PDA

View Full Version : Which game console is best? PS2, Xbox, or GC?

Boone
10-09-2003, 10:55 PM
I don't own one...I am looking for some advice before I buy one.

Thanks! :)

Baz
10-10-2003, 03:14 AM
PS2, definately. It has the most games, and the best ones too......

Barbarian
10-10-2003, 04:29 AM
PS2 has the largest supply of games and peripherals, not to mention the most ergonomically comfortable controllers.

Gamecube has the licenses of several favorites like Zelda, and Mario.

X-Box has the highest rated technical specs and the best graphics.

Depends on what you are looking for.. my personal favorite though is PS2 by far.

AngryDolphins
10-10-2003, 03:43 PM
xbox..all the good games on ps2 are on xbox with better graphics.. except grand turismo

Phin-o-rama
10-10-2003, 07:01 PM
and grand theft auto vice city

VanDolPhan
10-11-2003, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by Phin-o-rama
and grand theft auto vice city

That's coming soon as a double pack to Xbox. Xbox also has the better online play with extra maps etc (excluding madden thanks to greedy EA). You can also burn your cd's to the xbox harddrive and sub them into games in place of their music.

Best of all.....no memory cards needed.

If your an action gamer (FPS, Fighting games) then xbox is your machine. They are lagging in rpg's though but hopefully that will change with Fable etc.

Prime Time
10-11-2003, 06:27 PM
PS2 is definately better. I am going with Bazy...better games overall. Not only that but the XBOX controllers are SOOOO BIG and it is silly to be playing with them gigantic things.

VanDolPhan
10-11-2003, 07:14 PM
Got puny hands or something? The initial ones they had were pretty clunky but they aren't now.

It all depends on what you want it for really. Gamecube if you got kids.....xbox for the online play, no memory cards, extended controller cords, music, graphics and first person shooter gaming...........PS2 for RPG's and larger selection of games.

Games I'm waiting on right now:

Ninja Gaiden (http://www.xbox.com/en-CA/ninjagaiden/default.htm)
Fable (http://www.xbox.com/en-ca/fable/)

Fable should really help in the "lack of rpg's" department as it looks to be a game of the year type rpg. KOTOR (Knights of the old republic) was pretty good to and I believe Bioware who developed that has a couple more coming down the pipes specifically for xbox.

Phin-o-rama
10-11-2003, 07:44 PM
i never play my ps2....i prefer pc games like Counter strike and TFC

although recently i have been engulfed in star wars galaxies which is a mmorpg

great game

i plan on getting madden2004 and the adapter......

for those that have dsl...how would i run the ps2 and my computer off of the same dsl modem???

Baz
10-11-2003, 10:05 PM
Get a router......

Regan21286
10-11-2003, 10:32 PM
I kinda prefer the PS2 probably because I have the xbox and my neighbor's PS2 is much better

Boone
10-12-2003, 12:06 AM
Thanks for the input guys...I'm goin' with PS2...

Regan21286
10-12-2003, 01:52 AM
sure, no prob, I learned the hard way.

Kamikaze
10-12-2003, 04:25 AM
I own a Cube, Game Boy Advance, PS2, and a powerful PC. It all comes down to a matter of taste. No single system can claim to be the best. The PS2 has an advantage due to its sheer quantity of titles available. It is also the current king of the Role Playing Game genre. The Cube is your ticket if you're on a budget ($99) and want to choose from a smaller selection of very many high quality games. Get the Game Boy Player add on for it and then you can enjoy Game Boy Advance games on your TV. Go for a Xbox if you want a viable online gaming platform and some killer graphics. The PC gives you the best of everything, but absolutely dominates first person shooters and strategy/simulation games. and a video card that will last you 2-3 years should be a $300 investment. Finally, if you just want to play games on the go, are a 2D freak, or love replaying re-releases of classic games (Super Mario Bros. 3), then get a Game Boy Advance. The SP model will set you back $99, the regular model about $60. Games cost no more than $30-$35. It's definitely good for gaming on a budget, and it happens to be my favorite console.

AngryDolphins
10-12-2003, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by Prime Time
PS2 is definately better. I am going with Bazy...better games overall. Not only that but the XBOX controllers are SOOOO BIG and it is silly to be playing with them gigantic things. thats why they have the smaller controller..for ppl that make wack excuses.

AngryDolphins
10-12-2003, 10:13 AM
If you guys say that ps2 has more better games than xbox..can you list some please that xbox does not have..

Chubby
10-23-2003, 11:30 AM
Everyone who had playstation 1 is biased towards there PS2, But I never owned a ps1. But I do own both PS2 and Xbox. And by far my xbox is all around a better console when it comes to graphics,load time and memory. The games look and play better. Sure the PS2 has more games to choose from. but for that pick up an old school Nintendo and you can play there over 300+ titles =).

wonderl33t
10-27-2003, 06:44 PM
GC has few sports games. Unfortunately I have a GC and therefore will be getting an Xbox