PDA

View Full Version : NHL Playoffs thread....

Pages : [1] 2 3

Norcal Skunk
02-28-2009, 12:45 AM
Ok, so this is the official playoffs thread for the NHL. If your team isnt in the playoffs, like you Pens fans, just sit back and do what the pens will be doing...WATCH.:rimshot:

Now...I know its not playoffs time YET, but its CLOSE.I wanna hear some predictions on the matchups, and what you guys think of them.

Bumpus
02-28-2009, 12:51 AM
OK, first of all ... You're a tad early.

And second, bite me! :lol:

Norcal Skunk
02-28-2009, 03:51 PM
OK, first of all ... You're a tad early.

And second, bite me! :lol:
:lol2:

ryanosaur2000
03-03-2009, 01:44 PM
Well. There is a chance we (Bruins) are going to face Buffalo and I am not looking forward to that, haha. I would almost choose any team over them including the Penguins. It's just those divisional games are always hairy. This season has been back and forth in our head to heads.

Having said that, if it did happen it would be a great occasion and a if we won, gloating rights are all ours :up:

Norcal Skunk
03-03-2009, 09:09 PM
Well. There is a chance we (Bruins) are going to face Buffalo and I am not looking forward to that, haha. I would almost choose any team over them including the Penguins. It's just those divisional games are always hairy. This season has been back and forth in our head to heads.

Having said that, if it did happen it would be a great occasion and a if we won, gloating rights are all ours :up:
ack.

I hate the ruins...I think theyre the only team I DONT wanna see in the championship...itll be a pain in the ***. Im glad were not in the east.

ryanosaur2000
03-03-2009, 09:13 PM
ack.

I hate the ruins...I think theyre the only team I DONT wanna see in the championship...itll be a pain in the ***. Im glad were not in the east.

Haha, sorry to hear that!

Norcal Skunk
03-03-2009, 09:14 PM
Haha, sorry to hear that!

yeah yeah yeah smart ***. lol.

Oh, and I dont ever wanna see Halak again...that guys too beasty. lol

ryanosaur2000
03-03-2009, 09:26 PM
yeah yeah yeah smart ***. lol.

Oh, and I dont ever wanna see Halak again...that guys too beasty. lol

I get you there buddy :up: lol

Dolfan3773
03-04-2009, 12:26 AM
Go Panthers! LOL

Norcal Skunk
04-05-2009, 10:58 PM
So, now that the playoffs are right around the corner, Im bringing this thread back. here are the matchups if the playoffs were to start today. I kinda like the way things look.

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2009/04/PLayoffmatchups-1.jpg

dominizzo
04-06-2009, 04:39 AM
Lets Go Flyersssssssss

Nublar7
04-06-2009, 08:43 AM
So, now that the playoffs are right around the corner, Im bringing this thread back. here are the matchups if the playoffs were to start today. I kinda like the way things look.

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2009/04/PLayoffmatchups-1.jpg
Swap the Rangers and Panthers and you have your playoffs. :up:

SpurzN703
04-06-2009, 01:21 PM
Ok, so this is the official playoffs thread for the NHL. If your team isnt in the playoffs, like you Pens fans, just sit back and do what the pens will be doing...WATCH.:rimshot:

Now...I know its not playoffs time YET, but its CLOSE.I wanna hear some predictions on the matchups, and what you guys think of them.

Not a Pens fan but oops, premature :lol:

CedarPhin
04-06-2009, 01:37 PM
Go Flames!

Norcal Skunk
04-07-2009, 01:52 PM
Swap the Rangers and Panthers and you have your playoffs. :up:

lol. Ill do that when they make it.

Yeah, the pens comment was more of a joke than anything else. lol. They still suck...:-P:lol:

dominizzo
04-07-2009, 03:17 PM
sharks

dominizzo
04-07-2009, 03:17 PM
sharks stink.....chokersssssssssssss

Bumpus
04-07-2009, 10:05 PM
We're IN.

Beware the PENGUINS!!!

Bumpus
04-07-2009, 11:14 PM
:woot:

... Lord Stanley is in the air!

CedarPhin
04-08-2009, 12:30 AM
Looks like the Flames are going to be tied with Vancouver again. Down 3-1 with 4 mins left in the 3rd.

Norcal Skunk
04-08-2009, 02:46 AM
sharks stink.....chokersssssssssssss

This coming from a guy whos teams gunna get smashed by Carolina in round 1?:lol2::err:

Norcal Skunk
04-08-2009, 02:53 AM
Updated. Oilers are now done, but the panthers are still surging...Carolina is tearin things up. theyre 9-1 in their last 10. NUTS. Sharks are 3 points away from clinching the Presidents Trophy, and the West, and were at home for the last two of our games. LOVIN IT!

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2009/04/PLayoffmatchups1-1.jpg

dominizzo
04-08-2009, 05:20 AM
This coming from a guy whos teams gunna get smashed by Carolina in round 1?:lol2::err:

ya wtvvvv... philly is no match for canes...sharks can get upset 1st rd

Norcal Skunk
04-08-2009, 01:15 PM
ya wtvvvv... philly is no match for canes...sharks can get upset 1st rd

....Yeah, and Colorodo could never shutout the Cannucks...your brilliant statements astound me. lol.:lol::lol: The Flyers wont make it past the canes, and as far as the Ducks go, who I think well be playing in the first round, I think itll be a good series, but sorry charlie, Sharks are gunna be takin home all the team trophies this season.

dominizzo
04-08-2009, 04:49 PM
....Yeah, and Colorodo could never shutout the Cannucks...your brilliant statements astound me. lol.:lol::lol: The Flyers wont make it past the canes, and as far as the Ducks go, who I think well be playing in the first round, I think itll be a good series, but sorry charlie, Sharks are gunna be takin home all the team trophies this season.
newbieeeee newbieeeeeeeee..get off the boards....

Norcal Skunk
04-08-2009, 10:27 PM
newbieeeee newbieeeeeeeee..get off the boards....

Scrubbbbbbieeeeeee Scrubbbbbbieeeeeee Get a better hockey team...:lol2:

KDog13
04-11-2009, 01:18 PM
cool my team is out the Predators but I'm rooting for the Rangers then the Sharks if needed after that no idea

CedarPhin
04-11-2009, 03:36 PM
Go Flames.

CDNPHIN
04-11-2009, 04:21 PM
As a Die Hard member of "Leaf Nation",as we rebuild I'll be watching these playoffs from the bar's patio (AGAIN!).Hoping again for a awsome playoff and praying the Habs are the first to be handed thier walking papers.Good luck to you lucky pricks that get to watch your teams in the post season (its the best hockey in the world) and I know Burke will get us in there next year.Cheers!

Bumpus
04-11-2009, 09:50 PM
We're all singing our favorite drinking song tonight ...

We'll kick your arse,
Ye Flyer SCUM!
We'll kick your arse,
And leave ya numb.
We'll drink to you,
When the CUP is passed.
Ye Flyer SCUM,
WE'LL KICK YOUR ***!!!!!!!!!

I've been praying for this match-up ... I'm really going to enjoy this.
First, my Dolphins get to destroy the Jets to take the division, now my Pens get the Flyers in the 1st round. (and yes, I just said Flyers = Jets)

Beware the PENGUINS!!!

dominizzo
04-12-2009, 12:43 PM

We'll kick your arse,
Ye Flyer SCUM!
We'll kick your arse,
And leave ya numb.
We'll drink to you,
When the CUP is passed.
Ye Flyer SCUM,

First, my Dolphins get to destroy the Jets to take the division, now my Pens get the Flyers in the 1st round. (and yes, I just said Flyers = Jets)

Beware the PENGUINS!!! pens are no match for flyers...flyers in 5

pens are ****

Norcal Skunk
04-12-2009, 03:49 PM

We'll kick your arse,
Ye Flyer SCUM!
We'll kick your arse,
And leave ya numb.
We'll drink to you,
When the CUP is passed.
Ye Flyer SCUM,

Beware the PENGUINS!!!

Pwnt. Theres nothing left to be said. lol.

So, here are the matchups as of today, and Ill update it later on tonight once the couple games are over.

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2009/04/PLayoffmatchupsfinal-1.jpg

Bumpus
04-12-2009, 05:36 PM
:lol:

Pens are no match for Flyers???
Flyers in five???

Dom, you do realize that we won the season series 4-2, right?
Remember last year? Expect more of the same.

Beware the Penguins.

Bumpus
04-12-2009, 07:37 PM
Today, I love me some Rangers. :lol:

4 SEED!
HOME ICE vs. Philly!!!

Penguins in 5.

Norcal Skunk
04-12-2009, 08:02 PM
Alright folks. Here it is. All games are final, and these are the first round matchups.
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2009/04/FirstRound-1.jpg

So, what are peoples picks?

I say round two were going to see:

West
Sharks(Round one in 5 games) vs Jackets(Round one in 7 games)
Blues(Round one in 7 games) vs Chicago(Round one in 6 games)

East
Boston(Round one in 4 games) vs Carolina(Round one in 6 games)
Caps(Round one in 5 games) vs Pens(Round one in 5 games)

Bumpus
04-12-2009, 08:56 PM
My take on the 1st round:

East
Bruins in 5
Caps in 4
Canes in 7
Pens in 5

West
Sharks in 5
Red Wings in 5
Blues in 7
Flames in 6

Norcal Skunk
04-12-2009, 09:23 PM
My take on the 1st round:

East
Bruins in 5
Caps in 4
Canes in 7
Pens in 5

West
Sharks in 5
Red Wings in 5
Blues in 7
Flames in 6

Good picks besides the wings and flames. I dont think theyll handle the playoffs well. Mostly with the wings though. I dont think they have the goal tending to handle it this year. Osgood fell the fawk off, and conklin isnt that great.

JT-forpresident
04-14-2009, 03:46 AM
Habs will kick boston's ***, like the last 3 times they faced them in the post season

our injury plagued roster is almost fully back, and george laraque will finally give us that edge in the toughness department we lacked every time we played those SOBches (what's the purpose of having the toughest guy in the NHL if you're not going to use him against a team like boston ? that very well may be the type of decision that cost carbonneau's job)

laraque will break thornton in two it'll be oh-so pretty :D

JT-forpresident
04-14-2009, 03:58 AM
As a Die Hard member of "Leaf Nation",as we rebuild I'll be watching these playoffs from the bar's patio (AGAIN!).Hoping again for a awsome playoff and praying the Habs are the first to be handed thier walking papers.Good luck to you lucky pricks that get to watch your teams in the post season (its the best hockey in the world) and I know Burke will get us in there next year.Cheers!

it's always nice to see a leafs fan brag about the habs... it just shows you the jealousy in their eyes :chuckle: 24 cups, 53 HOFs, and the most influencial/iconic (and unfortunately unknown by many) athlete in the world, maurice "le rocket" richard (RIP), who was the hero and inspiration of the french canadian nation during another hard era in our 400 years of conflicted history ( he, by himself, started the "revolution tranquile", which IMO is the biggest thing a professional athlete could ever do: inspire a province to a revolution and stop tolerating persecution from the englishmen living on our land, he did that by hitting a ref because he couldn't bare to be cheat shot-ed every single ****ing game of his life because he was a frenchmen, and refs wouldn't call penalties. Men like these lead to the revolution, and gave "us" freedom and respect)

sorry, i got carried away lol, but i feel like it's a very touchy story that many people ignore, and it is a very interesting and emotional story to hear/live/know, and great way to enter the nhl post-season all fired up ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SO4XPedB9mA

here's a trailer of rocket: the movie (which is excellent btw and recommend to any sports fan in general)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkcFx1p4-Cg&feature=related

with all this being said, the habs are in the playoffs:

"alte la alte la alte laaaaaa les canadiens les canadiens, alte la alte la alte laaaaaaa les canadiens sont laaaaa les caaaanadiens, leees caaaanaaadieeeeeeeens soooooont laaaaaaa"

:D habs in 6, **** the bruins !

KDog13
04-14-2009, 04:00 AM
Not counting series

East
1 Bruins in 6 Right
7 Rangers in 6 Wrong
3 Devils in 5 Wrong
4 Pens in 7 Right

West
1 Sharks in 6 Wrong
2 Red Wings in 5 Right
3 Canucks in 4 Right
4 Chicago in 7 Right

Changed 2nd round

East
1 Bruins beat 6 Hurricanes in 6
2 Capitals beat 4 Penguins in 6

West
8 Ducks beat 2 Red Wings in 7
4 Chicago beat 3 Canucks in 7

Will change after round over

East
7 Rangers beat Devils in 7

West
1 Sharks beat Red Wings in 6

Stanley Cup
7 Rangers beat Sharks in 7

lol if you notice im rooting for the Rangers if they are out Go Sharks but Rangers can make a run if they do in fact get past the Caps then they would vs Rivals they can beat

JT-forpresident
04-14-2009, 04:50 AM
East
1 Bruins in 6
7 Rangers in 6
3 Devils in 5
4 Pens in 7

West
1 Sharks in 6
2 Red Wings in 5
3 Canucks in 4
4 Chicago in 7

East
7 Rangers beat Bruins in 6
3 Devils beat Pens in 7

West
1 Sharks beat Chicago in 5
2 Red Wings beat Canucks in 7

East
7 Rangers beat Devils in 7

West
1 Sharks beat Red Wings in 6

Stanley Cup
7 Rangers beat Sharks in 7

lol if you notice im rooting for the Rangers if they are out Go Sharks but Rangers can make a run if they do in fact get past the Caps then they would vs Rivals they can beat

no way in hell that the caps don't go past the rangers... the caps will probably win the east as a matter of fact... :(

CedarPhin
04-14-2009, 04:55 AM
Flames are gonna roll the Blackhawks...their funk be damned.

SpaceMountain16
04-14-2009, 02:32 PM
The Penguins are just gay, how can any fan root for a team with this as it's logo?

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2009/04/2-1.png

JT-forpresident
04-14-2009, 04:55 PM
The Penguins are just gay, how can any fan root for a team with this as it's logo?

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2009/04/2-1.png

i don't know, i'm not a pens fan, but i'd take a wild guess and say this is a good reason for the older pens fans

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2009/04/mariojagr1-1.jpg

and the younger ones,

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2009/04/Malkin_and_Crosby-1.jpg

SpaceMountain16
04-14-2009, 05:03 PM
i don't know, i'm not a pens fan, but i'd take a wild guess and say this is a good reason for the older pens fans

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2009/04/mariojagr1-1.jpg

and the younger ones,

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2009/04/Malkin_and_Crosby-1.jpg

Obviously, the 10 good years they've had have attracted many idiots.

CedarPhin
04-14-2009, 11:19 PM
C'mon guys let's play nice here.

With that said..Go Flames!

SpaceMountain16
04-14-2009, 11:43 PM
Question: Who is George Laraque about to kiss in that picture?

JT-forpresident
04-15-2009, 12:04 AM
Question: Who is George Laraque about to kiss in that picture?

LMAO, it's moreso lucic who's reaching for a kiss instead of an ***-whoopin ...

... how gay was that :lol::crazy:

Bumpus
04-15-2009, 07:26 AM
:)
Another country heard from ...

Space is back to join Dom. Just in time for the Pens to whip the Flyers.

:woot:
Can you smell it? Lord Stanley is back in the air!

Beware the PENGUINS!!!

Bumpus
04-15-2009, 12:01 PM
7 hours 'til the puck drops ... this game can't get here soon enough.

Let's Go PENS!!!

SpaceMountain16
04-15-2009, 02:07 PM
<-----BACK WITH VENGEANCE

ORANGE CRUSH!

dominizzo
04-15-2009, 03:35 PM
fffffflllllllllyerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr powerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr babyyyyyyyy...mikey richards said this series belongs to them....i know we will prevaill

flyer power

last year when philly faced habs everyone said habs in 5 or 6 we beat them in 5...watch out sir bumpus

JT-forpresident
04-15-2009, 05:15 PM
fffffflllllllllyerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr powerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr babyyyyyyyy...mikey richards said this series belongs to them....i know we will prevaill

flyer power

last year when philly faced habs everyone said habs in 5 or 6 we beat them in 5...watch out sir bumpus

flyer power....sure sounds like flower power lol :lol:

that series last year was so disapointing... martin biron won the 4 games for you, and the worst part is he's not that good of a goalie at all. The habs just couldn't put the puck past biron and when they could, they'd hit the post lol but that's hockey .. :rolleyes2:

anyways, it'll be a helluva matchup, i say pens in 7

Bumpus
04-15-2009, 06:27 PM
About 40 mins to go, and the beer is going down nicely! :up:

Let's go Pens!
Let's go Pens!
Let's go Pens!

It's a beautiful day to kick a little Flyer arse!

Beware the PENGUINS!!!

dominizzo
04-15-2009, 06:41 PM
flyer power....sure sounds like flower power lol :lol:

that series last year was so disapointing... martin biron won the 4 games for you, and the worst part is he's not that good of a goalie at all. The habs just couldn't put the puck past biron and when they could, they'd hit the post lol but that's hockey .. :rolleyes2:

anyways, it'll be a helluva matchup, i say pens in 7

hey mtl was supposed to win the series in 5 or 6 vs flyers last year...wat happened?? flyers in 5.... yes biron sux i admit but if hes hot watch out...and o yaa pens won in 5 last year no GAGNE COBURN TIMMONEN GIROUX CARCILLO...NEW TEAM BUDDY

CedarPhin
04-15-2009, 06:44 PM
Go Flames. I hope we smash the Blackhawks. Somehow, I think we'll have another early exit, but I'm hoping for a win against the Hawks.

dominizzo
04-15-2009, 06:49 PM
hawks are to young..i see calgary in 6

CedarPhin
04-15-2009, 06:57 PM
I just hope they snap out of whatever funk they're in right now. They looked like world-beaters right after the deadline, and then have been lulled in limbo ever since, just sleepwalking through games.

I hope if they advance they end up playing the Sharks in the next round.

JT-forpresident
04-15-2009, 07:13 PM
hey mtl was supposed to win the series in 5 or 6 vs flyers last year...wat happened?? flyers in 5.... yes biron sux i admit but if hes hot watch out...and o yaa pens won in 5 last year no GAGNE COBURN TIMMONEN GIROUX CARCILLO...NEW TEAM BUDDY

this is IMO the toughest matchup to predict... two very talented teams, but in the end i think the pens have the advantage in front on the net and that's an important difference

Norcal Skunk
04-15-2009, 07:21 PM
And the Pens strike first...:lol:

haha, and the idiots take a BAD penelty..GG. Thats the way to win a game.

Bumpus
04-15-2009, 07:58 PM
Dom, are you sure this is the best time for you to bring up last year?

Like I said, pal ...

Remember last year? Expect more of the same.

Beware The PENGUINS!!!

Bumpus
04-15-2009, 08:12 PM
WooHoo!!!
2-0

Bumpus
04-15-2009, 08:57 PM
... As the second intermission winds down, we return you to your Flyer beat-down allready in progress ...

God, I love hockey!

Let's go Pens!
Let's go Pens!
Let's go Pens!

Beware the Penguins!!!

Bumpus
04-15-2009, 09:14 PM
Geno!!!

3-0

Bumpus
04-15-2009, 09:22 PM
Eaton!!!

4-0!

... And Elvis has just left the building!!!

Norcal Skunk
04-15-2009, 09:35 PM
Im still a tad suprised at the score in jersey, and washington...o.O

Bumpus
04-15-2009, 09:43 PM
... And dirty Flyers. True to the end.

dominizzo
04-15-2009, 09:58 PM
shut it bumpus

Norcal Skunk
04-15-2009, 10:10 PM
shut it bumpus
:lol::chuckle::rimshot:

Bumpus
04-15-2009, 10:28 PM
Hmmm ... Let's see ...

The Pens are up 1-0 thus far in the series ...

Hmmm ... Help me out Dom, just how exactly (after that beat-down) are y'all supposed to even compete with our SUPERIOR team?

Beware the PENGUINS!!!

Bumpus
04-15-2009, 10:31 PM
Really?

I'm curious ... What's the far-fetched theory?

How can the Flyers hope to contend with the Penguins?
:)

Bumpus
04-15-2009, 10:32 PM

... I'm waiting ...

Bumpus
04-15-2009, 10:36 PM
Night Dom ...
Don't let the Bump-bugs bite.

CedarPhin
04-15-2009, 11:27 PM
I'm surprised the Rangers beat the Caps.

JT-forpresident
04-15-2009, 11:56 PM

x2

i haven't watched the game so i couldn't comment though...
i was too busy breaking up a 3 year relationship and picking up a girl in tears lol ... :oops:

... and the fact that the habs are playing tomorrow have no bearring whatsoever on the reason why i broke with her tonight instead of tomorrow.... :rimshot: :lol:

CedarPhin
04-15-2009, 11:58 PM
Damn that sucks.

Bumpus
04-16-2009, 09:30 AM

Yeah. I didn't see that one coming either.

Norcal Skunk
04-16-2009, 11:20 AM
11 hours till the beat down on the ducks begins...:up::up: GO SHARKS!!!

SpurzN703
04-16-2009, 11:28 AM
shut it bumpus

Jazz winning the title this year Dom?

Norcal Skunk
04-16-2009, 11:47 AM
Jazz winning the title this year Dom?

Better becarefull with the insults, or hes gunna switch up and become a Lions fan...o.O:rimshot:

SpaceMountain16
04-16-2009, 02:10 PM
Well this might not go very well.....

CedarPhin
04-16-2009, 11:49 PM
Flames drop Game 1, 3-2 in OT.

Bumpus
04-17-2009, 01:07 AM

Bumpus
04-17-2009, 01:10 AM
Is it 7 pm Friday yet?

Bathe her, and bring her to me!

KTownsDolphins
04-17-2009, 01:11 AM
Flames drop Game 1, 3-2 in OT.

I'd say there is a little bit of controversy in that OT goal.

Two different games but glencross called for a skate in the crease and that goal was disallowed yet when Ladd makes no effort to get out of the way they don't call that interference.

The best part about it is its the same ref!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=audivwkHi5s

JT-forpresident
04-17-2009, 01:17 AM
Good first game between habs and bruins, this is going to be one helluva series...

laraque is making everyone ****'n their pants hahaha... but that ain't enough.

clearly, if markov could come back, the habs would play differently, they have so much trouble launching an offence and exit their zone, it's pathetic, it's their biggest flaw. Markov is an agile and patient player with the puck, not to mention his impact on the PP.

The habs have to win saturday or it'll be practically over :(

dominizzo
04-17-2009, 01:45 AM
habs suck...spurs suckk...sharks suck...lool and pens suck

lets go Flyers ...Jazz Giants DOLPHINS

JT-forpresident
04-17-2009, 03:15 AM
habs suck...spurs suckk...sharks suck...lool and pens suck

lets go Flyers ...Jazz Giants DOLPHINS

flyers...gimme a break :lol:

arsenal
04-17-2009, 07:16 AM
wings look dominant game 1...

withstand an absolute BARRAGE from the blue jackets, then calm the game down and take over... columbus came out on the attack in the first period, but Osgood came out and said, **** the regular season, i come to play come playoff time and played great...

the worst thing that could have happened was to give this young blue jackets team some confidence by letting them steal game 1, instead we beat em badly and i think will now coast the rest of the series...

Bumpus
04-17-2009, 02:29 PM
... And dirty Flyers. True to the end.

Ahem ... like I said ...

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/penguins/s_621024.html?source=rss&feed=8

The NHL suspended Flyers forward Daniel Carcillo for one game for a shot he took at Penguins forward Max Talbot in the final seconds of Wednesday night's game.

Carcillo - who struck Talbot on the back of the head with his stick after the final faceoff - will serve the suspension Friday night when the Penguins host the Flyers for Game 2 of the Eastern Conference quarterfinal.

Flyers coach John Stevens also was fined $10,000 by the NHL for the team's actions at the end of the game -- the Flyers racked up five penalties totalling 21 minutes in the final 19 seconds.

JT-forpresident
04-17-2009, 02:33 PM
Ahem ... like I said ...

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/penguins/s_621024.html?source=rss&feed=8

The NHL suspended Flyers forward Daniel Carcillo for one game for a shot he took at Penguins forward Max Talbot in the final seconds of Wednesday night's game.

Carcillo - who struck Talbot on the back of the head with his stick after the final faceoff - will serve the suspension Friday night when the Penguins host the Flyers for Game 2 of the Eastern Conference quarterfinal.

Flyers coach John Stevens also was fined $10,000 by the NHL for the team's actions at the end of the game -- the Flyers racked up five penalties totalling 21 minutes in the final 19 seconds.

that was really pitiful and disgusting to see.

doesn't matter what team it is, actions like these should be more severely punished, i mean, the guy clubbed him in the face with his stick, WTF !

Bumpus
04-17-2009, 09:24 PM
My Lord, what a save!!!

Ain't over yet ...

Bumpus
04-17-2009, 09:31 PM
DEEEEEEEEEZ NUTS!!!!!

2-2!

Beware the Penguins!!!!

Bumpus
04-17-2009, 09:47 PM
OT. Stanley Cup Playoffs. Pens come back TWICE to tie it up.

Does it get any better than this?

God, I love hockey!

Beware The PENGUINS!!!

dominizzo
04-17-2009, 09:49 PM
ur lucky bumpilitis,,,, carter didn lift it up that moron...pitts has momentum i say they win it,,,,fedotenko gets it,,,flyers have no luck

DolphinMistress
04-17-2009, 10:17 PM
LET'S GO SHARKS! SHARKS ALL THE WAY!

Bumpus
04-17-2009, 10:22 PM
You can always count on the Flyers. :lol:

5 on 3...

Bumpus
04-17-2009, 10:26 PM
Goooooooooooal!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pens Win!
Pens Win!
Pens Win!

dominizzo
04-17-2009, 10:31 PM
enjoy it while u can......u aint going to win a cup and ur never gonna see one with Crosby...

Wings own u all the time

arsenal
04-17-2009, 11:10 PM
jesus christ that save by fluery... holy ****...

good game, poor flyers, haha...

Bumpus
04-17-2009, 11:43 PM
... So Dom, how's it feel knowing that your best shot wasn't quite good enough? :lol:

Beware the PENGUINS!!!

Bumpus
04-18-2009, 12:24 AM
Space, (I ain't forgot about you either, bro :lol: ) ... comment????

Allow me to be the first to say: Enjoy the offseason! 'Cause this one is over. I still think it'll be in 5, but who knows?

I believe in NOW!

Beware the PENGUINS!!!

Bumpus
04-18-2009, 01:37 AM
... Just finished watching the replay. I've still got wood!

SpaceMountain16
04-18-2009, 11:49 AM
I seriously can't even watch this league anymore. I hope the Flyers lose the next two so i don't have to watch this abortion of a game that they try to pass off as hockey.

JT-forpresident
04-18-2009, 03:21 PM
the caps are really disappointing...

how can you not manage to make a goal when you have ovechkin, semin, backstrom, fedorov, fleischmann, green, kozlov .... they played good defensively but man, they've not scored in 50 minutes now

and to think that i envisionned them winning the east and maybe the cup ... lol !

Norcal Skunk
04-18-2009, 04:00 PM
LET'S GO SHARKS! SHARKS ALL THE WAY!

+1 I like how youre thinking.

Holy crap, whats going on with the Caps? Im really suprised at that series so far. I was expecting it to be a bit more.

That Pens game was NICE!

Lou was freaking BEASTIN it last night for the Nucks. That one suprised me as well.

Norcal Skunk
04-18-2009, 09:44 PM
WOW @ this damn bruins game. 5-1 at the end of the second...Something tells me the weakness habs are gunna get swept...:hi5:

CedarPhin
04-18-2009, 09:50 PM
Flames up 2-0. I like it.

JT-forpresident
04-18-2009, 10:08 PM
no bruins penalties in 40 minutes, real ****ing joke. I know it ain't all about that, the habs are playing like ****, but when you let a team like the bruins play anyway they can, they're bound to be dangerous and the other team will play sissy hockey.

on a sidenote, pretty funny to hear bruins fan chant one of our songs ... just proves you how much the bell center and its fans can influence fans/players :D for once, it's not montrealers chanting it in boston because we kick their *** hahaha .. good times

CedarPhin
04-18-2009, 10:12 PM
Flames now up 2-1. If they drop this one, they're screwed.

JT-forpresident
04-18-2009, 10:29 PM
someone kill lucic before i do

seriously, a ****ing cross check in the back of schneider, lapierre comes to meet lucic and the only thing he can think of is give a cross check in the face of lapierre.

pathetic, cheap shot, undisciplined, and unnecessary action.

lucic is a helluva player and i had respect for him, but this is "carcillo" like and it has no class at all and he should be suspended, all signs point towards one also... anytime a ref gives you 17 minutes of penalty because of a cheap shot, you know you're in deep ****, and he earned it

Norcal Skunk
04-18-2009, 11:41 PM
3-2 Hawks!:hump:

SpaceMountain16
04-18-2009, 11:53 PM
the caps are really disappointing...

how can you not manage to make a goal when you have ovechkin, semin, backstrom, fedorov, fleischmann, green, kozlov .... they played good defensively but man, they've not scored in 50 minutes now

and to think that i envisionned them winning the east and maybe the cup ... lol !

The Caps are a joke, i had the Rangers beating them. The Bruins aren't choking though which has somewhat surprised me.

KDog13
04-19-2009, 02:15 AM
The Caps are a joke, i had the Rangers beating them. The Bruins aren't choking though which has somewhat surprised me.

RANGERS ALL THE WAY

dominizzo
04-19-2009, 03:29 AM
someone kill lucic before i do

seriously, a ****ing cross check in the back of schneider, lapierre comes to meet lucic and the only thing he can think of is give a cross check in the face of lapierre.

pathetic, cheap shot, undisciplined, and unnecessary action.

lucic is a helluva player and i had respect for him, but this is "carcillo" like and it has no class at all and he should be suspended, all signs point towards one also... anytime a ref gives you 17 minutes of penalty because of a cheap shot, you know you're in deep ****, and he earned it

please..Carcillo is nothing like that beaked nose player lucic... ur habs are done ur future is screwed and old players..at least philly has a young core of players

CedarPhin
04-19-2009, 03:31 AM
Flames are screwed the rest of the playoffs. What a kick in the nuts today's game was.

Norcal Skunk
04-19-2009, 04:07 AM
Flames are screwed the rest of the playoffs. What a kick in the nuts today's game was.

Coulda been worse man. You could be a, but I dont know why any one would even wanna be, Habs fan. Theyve gotten their clock straight cleaned in both games.

CedarPhin
04-19-2009, 04:19 AM
Could have been a Sharks fan losing to the Ducks too.

Flames are hurting right now..had we come in healthy, I think we'd have made some noise in the playoffs.

Norcal Skunk
04-19-2009, 04:24 AM
Could have been a Sharks fan losing to the Ducks too.

Flames are hurting right now..had we come in healthy, I think we'd have made some noise in the playoffs.

Nah, see, we wont lose like that again. We got our wakeup call today at practice. TM tore into the boys about the lack of play. I can guarantee we wont drop another one like that...especially not at home.

CedarPhin
04-19-2009, 04:33 AM
You have to admit though...that was a very Sharks-like loss in the playoffs that we've all become accustomed to seeing.

I'm not making any excuses, Calgary hasn't done anything since 2004..but they never have had the expectations the Sharks have had during the last few years.

SpaceMountain16
04-19-2009, 11:52 AM
Lucic should be suspended for that if Carcillo is suspended for a sucker punch. This league is such a ****ing joke though it wont happen.

Norcal Skunk
04-19-2009, 12:49 PM
You have to admit though...that was a very Sharks-like loss in the playoffs that we've all become accustomed to seeing.

I'm not making any excuses, Calgary hasn't done anything since 2004..but they never have had the expectations the Sharks have had during the last few years.

Not really, it was more of a theyve been playing like crap since the allstar break loss. If they lose to the ducks in the first round, which I dont think they will, then its exactly that. It just looks like theyve given up already, and I dont understand it. I hate to say it, but theyve been plaaying like the old Dolphins, where wed get in one or two rounds, but lose to some horrible team, like how we did with the raiders. Every team goes through it. It just happens that the teams I root for do it more than others. lol.

Holy crap, yall flyers fans are a real bunch of cry babies.

JT-forpresident
04-19-2009, 01:26 PM
please..Carcillo is nothing like that beaked nose player lucic... ur habs are done ur future is screwed and old players..at least philly has a young core of players

at least we got 24 cups :)

i'm not that worried about our team seriously. You just don't know hockey all that well, do you have any idea how many injuries we had all year and how many we still have right now ? i must admit that this season will soon be over though

our best player, andrei markov, has been out for 10 games now... how many did we win? we lost 9 games and we lost the other one in overtime. There's no coincidence at all here. Mix in the fact that bouillon is injured, schneider was injured, and i won't get into the regular season because there's just too many.

No, i'm not scared at all. We just signed the greatest talent in the LHJMQ, Dany Massé, and the habs are going to acquire Vinny lecavalier next year (you can COUNT on that, according to some people i know... and if gillett sells the team to a quebecer like denis savard, you just know he'll throw every crappy player he's got, even price, to acquire a veteran skilled quebecer to be our next captain). Some of the rotten apples will be gone (koivu comes to mind) and will leave place for some young guns

SpaceMountain16
04-19-2009, 01:33 PM
at least we got 24 cups

Is something you haven't done in 15 years really relevant?

JT-forpresident
04-19-2009, 01:44 PM
Is something you haven't done in 15 years really relevant?

i'm sorry but... first of all, is that a dolphins fan speaking ? because we won our last superbowl in 72 lol... or maybe a flyers fan ? yeah, 1974 was the last time.

it doesn't matter when, the habs are the best team of all time in hockey, and one of the top 3 winning franchise in all sports. And our people take great pride in that, because this is more than a team for us, it's part of our culture. Picture this, some high schools give history classes on the montreal canadiens....

the team that is the canadiens right now is the fruit of some hard devoted work from our people to this organisation. frenchmen playing in a league where only englishmen coach, ref and are owners. We built this team with our talent and heart, crossing swords with racism and the hatred many times, and i must admit that i take much more pride in what those men did than anything i can see the habs do nowadays, mostly because those punkasses are paid millions and just don't care anymore about the bleu blanc rouge. Maybe that's why i think 24 cups is relevant

SpaceMountain16
04-19-2009, 01:54 PM
i'm sorry but... first of all, is that a dolphins fan speaking ? because we won our last superbowl in 72 lol... or maybe a flyers fan ? yeah, 1974 was the last time.

it doesn't matter when, the habs are the best team of all time in hockey, and one of the top 3 winning franchise in all sports. And our people take great pride in that, because this is more than a team for us, it's part of our culture. Picture this, some high schools give history classes on the montreal canadiens....

the team that is the canadiens right now is the fruit of some hard devoted work from our people to this organisation. frenchmen playing in a league where only englishmen coach, ref and are owners. We built this team with our talent and heart, crossing swords with racism and the hatred many times, and i must admit that i take much more pride in what those men did than anything i can see the habs do nowadays, mostly because those punkasses are paid millions and just don't care anymore about the bleu blanc rouge. Maybe that's why i think 24 cups is relevant

Yeah and i never tell anybody "well we won two super bowls thirty years ago so ha ha!".

The history of the Canadiens doesn't matter right now, because the Bruins are going to beat them, and that makes them a better team this year. Which is all that counts. What the Richard brothers or Marcel Dionne and Ken Dryden or Guy Lafleur did decades ago isn't going to help Montreal this year, so who cares?

JT-forpresident
04-19-2009, 02:04 PM
Yeah and i never tell anybody "well we won two super bowls thirty years ago so ha ha!".

The history of the Canadiens doesn't matter right now, because the Bruins are going to beat them, and that makes them a better team this year. Which is all that counts. What the Richard brothers or Marcel Dionne and Ken Dryden or Guy Lafleur did decades ago isn't going to help Montreal this year, so who cares?

i completely agree, but those men have had such a huge impact, maybe the biggest any sports team had on a "country" , that we can't and never will forget or bypass the amazing history of this team.

to put that in perspective, kids don't even know the name of their prime minister, or the name of the US's president, but they know every single name in the habs roster... it's that big of a deal

I understand that people outside of quebec won't care, they will recognize or respect at most, and it's fine by me. But i won't let'em insult us/them :peace1: even if they say ( rightfully so lol ) that my team is not doing good right now lol

JCane
04-19-2009, 02:06 PM
Motreal's 24 Cups, while certainly impressive, is a bit inflated. It's just like Yankee fans who gloat about their 20 whatever titles. 16 of Montreal's 24 Cups were won when there were only 12 or less teams in the league. Same for the Yankees. I believe 18 of their World Series rings were won when only 12 teams were in both the American and National League. You see this often in sports in which the history dates back to the early 1900's. As the sport progresses and expands, you see less and less domination by one team and more and more parity throughout the entire league.

JT-forpresident
04-19-2009, 02:17 PM
Motreal's 24 Cups, while certainly impressive, is a bit inflated. It's just like Yankee fans who gloat about their 20 whatever titles. 16 of Montreal's 24 Cups were won when there were only 12 or less teams in the league. Same for the Yankees. I believe 18 of their World Series rings were won when only 12 teams were in both the American and National League. You see this often in sports in which the history dates back to the early 1900's. As the sport progresses and expands, you see less and less domination by one team and more and more parity throughout the entire league.

you can bring the date back up a little bit and you'll notice the habs won 12 cups in 45 years... which is one every 4 year approx. . and during those times, there were a lot of teams in the league (and good ones !)

there's a huge difference between the yankees and habs also because the yankees had a ****load of money and could buy themselves a championship. The habs couldn't do that, the only edge they had on other teams is the fact that all the quebecers would play for that club, and they were flat out the best players available !

-------- it's still a reality if you ask me... if you build a national team for quebec, they could beat team canada or team USA, they might lose also, but when you consider that we're 7 million people and the US are 300 millions, it's kind of amazing to know that they'd still be very competitive ... and that is the redundant subject of everyone here, they're tired of seeing "kostytsyns, koivu, komisarek, plekanec, perezhogin, grabovski, d'agostini, etc" on the back of the jerseys, because we'd be that much better with our own people playing for our team -----

imagine that roster...:

Martin st louis - Lecavalier - alex tanguay
Simon gagné - Mike Ribeiro - alexandre burrows
David Perron - Jonathan Toews - Marc Savard
Pierre marc bouchar - Patrice bergeron - Antoine Vermette

Georges laraque !

Marc Edouard Vlasic - Beauchemin
Craig Rivet - Marc Andre bergeron
dan Boyle - Kris Letang

Luongo - brodeur - fleury

Bumpus
04-19-2009, 03:04 PM
Goddamit NBC!

Screw golf, let's go already.

Bumpus
04-19-2009, 03:36 PM
Down 2-0 in game three, but it's definately heating up.

What a hit by Kunitz!!! Gutted Timmonen like a fish!

Bumpus
04-19-2009, 04:02 PM
11.7 left in the first. Geno scores!!!

GOOOOOOAL!

2-1

Let's go Pens!!!

JT-forpresident
04-19-2009, 04:05 PM
Goddamit NBC!

Screw golf, let's go already.

hahaha x2 :up:

JT-forpresident
04-19-2009, 04:20 PM
2-2 !

Bumpus
04-19-2009, 04:22 PM
Less than 20 secs in ...

GOOOOOOAL!!!

2-2.

Let's go Pens!!!

Bumpus
04-19-2009, 04:35 PM
Well, that sucked.

Bumpus
04-19-2009, 05:01 PM
Down 4-2 after two ...

We got 'em right where we want 'em! :lol: Believe it or not, I DO! It'll be so much more crushing when we come back in the last 20 mins for the win.

Let's go Pens!
Let's go Pens!
Let's go Pens!

Norcal Skunk
04-19-2009, 05:46 PM
WOW. I have been enjoying this game. Flyers have been on FIRE the entire time. They have just been puttin a hurtin on the pens today.

Bumpus
04-19-2009, 05:46 PM
Oh well ... That's why I predicted Pens in 5, not 4.

Nice game.

JT-forpresident
04-19-2009, 05:56 PM
looking foward to the sharks ducks game :snack:

Norcal Skunk
04-19-2009, 06:00 PM
Oh well ... That's why I predicted Pens in 5, not 4.

Nice game.

Same, but something tells me, that this one just may go the distance. I took the pens in 5, but...the flyers looked STRONG tonight.

dominizzo
04-19-2009, 06:40 PM
bumpus......beware...flyers are gonna win tuesday...momentum baby

dominizzo
04-19-2009, 06:42 PM
JT president...stop being a *** homer bout ur shiity habs..they suck and suck big time...ill guarantee that flyers win a cup bfore the pepper habs...im from montreal and this team has shiity media and fans like u that are homers..stop dreaming buddy...flyer power baby...flyers are better than habs and willl always be...stop comparing the 24 cups...and dont compare the habs in those days my dad was a die hard habs fan until they spurned guy lafleur if u know ur hockey ull know why...so shut it.....face the facts...habs suck

dominizzo
04-19-2009, 06:43 PM
go Ducks go...sharks are chokers.....thats for u norcal skunker...loool

JT-forpresident
04-19-2009, 07:29 PM
JT president...stop being a *** homer bout ur shiity habs..they suck and suck big time...ill guarantee that flyers win a cup bfore the pepper habs...im from montreal and this team has shiity media and fans like u that are homers..stop dreaming buddy...flyer power baby...flyers are better than habs and willl always be...stop comparing the 24 cups...and dont compare the habs in those days my dad was a die hard habs fan until they spurned guy lafleur if u know ur hockey ull know why...so shut it.....face the facts...habs suck

old habs > 2000 to present habs

yeah, it's a fact.

Habs > Flyers also :lol::chuckle:
(as for the "flyers will win a cup before the habs" assesment, see my statement above :D)

i'm no homer, if you're from montreal you've seen it in the papers, we've got so many injuries and our suposedly all star goalie is an alcoholic and couldn't play for 2 weeks because he got his *** kicked outside a bar. There are some problems with some players, but it doesn't make the canadiens franchise a bad one.

JT-forpresident
04-19-2009, 08:08 PM
Lucic suspended for one game : justice

Bumpus
04-19-2009, 08:45 PM
:lol: @ Dom saying, "if you know your hockey..."

Last time you said that, Dom was mid season ... "Bumpus, if you know your hockey, you'll trade Malkin." :lol:

Norcal Skunk
04-19-2009, 09:33 PM
:lol: @ Dom saying, "if you know your hockey..."

Last time you said that, Dom was mid season ... "Bumpus, if you know your hockey, you'll trade Malkin." :lol:

Dom knows nothing about hockey...hes a flyers fan...o.O

DolphinMistress
04-19-2009, 09:42 PM
I hope the Sharks drown the Ducks this time, tonight.... LET'S GO SHARKS!

JT-forpresident
04-19-2009, 09:49 PM
Dom knows nothing about hockey...hes a flyers fan...o.O

:lol::chuckle:

CedarPhin
04-19-2009, 10:19 PM
Ducks up on the Sharks early 1-0

KDog13
04-19-2009, 11:01 PM
Lets Go Rangers Biggest Sleeper Ever

JT-forpresident
04-20-2009, 12:39 AM
what. a. hockey game. ... WOW !

looks like my prediction will come to fruitition :D ducks in 7, maybe earlier haha. Hiller has been a very nice surprise so far for anaheim

Norcal Skunk
04-20-2009, 12:42 AM
Ducks up on the Sharks early 1-0

Man, Hiller is on effing FIRE. I thought the Sharks played a much better game tonight than their last game, but Hiller was the Ducks savior tonight. He had 40 saves. Gotta give credit where credits due, and it all goes to him.

CedarPhin
04-20-2009, 12:42 AM
Sharks drop another...the postseason swoon continues.

dominizzo
04-20-2009, 05:23 AM
bye bye Sharks....lmao at Norcal

Norcal Skunk
04-20-2009, 11:25 AM
:-)

Bumpus
04-20-2009, 12:01 PM
Damn, Skunk ... WTF is up with your boys?

Norcal Skunk
04-20-2009, 12:29 PM

HAHA. Ignore the msg I sent. I read that wrong, and as far as last nights game goes, Hiller was just on fire for that game, and then from that 5 min mark on in that game, they just started playing like crap. I dont know why, but they did. Pissin me off though. I had picked em in 5, but now its lookin like its gunna be a min of 6, IF they win. I hope they get back on track, but if not, its a loss they gave themselves.

JT-forpresident
04-20-2009, 01:27 PM

the NHL discovered a new breed of sharks lately...

the great choking shark

Norcal Skunk
04-20-2009, 02:24 PM
the NHL discovered a new breed of sharks lately...

the great choking shark

Coming from a habs fan, you really have no space to speak. ;-)

dominizzo
04-20-2009, 02:44 PM
tell him norcal.... now were talking....habs suck...and at least the sharks have a better future and great core of players than the habitants lool

JT-forpresident
04-20-2009, 03:51 PM
Coming from a habs fan, and a quebeccan, you really have no space to speak. ;-)

Habs are 8th seed, sharks are 1st ... who's the choker ?

not to mention that your team is healthy and has no problems whatsoever. We're playing without our top Center ( top goal scorer when he last played) and top defencemen (most points in the team, future captain of the habs) . and we wouldn't have been 8th seed if during the season :

1- komisarek hadn't been out for 2 months
2- tanguay hadn't been out for 3 months
3- latendresse hadn't been out for 3 months
4- price hadn't been out for a month (been injured 2 times for a monthly total)
5- markov hadn't been out for the last 10 games (lost all 10 since he's gone)
6- Lang didn't get injured for the season at midseason
7- bouillon hadn't been injured for half the season
8- O'byrne hadn't shot in his own net ( LOL )
9- 5 of our players didn't catch a virus and each were unavailable for at least a week
10- all the stuff i can't think of right now

Now watch your sharks choke for the "i don't know how many times in a row" time ! :up: i'm going to watch the backups give a whoopin to the bruins tonight. In fact, i won't, because i have a final exam from 6pm to 9:30 :(

dominizzo
04-20-2009, 04:15 PM

not to mention that your team is healthy and has no problems whatsoever. We're playing without our top Center ( top goal scorer when he last played) and top defencemen (most points in the team, future captain of the habs) . and we wouldn't have been 8th seed if during the season :

9- 5 of our players didn't catch a virus and each were unavailable for at least a week

Now watch your sharks choke for the "i don't know how many times in a row" time ! :up: i'm going to watch the backups give a whoopin to the bruins tonight. In fact, i won't, because i have a final exam from 6pm to 9:30 :(

stop being a homer............flyer power baby

JT-forpresident
04-20-2009, 04:38 PM
stop being a homer............flyer power baby

i don't understand where this comes from... it's not homerism, those are facts. You can't expect a team to win back to back the 1st seed if one year they're fresh (no injuries at all) and overachieve (according to some) , and the year after they lose half their team to injuries, finish 8th and are considered "chokers" ( even though they still made the playoffs, which IMO is surprising)

it's a reality, i'm sorry but denying those facts can just come from a "hater" . any team would lose a ****load of games under those circumstances.

to put it in perspective, it would be like the caps losing ovechkin for the season and mike green for the last 10 games of the season plus the playoffs (and you'd have all the other injuries surrounding those 2 big losses). i know lang isn't ovechkin, markov is as good as green though. But the fact remains that those four players have a huge impact on their team's success, and you can't expect a franchise to perform well without those elements.

i know dominizzo that living in montreal, you're accustomed to the typical hardcore habs fan who no matter what love their team and think they're always the best. But use your judgement please and try to read further into my posts instead of just labelling me like all the other ones, for chrissakes.

CedarPhin
04-20-2009, 04:44 PM
Hopefully the Flames can make it a series tonight.

KDog13
04-20-2009, 05:41 PM

Injuries are part off hockey. Don't blame your season because your team has players that can't stay healthy. Honestly injuries are a part of every sport, you can't ***** about it every team goes through it.

DolphinMistress
04-20-2009, 08:36 PM
I'm all for these teams in the playoffs:

Sharks
Canucks
Red Wings

Why?

Sharks - My fav West Con team
Canucks - My Fav Canadian team
Red Wings - My fav Original 6 team

JT-forpresident
04-20-2009, 09:34 PM
Injuries are part off hockey. Don't blame your season because your team has players that can't stay healthy. Honestly injuries are a part of every sport, you can't ***** about it every team goes through it.

go ahead and tell me which playoff team has had that many injuries this season and still managed to get to the post season, i dare you.

i'm not bitching, people are saying the habs suck, the habs are chokers, blablabla, on this forum

But the reality is this is the same ****ing team we saw last year who won the east conference. It's the same team, added with tanguay and lang (which is a bonus IMO) so tell me... how can the 1st seed drop to 8th in ONE year ? injuries has been a factor, and yeah, it happens to every team, but it's a better explanation than everyone's "they suck" " **** montreal" " quebecers suck" etc etc ... ****ing tired of those ignorant comments (not yours) and i'm starting to wonder why i keep trying to reason, unreasonable people. My two cents tells me it's my pride and i won't let this franchise get bad mouthed by ignorant comments

with that being said, i just hope the habs lose in 5 and not 4 ... man would that be a slap to the face

Norcal Skunk
04-20-2009, 09:46 PM
tell him norcal.... now were talking....habs suck...and at least the sharks have a better future and great core of players than the habitants lool

As much as my feelings for the french canadians are...Them > U

SpaceMountain16
04-20-2009, 11:07 PM
Au Revoir Les Habitants

CedarPhin
04-20-2009, 11:51 PM
Flames are up 4-1! Let's do this!

KDog13
04-21-2009, 12:24 AM
go ahead and tell me which playoff team has had that many injuries this season and still managed to get to the post season, i dare you.

i'm not bitching, people are saying the habs suck, the habs are chokers, blablabla, on this forum

But the reality is this is the same ****ing team we saw last year who won the east conference. It's the same team, added with tanguay and lang (which is a bonus IMO) so tell me... how can the 1st seed drop to 8th in ONE year ? injuries has been a factor, and yeah, it happens to every team, but it's a better explanation than everyone's "they suck" " **** montreal" " quebecers suck" etc etc ... ****ing tired of those ignorant comments (not yours) and i'm starting to wonder why i keep trying to reason, unreasonable people. My two cents tells me it's my pride and i won't let this franchise get bad mouthed by ignorant comments

with that being said, i just hope the habs lose in 5 and not 4 ... man would that be a slap to the face

alright i understand. I'm not a fan of some teams but I'm not gonna talk crap about them so don't worry. I mean i hate the Red Wings but dam they are good and Osgood probably one of the best goalies i have ever seen. I got Habs out in 5 so i'll be rooting for them for next game.

CedarPhin
04-21-2009, 12:31 AM
Flames won 4-2. Hopefully they can keep this streak up...and it's not a false hope rally.

KDog13
04-21-2009, 12:33 AM
Flames won 4-2. Hopefully they can keep this streak up...and it's not a false hope rally.

was watching lot of heat at the end of the game could build bad blood between teams next game

CedarPhin
04-21-2009, 12:37 AM
Yeah. It should be 2-1 in favor of the Flames...too bad they blew Game 1.

JT-forpresident
04-21-2009, 12:40 AM
alright i understand. I'm not a fan of some teams but I'm not gonna talk crap about them so don't worry. I mean i hate the Red Wings but dam they are good and Osgood probably one of the best goalies i have ever seen. I got Habs out in 5 so i'll be rooting for them for next game.

the teams i enjoy watching are the hawks, the ducks and the caps (when they play good, that is ... ). The red wings are a classic... but you kinda get tired of watching them kick *** year in and year out lol. They're the "patriots" of hockey if you will

i'll be rooting for those now lol :rolleyes2: (sorry cedar, but i'm a big hawks fan :chuckle:)

CedarPhin
04-21-2009, 12:41 AM
Don't worry about it. No hard feelings from me.

JT-forpresident
04-21-2009, 03:00 AM
Didn't watch the caps game... but 4-0 is fine by me :)

dominizzo
04-21-2009, 12:46 PM
tonite is FLYER POWERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

dominizzo
04-21-2009, 12:47 PM
are u ready for pekayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy powerplayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

PHilly goal song.................................Danny Briere.............Simon gagneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee FLYERS all the way

SpaceMountain16
04-21-2009, 01:23 PM
^ PECO Power Play**

and heres the Flyers Goal song (starts 1:10 in):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdgglY3gNQc

Bumpus
04-21-2009, 03:28 PM
Songs??? I love to sing ... (takes bait :lol: )

We'll kick your arse,
Ye Flyer SCUM!
We'll kick your arse,
And leave 'ya numb.

We'll drink to you,
When the Cup is passed.
'Ye Flyer SCUM,
WE'LL KICK YOUR ***!!!

Pens in FIVE!

Beware The PENGUINS!!!

JT-forpresident
04-21-2009, 04:39 PM
^ PECO Power Play**

and heres the Flyers Goal song (starts 1:10 in):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdgglY3gNQc

funny thing is, pennywise is from california... and anaheim plays this song in their arena... kinda lame for the flyers to come up with this :rolleyes2:

the two best goal songs IMO are the chant in madison square garden ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lq_11omneQ ), and the " olé olé" chant in montreal or our classic old school song ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mgOjeCf9jk&feature=related ) (let the bashing begin ! ) . the U2 song in montreal was played for a while, and was getting annoying, god am i happy they stopped playing it ... vertigo my *** ! lol

Bumpus
04-21-2009, 07:07 PM
Once again, the beer is going down smooth. Let's get it on!!!

Let's go Pens!
Let's go Pens!
Let's go Pens!

Bumpus
04-21-2009, 08:14 PM
Sid just scored with his ****!!!

Bumpus
04-21-2009, 08:23 PM
...with Deeeez Nuts in your mouth!

TK makes it 2-0!!!

Bumpus
04-21-2009, 08:49 PM
:lol: ... and Hartnell does what he does best ...

Pens will start the third with a 2-0 lead & a PP!
Pens in FIVE.

Beware the Penguins!

Bumpus
04-21-2009, 09:21 PM
The name is Fleury. Marc-Andre Fleury.

No soup for you!!!

Edit: ... Come back ... ONE YEAR!!!!!!!!

Beware the Penguins!

Bumpus
04-21-2009, 09:27 PM
... figures ...

2-1

Let's go Pens!
Let's go Pens!
Let's go Pens!

Bumpus
04-21-2009, 09:44 PM
... And Elvis has just left the building!!!

Bumpus
04-21-2009, 09:46 PM
C'mon boys... Sing with me. You know the words ... :lol:

SpaceMountain16
04-21-2009, 09:56 PM
That was nice of the NHL to award Sidney Crosby that goal. I'm glad they're such Penguins fans, i mean they saved the team from bankruptcy like 20 times and now they fix playoff games for them. Cool. I won't waste my time with the rest of this series, the officiating is horrendous on both sides, the NHL is dead

RIP

JT-forpresident
04-21-2009, 09:57 PM
i just watched the last 10 minutes of the game... and boy did the flyers own the pens during the whole time. Oh well, the effort was there but they're just not good enough for the pens

SpaceMountain16
04-21-2009, 10:01 PM
I'm tired of the excuses:

"oh well we hit the post so many times! We almost scored"

"Oh well Goalie X stood on his head tonight, he was just too good"

I'm tired of the redundancy....

ANOTHER Flyers team without a top tier goalie and without a top tier defense corps. AS USUAL.

This franchise is never going to win another cup. But in this NHL i don't even care.

RIP NHL: 1917-2004

JT-forpresident
04-21-2009, 10:24 PM
the 3rd period of blues-canucks is awesome ... some great hockey being played; good hits, good scoring chances and restless shifts from every player

Bumpus
04-21-2009, 10:53 PM

Space ... I expected something from you, but ...

Can you say biased, bitter, shallow, jealous, ridiculous, insane, HOMER????

... That's right, your boys aren't getting owned by the Pittsburgh Penguins ... It's the Pittsburgh Bettman's.

It's a league-wide conspiracy to destroy the obviously-superior Philadelphia Flyers.

Hello, reality calling ...

Like I said ... Pens in FIVE!!!
Enjoy the offseason. At least you'll be able to enjoy the draft w/o complications ... :wink:

Beware the PENGUINS!!!

Bumpus
04-21-2009, 11:07 PM
BTW Space, after that display ... I don't EVER expect to hear your arse whining about Sid ever again. :lol:

SpaceMountain16
04-21-2009, 11:35 PM
How did the Flyers get owned by the Penguins when the last three games they've dominated them? Out hit, out shot but failed to capitalized on numerous opportunities. They hit probably 12 posts this series, and Marc Andre Fleury made them look just foolish on other great chances. It's not getting owned, it's the same old Flyer story of running into a buzzsaw goalie. But the Penguins aren't going anywhere this year, the Flyers have outplayed them in 3 of the 4 games and the Flyers simply aren't that good of a team. Pittsburgh is out in the second round, book it.

And if you don't think the NHL favors the Penguins you're blind. Fixing games is a little far, but it's clear that Crosby and Malkin get special treatment. A 79 year old blind guy sitting in section 207 could see that wasn't a goal tonight, but the NHL decided to boost Crosby's playoff stats a little so Bettman phone one in. How nice of him. I hope the Hurricanes and Ducks make the SCF finals so the league goes bankrupt and someone starts a Hockey league actually worth watching.

JT-forpresident
04-21-2009, 11:44 PM
How did the Flyers get owned by the Penguins when the last three games they've dominated them? Out hit, out shot but failed to capitalized on numerous opportunities. They hit probably 12 posts this series, and Marc Andre Fleury made them look just foolish on other great chances. It's not getting owned, it's the same old Flyer story of running into a buzzsaw goalie. But the Penguins aren't going anywhere this year, the Flyers have outplayed them in 3 of the 4 games and the Flyers simply aren't that good of a team. Pittsburgh is out in the second round, book it.

from what i saw, i completely agree. But the pens are very opportunistic and the flyers' goalie is average, at best, so those two factors mixed together will end up in a lot of goals.

And if you don't think the NHL favors the Penguins you're blind. Fixing games is a little far, but it's clear that Crosby and Malkin get special treatment. A 79 year old blind guy sitting in section 207 could see that wasn't a goal tonight, but the NHL decided to boost Crosby's playoff stats a little so Bettman phone one in. How nice of him. I hope the Hurricanes and Ducks make the SCF finals so the league goes bankrupt and someone starts a Hockey league actually worth watching.

oh please... :foundout:

KDog13
04-21-2009, 11:46 PM
Vancouver Wins I Got it Right plus sweep Bonus points Yipee lol are we doing a point system like 1st round 2 points and bonus 1 point if you get series right lol

JT-forpresident
04-21-2009, 11:47 PM
ALEXANDRE BURROWS, LANCE.... ET COMPTE !

starting to love the nucks... ... my high school buddy steve bernier plays for them (but i always said to him he looked better at san jose lol ) , and luongo is the next big thing after brodeur and roy ... maybe i'm starting to like'em after all (honorable mention to the sedin twins for being another good reason to love that team )

KDog13
04-22-2009, 12:18 AM
ALEXANDRE BURROWS, LANCE.... ET COMPTE !

starting to love the nucks... ... my high school buddy steve bernier plays for them (but i always said to him he looked better at san jose lol ) , and luongo is the next big thing after brodeur and roy ... maybe i'm starting to like'em after all (honorable mention to the sedin twins for being another good reason to love that team )

Luongo is a beast but he actually really sucked 3-4 years ago especially when he first started lol He's come along way

JT-forpresident
04-22-2009, 12:42 AM
Luongo is a beast but he actually really sucked 3-4 years ago especially when he first started lol He's come along way

mmm i have to disagree... he was winning games by himself for the florida panthers back then. He always was a great goaltender but with a oh-so-poor surrounding cast. And he still is, he's playing for the canucks who obviously don't have elite talent at the defencemen position. They rely on luongo to keep them in the game and spend some big bucks on the offence ( sedin twins, sundin, burrows, kesler, bernier, wellwood, demitra )

they have capable defencemen but nothing out of the ordinary, salo is old, i really like bieksa, ohlund is good but old ... there are a few others

CedarPhin
04-22-2009, 01:13 AM
Sharks actually beat the Ducks.

JT-forpresident
04-22-2009, 01:49 AM

in a real tight game... hiller ran out of luck i guess heh !

Norcal Skunk
04-22-2009, 02:17 AM

Theyve been puttin in work, and its paying off. I think that that was the turn that theyve needed to have happen. Sharks in 6. One more game than I thought, but hey. It works for me.

LETS GO SHAAAAAAAARKS! *Stomp stomp ClapClapClap*

DolphinMistress
04-22-2009, 02:49 PM
Theyve been puttin in work, and its paying off. I think that that was the turn that theyve needed to have happen. Sharks in 6. One more game than I thought, but hey. It works for me.

LETS GO SHAAAAAAAARKS! *Stomp stomp ClapClapClap*

I'm with you on that, Norcal... Now, is the Sharks time to shine...

GO SHARKS & DROWN THE DUCKS!

JT-forpresident
04-22-2009, 08:28 PM
oh well, better luck next year :rolleyes2:

here's to hoping the pens kick boston's ***, i'm with ya bumpus ! :chuckle:

JT-forpresident
04-22-2009, 08:49 PM
i find it funny how lucic taunts and wants to fight against anyone who's either:
1- smaller than him
2- doesn't have a fighting pedigree

but when guys like laraque come up to him, he's all silent and still. Lucic is a helluva player, but when it comes to hitting and fighting, he chooses his targets and he never heads for the big ones. What a hockey player, but what a coward and *****.

on a sidenote, kessel who scored the killing goal was officially offside (they replayed it on hockey night in canada and even french-canadian hater don cherry admitted it was a blattant offside) ... thanks a lot, nhl ... :rolleyes2:

JT-forpresident
04-22-2009, 10:04 PM
well, the analysts at RDS (quebec's ESPN) are almost saying we'll end up last in the conference next year lol... kinda think about it... bob gainey might be fired, we have no coach, 10+ free agents, an alcoholic goalie... oh boyyy... at least we've got pacioretty/weber/d'agostini/subban/massé , who're young and promising... but the big picture ain't pretty

SpaceMountain16
04-22-2009, 10:19 PM
well, the analysts at RDS (quebec's ESPN) are almost saying we'll end up last in the conference next year lol... kinda think about it... bob gainey might be fired, we have no coach, 10+ free agents, an alcoholic goalie... oh boyyy... at least we've got pacioretty/weber/d'agostini/subban/massé , who're young and promising... but the big picture ain't pretty

Good riddance.

rdhstlr23
04-22-2009, 10:24 PM
Wooooooooooooooooah oooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhh
Let's go Rangers!!

CedarPhin
04-22-2009, 10:40 PM
Flames and Hawks are tied at 1 currently.

Let's go Flames!

JT-forpresident
04-22-2009, 11:50 PM
Flames and Hawks are tied at 1 currently.

Let's go Flames!

flames are lookin good

JT-forpresident
04-22-2009, 11:57 PM
we're set for a very good 3rd period cedar... 4-4, jesus !

CedarPhin
04-23-2009, 12:05 AM
4-4...Hopefully they can take this one.

CedarPhin
04-23-2009, 12:06 AM
Brutal giving up those 3 goals in a row like that, hopefully it doesn't kill their spirits.

KDog13
04-23-2009, 12:07 AM
Wooooooooooooooooah oooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhh
Let's go Rangers!!

I am From New York and I'm Loving It even though Rangers are my Number 2 Team I'm a Predators Fan lol Odd

BUT LET'S GO RANGERS

JT-forpresident
04-23-2009, 12:40 AM
argggg ... flames win it !

CedarPhin
04-23-2009, 01:16 AM
What a game. I thought they were doneski when Chicago tied it up.

Crazy.

JT-forpresident
04-23-2009, 01:46 AM
What a game. I thought they were doneski when Chicago tied it up.

Crazy.

:lol: some guy shot from the crease and hit the post, or he was pretty darn close, 2 minutes before the end of regulation (don't know if you recall the shot... )

... you must've ****'n'yo'pants ! :lol:

that series, along with caps-rangers and ducks-sharks are really entertaining

dominizzo
04-23-2009, 01:58 AM
flyers need one win at a time... starting tmmrw

CedarPhin
04-23-2009, 01:59 AM
I think this is the best series in the playoffs right now, but there are some pretty good ones.

Norcal Skunk
04-23-2009, 02:23 AM
Damn them flames pulled it out tonight. GG. Seems like your Flames, much like my Sharks, are still alive Ceder. Crazy game.

dominizzo::lol::lol: just :sidelol::rotfl1::bye:Flyers.

CedarPhin
04-23-2009, 03:13 AM
Yeah that Flames victory ruled.

Saddledome is a hard place to play though.

ryanosaur2000
04-23-2009, 07:50 AM
No love for my Bruins? I thought we looked very impressive in our 4 game shut out. Completely dominant...could be a good run for us, at long last, lol.

Flames ARE looking pretty good too it has be said.

Bumpus
04-23-2009, 11:56 AM
flyers need one win at a time... starting tmmrw

Hold still Dom, it'll all be over soon ...

Beware the PENGUINS!!!

Norcal Skunk
04-23-2009, 12:45 PM
No love for my Bruins? I thought we looked very impressive in our 4 game shut out. Completely dominant...could be a good run for us, at long last, lol.

Flames ARE looking pretty good too it has be said.

Personally, I have no love for the bruins. lol But just to keep it real, I have no love for em, right now cause theyve got a clear road to the cup. They have no real challenges in the east.

Bumpus
04-23-2009, 04:17 PM
Because I'm focused, I'll let that one slide for now Skunkie ... :lol:

SpaceMountain16
04-23-2009, 04:26 PM
Lets Go Penguins!

A win tonight furthers my goal of letting the NHL go bankrupt!

Bumpus
04-23-2009, 04:30 PM
... Whatever floats your boat, Space.

CDNPHIN
04-23-2009, 06:15 PM

Oh,....and lets not forget the teams "For Sale" :up:

Bumpus
04-23-2009, 06:45 PM
( glug, glug ... Ahhh! )

It's a beautiful day to send the Flyers into the offseason!

Let's go Pens!
Let's go Pens!
Let's go Pens!

JT-forpresident
04-23-2009, 07:28 PM
Oh,....and lets not forget the teams "For Sale" :up:

that, my friend, is the best news we've had in a long time

with a french canadian owner, maybe we'll finally start drafting our own guys: talented, devoted guys who are used to pressure (the LHJMQ is a hard league to play into for a 17 year old) and admire the habs since their childhood.

I've posted something similar in another post, but if the habs drafted quebecers year in and year out, we'd have one of the best teams in the nhl, but most of all, we'd have a team that sticks together no matter what and wants to win year in and year out: a team like the old habs

Bumpus
04-23-2009, 08:46 PM
Goddamn FSN Pittsburgh. I missed damn-near the entire second period (video).

So happy I got an iPhone. Radio broadcast in the bar.

Let's go Pens!!!

Bumpus
04-23-2009, 08:49 PM
Whew!!! Video feed just came back.

Let's go Pens!
Let's go Pens!
Let's go Pens!

JT-forpresident
04-23-2009, 09:00 PM
Goddamn FSN Pittsburgh. I missed damn-near the entire second period (video).

So happy I got an iPhone. Radio broadcast in the bar.

Let's go Pens!!!

the funny part is... i'm in quebec canada, and i got complete coverage of the game, in HD :lol:

the nhl needs to do a better job in the US..

DolphinMistress
04-23-2009, 09:20 PM
Let's Go Sharks!

Go Sharks Go!

Sharks All The Way!

Bumpus
04-23-2009, 10:26 PM
(ahem)

... Plate of crow, table for one.

Bumpus
04-23-2009, 10:31 PM
SOB!!! I really didn't want to go back to Philly.
Dammit!! Winning 1 of 2 should have been enough. Sigh. Six is possible, but seven looks more likely now.

Well played. (tries to hold vomit back)

Let's go Pens!
Let's go Pens!
Let's go Pens!

Bumpus
04-23-2009, 10:34 PM
JT, you sir ... Are a DICK!!! :lol:

CedarPhin
04-23-2009, 10:57 PM
Nice win by the Flyers.

SpaceMountain16
04-23-2009, 11:35 PM
Nice to see a game not marred by atrocious officiating. Although there were some bad calls again on both sides in that third period, i was just happy to see the officials letting the teams play, you can see when they did that the Flyers beat the hell out of the Pens. However i have a feeling that the league will go back to it's old ways, give the Pens some garbage PP's and Biron wont be able to steal another one. I think the Flyers lose game 6 similar to that series they played against the Sabres a few years ago.

But i hope not.....

JT-forpresident
04-23-2009, 11:55 PM
JT, you sir ... Are a DICK!!! :lol:

:hump: all the games 4 free, in HD :hump:

there's GOT to be some upside to live in canada after all :rolleyes2::lol:

JT-forpresident
04-24-2009, 01:08 AM
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2009/04/mightyducks-1.jpg

the mighty ducks: A definite winner ... :D

DolphinMistress
04-24-2009, 02:43 PM
That's the only time I liked the Ducks is when they were owned by Disney... I now officially hate them... The SHARKS are the best team in California, period...

dominizzo
04-24-2009, 04:55 PM
norcal...bye bye to sharks

dominizzo
04-24-2009, 04:55 PM
lmao at norcal...the top team in NHL gonna be taken out by a 8th place team sooo embarassing

dominizzo
04-24-2009, 04:56 PM
hmmmm hmmmmmm hmmmm bumpus.......how are u... i smell game 7 babayyyyyyyyyy

flyers win 4 2 tmmrmw aftnoon