PDA

View Full Version : The Bucs: Where Are They Now?

infiltrateib
10-09-2003, 12:56 AM
I don't like the Bucs, and it has nothing to do with them winning the Superbowl last year.

First off, I think they're a low-class organization. The Glazer family has been known to be easily flustered and prone to stupid mistakes. It bothers me that they fired and ejected a stand-up coach in Tony Dungy (who seems to be doing just fine in Indy) and then were stranded as they very well should have been. I know the deal with Parcells fell through, but for a while there, the entire Buc organization was in jeopardy. Enter Jon Gruden, the miracle of miracles, the guy who came out of left field (the deal looked like it would never go through) and eventually led them to a Superbowl where they beat Gruden's former team. Rags to riches instantaneously. Precious.

They do have a few classy individuals. I have a lot of respect for Gruden, Lynch, and Brooks. Sapp, on the other hand, can eat the front side of a Greyhound Bus on his way to practice for all I care. He's an underachieving DL who is every kid's cafeteria nightmare. He's the fat kid who's big enough to pick on everybody and will never shut up. He knows it bothers you when people poke you, so he pokes you. He knows you're sensitive about your grandmother, so he makes fun of her in front of everybody. On the playground, he plays guys-on-girls dodgeball and then smashes 8 year old girls in the face---but hey, it's legal, they were playing dodgeball, right? Then he predicts he'll tag everybody out. He doesn't, but he still talks nonstop and no one stops him. Why?

Warren Sapp did the worst touchdown dance I've ever seen. I've heard stories on this board of him throwing bellhops out of hotel elevators because "he wants his friends in there." He's been living off of his (very good) career but is not the player he used to be. In his mind, he is the entire Bucs organization. In reality, he's not even the best DL on his own team (McFarland). I understand that he comes to play. I understand he's dedicated... but the man needs to shut the hell up. He's classless. He refers to himself in the third person. He talks about being an amazing tight end... but in reality, he's just the fat kid, the last person in the world any defense would think of covering. He hides under the facade of "playing by the rules" when he exploits technicalities to take unfair shots at unsuspecting opponents. He flaps his jaw at any player within earshot. He predicted he'd break the sack record... and he didn't even come remotely close.

People have taken a liking to him, to the point where many analysts will defend him when he makes inane comments about talented players who aren't even really calling him out. He walks through the center of opposing team's stretching drills. Why? What purpose does that serve? He's the scum of the rich, the garrulous egomaniacal violent psychopath with delusions of grandeur. He is everything I hate about NFL football (and there's not very much I hate about NFL football).

The Bucs are a lot of Sapp, and so I hate part of them too. They yammer on about their "best defense in the history of the game." They talk about being champions. They call out the Fins for being "paper" champions. What exactly are they this year? They're 2-2, and they lost to good teams, but they only beat horrible teams. Atlanta? Please. Philly? Come on. Why are they still in everyone's top-5 (sometimes top 7) when their "#1" defense gave up 21 points in 4 minutes? Why does ESPN make excuses for them? Why is every Bucs loss just another reason to predict "Bucs by 20" in the following week just because "they're going to be angry... they're going to get revenge"?

Swagger is earned. The Bucs earned it last year, but the NFL is a fickle sport. Show me something. You can't ride on reputation forever. Put your money where your mouth is, Sapp and Co.

Biggunndunn
10-09-2003, 10:36 AM
...:blah: you act like nobody on other teams talk shlt...its a part of the game. Its a full contact sport both verbal and physical. Sapp is only what the media makes him. so stop whining like a little punk.

infiltrateib
10-09-2003, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by Biggunndunn
...:blah: you act like nobody on other teams talk shlt...its a part of the game. Its a full contact sport both verbal and physical. Sapp is only what the media makes him. so stop whining like a little punk.

Right. I'm sure if you were in HS football and you were an innocent OL watching your team get an INT returned (away from the play), you'd love it when you got your clock cleaned by some trash talking clown.

The media just puts a camera in front of him... he does the talking. Call me a punk all you want, but Warren Sapp is classless.

Barbarian
10-09-2003, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by infiltrateib

Right. I'm sure if you were in HS football and you were an innocent OL watching your team get an INT returned (away from the play), you'd love it when you got your clock cleaned by some trash talking clown.

The media just puts a camera in front of him... he does the talking. Call me a punk all you want, but Warren Sapp is classless.

AMEN... I hope to any deity that Sapp lines up at TE this weekend and gives Arrington the opprotunity to knock his fat loudmouthed head off.

gunsnroses
10-09-2003, 09:53 PM
I agree. I remember reading an article just after the Phins/Bucs preseason game and reading how Sapp gave Nails a hi-five, another player a handshake. Then Chris Jackson wanted to shake his hand then Sapp pulled his hand away and ignored him. Talk about classless

XoPhinsoX
10-09-2003, 10:26 PM
Yeah I heard about that Jackson incident.

It's one thing to do it on the field for entertainment and what not but when you hear about it behind the scenes just makes it that more believable.

What about the guy he pushed out of the elevator cause he wouldn't hold it or something?

Biggunndunn
10-10-2003, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by XoPhinsoX
Yeah I heard about that Jackson incident.

It's one thing to do it on the field for entertainment and what not but when you hear about it behind the scenes just makes it that more believable.

What about the guy he pushed out of the elevator cause he wouldn't hold it or something?

with sapp you love him or hate him...

whats better ignore someone you don't like or make a scene?

and that whole thing about the elevator was a "i know a friend" type of thing. small% it might be true but comming from a message board huge% it is false.

10-10-2003, 02:41 PM
Infiltrate, you described perfectly how I feel about that loud-mouthed piece of sh!t Sapp. Bravo!

Bigganddumm, you know everything he said is 100% true. Sapp degrades the NFL with his classless attitude. He can't even back it up any more, so he needs to shut his fat F'n mouth. Period.

Biggunndunn
10-10-2003, 03:20 PM
say something of your own...say something new dont just agree

start by answering my question.

10-10-2003, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by Biggunndunn
whats better ignore someone you don't like or make a scene?

Are you talking about this question?

If so, I would pick neither. Save it for the game. You are supposed to be a PROFESSIONAL athlete. Act like it.