is killing our society.

1 dol fan
02-27-2009, 06:08 PM
I don't like rap...

Listening to some of this crap makes me feel... uncomfortable...

Like that song Something in your mouth by Nickelback.

I enjoy the beat but I just can't listen to that song... That is rock too!

But I guess I don't worry about it much though.

Dolphins7273
02-27-2009, 06:31 PM
Somehow I think raging hormones have something to do with teen sex.

paperdice
03-04-2009, 04:15 PM
i think it plays a part

Samphin
03-10-2009, 08:01 PM
I love that Khia song. Reminds me of my wedding day...

syborg
03-10-2009, 08:20 PM
I think that degrading moral standards are a key factor in childrens behaviour. .
more folk not gettin married but co habiting. . degrading the sanctity of marriage
easier divorce. . teaching lack of commitment. .
fatherless children. through war, divorce or just bad choices and men who cant be bothered.
Loving someone is not always a 'feeling' but a CHOICE. . we dont always feel happy but do we run to the dr and say im not feeling happy today sign me off work and give me a pill. .no. . sometimes we dont 'feel' that love. . we have to make the choice to keep going. .
Of course what we see and hear defines our choices. . someone who eats lots of cake and burgers are more inclined to be obese than somone who eats a well balanced diet with exercise. . likewise someone who listens to music filled with rage and abusive language is likely to begin feeling or acting on it. . another example. . women who become close friends. . align in their monthly cycle over time. . we have friends who we match traits with. . talking like them etc when in their company picking up habits etc. so why should what we watch or listen to be different. . we feed our brain in the same way we feed our body. .