PDA

View Full Version : Official UFC/MMA Thread..Spoiler Alert..

Pages : [1] 2

Findetta
03-07-2009, 09:59 PM
Don't know if there already is an official UFC thread, I tried searching but came up with nothing. If there is please just merge them thanks.

UFC 96 is tonight starting at 10 Eastern time. Looks like a pretty good card.
I'm in Ft. Lauderdale, usually I watch at Geronimo's in Davie but I may be flying solo so if anyone wants to come out or is watchin it anywhere else let me know. Anyone that likes the Dolphins is cool with me.

Dolfan3773
03-08-2009, 11:25 PM
nice event last night...

Findetta
03-08-2009, 11:45 PM
Very, the one were the ref should have stopped it 3 times was pretty interesting.

kud
03-09-2009, 01:37 AM
Yeah we needed this thread in here. Shogun vs my boy Chuck next month. The battle of who's more washed up? lol. Also Leites/A.Silva on that card should be a pretty good show.

Findetta
03-09-2009, 11:54 AM
Yeah we needed this thread in here. Shogun vs my boy Chuck next month. The battle of who's more washed up? lol. Also Leites/A.Silva on that card should be a pretty good show.

ya thats what I was thinking man, I've seen every other kind of thread on here and only came across separate UFC fights. So I figured why not make a general UFC thread.

anyway ya that fight should be interesting, I think Chuck is trying to surpass Couture in the oldest fighter league. my prediction, Shogun and Chuck KO each other at the same time. and whoever gets up first wins, lol maybe they will have the ref with the three knockdown KO rule. I'm still pullin for the Ice Man though.
I love watching Silva fight, he's entertaining and amazing. he should just go up and try his luck in light heavyweight, I hear he cuts a lot of weight before fights.

Findetta
03-09-2009, 12:01 PM
Also, whether Rampage takes the belt back or Evans keeps it, it doesn't matter. Machida will have it the next fight. I'd say light heavyweight is the most stacked division of UFC. Heavyweight is getting more interesting to, hopefully Mir can outwit Lesnar again and take the belt. But Shane Carwin is a beast to. also more and more guys are popping up, a new wave is coming.

CUBANBADGUY
03-12-2009, 06:52 PM
???

Findetta
03-17-2009, 08:10 PM
???

:confused: What are you questioning?

Findetta
03-17-2009, 08:25 PM
The Ultimate Fighter
I'm not even looking at the match ups. If the U.S. losing I will be disappointed.

UFC 97 Fight card. April 18th
http://www.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=eventDetail.fightCard&eid=1921
Silva VS Leites
Leites may be a little competition but...Spider will defend his title again. I don't see anyone but himself stopping him. Unless they catch him sleeping which is rare these days.
Liddell VS Rua
Whoever loses has to look at retiring, whoever wins.. should look at retiring.
Kongo VS Hardonk?? If Kongo doesn't win I don't know what to tell you, when he does though... How can he be denied a title shot?

UFC 98 May 23rd.
http://www.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=eventDetail.fightCard&eid=2001
Lets not got too far but... Evans VS Machida?? I really thought Dana would give his boy Rampage the title shot. The Rampage snub is a surprise but Machida taking down Evans shouldn't be.

kud
03-25-2009, 09:21 PM
http://mmaopinion.com/2009/03/23/lyoto-machida-drinks-his-own-urine-in-preparation-for-rashad-evans/

:foundout:

Wow i'm a fan of his as a fighter but that's weird as ****.

Dolfan3773
04-19-2009, 05:48 PM
Silva VS Leites was prob. the worst fight ive ever seen, it was really boring. I know both fighters were playing it smart but damn it really was crap to watch. It was also sad to see Liddell retire like that...

BobDole
04-19-2009, 06:20 PM
very disappointing fights last night. ole' chuck needs to walk away before he hurts himself. silva and leites didn't even have a fight. they had a gay-off. they both won. glad i didn't spend the money to order that one.

Dolfan3773
04-19-2009, 07:07 PM
very disappointing fights last night. ole' chuck needs to walk away before he hurts himself. silva and leites didn't even have a fight. they had a gay-off. they both won. glad i didn't spend the money to order that one.

LOL..yeah, I went to a local bar that never has a cover charge..it was a crappy eveny...BTW, that was Chucks last fight..sucked to see him go out like that

Findetta
04-19-2009, 07:11 PM
I'm not trying to see any results from last night, I couldn't watch last night but I already know the outcome of 1 thanks to friends posting it in their facebook status. Just wanted to say I'm glad this thread has come back up and hope it gets bigger. Also UFC Unleashed is on Spike right now for those that are interested.

BobDole
04-22-2009, 03:35 PM
LOL..yeah, I went to a local bar that never has a cover charge..it was a crappy eveny...BTW, that was Chucks last fight..sucked to see him go out like that

i was also smart and went to the always trusty winghouse to watch it. i would have been have been super pissed if i spent the fifty bucks for that travesty. it was indeed very sad to see chuck go out like that.

hopefully the rashad/machida fight will make up for that entire card.

PhinsLakersFan
04-24-2009, 03:08 AM
i think machida wins 2nd round TKO. whats your take? i know both like to wait and counter punch just hope that's not the case

kud
04-24-2009, 02:24 PM
Anybody watch The Ultimate Fighter? It's kinda corny but it's a guilty pleasure. They're doing team USA vs team UK. I'm not shocked to say the US team is already making fools of themselves.

As for Evans vs Machida, I got Machida by TDO (Techincal Decision Out.) :chuckle:

BobDole
04-25-2009, 04:49 PM
i think it will be a real good fight. evans is always improving and machida is no joke. i think it will go into the fourth and rashad will gas and get caught with some good shots and that will be that. really looking forward to that card.

Dolfan3773
05-03-2009, 06:16 PM
UFC 101 will be Anderson Silva vs Forrest Griffin....really looking foward for this and hoping Griffin kicks his ***!

Phinglish
05-07-2009, 08:13 AM
Hey guys. Only just noticed this thread so thought I'd say hi.

I'm a big UFC fan and echo a lot of your opinions from last time out. Chuck pretty much got me into the sport and to see him vanish like he has over the last 18 months is so sad. I thought he'd showed he still had a little in the tank vs Wanderlei Silva but I guess that was an exception.

Looking forward to Machida vs Sugar. Bout time someone stopped Evans, he's a heck of a fighter but he's a bit dull for me, I'd like to see someone shock him and bring him back to Earth.

Anderson Silva vs Forest seems like a bit of a wasted headliner to me. I don't think there's any doubt Anderson will wipe the deck with Forest, they guy is just so strong with his all round game. He doesn't have any holes. I'd sooner have seen him fight a dominant 205 lbs guy, Chuck 2 years ago or even Rampage.

KDog13
05-07-2009, 01:27 PM
Evans is the man i hope he wins

BARF
05-07-2009, 04:36 PM
has anybody played the demo for the ufc game its awesome

KDog13
05-07-2009, 09:48 PM

um hell yea its straight fire

Dolfan3773
05-07-2009, 11:12 PM

Yeah man...its good stuff, def. getting the game

moe
05-15-2009, 01:46 PM
Anybody watch The Ultimate Fighter? It's kinda corny but it's a guilty pleasure. They're doing team USA vs team UK. I'm not shocked to say the US team is already making fools of themselves.

I watch it. I'm actually a fan of the show especially when they do two fights in one show. There's only so much of the drama crap I can take tho. I don't mind a little sh** talking here and there, just not 45 minutes of it.

I'm pulling for the US team just because... but they seem to be either old, bitchy guys with a chip on their shoulder or immature guys with attitudes (who cry a lot). I think the UK will probably win both weights because they seem more focused....and Hendo pretty much sucks as a coach.

I hate michael Bisping and I hope hendo pulverizes him. (prolly won't happen:()

kud
05-15-2009, 03:03 PM
Anderson Silva vs Forest seems like a bit of a wasted headliner to me. I don't think there's any doubt Anderson will wipe the deck with Forest, they guy is just so strong with his all round game. He doesn't have any holes. I'd sooner have seen him fight a dominant 205 lbs guy, Chuck 2 years ago or even Rampage.

Really? You don't give Forrest much credit then, or you give Anderson too much credit, either way.

Forrest beat Shogun and Rampage to become the LHW champ. He was also tooling Rashad for 2.5 rounds but got caught. He is still a top 5 LHW.

j-off-her-doll
05-17-2009, 11:19 AM
Looking forward to Machida vs Sugar. Bout time someone stopped Evans, he's a heck of a fighter but he's a bit dull for me, I'd like to see someone shock him and bring him back to Earth.

Evans has a puncher's chance, but he's not the KO expert people have made him out to be. The two big KO's he's been praised for have been against fighters who have questionable chins. Chuck used to have a good chin, but a fighter can only take so many hits, and Griffin got KO'd by Jardine, and Jardine doesn't KO ANYONE. I see Machida getting the KO in round 3 or 4. Dominating the fight throughout.

I also think Silva should kill Griffin.

Really? You don't give Forrest much credit then, or you give Anderson too much credit, either way.

Forrest beat Shogun and Rampage to become the LHW champ. He was also tooling Rashad for 2.5 rounds but got caught. He is still a top 5 LHW.
_________

Griffin beat an out of shape Shogun recovering from a major injury. Shogun was winning the fight before he gassed. He could barely stand up for the majority of the 2nd - just out of exhaustion. Rampage wasn't prepared for the fight with Forrest. He thought it'd be an easy KO, and I still had Rampage winning the fight pretty clearly. I think Griffin benefited from being the UFC's golden boy, and they were going to give him the win in any fight remotely close.

Also, Griffin can't hurt anybody. He has no advantages over Silva save for size, and if he tries to take Silva to the ground, he's nowhere near Silva's grappling level. On the feat, it's clear Silva is one of the two best strikers in MMA - maybe the best. Silva was playing his last fight smart. When Leites would take a nap in the middle of the ring, hoping Silva would engage, Silva knew he was dealing with a world champion Brazilian Jujutsu expert. In Griffin, he has NOTHING to fear. Forrest can't finish good fighters. He can only point them to death or hope they gas.

Phinglish
05-18-2009, 10:47 AM
Evans has a puncher's chance, but he's not the KO expert people have made him out to be. The two big KO's he's been praised for have been against fighters who have questionable chins. Chuck used to have a good chin, but a fighter can only take so many hits, and Griffin got KO'd by Jardine, and Jardine doesn't KO ANYONE. I see Machida getting the KO in round 3 or 4. Dominating the fight throughout.

I also think Silva should kill Griffin.

Griffin beat an out of shape Shogun recovering from a major injury. Shogun was winning the fight before he gassed. He could barely stand up for the majority of the 2nd - just out of exhaustion. Rampage wasn't prepared for the fight with Forrest. He thought it'd be an easy KO, and I still had Rampage winning the fight pretty clearly. I think Griffin benefited from being the UFC's golden boy, and they were going to give him the win in any fight remotely close.

Also, Griffin can't hurt anybody. He has no advantages over Silva save for size, and if he tries to take Silva to the ground, he's nowhere near Silva's grappling level. On the feat, it's clear Silva is one of the two best strikers in MMA - maybe the best. Silva was playing his last fight smart. When Leites would take a nap in the middle of the ring, hoping Silva would engage, Silva knew he was dealing with a world champion Brazilian Jujutsu expert. In Griffin, he has NOTHING to fear. Forrest can't finish good fighters. He can only point them to death or hope they gas.

Wow. Just completely on the mark.

I wouldn't say Griffin is overrated because I don't think anyone really rates him. His little run to the title was fairytale stuff, he caught the right guys on the right nights (or wrong nights, for his opponents). He's a good fighter but most of his Ws seem to come from heart and persistence. The Jardine fight was just awful from his persepective and he made Evans look a much better fighter in the title fight.

Shogun looked so out of shape in the Griffin fight, and even against Coleman, he was gassed early in the second. Griffin will always entertain and be a fan favourite but I think as long as he is genuinely a top five fighter, the 205 class is too weak.

Anderson Silva is arguably the most talented fighter in the world. The guy hasn't been touched for like two years and has dismessed some classy guys, Hendo and Franklin to name just a couple with consomate ease. I'd really like to see GSP jump up and fight him. Now that would be a hell of a scrap.

Meanwhile, Michael Bisping is somewhat of a cult hero over here for obvious reasons. I don't see him getting anywhere near the Spider but if Franklin, Hendo and a couple of others could come though, that would be an amazing rotation to battle underneath Silva.

j-off-her-doll
05-18-2009, 01:06 PM
Anderson Silva is arguably the most talented fighter in the world. The guy hasn't been touched for like two years and has dismessed some classy guys, Hendo and Franklin to name just a couple with consomate ease. I'd really like to see GSP jump up and fight him. Now that would be a hell of a scrap.

Meanwhile, Michael Bisping is somewhat of a cult hero over here for obvious reasons. I don't see him getting anywhere near the Spider but if Franklin, Hendo and a couple of others could come though, that would be an amazing rotation to battle underneath Silva.

I'd love to see the GSP fight Silva. While I'd favor Silva, I'd give GSP a legitimate shot. GSP is the most dynamic take-down/ground-and-pound fighter in the UFC, and while Silva's very good off his back, his take-down defense is just pretty good. GSP would have a real shot at pounding him out on the ground. While Silva would have the clear stand-up advantage, GSP's quite good there, too.

And if Bisping takes out Henderson (tall order), he'd deserve a shot at Silva.

You on Sherdog? I have an account, but I never post there - too much noise.

kud
05-18-2009, 07:44 PM

Lol. Pleaaase. Shogun was never winning that fight. It's a convenient excuse that he was coming off an injury -- who cares. You step in the cage your healthy enough to fight. Was Shogun's injury also hampering him fighting Coleman cause he looked terrible in that fight.

Ok, the Shogun part was bad enough, but saying Jackson lost cause he took Forrest lightly doesn't even deserve a response.

You're welcome to believe Anderson will beat Forrest, but to discredit a fighters wins is pretty sad IMO. It's not like Forrest went in the cage and ran from these marquee names. He got in there and exchanged and earned victories.

Dolfan3773
05-18-2009, 08:55 PM
For UFC fans who live in Vegas:

Come meet UFC fighter RAMPAGE JACKSON Friday, May 22nd at the Best Buy on Maryland Pkwy!!!!
He will be there from 6:00pm to 7:30pm to sign autographs and promote the new UFC Undisputed 2009 game being released May 19th.
Don't miss your opportunity to meet him!!

Best Buy Store 289
3820 S. Mayland Pkwy
Las Vegas, NV 89119
702-732-8283 ext. 2180

j-off-her-doll
05-19-2009, 01:33 PM
Lol. Pleaaase. Shogun was never winning that fight. It's a convenient excuse that he was coming off an injury -- who cares. You step in the cage your healthy enough to fight. Was Shogun's injury also hampering him fighting Coleman cause he looked terrible in that fight.

Ok, the Shogun part was bad enough, but saying Jackson lost cause he took Forrest lightly doesn't even deserve a response.

You're welcome to believe Anderson will beat Forrest, but to discredit a fighters wins is pretty sad IMO. It's not like Forrest went in the cage and ran from these marquee names. He got in there and exchanged and earned victories.

Did you see Shogun KO Chuck? I don't think Shogun was fully back for that fight, but there's not way in Hell Forrest beats THAT Shogun. So, yes, I think Shogun was still recovering during the Coleman fight. I think he's still getting back to where he once was. I'm not taking anything away from Forrest - simply stating facts. He beat Shogun because Shogun was out of shape - probably due to his injury. Shogun was also MUCH slower in his first two UFC fights. And Rampage won the fight. He didn't knock him out like he should have, but he still out fought him. Forrest won the fight because the UFC lurrrves them some Forrest.

He can't finish people. He's not threat. He can only hope to point people to death - aka win a decision. Against fighters like Anderson Silva, that doesn't work. Silva will know that Forrest can't finish him, so he'll be aggressive.

kud
05-20-2009, 03:10 PM
Did you see Shogun KO Chuck? I don't think Shogun was fully back for that fight, but there's not way in Hell Forrest beats THAT Shogun. So, yes, I think Shogun was still recovering during the Coleman fight. I think he's still getting back to where he once was. I'm not taking anything away from Forrest - simply stating facts. He beat Shogun because Shogun was out of shape - probably due to his injury. Shogun was also MUCH slower in his first two UFC fights. And Rampage won the fight. He didn't knock him out like he should have, but he still out fought him. Forrest won the fight because the UFC lurrrves them some Forrest.

Chuck is pushing 40. He's lost 4 of his last 5 fights. He was knocked out two other times in that span(Rashad, Rampage) and was also knocked down by both Wanderlei and Jardine(He's been on his *** every fight for the last 5.) You expect me to be impressed by Shogun doing the same? Forrest is a better fighter than Chuck is right now by a landslide. Really shows your bias with how you praise him for that, and discredit Forrest's wins.

He can't finish people. He's not threat. He can only hope to point people to death - aka win a decision. Against fighters like Anderson Silva, that doesn't work. Silva will know that Forrest can't finish him, so he'll be aggressive.

That's weird, you must think Machida really sucks. He's a 'out-pointing' expert. Most people think he will mop Rashad and win the belt.

j-off-her-doll
05-20-2009, 11:22 PM
That's weird, you must think Machida really sucks. He's a 'out-pointing' expert. Most people think he will mop Rashad and win the belt.

Machida has finished Franklin and Thiago Silva. He's a very capable finisher - by both KO and submission. What quality fighter has Griffin KO'd or submitted? And, the Shogun fight obviously doesn't count. Shogun gave his back just so he could stop fighting. He was that tired.

Also, Chuck was winning the Evan's fight before he got caught, and Rampage is one of the best light heavy weights in the game today. I think Chuck would be Griffin 4 out of 5 times. To beat Chuck, you have to threaten him. Griffin isn't a threat to anyone - save for an out-pointing threat.

If you've actually seen Machida fight, you'd know that he's a very capable finisher, and if you've seen Griffin fight, you'd know he's not.

kud
05-20-2009, 11:51 PM
Machida has finished Franklin and Thiago Silva. He's a very capable finisher - by both KO and submission. What quality fighter has Griffin KO'd or submitted? And, the Shogun fight obviously doesn't count. Shogun gave his back just so he could stop fighting. He was that tired.

Machida has finished one fight by KO in 3 years, his last, and 4 KOs in 14 fights why try and twist it? He's a point fighter.

There is no fight that 'doesn't count.' Shogun stepped in the cage he was healthy to fight. Shogun gave his back because Forrest was tooling him on the feet and the ground.

Also, Chuck was winning the Evan's fight before he got caught, and Rampage is one of the best light heavy weights in the game today. I think Chuck would be Griffin 4 out of 5 times. To beat Chuck, you have to threaten him. Griffin isn't a threat to anyone - save for an out-pointing threat.

Chuck was winning the Shogun fight before he got caught too, what's your point? Chuck doesn't defend punches, and he's much slower to react in his old age, thus he always gets caught, it's inevitable. What part of 4 losses in his last 5, 2 KOs and 7 knockdowns is not registering? Chuck is one of my all time favorite fighters but facts are facts, and your arguing with pure bias.

I don't know what your obsession is with finishing fights, a win is a win. Sure finishes are more exciting but it doesn't mean a fighter is less skilled or accomplished in the sport. You talk as if Forrest just punches and runs. No, Forrest gets in the pocket and exchanges, the only difference is he lacks KO power. Which is more, not less of a testament to his ability because he still wins fights without good power.

Once again, I don't care who you root for, or think is better, but trying to cheapen Forrest's achievements and overall ability is quite sad to me. Reeks of bitter Shogun fanboyism.

j-off-her-doll
05-21-2009, 10:15 AM
Almost everything you're saying is blatantly wrong.

There is no fight that 'doesn't count.' Shogun stepped in the cage he was healthy to fight. Shogun gave his back because Forrest was tooling him on the feet and the ground.

He was not healthy to fight. He looked like an old-man version of himself. Shogun was winning the striking game before he gassed. He gassed and then couldn't even hold his hands above his waist. If you couldn't see that - couldn't hold his hands above his ****ing waist - I don't know what you are capable of seeing.

Chuck was winning the Shogun fight before he got caught too, what's your point? Chuck doesn't defend punches, and he's much slower to react in his old age, thus he always gets caught, it's inevitable. What part of 4 losses in his last 5, 2 KOs and 7 knockdowns is not registering? Chuck is one of my all time favorite fighters but facts are facts, and your arguing with pure bias.

Chuck was NOT winning the fight before Shogun caught him - not even close. He is not the fighter he was. That much is clear. That said, the primary difference is the competition level. When he was dominating, there was no one in his weight class that posed a real threat - save for Randy, but even Randy had a bad match up against him. When the UFC expanded and started bringing in some great strikers, Chuck found himself primarily outclassed. Rampage is one of the best boxers - not the most complete striker - in the class, and before Shogun blew out his knee, many people had him as the best pound-for-pound fighter in the world. He beat Wanderlei Silva, and he looked very sharp in the win. The loss to Jardine I attribute as a hangover loss. Jardine's an awkward fighter anyway, but I don't think Chuck had recovered from the loss to Rampage. Until that fight, he had been untouchable for a few years (in the UFC). I attribute his loss to Evans as a stupid mistake. Up until that point, Evans hadn't shown a good deal of punching power, so I don't think Chuck feared him at all.

I don't know what your obsession is with finishing fights, a win is a win. Sure finishes are more exciting but it doesn't mean a fighter is less skilled or accomplished in the sport. You talk as if Forrest just punches and runs. No, Forrest gets in the pocket and exchanges, the only difference is he lacks KO power. Which is more, not less of a testament to his ability because he still wins fights without good power.

Forrest fights to the best of his ability. He utilizes what he has as much as anyone in the UFC. I actually like him - not as much as most people, but I find him to be a generally amiable character. The issue is not that Forrest does not finish fights. It's that he isn't capable of finishing fights against good fighters. This has nothing to do with how much I like him. It has everything to do with his chances of beating a fighter like Anderson Silva. When you fight a striker as dynamic as Silva, you had better give him something to keep him honest. There is no area of Griffin's game that Silva has to take into account. Silva's last fight was boring because he had to worry about Leites' submissions. Forrest has no aspect of his game to keep Silva honest in that way.

Once again, I don't care who you root for, or think is better, but trying to cheapen Forrest's achievements and overall ability is quite sad to me. Reeks of bitter Shogun fanboyism.

MMA is too transient in nature for me to attach myself to one fighter. I enjoy watching certain fighters more than others. One of the best things about the sport is that the most dynamic fighters tend to be the best. Though Machida doesn't always finish people, I find his fights very dynamic. If Shogun can get back to where he was, he will be Machida's greatest competition at LH.

kud
05-21-2009, 01:40 PM
Almost everything you're saying is blatantly wrong.

He was not healthy to fight. He looked like an old-man version of himself. Shogun was winning the striking game before he gassed. He gassed and then couldn't even hold his hands above his waist. If you couldn't see that - couldn't hold his hands above his ****ing waist - I don't know what you are capable of seeing.

Your right, he didn't look like he did in Pride. Too bad they didn't continue to let him juice up in the States as he did in Japan huh?

Chuck was NOT winning the fight before Shogun caught him - not even close. He is not the fighter he was. That much is clear. That said, the primary difference is the competition level. When he was dominating, there was no one in his weight class that posed a real threat - save for Randy, but even Randy had a bad match up against him. When the UFC expanded and started bringing in some great strikers, Chuck found himself primarily outclassed. Rampage is one of the best boxers - not the most complete striker - in the class, and before Shogun blew out his knee, many people had him as the best pound-for-pound fighter in the world. He beat Wanderlei Silva, and he looked very sharp in the win. The loss to Jardine I attribute as a hangover loss. Jardine's an awkward fighter anyway, but I don't think Chuck had recovered from the loss to Rampage. Until that fight, he had been untouchable for a few years (in the UFC). I attribute his loss to Evans as a stupid mistake. Up until that point, Evans hadn't shown a good deal of punching power, so I don't think Chuck feared him at all.

Lol, i'm not going to get into an argument whether Chuck was winning or not. It wasn't even a full one round fight. But that round was close in landed strikes until Chuck was knocked down, I don't know where you get 'not even close.'

But in the end, your basicly just making the case for why Chuck is washed up, thus re-enforcing my point that Shogun winning this fight wasn't very impressive.

Forrest fights to the best of his ability. He utilizes what he has as much as anyone in the UFC. I actually like him - not as much as most people, but I find him to be a generally amiable character. The issue is not that Forrest does not finish fights. It's that he isn't capable of finishing fights against good fighters. This has nothing to do with how much I like him. It has everything to do with his chances of beating a fighter like Anderson Silva. When you fight a striker as dynamic as Silva, you had better give him something to keep him honest. There is no area of Griffin's game that Silva has to take into account. Silva's last fight was boring because he had to worry about Leites' submissions. Forrest has no aspect of his game to keep Silva honest in that way.

Forrest is the number 3 ranked LHW in the world. He has plenty of ability. What he doesn't have is KO power. Now, as well rounded as he may be, he prefers to strike. So on paper, yes Anderson has the advantage. But then again so did Rampage right? Obviously Page had way more power. And it was a 5 round fight. Forrest got caught a few times but persevered in the end. Few can contend with Forrest Griffin's heart. That's what makes him a top fighter more than anything else.

MMA is too transient in nature for me to attach myself to one fighter. I enjoy watching certain fighters more than others. One of the best things about the sport is that the most dynamic fighters tend to be the best. Though Machida doesn't always finish people, I find his fights very dynamic. If Shogun can get back to where he was, he will be Machida's greatest competition at LH.

There was nothing dynamic about Shogun's last fight, or any he's had in the UFC really. Sounds like your living on passed glory my friend.

Findetta
05-23-2009, 08:23 PM
Decent card tonight guys. My prediction, Machida will take it.

kud
05-23-2009, 09:29 PM
Machida over Evans armbar 3rd.

Hughes over Serra TKO 2nd via ground n pound.

Sherk over Edgar decision.

j-off-her-doll
05-24-2009, 12:39 AM
Predicted Machida would KO Evans in the 3rd or 4th. Got him a little quicker than I expected, but I'm not shocked.

kud
05-24-2009, 12:52 AM
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2009/05/machidavsrashadgoodfellasstyle-1.gif

Findetta
05-24-2009, 01:37 AM
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2009/05/machidavsrashadgoodfellasstyle-1.gif

ha, pretty close to what actually happened. Damn I'm glad Machida got him. I think he'll have the belt almost as long as Liddell did if not longer. I want to see him and Anderson Silva fight, that should be interesting.
It was a great night, I watched at my buddies and he has a mini movie theater complete with posters and a popcorn machine. Also another one of our friend's knows some Red Bull girls and two came by and gave us free Red Bull and that new cola they have has a horrible after taste. But great night had by all.

kud
05-24-2009, 04:39 AM
Gotta love MMA.

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2009/05/x0tuuu-1.jpg

Rashad's crumpled up corpse.

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2009/05/2n6dk0o-1.jpg

Dolfan3773
05-26-2009, 01:28 AM
I cant stand Rashad, im glad he got beat.

Are you guys looking foward for UFC 100?

Nappy Roots
05-26-2009, 03:47 PM
im looking forward to ufc 100 definitely. i wish they would start the broad cast earlier because theirs quite a few fights on the under card i would want to see, that likely wont be broad casted...

BobDole
05-29-2009, 02:17 PM
pretty good card IMO. machida made rashad look even worse than i thought he would. edgar's got some skills - sherk is done. the days of one dimensional fighters are over. just ask royce. i love watching mcfedries fight - that ko power is ridiculous. too bad he has zero ground game.

what do we think about the next card? i'll predict franklin ko's silva - velasquez murders kongo - swick ko's saunders - davis ko's hardy - fisher over uno - taylor over sobotta - and kelly ko's delgado. who cares about the other fights.

i like this next card for two big reasons. one is the brawl potential. although these might not be the biggest names (anymore at least), all these matchups favor two guys standing and throwing. if i wanted to watch wrestling, i'd watch wrestling. gonna see some nice knockouts. the other reason is velasquez. all the mma insiders are saying he's the next big thing. i haven't seen him fight enough yet to say one way or another, but i can't wait to see this one. good stuff.

kud
05-29-2009, 09:27 PM
I agree with your picks for the next card Bob, except i'm taking Ben Saunders over Mike Swick. Kinda don't like the main event cause i'm a big fan of both fighters, hate when that happens. But should be a good matchup.

Some other good MMA events are coming up as well, StrikeForce June 6th with Robbie Lawler vs Jake Shields headlining, also Nick Diaz vs Scott Smith, and June 7th WEC, Urijah Faber vs Mike Brown for the featherweight belt.

j-off-her-doll
05-30-2009, 02:10 AM
I'm looking forward to 100. I'm kind of surprised 99 is pay per view. While I'm excited about the Franklin vs. Silva fight because it should be full of fireworks, neither fighter is a real factor at 205 or 185. And, the UFC is in a bit of a strange spot. If Silva wins - as they hope, I'm sure - they could eventually have a Silva vs. Silva fight at 185. If Franklin wins, it just means he can beat another fighter not named Anderson.

BobDole
05-31-2009, 03:09 PM
I agree with your picks for the next card Bob, except i'm taking Ben Saunders over Mike Swick. Kinda don't like the main event cause i'm a big fan of both fighters, hate when that happens. But should be a good matchup.

Some other good MMA events are coming up as well, StrikeForce June 6th with Robbie Lawler vs Jake Shields headlining, also Nick Diaz vs Scott Smith, and June 7th WEC, Urijah Faber vs Mike Brown for the featherweight belt.

saunders could very well take out swick - if he can cope with swick's hand speed that is. if not i don't see that going out of the first round.

can't wait for the brown/faber fight. faber bugs the **** out of me and i would very much like to see him get used again. would like to see smith knock out diaz as well - not a fan of his. i wouldn't mind seeing a diaz/lawler rematch.

BobDole
06-07-2009, 12:59 AM

interesting card tonight. diaz made smith look silly. too bad. lawler got over-excited and got caught in a choke by a nobody. ****ty. at least i'm drunk.

KDog13
06-07-2009, 01:29 AM
Yes Brett Rogers is on the Rise. He beat Arlovski in 22 seconds.

kud
06-07-2009, 02:43 AM
interesting card tonight. diaz made smith look silly. too bad. lawler got over-excited and got caught in a choke by a nobody. ****ty. at least i'm drunk.

Shields definitely isn't a nobody, he's a top 5 welterweight easily, who just tooled a natural 185er. He trains with Nick Diaz at Cesar Gracie camp, too bad cause that would be a great fight, but guys in the same camp don't usually like to fight eachother.

Luckily for me i'm a fan of both guys.. aside from Arlovski getting embarrased it was a good night of fights for me.

Dolfan3773
06-08-2009, 12:13 AM
Do you guys watch WEC too? Mike Brown/Urijah Faber 2 was a pretty good fight tonight. Urijah Faber has heart for fighting with his broken hand (broke it in the first round).

Tpaddle
06-08-2009, 02:19 AM
yea brown/faber was a great fight...happy mike got it done

kud
06-08-2009, 02:42 AM
which judge had it 48-47, he needs to be fired lol. I had it 50-45 Brown. 1st round was close. Unfortunate Urijah hurt his hand though, fight was good coulda been better. I don't know how you could argue Faber won two rounds, maybe one but w/e.

BobDole
06-08-2009, 12:33 PM
which judge had it 48-47, he needs to be fired lol. I had it 50-45 Brown. 1st round was close. Unfortunate Urijah hurt his hand though, fight was good coulda been better. I don't know how you could argue Faber won two rounds, maybe one but w/e.

seriously. brown owned him. decent fight though.

BobDole
06-08-2009, 12:37 PM
Shields definitely isn't a nobody, he's a top 5 welterweight easily, who just tooled a natural 185er. He trains with Nick Diaz at Cesar Gracie camp, too bad cause that would be a great fight, but guys in the same camp don't usually like to fight eachother.

Luckily for me i'm a fan of both guys.. aside from Arlovski getting embarrased it was a good night of fights for me.

huh. i had never heard of him before a few nights ago - and i follow mma pretty closely. i thought arlovski was gonna put on a better showing as well - he's pretty much done. i can't stand diaz. i wanted smith to hurt him.

kud
06-08-2009, 02:48 PM
huh. i had never heard of him before a few nights ago - and i follow mma pretty closely. i thought arlovski was gonna put on a better showing as well - he's pretty much done. i can't stand diaz. i wanted smith to hurt him.

The guy like never loses. He's beat some some good opponents, Okami, Condit, Thompson, I can't remember when he last lost. I guess he doesn't get much exposure but he's pretty good. Definitely one of the best welters outside of the ufc. would be interesting to see him vs the few good ufc WWs lol.

kud
06-08-2009, 09:37 PM
Faber's broken hand he fought through. No doubt he's one tough mutha.

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2009/06/11571232-1.jpg

Dolfan3773
06-14-2009, 01:41 AM
Rich Franklin beats Wanderlei Silva by UD tonight

BobDole
06-14-2009, 01:56 AM
not exciting in the least. hate seeing decisions in mma. the only one that really shocked me was davis getting beat - can't believe hardy got the best of him. velasquez didn't impress like he was supposed to - we'll see how he progresses. got decently drunk so i'll need to see the fights twice before a non drunk opinion can be formed.

can't believe with that card how many decisions there were. ****ty.

Dolfan3773
06-14-2009, 12:00 PM
Yeah, that event was pretty bad...lets hope UFC 100 will be worth the hype

kud
06-15-2009, 05:33 PM
Good call on the Swick fight Bob. I guess I thought too much of Saunders' performance against lower level fighters.

KDog13
06-15-2009, 09:57 PM
Can't wait till july 11 im ordering ufc 100 i'm excited

j-off-her-doll
06-17-2009, 11:44 AM
I didn't bother ordering UFC 99, but from what I've read, some people feel that Silva got the best of Franklin. Any thoughts?

Also, sounds like Machida will fight Shogun for his first title defense. While this is a dream fight, I think they're rushing it a bit. D. White is getting greedy. The Evans/Rampage match isn't that exciting as a fight - more about the personalities and the season of TUF. A. Silva should kill Griffin, but it won't matter because A. Silva won't fight Machida. They should have Shogun beat Griffin before he gets his title shot; let Rampage fight Machida; let Evans fight someone else. That way, the winner of the Shogun/Griffin fight would get the winner of the Machida/Rampage fight. Unless Shogun actually beats Machida - I don't think he's ready yet - the LH division is going to be awkward for a while.

Nappy Roots
06-17-2009, 01:59 PM
Personally i felt like Silva one, but it was to close for me to say either way. Silva used to be my favorite fighter, so i figured my love for him as a fighter made me think he won a close fight, he is just over the hill now. he showed unbelieveable heart in that fight, and every fight he fights in. he usually puts on a great showing.

j-off-her-doll
06-18-2009, 12:43 PM
Personally i felt like Silva one, but it was to close for me to say either way. Silva used to be my favorite fighter, so i figured my love for him as a fighter made me think he won a close fight, he is just over the hill now. he showed unbelieveable heart in that fight, and every fight he fights in. he usually puts on a great showing.

I, too, like and feel sorry for Silva. I was very excited to see him crush Jardine and hoped it would mark a comeback of sorts. I think Sherdog had Silva winning the fight.

kud
06-18-2009, 03:01 PM
i don't think Silva won, but it was a close fight. Franklin put him on his *** a couple times. I'd say he won a close round 1 and round 3. Wanderlei took round 2. But, it was close enough that I can see how people could make that distinction.

kud
06-21-2009, 04:32 PM
Decent show last night for free TV. Surprised Joe Daddy tooled Nate Diaz like that.

I read some people dissing Guida cause he 'lays and prays' but I think he's awesome. Dude's a little round hairball of energy.

Dolfan3773
06-21-2009, 09:44 PM
Decent show last night for free TV. Surprised Joe Daddy tooled Nate Diaz like that.

I read some people dissing Guida cause he 'lays and prays' but I think he's awesome. Dude's a little round hairball of energy.

Yeah man, the Sanchez/Guida fight was pretty sick. Good fight. Its true though, that guy has some damn energy and a chin of a rock

moe
06-23-2009, 07:28 PM
That was an awsome fight. A lot of folks thought guida actually pulled it out. I can see how it could go either way. I here's the way I had it
Rd 1 Sanchez 10-9
Rd 2 Draw 10-10 or 9-9 however it goes.
Rd 3 Guida 10-9

A lot of people thought Sanchez got the 1st round 10-8, but I think Guida might have done enough to make you believe he was still in the fight, which he was. I could see how the second round could go either way because, though Guida was aggressive and somewhat effective from the top, Sanchez did bust him open with those elbows. Still, mad props to Guida for making it through that 1st round.

Dolfan3773
07-07-2009, 08:24 PM
Just a couple of days until UFC 100!

What are your prediction guys?

I honestly don't like neither Lesnar or Mir but would like Lesnar to win. I hate Michael Bisping and hope Dan Henderson kicks his *** but the one I want to see win is Thiago Alves ( He's one of my fav. fighters).

kud
07-08-2009, 05:54 AM
I found this pretty amusing.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FKx6_K5MgxE&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FKx6_K5MgxE&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I got Lesnar, Alves, and Henderson

moe
07-08-2009, 11:16 AM
I don't like Mir or Bisping. Both of those guys are arrogant as hell. I think Bisping will beat Hendo by split decision because he will rely on sound defense and won't take too many chances and won't make many mistakes. Bisping will do just enough to win the favor of the judges. It will be boring.

I think Brock will beat mir by referee stoppage due to strikes. He was owning Mir in the first fight before he got caught in that leg lock. Hopefully, with a little bit more experience under his belt, Lesnar will not get caught before he KOs Mir.

j-off-her-doll
07-08-2009, 12:56 PM
I'm one of those people that disses Guida.

But, to UFC 100:

I'm most excited about the GSP fight. He should beat Alves. He's a better striker and a better grappler, but Alves can finish, so he's a threat. If GSP wins, there's really no one else for him to fight at 170, and from what I hear, he WILL be fighting A. Silva. If there ever were a dream fight, that'd be up there.

Unless Henderson gets old really fast, he should murder Bisping. Henderson is the only person not named Anderson to beat Rich Franklin since December, 2003.

I don't know how to think of the Mir/Lesnar fight. Mir beat a very weakened Nogueira, but he looked pretty good. Brok beat a notably older (slower, less physically stable) Randy. So, they're both coming of strange wins - where they both looked pretty good. Also, we don't know to what extend Lensar's improved his submission defense - as he's not been tested in that area.

BobDole
07-08-2009, 07:30 PM
the lesnar/mir fight is real simple. if they stay on their feet, lesnar murders him. if they go to the ground at basically any point during the fight, lesnar will get caught in an arm bar or leg lock. i think lesnar is smart enough to stay on his feet and not pounce on mir once he goes down - learning from the last fight - and will just demolish mir. i think GSP dismantles alves, although i would love the opposite to come true. hate GSP with a passion. i think henderson should handle bisping - hate that cocky *** brit as well. i see one of those huge looping right hands that henderson likes to throw putting bisping in his place. he's not an easy guy to hit - so henderson needs to keep his composure and not chase him down like everyone else does.

not a huge fan of the undercard - but i see fitch, akiyama, bonner, miller, o'brien, grant, dollaway, and grice all walking away with victories - although most of those fights can go either way.

kud
07-08-2009, 08:17 PM
the lesnar/mir fight is real simple. if they stay on their feet, lesnar murders him. .

That's funny because on the countdown to UFC 100 show Mir says he'd beat Brock in a striking match 99 times out of 100.

Course I strongly disagree. As Rogan said, if you get hit with one of those lunch boxes Brock calls hands you're gonna hit the ground.

I agree with what you said about GSP Alves, I picked that fight with my heart and not my mind. I want to see Alves win and I think he has a chance if he can manage to keep it standing, Hughes and Koscheck couldn't ground him so that's a pretty good sign. GSP is obviously the favorite however.

BobDole
07-08-2009, 08:23 PM
That's funny because on the countdown to UFC 100 show Mir says he'd beat Brock in a striking match 99 times out of 100.

Course I strongly disagree. As Rogan said, if you get hit with one of those lunch boxes Brock calls hands you're gonna hit the ground.

I agree with what you said about GSP Alves, I picked that fight with my heart and not my mind. I want to see Alves win and I think he has a chance if he can manage to keep it standing, Hughes and Koscheck couldn't ground him so that's a pretty good sign. GSP is obviously the favorite however.

i watched that countdown too - and laughed out loud. mir doesn't have a quarter of the power that lesnar does. hell, lesnar took couture out with a glazing blow to the side/back of the head. mir's game is on the ground. sure, he looked good on his feet against nogueira, but doesn't everybody? i'm sure his hands have improved but unless he plans on hitting lesnar a hundred times - and lesnar not hitting him once - he needs to take that fight to the ground.

the GSP/alves fight should be entertaining. GSP is just as dangerous on his feet than on the ground so alves has his work cut out for him. am very much looking forward to that one.

kud
07-08-2009, 09:08 PM
i watched that countdown too - and laughed out loud. mir doesn't have a quarter of the power that lesnar does. hell, lesnar took couture out with a glazing blow to the side/back of the head. mir's game is on the ground. sure, he looked good on his feet against nogueira, but doesn't everybody? i'm sure his hands have improved but unless he plans on hitting lesnar a hundred times - and lesnar not hitting him once - he needs to take that fight to the ground.

Problem is, there's no way he's taking Lesnar to the ground. If Lesnar is wise he'd force Mir to stand and bang rather than get in his guard and have to fend off submission attempts.

the GSP/alves fight should be entertaining. GSP is just as dangerous on his feet than on the ground so alves has his work cut out for him. am very much looking forward to that one.

Yes, i'm looking forward to this one the most. I read Alves was having trouble making weight earlier in the week, but he has it under control said he was 183 as of yesterday, has to lose 13 lbs in 3 days, yikes. But according to him it's routine and he says he's ahead of schedule.

j-off-her-doll
07-08-2009, 11:38 PM
Just out of curiosity, why the hate for GSP? Not a point to argue, just curious.

To me, GSP's the most complete fighter in the UFC - maybe all of MMA (would probably go Fedor). I have only one criticism for GSP: when he takes someone down and has the chance to finish, he wrestles too much - rather than creating space to knock out his opponent. But, 99% of fighters have this fault.

kud
07-09-2009, 03:12 AM
Just out of curiosity, why the hate for GSP? Not a point to argue, just curious.

To me, GSP's the most complete fighter in the UFC - maybe all of MMA (would probably go Fedor). I have only one criticism for GSP: when he takes someone down and has the chance to finish, he wrestles too much - rather than creating space to knock out his opponent. But, 99% of fighters have this fault.

couple reasons

-i'm a big Penn fan, and still a little bit bitter.
-during the Penn fight it was discovered GSP had been greasing his body, so Penn couldn't do crap from guard, lost a lot of respect learning that
-i love Alves explosiveness, he fights mean, and mean fighters are fun to watch
-Alves winning would refresh the WW division. GSP has already beat most of the top contenders. Next in line would probably be the winner of Swick/Kampmann, and I see GSP tooling either of them.

BobDole
07-09-2009, 01:36 PM
Problem is, there's no way he's taking Lesnar to the ground. If Lesnar is wise he'd force Mir to stand and bang rather than get in his guard and have to fend off submission attempts.

Yes, i'm looking forward to this one the most. I read Alves was having trouble making weight earlier in the week, but he has it under control said he was 183 as of yesterday, has to lose 13 lbs in 3 days, yikes. But according to him it's routine and he says he's ahead of schedule.

lesnar has a tendency to pounce on people and throw those hammers when he knocks someone down. that's the problem.

hoping its the most entertaining fight of the lot. hope alves has the stamina. my gut tells me the henderson fight is gonna be the best.

BobDole
07-09-2009, 01:37 PM

he's french. the greasing thing didn't help his cause much either.

j-off-her-doll
07-09-2009, 07:27 PM
-i'm a big Penn fan, and still a little bit bitter.
-during the Penn fight it was discovered GSP had been greasing his body, so Penn couldn't do crap from guard, lost a lot of respect learning that
-i love Alves explosiveness, he fights mean, and mean fighters are fun to watch
-Alves winning would refresh the WW division. GSP has already beat most of the top contenders. Next in line would probably be the winner of Swick/Kampmann, and I see GSP tooling either of them.

I don't think it's fair to say he was greasing. Penn was never in a position on the ground to even have the grease be a factor. GSP so physically dominated Penn that - had they both been bone dry - Penn was never in a position to even attempt a submission. I like Penn as a fighter, think he's a girl for making an issue out of the greasing. As far as the detail of the greasing, GSP was definitely not greasing his own body. His corner guy responsible for keeping his face greased touched - not rubbed, but touched - a few pressure points in an effort to help his chi. If Penn had an issue during the fight, he could have had the ref look into it. It would have been as simple as wiping GSP off with a towel between rounds. In fact, I watched a replay after the controversy, and I remember him being wiped down after being "greased."

So, Penn was being a terrible loser. I'm sure they noticed the grease man's mistake after the fight and then said, 'Hey, he did feel greasy.' If GSP fought Penn 100 times, he'd win 95 - at least.

kud
07-09-2009, 09:07 PM
I don't think it's fair to say he was greasing. Penn was never in a position on the ground to even have the grease be a factor. GSP so physically dominated Penn that - had they both been bone dry - Penn was never in a position to even attempt a submission. I like Penn as a fighter, think he's a girl for making an issue out of the greasing. As far as the detail of the greasing, GSP was definitely not greasing his own body. His corner guy responsible for keeping his face greased touched - not rubbed, but touched - a few pressure points in an effort to help his chi. If Penn had an issue during the fight, he could have had the ref look into it. It would have been as simple as wiping GSP off with a towel between rounds. In fact, I watched a replay after the controversy, and I remember him being wiped down after being "greased."

So, Penn was being a terrible loser. I'm sure they noticed the grease man's mistake after the fight and then said, 'Hey, he did feel greasy.' If GSP fought Penn 100 times, he'd win 95 - at least.

Whether it effected the outcome of the fight is irrelavent, he was cheating.

here's the trainer holding a jar of vaseline, you can see the NSAC representative coming over.

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2009/07/greaser-1.gif

Here he's rubbing over GSP, shoulders and back, You're only allowed to have a small amount of vaseline on your face.

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2009/07/greasing2-1.gif

there was an issue during the fight, the athletic commission guy even came into the cage. Here's an NSAC guy wiping him down with a towel.

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

Keep in mind BJ Penn is one of the most flexible guys in MMA, his legs slide right down as he tries to trap the shoulders.

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2009/07/slip3-1.gif

kud
07-10-2009, 11:22 PM
Wow, ESPN's coverage of the weigh-ins sucked. They keep cutting away during the staredowns. I guess I should be happy that ESPN is even finally starting to take MMA seriously as a sport, but not if they're gonna butcher the simplest of things.

KDog13
07-11-2009, 12:14 AM
ufc 100 im ordering it can't wait good fighters

kud
07-12-2009, 01:38 AM
Wow Bisping got KTFO.

Dolfan3773
07-12-2009, 01:50 AM
Wow Bisping got KTFO.

I loved it....

The event pretty much went the way I wanted it to except the GSP vs Alves fight. Good event

Jimi
07-12-2009, 03:06 AM
Great card!

That first fight was great, could have gone ethir way but the Pop star did land a lot of very fast punches. Crazy quick striker, just had no power.

Dan Henderson did just as we all thought/hoped. I love how Bisping gave no respect to that hammer of a right hand by continually leaning right towards it. His eyes rolled back before he hit the mat.

GSP is just too good. I like Alves a lot and he was able to neutralize GSPs game more than most can say and he still came out beaten and bruised.

Lesnar is absolutely nuts but i thought it was a riot. None the less the man is a freak and will hold on to that belt for quite some time.

kud
07-12-2009, 03:32 AM
I loved it....

The event pretty much went the way I wanted it to except the GSP vs Alves fight. Good event

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2009/07/2ntikc7-1.jpg

That last shot was bloody ruthless mate.

Findetta
07-12-2009, 08:03 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2009/07/2ntikc7-1.jpg

That last shot was bloody ruthless mate.

Haha, it was great. I'm not for kicking a guy while he's down but he had it coming. He non stop disrespected Henderson until... he was knocked out. I don't hold anything against Henderson for doing it. Even he said normally we wouldn't do that but Bisbing is Bisbing.
My take on the card.
Belcher got robbed in the first fight of the night.
So glad Henderson laid out Bisbing.
I thought Alves would've been more of a challenge for GSP. I was rooting for Alves some of my friends train with ATT. GSP did say after the fight to give him time to gain the weight and he will move up possibly to fight Silva which I'm glad to hear he is willing to try it.
I'm not a fan of Lesnar but I think it will be tough for anyone to take the belt from him. He's only going to get better which is scary.

moe
07-12-2009, 10:25 PM
I was actually rooting for Brock before this fight. I thought he should have won the 1st fight against mir as well. Other than a rookie mistake, he beat Mir down.

I wasn't very impressed with him in this fight though. If he ever gets a challenge from somebody close to his own weight, he will have trouble. That being said, I don't see any real contenders at his weight.

All of the smack talk afterward just made him look stupid.

I'm so glad Hendo Knocked Bisping T F O.

kud
07-13-2009, 01:11 AM
This was priceless, I bet the camera man was glad the cage was protecting him. Looks like something out of a stephen king movie.

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2009/07/lesnarfence-1.gif

kud
07-13-2009, 01:16 AM
I was actually rooting for Brock before this fight. I thought he should have won the 1st fight against mir as well. Other than a rookie mistake, he beat Mir down.

I wasn't very impressed with him in this fight though. If he ever gets a challenge from somebody close to his own weight, he will have trouble. That being said, I don't see any real contenders at his weight.

All of the smack talk afterward just made him look stupid.

I'm so glad Hendo Knocked Bisping T F O.

Shane Carwin is a pretty big dude. He's like 6'3 265. If he gets passed Cain Velasquez, he'll get a shot at Brock. He doesn't have close to the wrestling Lesnar has but he has very heavy hands -- a punchers chance at best.

Dana White said in the postshow press conference that he's determined to get a deal with Fedor done after his contract is up with Affliction(one more fight vs Barnett) So that's still a realistic possibility.

KDog13
07-13-2009, 03:03 AM
best ufc, ooo it was sick Henderson Shut Up Bisping and LEsnar After His Win That Speech was funny as hell.

j-off-her-doll
07-13-2009, 07:24 PM
I was yelling "YESSS" for about 10 minutes after the Henderson fight. Bisping is by far my least favorite fighter.

Would love to see Fedor rip Lesnar's arm off.

And, GSP showed why he is one of the two or three best fighters in the world. Would be interesting to see Alves fight Penn or Fitch. I think Alves would likely dominate both.

After Silva rips out Griffin's heart, it's time to see a GSP/Silva fight. It'd be like GSP/Penn, but GSP actually has a shot against Silva.

BobDole
07-13-2009, 10:16 PM
great card. the henderson fight alone made up for ufc 99. i got half a chub seeing bisping get put in his place.

we left after the lesnar fight to meet some friends - so i didn't see all of them - but those first like 5 fights were damn good. the only one i didn't like was the GSP fight - because it wasn't a fight. that one might of well as been a gay porno - GSP laid on him the entire fight. i hate when one of the guys decides he doesn't want do anything - fighting to not lose rather than fighting to win always pisses me off.

JT-forpresident
07-13-2009, 10:20 PM
pfffff **** you haters, Saint-pierre is one of the most polished UFC fighter of all time, if you want some pow pow fist fighting, watch a kimbo slice video

GGGGGGGGSSSSSSSSPPPPPP GGGGGGGGGGSSSSSSSPPPPPPPP !!!

JT-forpresident
07-13-2009, 10:24 PM
he's french. the greasing thing didn't help his cause much either.

:caveman:

BobDole
07-13-2009, 11:01 PM
:caveman:

didn't mean to offend - but french people typically annoy the **** out of me. he's one of the best but i just don't like him. if you're in a fight then fight. he usually waits until he gets clocked a few times to lay on the other guy. at no point was the GSP/alves match a fight.

moe
07-13-2009, 11:31 PM
Shane Carwin is a pretty big dude. He's like 6'3 265. If he gets passed Cain Velasquez, he'll get a shot at Brock. He doesn't have close to the wrestling Lesnar has but he has very heavy hands -- a punchers chance at best.

Yeah, he is close to Brock's size, but he still seems small compared to Brock although, I have never seen them side-by-side. It would definitely be a tougher match though. I think I heard Joe Rogan say Brock has to cut weight to get down to 265.

Dana White said in the postshow press conference that he's determined to get a deal with Fedor done after his contract is up with Affliction(one more fight vs Barnett) So that's still a realistic possibility.

That would be an interesting fight, but Brock would still have about 30 pounds on him, woldn't he?

kud
07-14-2009, 01:10 AM
Yeah, he is close to Brock's size, but he still seems small compared to Brock although, I have never seen them side-by-side. It would definitely be a tougher match though. I think I heard Joe Rogan say Brock has to cut weight to get down to 265.

No doubt about that. Brock is is significantly larger. I read he walks around at 290, but Carwin is the next largest contender.

That would be an interesting fight, but Brock would still have about 30 pounds on him, woldn't he?

It would be interesting. But I don't see anybody stopping Brock for awhile. Fedor needs to come to the UFC. He's the only one with the complete tool set that may be able to stop that monster. Although he'd be giving away some 50 lbs. But, Couture fought admirably against Brock -- until he got caught he was winning the fight, so I guess anything can happen.

kud
07-14-2009, 01:14 AM
Anybody think Mike Swick has any chance against GSP? (assuming he gets pass Kampmann who is no push over)

Nobody seems to have an answer for GSP takedowns. Very depressing.

j-off-her-doll
07-14-2009, 01:16 AM

He'd have more than that. Brock probably weighs about 280 - if not more. Fedor, though, is the best fighter in the world. Brock is a great wrestler and a dominate athlete, but he'd have a difficult time taking Fedor down, standing with Fedor, or not getting submitted by Fedor.

the only one i didn't like was the GSP fight - because it wasn't a fight. that one might of well as been a gay porno - GSP laid on him the entire fight.

Did you see Alves' face? GSP thoroughly dominated his greatest test to date.

j-off-her-doll
07-14-2009, 01:20 AM
Anybody think Mike Swick has any chance against GSP? (assuming he gets pass Kampmann who is no push over)

Nobody seems to have an answer for GSP takedowns. Very depressing.

A slightly better chance than Matt Serra, but I don't see lightning striking GSP twice. I'm curious to see if Anderson Silva has an answer for his wrestling. I quite like both fighters, but I think GSP should learn from fighters like Shogun, A. Silva, and Machida in that he can improve his finishing. Once he has a fighter down, he should risk letting him up in order to create space to land power punches - especially since he takes fighters down with such ease.

BARF
07-14-2009, 11:10 AM
glad to see brock take down mir, i always knew brock would make the transition to mma, he is that good, he just needed the experience

JT-forpresident
07-14-2009, 12:46 PM
didn't mean to offend - but french people typically annoy the **** out of me. he's one of the best but i just don't like him. if you're in a fight then fight. he usually waits until he gets clocked a few times to lay on the other guy. at no point was the GSP/alves match a fight.

no problem

I know it wasn't a "spectacular" fight by some standards, but GSP is just very strategic and brilliant, he talked about his strategy after the fight and it kind of explains why he fought that way... after all, it worked, so kudos to him

kud
07-14-2009, 07:25 PM
I was yelling "YESSS" for about 10 minutes after the Henderson fight. Bisping is by far my least favorite fighter.

Would love to see Fedor rip Lesnar's arm off.

And, GSP showed why he is one of the two or three best fighters in the world. Would be interesting to see Alves fight Penn or Fitch. I think Alves would likely dominate both.

After Silva rips out Griffin's heart, it's time to see a GSP/Silva fight. It'd be like GSP/Penn, but GSP actually has a shot against Silva.

GSP has no shot against Silva. Anderson says he walks around at 220. He has height/reach/size advantage. He's got great JJ and long limbs assuming GSP can ever take him down. He has pin point striking and great movement.

He'd actually has less of a chance to beat Anderson than BJ had to beat GSP, without the grease. (see 1st fight)

BobDole
07-14-2009, 10:00 PM
GSP has no shot against Silva. Anderson says he walks around at 220. He has height/reach/size advantage. He's got great JJ and long limbs assuming GSP can ever take him down. He has pin point striking and great movement.

He'd actually has less of a chance to beat Anderson than BJ had to beat GSP, without the grease. (see 1st fight)

silva would kill him. it's hard to say who would even have a shot. i'd put henderson in there again against him - that first fight was pretty good. the only time that i can think of that someone even won a round against silva.

j-off-her-doll
07-14-2009, 11:21 PM

It's been reported that R. Evans can not take GSP down and that GSP takes Evans down at will. Evans is at least as big as Silva. I'd definitely give the advantage to Silva - Silva by the way is one of my very favorite fighters - but Silva's take down defense is an area of weakness. Unless Silva knocked him out in the first couple of minutes, GSP would take him down. It's just a matter of how effective GSP would be with his ground and pound. He'd need to fight with a greater sense of urgency.

It'd be the definition of a dream fight for me. Two of the greatest fighters the sport has ever seen, two fighters I like a great deal - in and out of the cage.

KDog13
07-15-2009, 01:28 AM
My Bouts I Want To See for HeavyWeight

Lol Some Are Probably Unrealistic But Tell Me Who Would Win Them

HeavyWeight Brock Vs Fedor Or vs Winner of Carwin vs Valasquez
HeavyWeight Mir Vs Loser of Carwin vs Valasquez
HeavyWeight Cheick Kongo Vs Winner of Couture vs Nogueira
HeavyWeight Tim Slyvia Vs Heath Herring
HeavyWeight Mirko Cro Cop Vs Gabriel Gonzaga
HeavyWeight Brett Rogers Vs Fabricio Werdum
HeavyWeight Andrei Arvlovski vs Junior Dos Santos
HeavyWeight Brandon Vera Vs Mark Coleman
HeavyWeight Josh Barnett Vs Jeff Monson
HeavyWeight Antoni Hardonk vs Justin McCully
HeavyWeight Eddie Sanchez vs Ken Shamrock

kud
07-15-2009, 01:30 AM
It's been reported that R. Evans can not take GSP down and that GSP takes Evans down at will. Evans is at least as big as Silva. I'd definitely give the advantage to Silva - Silva by the way is one of my very favorite fighters - but Silva's take down defense is an area of weakness. Unless Silva knocked him out in the first couple of minutes, GSP would take him down. It's just a matter of how effective GSP would be with his ground and pound. He'd need to fight with a greater sense of urgency.

It'd be the definition of a dream fight for me. Two of the greatest fighters the sport has ever seen, two fighters I like a great deal - in and out of the cage.

GSP wants to part of Anderson anyway. In regards to moving up in weight class finished an interview saying that "some decisions in mma can affect your quality of life."

Pretty much reinforces what he said in the post fight, seemed to dodge that question a bit, i can't remember exactly what he said other than saying welterweight is stacked and he'd have to bulk up first but he didn't seem to interested them.

He also said Alves felt 'slippery.' He's one to go there right.

Was critical of his ex-BJJ trainer Holanda, who helped Alves train for the fight said Alves knew all his tricks.

-interview via CKAC (montreal radio station)

kud
07-15-2009, 01:44 AM

HeavyWeight Mir Vs Valasquez
HeavyWeight Cheick Kongo Vs Couture
HeavyWeight Antoni Hardonk vs Justin Mcully

bold winner. a few of those are probably unlikely.

KDog13
07-15-2009, 01:51 AM
bold winner. a few of those are probably unlikely.

thanks for answering

and you doubt Brett Rogers, he seems real good

kud
07-15-2009, 07:07 AM
thanks for answering

and you doubt Brett Rogers, he seems real good

heh, not a believer just yet. Arlovski has been known to have a suspect chin. I think anybody with decent wrestling would ground him and submit him or pound him. Werdum would probably have to strike with him, but he's the more polished fighter to me. Rogers seems like a Kimbo clone with less hype(power brawler.)

GoonBoss
07-15-2009, 07:39 AM
Haha, it was great. I'm not for kicking a guy while he's down but he had it coming. He non stop disrespected Henderson until... he was knocked out. I don't hold anything against Henderson for doing it. Even he said normally we wouldn't do that but Bisbing is Bisbing.
My take on the card.
Belcher got robbed in the first fight of the night.
So glad Henderson laid out Bisbing.
I thought Alves would've been more of a challenge for GSP. I was rooting for Alves some of my friends train with ATT. GSP did say after the fight to give him time to gain the weight and he will move up possibly to fight Silva which I'm glad to hear he is willing to try it.
I'm not a fan of Lesnar but I think it will be tough for anyone to take the belt from him. He's only going to get better which is scary.

I would say don't underestimate Lesner. He's about as focused as they come. He's genuinely a mean, ill tempered person and really a machine.

As sort of outside looking in on MMA (Not really invested in it. Too many wannabe jack offs running around here with Tapout gear and bald heads for me to want to associate with it) I can tell you what Lesner did at the end of the fight helped MMA a LOT. I have never heard of an MMA even being discussed on national sports radio for ONE whole day, not to mention TWO whole days. Lots of that was due to Lesner's antics.

As he said; He is used to performing on VERY large stages and in the WWE he was generally a "heel", or the bad guy (As opposed to a "face", good guy). He just did what he was programed to do. The owner of MMA put a boot up his ***, and, rightly so, but Brock was just doing what he had to do. In the wrestling industry it's called "pop". "Pop" is crowd reaction. It can be cheers, or boos. Doesn't matter which. "Pop" is always good.

Think about it. MMA fans will either want to see Lesner fight and win, or fight and get beat...Sort of like Bisping. Lesner's stuff may well start to bring in the sideline and fringe fans that bring money into the sport, as well as exposure. That's how you get ESPN pimping your product.

I will admit I paid lots closer attention to MMA before and after this event. I'm paying closer attention now. I'm not on board completely yet, but, I can see myself edgeing closer.

BobDole
07-15-2009, 11:33 AM

HeavyWeight Mir Vs Loser of Carwin vs Valasquez
HeavyWeight Cheick Kongo Vs Winner of Couture vs Nogueira
HeavyWeight Antoni Hardonk vs Justin McCully

fedor - velasquez.
carwin would lose and then beat mir.
couture - couture.
silvia. herring is a complete joke.
gonzaga already beat cro cop with the most devastating kick basically ever. i'd take cro cop the second time around.
werdum.
arlovski.
vera.
barnett.
mccully but who knows.
sanchez.

j-off-her-doll
07-15-2009, 01:36 PM
I would say don't underestimate Lesner. He's about as focused as they come. He's genuinely a mean, ill tempered person and really a machine.

As sort of outside looking in on MMA (Not really invested in it. Too many wannabe jack offs running around here with Tapout gear and bald heads for me to want to associate with it) I can tell you what Lesner did at the end of the fight helped MMA a LOT. I have never heard of an MMA even being discussed on national sports radio for ONE whole day, not to mention TWO whole days. Lots of that was due to Lesner's antics.

As he said; He is used to performing on VERY large stages and in the WWE he was generally a "heel", or the bad guy (As opposed to a "face", good guy). He just did what he was programed to do. The owner of MMA put a boot up his ***, and, rightly so, but Brock was just doing what he had to do. In the wrestling industry it's called "pop". "Pop" is crowd reaction. It can be cheers, or boos. Doesn't matter which. "Pop" is always good.

Think about it. MMA fans will either want to see Lesner fight and win, or fight and get beat...Sort of like Bisping. Lesner's stuff may well start to bring in the sideline and fringe fans that bring money into the sport, as well as exposure. That's how you get ESPN pimping your product.

I will admit I paid lots closer attention to MMA before and after this event. I'm paying closer attention now. I'm not on board completely yet, but, I can see myself edgeing closer.

MMA is and has been walking a tightrope. You have some real fans that love the intricacies of the sport, then you have the idiots that buy into it on a WWF/WWE level. When criticizing the sport, ESPN writes it off as WWE freak show. What no one seems to realize is that MMA is simply the combination of the most effective fighting sports of the world. I saw someone - think it was 1 and 10 on First Take - say that if Frazier or Ali were fighting UFC fighters, they'd KO 'em in a few seconds. Of course, anyone who knows anything about fighting knows that either would get taken down and submitted within 20 seconds. A great boxer will lose to an average MMA fighter in a "fight" (boxing is not fighting) 99 times out of 100. Even great K1 fighters (much closer to fighting than boxing) struggle to transition to MMA. Look at the current UFC champions: All (Machida, Silva, GSP, Penn) but Lesnar are BJJ Black Belts, and with the exception of Penn BJJ is not the most dynamic aspect of any of the aforementioned fighters' games. Machida is a dominant striker, and it seems it'll be a while before anyone figures out his Karate. By the way, he also has experience in Sumo. Anderson Silva is a world class Muay Thai fighter. GSP began primarily as a K1 type fighter, but he's evolved into a dominant wrestler - to the extent that he was invited to wrestle with Canada's team for the Olympics.

To question the legitimacy of the sport is pure bigotry. But, it happens. And, back to the tightrope, Lesnar's antics don't help promote legitimacy. If it gets people to ACTUALLY discuss the sport, then I'll be glad, but as of yet, people don't discuss MMA. They just say, "I don't get it," and "It's not legitimate like Boxing."

By the way, I like Boxing - it's an aspect of MMA.

GoonBoss
07-15-2009, 02:22 PM
MMA is and has been walking a tightrope. You have some real fans that love the intricacies of the sport, then you have the idiots that buy into it on a WWF/WWE level. When criticizing the sport, ESPN writes it off as WWE freak show. What no one seems to realize is that MMA is simply the combination of the most effective fighting sports of the world. I saw someone - think it was 1 and 10 on First Take - say that if Frazier or Ali were fighting UFC fighters, they'd KO 'em in a few seconds. Of course, anyone who knows anything about fighting knows that either would get taken down and submitted within 20 seconds. A great boxer will lose to an average MMA fighter in a "fight" (boxing is not fighting) 99 times out of 100. Even great K1 fighters (much closer to fighting than boxing) struggle to transition to MMA. Look at the current UFC champions: All (Machida, Silva, GSP, Penn) but Lesnar are BJJ Black Belts, and with the exception of Penn BJJ is not the most dynamic aspect of any of the aforementioned fighters' games. Machida is a dominant striker, and it seems it'll be a while before anyone figures out his Karate. By the way, he also has experience in Sumo. Anderson Silva is a world class Muay Thai fighter. GSP began primarily as a K1 type fighter, but he's evolved into a dominant wrestler - to the extent that he was invited to wrestle with Canada's team for the Olympics.

To question the legitimacy of the sport is pure bigotry. But, it happens. And, back to the tightrope, Lesnar's antics don't help promote legitimacy. If it gets people to ACTUALLY discuss the sport, then I'll be glad, but as of yet, people don't discuss MMA. They just say, "I don't get it," and "It's not legitimate like Boxing."

By the way, I like Boxing - it's an aspect of MMA.

Oh don't get me wrong. I have the upmost respect for MMA fighters. Only an idiot would compare WWE to MMA. For one, MMA is real righting, while WWE is athletic entertainment. It's sort of like the idiots that say.."Oh Pro Wrestling is fake." No **** sherlock....Next you're going to tell me James Bond movies aren't real.

Lesner helped MMA wether you want to believe it or not. He went into performance mode, and, said what he said. then, the owner slaped him down. C'mon dude, that's drama. There is nothing wrong with your product being entertaining on different levels. Comon man...He was great. Defiant, going against the main sponsor, talking about getting on his wife (Which I thought was pretty cool actually. An athlete wanting to go home after and get with his wife instead of go party with hookers...Imagine.)

Ali was a showman. Jorge Piaz was a showman. Heck, even Tyson was to a degree. Camcho was a showman. Sugar Ray leonard...The list goes on for boxing. Thier sound bytes and antics did bring people into the sport, or at least raise the exposure level.

The quickest way for a sport to maintain it's place as nothing but only a fringe group wants to talk about is for people to go all "I've got a stick up my ***" about anything but the product.

Some MMA fans will say that they are fine with this, but, they are the first ones to complain that MMA isn't getting covered.

Tell me...How do you expect people to take an interest in MMA? It's sure not talking to the jerkoffs in Tapout gear that make your eyelids roll back into your head in boredom, then regard you as stupid, or get all pissy when you don't get what he's saying because it's completely over your head.

How would you get a non football fan interested in football?
-Step 1. Make it fun and exciting. Have characters and drama.
-Step 2. Once they are hooked, start explaining only the basics. Stress a couple of basic concepts, then, walk them through the game pointing out how those concepts are applied.
-Step 3. Start gradually increaseing the knowledge of the sport.

You don't break a non football fan into an appreciation of football by trying to explain the Walsh coaching tree and the West Coast Offense. You start them by getting them into the concept, then, explaining the basic positions and what they do..Then, how you score, etc. The main key is to get them drawn into the concept.

The guy that can do that is Brock Lessner. Like it or not, people that like pro wrestling are a young adult male demo, with lots of disposable income. Watch WWE some night and look at the sponsors. Video games...Energy drinks..Fast food...Pizza... It's not that hard to connect the dots.

kud
07-15-2009, 03:55 PM

While I agree Lesnar is good for the sport and helping it grow leaps and bounds, and the first part of your post is spot on, which is why I'd argue that Lesnar isn't playing a character. I'd argue that he's been more 'real' than most other fighters on the UFC roster.

Reason I say that is because during all of the pre-fight smack talk between himself and Mir, Brock seemed genuinely pissed off. And Mir kept antagonzing. To be honest I think Mir was just trying to hype the fight like many fighters do, understanding that it will increase interest and PPV buys, while Lesnar, still new to the sport was taking it all personally.

You could say, well Lesnar just played his heel character and was seeing it all the way through. Well, if I reflect on the Couture fight it says otherwise. Couture had little negative things to say about Brock, so Brock didn't sya to much to Randy. They just got in there and duked it out, far cry from the build up of Lesnar/Mir.

KDog13
07-15-2009, 05:15 PM
fedor - velasquez.
carwin would lose and then beat mir.
couture - couture.
silvia. herring is a complete joke.
gonzaga already beat cro cop with the most devastating kick basically ever. i'd take cro cop the second time around.
werdum.
arlovski.
vera.
barnett.
mccully but who knows.
sanchez.

thanks for answering too

GoonBoss
07-15-2009, 07:05 PM
While I agree Lesnar is good for the sport and helping it grow leaps and bounds, and the first part of your post is spot on, which is why I'd argue that Lesnar isn't playing a character. I'd argue that he's been more 'real' than most other fighters on the UFC roster.

Reason I say that is because during all of the pre-fight smack talk between himself and Mir, Brock seemed genuinely pissed off. And Mir kept antagonzing. To be honest I think Mir was just trying to hype the fight like many fighters do, understanding that it will increase interest and PPV buys, while Lesnar, still new to the sport was taking it all personally.

You could say, well Lesnar just played his heel character and was seeing it all the way through. Well, if I reflect on the Couture fight it says otherwise. Couture had little negative things to say about Brock, so Brock didn't sya to much to Randy. They just got in there and duked it out, far cry from the build up of Lesnar/Mir.

Oh completely I agree with lots of what you've said. Brock wanted that fight bad. While that rage and antagonism is part of him, it was pretty clear to me that he was kicking into showman mode after the fight. Lets tick the blocks....Insult major sponsor, flip off the fans and antagonize them...Yeah. That's Brock the mic trained pro wrestler.

The thing is; He's also just naturally that guy so it's hard to separate the two unless you've seen his WWE schtick which I have.

KDog13
07-15-2009, 08:50 PM

HeavyWeight Brock Vs Fedor KO Or vs Winner Carwin vs Valasquez TKO
HeavyWeight Mir Vs Valasquez Kneebar
HeavyWeight Cheick Kongo Vs Winner of Couture vs Nogueira TK0 (Both)
HeavyWeight Tim Slyvia Vs Heath Herring Decision Unanimous
HeavyWeight Mirko Cro Cop Vs Gabriel Gonzaga Rematch KO HEAD KICK
HeavyWeight Brett Rogers Vs Fabricio Werdum KO
HeavyWeight Andrei Arvlovski vs Junior Dos Santos TKO
HeavyWeight Brandon Vera Vs Mark Coleman TKO
HeavyWeight Josh Barnett Vs Jeff Monson Rematch Decision Split
HeavyWeight Antoni Hardonk vs Justin McCully Armbar
HeavyWeight Eddie Sanchez vs Ken Shamrock Heel Hook

LOL MY PICKS ARE ODD

kud
07-15-2009, 11:46 PM
Oh completely I agree with lots of what you've said. Brock wanted that fight bad. While that rage and antagonism is part of him, it was pretty clear to me that he was kicking into showman mode after the fight. Lets tick the blocks....Insult major sponsor, flip off the fans and antagonize them...Yeah. That's Brock the mic trained pro wrestler.

The thing is; He's also just naturally that guy so it's hard to separate the two unless you've seen his WWE schtick which I have.

Haha no doubt, I think with the booing crowd he had a flashback -- he was in the WWE again for a moment.

BARF
07-16-2009, 03:33 AM
would love for ufc to sign lashley i think him and lesner would be an awesome fight down the road

kud
07-17-2009, 11:33 PM
http://mmamania.com/
video halfway down the page.

Floyd Mayweather bashes MMA (yet again) Says MMA is for beer drinkers - says there's no dominant white boxers so they had to go create something else(hi double standard.) -Suggests MMA takes no skill.

Jimi
07-20-2009, 02:38 PM
video halfway down the page.

Floyd Mayweather bashes MMA (yet again) Says MMA is for beer drinkers - says there's no dominant white boxers so they had to go create something else(hi double standard.) -Suggests MMA takes no skill.

Id love to see Kenny Florian or someone rip his leg off.

j-off-her-doll
07-21-2009, 01:49 AM
Miguel Torres would dominate Mayweather.

moe
07-22-2009, 03:17 PM
would love for ufc to sign lashley i think him and lesner would be an awesome fight down the road

looks like Lashley might get a shot at Fedor...Barnet got caught with something.

KDog13
07-22-2009, 04:44 PM
looks like Lashley might get a shot at Fedor...Barnet got caught with something.

nah he said he doesn't feel that it would be smart to jump into the fight since he hasn't been training. I want Brett Rogers to step up.

kud
07-26-2009, 01:15 AM
Affliction Trilogy cancelled.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/mma/07/24/affliction.trilogy.canceled/index.html

Little late on this news but Fedor's opponent the supposed #2 ranked HW in the world, Josh Barnett as was mentioned, failed a steroids test and was denied a license to fight.

Too bad, I was looking forward to it.

BobDole
07-26-2009, 07:36 AM
Affliction Trilogy cancelled.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/mma/07/24/affliction.trilogy.canceled/index.html

Little late on this news but Fedor's opponent the supposed #2 ranked HW in the world, Josh Barnett as was mentioned, failed a steroids test and was denied a license to fight.

Too bad, I was looking forward to it.

knew that was coming. hard to find a replacement to fight fedor that quick. too bad, was also looking forward to that bout. maybe we'll see fedor in the ufc quicker than we thought.

kud
07-26-2009, 02:37 PM
http://mmajunkie.com/news/15640/fedor-emelianenkos-camp-afflictions-demise-opens-ufcs-door-if-terms-are-right.mma

"This the moment of truth that the UFC has talked about," Finkelchtein stated in a recent release issued by his company, M-1 Global. "Fedor and I are here in the States. If they want to come out and fly here, we are ready to conduct negotiations."

------

While Finkelchtein's latest statement seems to lend some hope for that result, the terms of a potential contract may still prove impossible for the UFC to consider.

"Of course, it still doesn't imply we are ready to accept any conditions they'll throw at us," Finkelchtein said. "We want to talk to the UFC about having Fedor compete against some of their fighters, but only within the framework of co-promotional efforts with M-1 Global."

This is an absurd request to me. Basicly Fedor's management is asking the UFC to help a competitor in order for him to fight in the UFC. I can tell you now the UFC won't meet these demands.. so unless they cave we probably won't be seeing Fedor in the UFC.

BobDole
07-26-2009, 03:28 PM
that is so fugging gay. yeah - the ufc is gonna cave for some other mickey mouse fight league to promote their product. fedor's management needs to take their head out of their *** and get fugging real. this really upsets me because i've been waiting for fedor to showcase his talent on the big boy stage for a long time. now people will just argue in circles as to who would win the ultimate matchup - lesnar or fedor. very frustrating.

kud
07-26-2009, 11:40 PM
Fedor knows there's no way the UFC is gonna co-promote with some irrelevant org, I hate to think this, but it seems to me like they're making ridiculous demands give Fedor a reason to duck the UFC, and it's talent pool.

moe
07-27-2009, 04:10 PM
I think the deal is the Fedor doesn't really care. I heard somewhere else that he wanted to be allowed to compete in Sambo tournaments and whatnot. You would think that he would put all that behind him and focus on MMA. He likes to compete, but has no ambition to be the greatest even though everybody already says he is.

kud
07-30-2009, 02:14 AM
-It's been reported that the UFC has offered Fedor a contract of 6 fights/30 million(that's an insane number based on MMA salaries.) Also an immediate title shot.

-the UFC offered M-1 Global a cut of the PPV profits.

Fedor's management has turned all of this down.

The Vultures that are Fedor's management (M-1 Global) wont relent on their demand for the UFC to co-promote.

Suffice it to say the UFC has been well more than reasonable in negotiations. Fedor's management isn't representing Fedor they're representing themselves. Fedor better wake up and smell the java.

kud
07-30-2009, 02:31 AM
In regards to strict terms of UFC contract, we asked Aleksander Emelianenko(Fedor's brother) to comment:

"You can deal with UFC, I know that they have flexible contract system. All these talks about "strict" contract terms with signing with UFC, come ONLY from Vadim Finkelstein, who wants to push his owns business projects through Fedor's fights"

BobDole
07-30-2009, 02:32 PM
it's too bad that arguably the best fighter ever appears to be a giant puppet with some russian douchebag pulling the strings. a very sad state of affairs.

kud
07-30-2009, 07:36 PM
http://mixfight.ru/news/2009/7/31/Vadim_Finkelstein_Nasha_Cel_sdelaty_kak_mozhno_bolshe_dlya_r/

Vadim Finkelstein and Fedor have come back to Russia on the evening of July 30. M-1 Global president immediately gave an exclusive interview to our site, main goal of which was to respond to various critical arrows that were sent towards M-1 Global on Russian sites and forums in the last days. He also discussed the talks with the UFC and further plans of development of M-1 Global. Here is the first part of the interview

Under which conditions are you prepared to make deals with other organizations?

M-1 is a worldwide organization. You know well that we do M-1 Challenge, M-1 Selection, but it's hard to do bigger events by ourselves, so we are open for a partnership with other organizations.

On the mixfight.ru site there is a poll that asks which organization should M-1 work with: 55% - UFC, 14% - Dream, 9% Strikeforce. Can you comment on these numbers from your point of view.

We will only work with those organizations, with whom it is profitable. I fully understand the fans, and their wish so that we would give away Fedor to UFC, for whatever destiny awaits (Russian derogatory saying, as if to say, give him to UFC and they will do with him whatever they please). But we will not do so, because we will only work with organizations on equal footing.

Who is Fedor's most likely opponent right now?

Right now there are many good opponents: Monson, Overeem, Buentello, Rogers. Unfortunately UFC's athletes are locked inside a cage...

When would the fight take place?

It's possible that it will take place very soon. This year 100%.

Did you and Fedor meet with Dana White, what is his position?

We met with UFC's attorneys. From our side we had Fedor, myself, Apy and our attorney. Dana and Lorenzo talked to us through a conference call, because they were in Europe at the moment. Unfortunately Dana didn't have the opportunity to take pictures with Fedor and ask him for an autograph (laughs). They made a good offer for a fighter of a champion's calibur. If this offer was made two years ago - we would've taken it. But today Fedor is co-owner of M-1 Global. Our goal is to do as much as possible for development of MMA not only in America, but in the whole world.

How was Dana white when you talked to him?

He was very dimplomatic in the conversations, there was no shouting at each other. Everyone carried themselves quite friendly. The meeting was held on the highest level of business negotiations.

There are rumors on the internet that Fedor was offered 6 fights and $30 million dollars for the whole deal.

There was not even mention of such numbers. That's just rumors. We discussed two, maximum three fights. There was also talk about deals on the PPV, and they offered us a commercial spot. But we are not sponsors, we are a company who organizes competitions. In some countries we have better contracts than UFC. For example, in Russia Fedor's fight was going to be shown on the central "Channel One", while UFC is being shown on the cable "NTV Plus". Also UFC is not too popular in Asia. We offered to put up money and do the production in those countries where we already have contracts.

Many MMa fans think that Fedor's career will come to an end without even starting, if he doesn't sign with UFC (many believe that UFC is a deserving ending to the career).

Fedor became a legend without ever competing in the UFC, while defeating soundly the UFC champions. Fedor today is someone to look up to. He is a head of a company, that is trying to get its niche, which is not easy, but has all the potential to develop MMA in the world.

The fans think the with his refusal to go to UFC, Fedor Emelianenko has demonstrated a big disrespect to his fans - and he can lose the love and respect of the fans in the whole world.

If I was one of the fans I would lose respect for UFC, for destroying companies and running monopolistic politcs, while not allowing MMA to develop. Who accuses Fedor of disrespect - the fans of UFC, Fans of the brand; but not the fans of our whole sport; they're victims of the PR-machine started by UFC.

BobDole
07-31-2009, 12:40 AM
unless something was really, really lost in the translation - this guy should be taken out back and shot. wished fedor knew better. destroying companies and running monopolistic politics? please.

kud
07-31-2009, 12:49 AM
unless something was really, really lost in the translation - this guy should be taken out back and shot. wished fedor knew better. destroying companies and running monopolistic politics? please.

Yes. The man is a lunatic and only interested in riding Fedor to his own business endeavors. Nothing but a leech. Unfortunately he seems to have Fedor brainwashed into thinking that he should be loyal to his Russian org, who's only noteable fighter is Fedor himself. Meanwhile he's screwing Fedor out of the biggest pay day he could get and screwing himself because the UFC even offered free advertisement for the M-1 brand and a cut of PPV profits, and screwing the fans out of seeing Fedor vs top competition. The UFC has been more than reasonable.

Oh well, good luck Fedor in your lesser orgs fighting 2nd rate talent.

moe
08-03-2009, 04:37 PM
From MMAScraps...vis MMAmania.com

Former PRIDE FC Heavyweight Champion and Affliction MMA headliner Fedor Emelianenko (30-1) has signed a multi-fight contract with the San Jose-based “Strikeforce” mixed martial arts promotion under a special co-promotion agreement with M-1 Global.

kud
08-04-2009, 12:04 AM
From MMAScraps...vis MMAmania.com

Former PRIDE FC Heavyweight Champion and Affliction MMA headliner Fedor Emelianenko (30-1) has signed a multi-fight contract with the San Jose-based “Strikeforce” mixed martial arts promotion under a special co-promotion agreement with M-1 Global.

He's a big gaping VaJJJJ! Only guys out there for him to fight are.. Overeem and Brett Rogers, and maybe Werdum. I'd pick Lesnar, Velasquez and Carwin over any of them TBH. Maybe even Couture, and Mir.

Dolfan3773
08-08-2009, 10:04 PM
Whos ready for UFC 101???

I hope Griffin beats Silva and Penn beats Florian...none the less should be a good event!

j-off-her-doll
08-09-2009, 12:01 AM
Remember when you guys were saying that I was underestimating Griffin - when I was saying he had little to no chance against Silva? Well . . .

kud
08-09-2009, 12:11 AM
I'm not so sure he wasn't paid to take a dive lol.. Did you see that punch that KO'd him. I know Forrest has a suspect chin but come on.

Anyway, yeah Anderson is definitely the best striker in MMA.

By the way, I didn't anticipate Forrest would keep it standing. I expected him to create a grappling match.

Anderson is dominating all these guys trying to stand with him, I want to see him face sombody with some wrestling/bjj, who will actually attempt to use it on him.

j-off-her-doll
08-09-2009, 12:21 AM
By the way, I didn't anticipate Forrest would keep it standing. I expected him to create a grappling match.

Me too. I was worried that Forrest would flop on top of Silva for the entire fight.

Anderson is dominating all these guys trying to stand with him, I want to see him face sombody with some wrestling/bjj, who will actually attempt to use it on him.

I still think D. Henderson could beat Silva. For whatever reason, Henderson seems ashamed of the fact that he's a world class wrestler. Silva does have a weakness: his take down defense. But, Henderson would have to punish Silva each time he took him down. GSP might have a shot, but Silva's size could make it difficult for GSP.

KDog13
08-09-2009, 12:32 AM
dam Silva really keeps amazing me. I thought Griffin would be better in this fight. Lets go Florian take out B.J Penn.

KDog13
08-09-2009, 12:42 AM
B.J Penn wins by submission, dam Kenny Florian really was streaking till he ran into the wall B.J Penn

kud
08-09-2009, 12:50 AM
Me too. I was worried that Forrest would flop on top of Silva for the entire fight.

I still think D. Henderson could beat Silva. For whatever reason, Henderson seems ashamed of the fact that he's a world class wrestler. Silva does have a weakness: his take down defense. But, Henderson would have to punish Silva each time he took him down. GSP might have a shot, but Silva's size could make it difficult for GSP.

Good call though bro, you were right I was wrong, I thought Forrest could offer more, even on the feet. Anderson is the bomb no doubt about it. I agree i'd like to see Hendo get another crack at him

Oh and, Woot! Glad BJ won, my favorite fighter.

Findetta
08-09-2009, 01:28 AM
Aside from the last 2 fights, I'd say this card was pretty weak and not that entertaining. I hate decisions and all the fights I saw aside from the last 2 went to them. I may have missed the first fight though. Anyway, Silva owned Forrest. Silva walks around at 205 and says he wants to fight the best. I can't wait to see him take on Machida. If I was GSP I wouldn't step to Silva.
Penn impressed me though, I think if Florian did what his corner said it would have been different. Penn had the huge experience edge over him and just needed a small window then smashed it.

Dolfan3773
08-09-2009, 01:29 AM
Very upset with the Griffin/Silva fight. Forrest looked lost and didnt look nothing like an MMA fighter. Glad to see BJ Penn beat Florian though. Made my night.

BTW...I got the official UFC 101 poster. Went to a bar and they had it on display and I took it lol...real nice poster, going to buy a frame for it tomorrow to put it up in my office

Findetta
08-09-2009, 01:36 AM
Very upset with the Griffin/Silva fight. Forrest looked lost and didnt look nothing like an MMA fighter. Glad to see BJ Penn beat Florian though. Made my night.

BTW...I got the official UFC 101 poster. Went to a bar and they had it on display and I took it lol...real nice poster, going to buy a frame for it tomorrow to put it up in my office

Man, Forrest ran out of the cage. I've never seen that before. I was like wtf?? and he looked lost the first time Silva hit him. Silva took it easy on him after that, if he wanted he could have killed Forrest.
Nice job getting that poster though.

#1dolphinsfan
08-09-2009, 01:42 AM
If there somthing wrong with him because that just didn't look like Forrest Griffin in the ring vs Anderson Silva tonight he usually has a really tough Chin and that looked like a really weak chin tonight and when he ran out of the ring that was a little weird because he isn't a poor sport and he would usually congraulate Silva after a fight.

Dolfan3773
08-09-2009, 01:48 AM
Man, Forrest ran out of the cage. I've never seen that before. I was like wtf?? and he looked lost the first time Silva hit him. Silva took it easy on him after that, if he wanted he could have killed Forrest.
Nice job getting that poster though.

For sure man, that fight pissed me off big time. He ran out cause he was embarrassed hard on national tv. Something was wrong with him though cause that didnt look nothing like him but w/e the BJ Penn fight made up for it though. BJ's one of my fav. fighters

kud
08-09-2009, 03:43 AM
For sure man, that fight pissed me off big time. He ran out cause he was embarrassed hard on national tv. Something was wrong with him though cause that didnt look nothing like him but w/e the BJ Penn fight made up for it though. BJ's one of my fav. fighters

Did you notice when Forrest was KO'd he was even really KO'd? I mean he was fully responsive. As soon as the ref stopped it he popped up and ran out. Forrest has always been a game fighter, very strange. That's not to take nother away from Anderson he's a phenom, but Forrest seemed to just quit.

kud
08-09-2009, 04:04 AM
Well, our suspicions were right, Forrest wasn't himself for good reason.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2009/8/9/982799/update-on-forrest-griffin-from-the

Update on Forrest Griffin (who was absent from the post-fight press conference) from the UG:

"I heard his jaw was dislocated very early in the fight…then he took several more punches to the jaw. Apparently he can’t hear out of the ear on that side either. He left the octagon because he needed medical attention asap. At first they thought his jaw was broken, then said it was dislocated."

Unfortunate -- bad news, but still good news at the same time. Good news in that Forrest still has his heart he was just injured, good news that he didn't run off cause he was embarrassed but because he needed medical attention.

MikeO
08-09-2009, 07:08 AM
Sounds like a BS excuse to me made up after he saw how much of a putz he looked like. His jaw is probably hurt. Probably disloacted. But he ran from the ring like a girl and got embarrassed!!!!

We have seen people on the brink of death with blood coming out of every opening of their face stay in the ring and show better class and sportsmanship

j-off-her-doll
08-09-2009, 12:13 PM
Oh and, Woot! Glad BJ won, my favorite fighter.

MMA is still so young that you get these fighters that are completely dominate. If you look at the weight classes 155 through 205, the Champions appear to be way ahead of the other fighters in their weight classes. Think of the NBA back when it was possible for the Celtics to win 9 titles in 11 years or Wilt to score 100 points in a game. That's kind of what we're looking at. In ten years, I think we'll see a lot more parody - not because the top level fighters have fallen off, but because there will be a large group of dynamic fighters. I mean, three years ago, Chuck was able to dominate 205 by have good KO power and great take down defense. That was enough. The sport is progressing at a rapid pace.

Findetta
08-09-2009, 12:39 PM
Well, our suspicions were right, Forrest wasn't himself for good reason.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2009/8/9/982799/update-on-forrest-griffin-from-the

Unfortunate -- bad news, but still good news at the same time. Good news in that Forrest still has his heart he was just injured, good news that he didn't run off cause he was embarrassed but because he needed medical attention.

I think you are right. If I couldn't hear and was disoriented I would find help as soon as I could. No need to show your toughness there man. We have seen guys get back up after a concussion and bleeding all over, but they know they are okay. Hopefully he was okay and I think Forrest is the kind of guy that will come out and let everyone know what happened. I think if he finds out he's okay and was just out his mind, he will tell everyone, he's never really been a shady guy.

kud
08-09-2009, 06:13 PM
It's been reported that Anderson Silva and Dana White have agreed that he will vacate the middleweight title and stay at LHW.

http://www.mmaconvert.com/2009/08/09/anderson-silva-to-vacate-his-middleweight-title/

Only problem with that is, he has stated that he will not fight Lyoto Machida, Machida has also been on record saying this, because the two are good friends.

BobDole
08-09-2009, 11:09 PM
got too drunk yesterday afternoon and never made it to the bar to watch the fight. no surprise on either the griffin or penn fights - pissed i missed them though. griffin just isn't in silva's league. if someone had a link - legal of course - to watch the fights/highlights it would be much appreciated.

j-off-her-doll
08-10-2009, 11:44 AM
Only problem with that is, he has stated that he will not fight Lyoto Machida, Machida has also been on record saying this, because the two are good friends.

Maybe Machida could vacate the LHW title and move to Heavyweight . . . I don't know the whole concept seems a bit silly, but Silva seems to fight with a fire at LHW that he doesn't at 185. So, maybe there's something to it. After the Machida/Shogun fight, there are some interesting potential match ups.

Evans
Rampage
Shogun
Machida
A. Silva
Machida
T. Silva (I think he'll beat Jardine fairly easily. He had the misfortune of getting destroyed by Machida before everyone realized how great Machida is, so his reputation took an unfair hit.)
Griffin

. . .

If Shogun manages to beat Machida, that could put A. Silva in line for a title fight pretty soon. If Machida wins, there's still Rampage, Evans, Shogun, etc. for A. Silva.

Jimi
08-10-2009, 03:27 PM
Ya LHW is stacked...I think there are more non-title LHW fights that would be a MUCH larger draw than anyone Silva would face in MW.

Hendo is the only one who has a shot in MW, and i think hes just too old now. He didnt look quick to me against Bisping, he was just that much better regardless.

kud
08-11-2009, 05:11 AM
got too drunk yesterday afternoon and never made it to the bar to watch the fight. no surprise on either the griffin or penn fights - pissed i missed them though. griffin just isn't in silva's league. if someone had a link - legal of course - to watch the fights/highlights it would be much appreciated.

You picked a good PPV to miss, neither of the main events were much competitive, especially Silva/Forrest. And the undercard was severely lacking.

BobDole
08-11-2009, 06:53 PM
You picked a good PPV to miss, neither of the main events were much competitive, especially Silva/Forrest. And the undercard was severely lacking.

that makes me feel better. i heard it wasn't very good - but i still hate missing the events.

kud
08-13-2009, 02:13 AM

moe
08-15-2009, 12:56 AM
:lol2:

KDog13
08-16-2009, 02:20 AM
wtf Gina Carano loss, ugh i kinda wanted her to get womens MMA big, there is nothing better than a hot chick kicking ***, she a FREAK.

lazlo73
08-19-2009, 09:48 PM
wtf Gina Carano loss, ugh i kinda wanted her to get womens MMA big, there is nothing better than a hot chick kicking ***, she a FREAK.

especially when Cyborg is borderline a dude!

Dolfan3773
08-20-2009, 07:04 PM
UFC heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar (http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Brock-Lesnar-17522) will meet Shane Carwin (http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Shane-Carwin-14013) in his second title defense at UFC 106 on Nov. 21 at the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas.

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/lesnar-carwin-to-headline-ufc-106-19217

Findetta
08-30-2009, 09:30 PM
102 was not bad. The two main fights lived up to it anyway at least. Thiago Silva is a beast and made Jardine look silly and fast. I want to see him take on Rampage before he gets another shot at Machida. Couture showed how tough he is and averted a stoppage about 3 times, but Minotauro controlled what was a good fight. Next fight is free on Spike Sept. 18th and 103 looks like a great card.

KDog13
09-06-2009, 05:04 PM
i think B.J Penn vs Sanchez should join the 106 fight Card. Its would be Awesome. I'm ordering this one but if it had B.J Penn vs Sanchez it would be sick and highly anticipated.

Heavyweight Championship (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UFC_Heavyweight_Championship) bout: Brock Lesnar (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brock_Lesnar) (c) vs. Shane Carwin (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shane_Carwin)[2] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UFC_106#cite_note-1) Lesnar Wins
Light Heavyweight bout: Mark Coleman (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Coleman) vs. Tito Ortiz (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tito_Ortiz)[3] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UFC_106#cite_note-2) Hoping Mark Coleman Wns
Welterweight bout: Jon Fitch (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jon_Fitch) vs. Ricardo Almeida (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ricardo_Almeida)[4] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UFC_106#cite_note-3) Jon Fitch is my Favorite, He is taking It
Lightweight bout: Kenny Florian (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kenny_Florian) vs. Clay Guida (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clay_Guida)[5] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UFC_106#cite_note-4) Sick Match Too Close
Welterweight bout: Karo Parisyan (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karo_Parisyan) vs. Dustin Hazelett (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dustin_Hazelett)[6] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UFC_106#cite_note-5) Hmmm Karo Wins
Welterweight bout: Amir Sadollah (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amir_Sadollah) vs. Phil Baroni (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phil_Baroni)[7] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UFC_106#cite_note-6) hmmm Amir Wins

Nappy Roots
09-08-2009, 10:46 AM
phil baroni are you serious? what kind of bum stuff is that.

BobDole
09-17-2009, 12:36 AM
fights tonight were pretty damn good - think they were new ones. i hadn't seen them. quarry and credeur was a good match up - no surprises there. credeur stands straight up and just waits to get teed off on - good fight though. condit started off slow but eventually picked it up at the end. the huerta/maynard fight was damn close as well - both are great fighters. maynard is no joke - his footwork and hand speed are amazing. was pulling for huerta though. i hate diaz and wished he was murdered by guillard - guillard just gets too damn cocky and reckless in there and relies too much on his athleticism and freak right hand. dropped diaz pretty nice in the first though. think there were more fights but they weren't on tv - which was super lame.

also caught the first episode of the new ultimate fighter too. haven't watched a season since the first one - which was endlessly entertaining. gotta see how kimbo and big country do in there. rampage's picks were head scratchers - first fight was lame and his first guy got used.

why don't they have new televised fights every week in the UFC? there are more than enough fighters and they hardly ever get to fight b/c of that clusterfugg. someone probably knows the answer to this but i don't.

looking forward to the card on saturday - although i'll be drunk as piss in gainesville so i'm not sure if i'll get a chance to watch them. theses match ups are getting better and better - so many of them can go either way. can't wait to see mcfedries fight again - him and alexander are the hardest hitters in the UFC. also interested to see if belfour and trigg still got it.

asf
09-17-2009, 02:00 AM
I was kinda shocked that guy didn't get finished. He just sat there and took it. I'm not expecting much out of this season tho, looked like a weak group. We'll see I guess.

TheDon74
09-19-2009, 09:39 PM
Anyone buy the pay per view? If so can you hit me up with some fight updates?

I think if Franklin losses he should think about retirement.

moe
09-23-2009, 02:40 PM
I was scratching my head at rampage, too. He sucks as a coach but, he is hands down the most hilarious character in the UFC. I do like Wes Simms though. He'll surprise people if they don't take him seriously...a la Frank Mir.

I still don't understand why MMA fans have such a hatred for Kimbo. He was billed on the internet as some ghetto criminal maniac and whatnot but, he is actually a pretty humble and honorable guy. Even on his internet fights, he helped his opponents up a couple of times after the fight. He has never claimed to be a great MMA fighter.

Just like many in the sport, he came from a particular background. Some come from boxing and wrestling, some from Muy Thai and BJJ, some from other sports. Well Kimbo's background is from Street Boxing and football (I think he was on the Fins practice squad at one point). Does his background really prepare him for high level MMA? Prolly not. But you can't tell me Abe Wagner deserves anymore credit than Kimbo for giving MMA a try.

Maybe we should create a TUF season 10 thread.

BobDole
09-24-2009, 11:58 PM
I was scratching my head at rampage, too. He sucks as a coach but, he is hands down the most hilarious character in the UFC. I do like Wes Simms though. He'll surprise people if they don't take him seriously...a la Frank Mir.

I still don't understand why MMA fans have such a hatred for Kimbo. He was billed on the internet as some ghetto criminal maniac and whatnot but, he is actually a pretty humble and honorable guy. Even on his internet fights, he helped his opponents up a couple of times after the fight. He has never claimed to be a great MMA fighter.

Just like many in the sport, he came from a particular background. Some come from boxing and wrestling, some from Muy Thai and BJJ, some from other sports. Well Kimbo's background is from Street Boxing and football (I think he was on the Fins practice squad at one point). Does his background really prepare him for high level MMA? Prolly not. But you can't tell me Abe Wagner deserves anymore credit than Kimbo for giving MMA a try.

Maybe we should create a TUF season 10 thread.

rampage's guy lost the next one too - although i think the other guy clearly won. we get to see kimbo and big country go at it next fight. should be good b/c nelson typically never takes it to the ground. gonna be a brawl.

i like kimbo. wathced those insane street brawls years back - and loved every second of it. he isn't a dick or anything - i don't get why people hate him either. he's not exactly what you call a well rounded MMA fighter but he'll continue to improve. he desperately needs a ground game and some solid conditioning. i'll be pulling for him next week.

BobDole
10-01-2009, 12:39 AM
kimbo got used tonight. dude needs to develop some semblance of a ground game or at least try to not get taken down. he doesn't even try once he's down there. he's too old to learn a decent ground game at this point. make chuck come in and teach you how to not get put on your back - he's got free time these days.

Jimi
10-01-2009, 01:11 AM
And yet they still are gonna find a way to bring him back apparently haha. Dana knows what the audience wants to see, hes not dumb.

kud
10-01-2009, 02:14 AM
This season is a waste of time. I can't see anybody on this season who could crack the top 10 heavies. Only thing worth watching is Rampage making an *** out of himself. Rashad would tool him, but I hear Rampage retired. Of course.

BobDole
10-01-2009, 02:26 AM
This season is a waste of time. I can't see anybody on this season who could crack the top 10 heavies. Only thing worth watching is Rampage making an *** out of himself. Rashad would tool him, but I hear Rampage retired. Of course.

i'm watching it for its entertainment value this year - and that's it. no way any of those chumps have a shot against lesnar - which i guess is ultimately the point. but who is, right? fedor is killing me.

rampage retired????? he's gonna talk all that **** and not even fight rashad after the season? you've got to be kidding me.

moe
10-01-2009, 12:22 PM
i'm watching it for its entertainment value this year - and that's it. no way any of those chumps have a shot against lesnar - which i guess is ultimately the point. but who is, right? fedor is killing me.

rampage retired????? he's gonna talk all that **** and not even fight rashad after the season? you've got to be kidding me.

Yeah, but the idea of the show isn't to find a contender for the title. It's to give the winner an entry-level position into the...uhh...league(for lack of a better word). Then again, I guess u could say that why even try if they never have a chance of winning the title.

Rampage is planning on retiring after the Evans fight. At least that's the way I understood it.

This season does suck. It sounds good because you have some familiar names, (Roy nelson, Wes Simms, Kimbo, Marcus Jones) but there are too many guys who look like they're trying something totally new for the first time. Hopefully it gets better in the second round.

BobDole
10-01-2009, 12:54 PM
Yeah, but the idea of the show isn't to find a contender for the title. It's to give the winner an entry-level position into the...uhh...league(for lack of a better word). Then again, I guess u could say that why even try if they never have a chance of winning the title.

Rampage is planning on retiring after the Evans fight. At least that's the way I understood it.

This season does suck. It sounds good because you have some familiar names, (Roy nelson, Wes Simms, Kimbo, Marcus Jones) but there are too many guys who look like they're trying something totally new for the first time. Hopefully it gets better in the second round.

at least he's gonna fight rashad - anything less would be inexcusable. he's gotta at least try to back up that mouth that never shuts. rashad's gonna hurt him - although i'm impartial on this one.

these giant clowns look like they've never fought before. they get winded after a minute - have sloppy hands - many have no ground game - it's just sad who they picked to be on this year. IMO nelson will just plow through everybody. but like i said - entertainment value. you hear marcus jones talking about how much he loved flowers last episode? that's exactly what i'm in it for.

i would like to see kimbo fight again and get matched up with someone with no ground game or who has pitiful take downs. been waiting to see him drop someone in MMA for what - 3 years now?

kud
10-03-2009, 04:47 AM
Naw moe, the fight is off from what I've read.

http://www.ifight365.com/2009/09/ufc-rampage-vs-rashad-off-as-jackson-announces-retirement/

Quinton “Rampage” Jackson has announced that his planned match with fellow TUF 10 coach Rashad Evans will not take place and that he is “done fighting.”

Rampage wrote on his official website late on Tuesday that he will quit MMA to focus on an acting career.

kud
10-03-2009, 04:49 AM
We could use some more MMA fans in the UFC thread. :up:

moe
10-04-2009, 02:25 PM
Naw moe, the fight is off from what I've read.

http://www.ifight365.com/2009/09/ufc-rampage-vs-rashad-off-as-jackson-announces-retirement/
That's messed up.

Has anybody else noticed that Dana White seems to burn a lot of bridges whenever a fighter's goals and his don't coincide?

Findetta
10-07-2009, 10:28 PM
We could use some more MMA fans in the UFC thread. :up:

I can't believe the lack of MMA fans on this site. Its amazing.

moe
10-11-2009, 12:58 PM
Do any of you guys ever watch other mma orgs like IFL and Dream?

BobDole
10-11-2009, 01:35 PM
Do any of you guys ever watch other mma orgs like IFL and Dream?

i used to all the time - but gay *** brighthouse took away the HDNet channels - so now they aren't on TV anymore. i really liked watching joachim hansen and eddie alvarez fight - i think both could compete in the UFC.

moe
10-12-2009, 09:04 PM
Yeah the hanson alvarez fight has got to be one of the best of all time.

moe
10-18-2009, 09:57 AM
I do like Wes Simms though. He'll surprise people if they don't take him seriously...a la Frank Mir.

Apparently I was right. He surprised me how sorry he was. I predict that the only win for Rampages team is going to be the guy that got caught whacking off in the shower.

kud
10-25-2009, 12:52 AM
Machida got a gift from the judges. I actually wanted him to win. Although technically Shogun won, i'm glad they didn't give it to him. He tried to point his way to victory through leg and body kicks.

j-off-her-doll
10-25-2009, 11:20 AM
Something came up so that I couldn't see the fight.

On paper, this set up as the best fight in UFC history - in terms of the talent of both fighters. From what I'm reading, Shogun is officially back.

I'm glad to hear that there will be a rematch. I don't expect the next fight to reach the score cards.

kud
10-25-2009, 03:32 PM
Something came up so that I couldn't see the fight.

On paper, this set up as the best fight in UFC history - in terms of the talent of both fighters. From what I'm reading, Shogun is officially back.

I'm glad to hear that there will be a rematch. I don't expect the next fight to reach the score cards.

Unfortunately it turned out to be a leg/body kick competition, that Shogun technically should have won. It was still a relatively entertaining fight as the skill in the cage was obvious.

I think Lyoto will be prepared for that strategy in a rematch and should win the fight.

Here's the fightmetric stats for anyone interested.

http://www.fightmetric.com/fights/Machida-Shogun.html

Dolfan3773
10-26-2009, 08:43 PM
Yahoo! Sports is reporting that Lesnar withdrew Monday from the main event due to an illness that has sidelined him from training for over three-and-a-half weeks.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/mma/10/26/lesnar.ufc106/index.html

miamiron
10-27-2009, 03:44 PM
Lesner has to let that "medicine" for the "30 day flu" cycle out of his system then he will be ready

Phinat1c
10-29-2009, 09:27 PM
Can anyone else believe that Meathead tore up Scott Junk on the Ultimate Fighter. I'm still in shock. As for Machida and Shogun II, I think Shogun knocks him out this time around.

kud
11-03-2009, 10:07 PM
Can anyone else believe that Meathead tore up Scott Junk on the Ultimate Fighter. I'm still in shock. As for Machida and Shogun II, I think Shogun knocks him out this time around.

I can't believe how pitiful both of those guys looked. Looked like a tough man competition rather than an MMA fight. Pure garbage. I can't believe Dana White supported that.

Reminder for MMA fans, Strikeforce: Fedor Emelianenko vs Brett Rogers headlining a free show on CBS Saturday night. Couple of other good fights on the card as well: Mayhem Miller vs Jake Shields for MW belt, and Mousasi vs Sokodjou.

Dolfan3773
11-04-2009, 09:43 PM
Interesting...

http://www.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=eventdetail.fightCard&eid=2363

BobDole
11-08-2009, 01:20 AM
add another highlight reel knockout to fedor's list. he about came off his feet throwing that bomb. great fight. man i wish he was in the UFC - no one else will be able to stop lesnar.

j-off-her-doll
11-10-2009, 01:01 PM
Fedor looked great. He fights a lot like A. Silva - where he usually uses a majority of the 1st to get his timing down. But, toward the end of the 1st or early in the 2nd, he makes his move. And, so far, he's unbeatable. Would love to see him KTFO Lesnar.

kud
11-14-2009, 09:34 AM
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2009/11/arkhamasylumfedory-1.gif

j-off-her-doll
11-18-2009, 07:30 PM
Looking at the upcoming cards, and they're pretty bad.

Of course, 106 is crap with Tito and Forrest, but 107 has Penn vs. Sanchez (exciting fight) as the main event and pretty good card, but it doesn't have any other fight that I "have" to see. 108 has Rashad fighting Thiago Silva. The rest of the card is pretty much crap. Now, if they added the Rashad vs. Silva fight to 107, it would have a legitimate co-main. I see Silva winning the fight.

BobDole
11-18-2009, 08:23 PM
what do you guys think about this hardy kid? i was shocked when he beat the irish hand grenade - and even more shocked the way he absolutely handled swick the other night. do you guys think he's got a shot against st. pierre? i don't especially like most of the brits - with bisping being at the top of that list - but i dislike st. pierre even more. basically, i don't like hardy but i hate st. pierre. i think he's got a real good shot against st. pierre - hardy punishes people with those hands and has excellent counter strikes. not too shabby on the ground either. st. pierre's chin is a little suspect - so i would not at all be surprised to see hardy drop him.

i think vera got used in that decision against couture. i like couture just fine but he is not an exciting guy to watch fight - and did basically nothing to get that decision. vera was punishing him with those body kicks and did plenty to get the win. it wasn't the worst decision i've ever seen but it was pretty bad nonetheless.

BobDole
11-18-2009, 08:26 PM
Looking at the upcoming cards, and they're pretty bad.

Of course, 106 is crap with Tito and Forrest, but 107 has Penn vs. Sanchez (exciting fight) as the main event and pretty good card, but it doesn't have any other fight that I "have" to see. 108 has Rashad fighting Thiago Silva. The rest of the card is pretty much crap. Now, if they added the Rashad vs. Silva fight to 107, it would have a legitimate co-main. I see Silva winning the fight.

nothing crazy exciting coming up. i think rashad will murder silva though - his hands are just that quick. he just didn't know how to get close enough to machida to use them - and neither has anyone else. i also see penn killing sanchez - they aren't even on the same level.

kud
11-18-2009, 08:33 PM
Anthony Johnson vs Josh Koscheck is more exciting than the main event for 106.

No, Hardy has no chance against GSP. Well, no more of a chance than Matt Serra did, and he managed to shock GSP. So anything is possible. But unlikely he makes a competitive fight of it anyway.

BobDole
11-18-2009, 08:40 PM

No, Hardy has no chance against GSP. Well, no more of a chance than Matt Serra did, and he managed to shock GSP. So anything is possible. But unlikely he makes a competitive fight of it anyway.

johnson v koscheck should be interesting. two of the best athletes in MMA with crazy explosive hands. hard to predict that one - whoever gets their first home run hit first wins IMO. i'll say johnson for the smell of it.

i think hardy has a pretty good chance myself. he's not in that elite class that st. pierre is in yet - but he could easily get there IMO. he basically walked through davis and swick - 2 great fighters. with those hands and st. pierre's chin - i could see it happen. i wouldn't bet on it but i wouldn't be at all surprised.

kud
11-18-2009, 09:00 PM
johnson v koscheck should be interesting. two of the best athletes in MMA with crazy explosive hands. hard to predict that one - whoever gets their first home run hit first wins IMO. i'll say johnson for the smell of it.

i think hardy has a pretty good chance myself. he's not in that elite class that st. pierre is in yet - but he could easily get there IMO. he basically walked through davis and swick - 2 great fighters. with those hands and st. pierre's chin - i could see it happen. i wouldn't bet on it but i wouldn't be at all surprised.

That may be true if GSP was going to strike with him. But it's most likely gonna look exactly like the Thiago Alves fight.

BobDole
11-18-2009, 09:06 PM
That may be true if GSP was going to strike with him. But it's most likely gonna look exactly like the Thiago Alves fight.

man i hope not. that's one of the reasons i can't stand gsp - he just lays on guys when he thinks they can KO him. i know that's technically the 'smart' thing to do - but fugg - you hold the damn belt - make someone take it from you. total ***** move IMO. i hope hardy doesn't let him do that.

kud
11-18-2009, 09:24 PM
man i hope not. that's one of the reasons i can't stand gsp - he just lays on guys when he thinks they can KO him. i know that's technically the 'smart' thing to do - but fugg - you hold the damn belt - make someone take it from you. total ***** move IMO. i hope hardy doesn't let him do that.

Wouldn't be so bad if he actually finished guys like that. But he seems content to just grind on them slowly instead of putting together some flurries that could actually finish his opponent. It does damage over time and scores points but certainly not the most entertaining.

I don't care for GSP but I like Hardy even less. He's too cocky too soon, I hope GSP busts him up one way or another.

BobDole
11-18-2009, 09:39 PM
Wouldn't be so bad if he actually finished guys like that. But he seems content to just grind on them slowly instead of putting together some flurries that could actually finish his opponent. It does damage over time and scores points but certainly not the most entertaining.

I don't care for GSP but I like Hardy even less. He's too cocky too soon, I hope GSP busts him up one way or another.

hardy is a cocky british ******* - that's for sure. i'm sure i'll grow to hate him just as much as i do pierre. i just want somebody else holding the belt other than pierre - it seems that all the belt holders will be at the top for some time. i don't see lesnar, silva, machida, or penn going down anytime soon. pierre has the best chance of losing the title IMO - he's the least dominant of the group - might as well shake it up and make things interesting.

kud
11-18-2009, 10:15 PM
hardy is a cocky british ******* - that's for sure. i'm sure i'll grow to hate him just as much as i do pierre. i just want somebody else holding the belt other than pierre - it seems that all the belt holders will be at the top for some time. i don't see lesnar, silva, machida, or penn going down anytime soon. pierre has the best chance of losing the title IMO - he's the least dominant of the group - might as well shake it up and make things interesting.

Lesnar is already down. He may never fight again last I heard. :( I think they are going to be having an interim title fight. Probably something like Carwin vs Velasquez or Dos Santos vs one of them.

Machida technically already lost to Shogun. But got robbed of a decision. So if nothing else a weakness of his was exposed.

I'd give Marquardt a better chance to beat A.Silva than I would Hardy to beat GSP lol. But yeah, he's most likely safe, as well as BJ.

BobDole
11-19-2009, 01:56 AM
Lesnar is already down. He may never fight again last I heard. :( I think they are going to be having an interim title fight. Probably something like Carwin vs Velasquez or Dos Santos vs one of them.

Machida technically already lost to Shogun. But got robbed of a decision. So if nothing else a weakness of his was exposed.

I'd give Marquardt a better chance to beat A.Silva than I would Hardy to beat GSP lol. But yeah, he's most likely safe, as well as BJ.

i had not heard lesnar might not ever fight again. that would really be a shame.

i saw the shogun fight. i could go either way on that one. neither one of them really did anything. the only 'weakness' machida has is that he waits for the other guy to come to him. if the other guy isn't the aggressor - it's hard to watch.

silva's gonna kill marquardt. i hope he doesn't b/c i'm getting sick of silva too but i don't even give marquardt a puncher's chance in that one. silva's gonna hurt him. i give hardy a much better chance against gsp myself, but who knows.

good talking MMA with you man. i find it shocking there aren't more of us in here - considering this is a football message board and all.

kud
11-19-2009, 03:42 AM
i had not heard lesnar might not ever fight again. that would really be a shame.

i saw the shogun fight. i could go either way on that one. neither one of them really did anything. the only 'weakness' machida has is that he waits for the other guy to come to him. if the other guy isn't the aggressor - it's hard to watch.

silva's gonna kill marquardt. i hope he doesn't b/c i'm getting sick of silva too but i don't even give marquardt a puncher's chance in that one. silva's gonna hurt him. i give hardy a much better chance against gsp myself, but who knows.

Lesnar had gotten really sick which is why he had to pull out of the Carwin fight which was scheduled for 106. It has since been reported he has a bacterial infection which will likely require serious surgery.

I'm a big Marquardt fan so i'm biased. Don't want to dig myself another grave like I did with Forrest vs A.Silva. :chuckle:

good talking MMA with you man. i find it shocking there aren't more of us in here - considering this is a football message board and all.

Somehow I think maybe there probably are a few more around and just don't bother with the other sections of the site, which is a shame. But at least there's a good handful of us. :up:

j-off-her-doll
11-19-2009, 03:47 PM

Yeah, GSP will absolutely murder Hardy - save for a fluke in the vein of the Serra fight. I also agree that the Johnson/Koscheck fight is more exciting than the main event, and it's really only worthy of headlining a Fight Night on Spike.

I'd put $10 on Silva over Rashad.

kud
11-22-2009, 10:42 AM
Lol, Koscheck's post fight interview.

Mako
11-26-2009, 09:14 PM
First, in an ideal situation, Dan Hardy should fight Koscheck or Fitch before getting a shot at GSP.

I like Marcus Davis and Mike Swick, and no question they're in the UFC's Top 10 in the Welterweight division rankings, and I'll go as far as calling Swick a fringe top 5 guy. However, I think Hardy needs to face one more top five guy, specifically someone who is going to try and put him on his back, which Kos and Fitch both will aim to do. You know for a fact this will be the strategy GSP employs when facing Hardy, to put him down early and put him down often. I think we'd get a good grasp of how his sprawl and takedown defense is by pitting him against Fitch or Koscheck.

That being said, Dan Hardy getting a title shot is almost a necessary evil. The UFC is ill-afford to put their Welterweight Division on hiatus for an expansive period of time, and GSP has already dispatched of Fitch, Koscheck and Alves, and quite honestly rematches don't seem to be ideal for any party. I do think both Paul Daley and Carlos Condit have potential to be long term challengers, but now would be way too soon to throw them in to the title picture. Hardy, while thrust in to it prematurely, at least can stake claim to a 4-0 record inside the Octagon, and thus could at least PASS as a viable challenge at this stage.

In my opinion, if I had my say in the matter, I'd have Hardy fight Fitch or Koscheck, have GSP and Anderson Silva fight in a catch-weight fight and worry about the title later.. But that's just me.

As for the HW title, latest rumor is Carwin vs. Velasquez for the Interim Title.

Dolfan3773
12-06-2009, 03:41 AM
Kimbo Slice wins his UFC debut....he didn't look that bad, still has work to do

BTW...Liddell and Ortiz for TUF 11

Have you guys seen the UFC action figures? I collect McFarlane sports figures and I ran into the UFC figures. They're made by Jakks and look pretty good. I just bought a Chuck Liddell, Forest Griffin and Anderson Silvia one

Akronfinfan36
12-06-2009, 11:53 AM
Florian v Guida? If Florian can withstand Guida's typical barrage, I say Florian submits him.

kud
12-06-2009, 06:43 PM
Florian v Guida? If Florian can withstand Guida's typical barrage, I say Florian submits him.

Maybe, but Guida would be a good bet at +165. I think he has a good chance to out work Kenny to a decision.

BobDole
12-06-2009, 07:56 PM
kimbo didn't look too bad. he'll never amount to anything in the UFC but it was nice to see him be at least somewhat well rounded. he took the coaching well.

big country winning it was no surprise whatsoever. him dominating the cocky british fugg was the highlight of the season for me. would've also liked big baby to murder mitrione - but what can you do?

florian vs. guida is a good match up. florian has too many weapons and talent for guida to handle IMO - but if he can pull off that ultra predictable game plan of head down, takedown, and pound out he's got a shot. i think the UFC has evolved to the point where the insanely one dimensional guys like guida will be extinct real soon - so enjoy watching them while you still can.

kud
12-06-2009, 09:16 PM
lol, Kimbum. Leave it to Dana to match him up with a guy who probably has a worse ground game than Kimbum himself.

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2009/12/zr59f-1.jpg

KDog13
12-07-2009, 02:33 AM
lol Roy Nelson is so annoying and he said he will fight anyone.

line him up with Cain Velasquez, Then Shane Carwin, Then Brock Lesnar. Afterwords he will be skinny from having his belly punch in. That guy is annoying.

Also man Jon Jones is a classy guy and a Beast. He won before that shady blow DQ. He should file for no contest.

KIMBO!!!

Dolfan3773
12-07-2009, 09:35 PM
Former UFC middleweight Dan Henderson (http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Dan-Henderson-195) signed a four-fight, 16-month deal with Strikeforce on Saturday.

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Henderson-Reaches-Agreement-with-Strikeforce-21377

That's f'ed up that Dana White let him go like that...Henderson is one of my fav. fighters and still at his age was a good competitor in the UFC.

moe
12-08-2009, 04:13 PM
Roy nelson is my hero. :)

I thought the kimbo fight was a lil fishy. I never would have picked alexander to run around the ring like that, especially the entire 1st round. I'm a fan of kimbo, but that fight just didn't seem right.

But yeah, roy nelson is the man. The HW division seems to be pretty weak overall. So, actually, he prolly ranks pretty high as far as talent is concerned. I think he has a fair chance of beating somebody like Mir. Nelson is actually pretty well-rounded. :chuckles:

I was most impressed with meat-head. He's got a pretty good punch and did well to get out of jones' ground and pound. Speaking of jones, I hope somebody gets a hold of him and teaches him some stand-up and basic wrestling techniques. He tackles really well, but he leads with his head. His up-side is huge especially considering that he has only been doing mma for 2 years.

Akronfinfan36
12-08-2009, 07:48 PM
lol, Kimbum. Leave it to Dana to match him up with a guy who probably has a worse ground game than Kimbum himself.

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2009/12/zr59f-1.jpg

That pic is hilarious. They were both sucking wind so bad. I honestly don't know how long Kimbo can last in MMA. His one leg is so fragile. When he took that one leg lick, he just crumbled.

Akronfinfan36
12-08-2009, 07:49 PM
http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Henderson-Reaches-Agreement-with-Strikeforce-21377

That's f'ed up that Dana White let him go like that...Henderson is one of my fav. fighters and still at his age was a good competitor in the UFC.

Yeah, that is disappointing. I like Henderson a lot too.

kud
12-09-2009, 12:42 AM

Yep Hendo is the man. But it's no biggie to me. I'll just as soon watch him in Strikeforce. I'd like to see Dan Henderson vs Nick Diaz. But they'll probably give him a title shot against Jake Shields immediately.

kud
12-09-2009, 12:44 AM
That pic is hilarious. They were both sucking wind so bad. I honestly don't know how long Kimbo can last in MMA. His one leg is so fragile. When he took that one leg lick, he just crumbled.

Pitiful for two "professional" athletes. And to think they only actually fought about one minute out of the 3 round fight.

kud
12-13-2009, 03:06 AM
Diego's destiny

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2009/12/20091212101658_IMG_6256JPG-1.jpg

Dolfan3773
12-13-2009, 05:28 PM
Diego's destiny

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2009/12/20091212101658_IMG_6256JPG-1.jpg

BJ Penn is the ****

kud
12-13-2009, 05:58 PM
BJ Penn is the ****

Diego looked like he was hit in the head by a Machete after that head kick. Ouch!

moe
01-03-2010, 07:25 PM
Anybody see shinya aoki break that dude's arm? It was kinda sick :).

I never would've expected to see him throwing his middle finger in the face of that guy, but I don't know the back story if there was one.

How well do you think a guy as one-dimensional as Aoki would fare in the UFC?

BobDole
01-06-2010, 02:36 AM
Anybody see shinya aoki break that dude's arm? It was kinda sick :).

I never would've expected to see him throwing his middle finger in the face of that guy, but I don't know the back story if there was one.

How well do you think a guy as one-dimensional as Aoki would fare in the UFC?

he would get murdered. you can't come into the UFC with zero stand up anymore. the brazilian grappling days are over - thank gawd. i used to watch him fight all the time and the one time he went up against someone with great hands - hanson - he got abused. he wouldn't last a round with an elite striker in the UFC. not a chance.

kud
01-10-2010, 02:31 PM
Takanori Gomi signed with the UFC. Looks like the UFC is trying to pull in more talent for BJ to dominate.

They need to throw some money at Aoki, Alvarez, Kawajiri of DREAM.

BobDole
01-10-2010, 09:13 PM
alvarez would be a great addition. dude has serious UFC potential. he's a gamer.

kud
01-30-2010, 11:48 PM
Lmao. Rex Ryan got interviewed at Strikeforce: Miami, the crowd booed the crap out of him, love it.

Rex Ryan commented "We're coming to beat you twice next year."

Findetta
03-28-2010, 09:16 AM
Its been awhile guys. Here it is tonight's fights:

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif > (http://www.ufc.com/JonFitch)http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif (http://www.ufc.com/BenSaunders)
Jon Fitch Ben Saunders
Fitch is a beast, he controlled and owned the fight. I heard dude he fought was called up today because Alves couldn't make it.
http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif > (http://www.ufc.com/KurtPellegrino)http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif (http://www.ufc.com/FabricioCamoes)
Kurt Pellegrino Fabricio Camoes
Cardio Machine, decent fight
http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif< (http://www.ufc.com/FrankMir)http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif (http://www.ufc.com/ShaneCarwin)
Frank Mir Shane Carwin- Now 12-0,TKO real quick,on to the next one..Lesnar

The ref should have called this one earlier
http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif> (http://www.ufc.com/GeorgesSt-Pierre)http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif (http://www.ufc.com/DanHardy)
Georges St-Pierre Dan Hardy
GSP controlled and owned big time, how did Hardy's arm not snap?
(http://www.ufc.com/DanHardy)
http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif (http://www.ufc.com/RousimarPalhares)
Rousimar Palhares = Dirt bag, they showed his fight because Carwin took our Mir quick. He held on to a leg lock 5 seconds after his opponent tapped.

Complete results.
http://www.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=EventDetail.home&eid=2747

JT-forpresident
03-28-2010, 07:58 PM
might have to change my username to GSP-forpresident !!!!!!

keep it up homeboy !!!

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2010/03/quebecflag-1.jpg

Findetta
03-28-2010, 09:40 PM
might have to change my username to GSP-forpresident !!!!!!

keep it up homeboy !!!

Man, I don't really see anyone in his weight class stopping him. I didn't think Hardy had a chance, I thought Alves did though. Fitch has to be next and he to controls his opponent, but I doubt he could do that to GSP.

BobDole
03-29-2010, 12:25 AM
Man, I don't really see anyone in his weight class stopping him. I didn't think Hardy had a chance, I thought Alves did though. Fitch has to be next and he to controls his opponent, but I doubt he could do that to GSP.

i didn't think hardy had a chance either - and man was he overmatched. with how good hardy did against davis and swick it just goes to show you how good GSP really is. would really like him to put on a few and challenge silva - both seem untouchable in their divisions.

fitch got embarrassed in the first GSP fight. don't think he'll be wanting to do that one over again.

Findetta
03-29-2010, 07:08 AM
i didn't think hardy had a chance either - and man was he overmatched. with how good hardy did against davis and swick it just goes to show you how good GSP really is. would really like him to put on a few and challenge silva - both seem untouchable in their divisions.

fitch got embarrassed in the first GSP fight. don't think he'll be wanting to do that one over again.

Penn stepped up to fight GSP, Silva goes up all the time, its time for GSP to do it. He said he's not chicken and will fight those deserving, who more than Silva? GSP would be giving up a lot though, Silva cuts to get to 185 but who cares.

Fitch was talking after the fight saying he wants another shot and Dana was like fight Koscheck and Fitch said no real quick. Like Dana I am tired of this "I won't fight my teammate" nonsense. This is not a team sport. If you want the title that bad, climb the ladder.

Dolfan3773
03-30-2010, 05:30 AM
This event kinda upset me.

1. I wanted to see Thiago Alves fight (one of my fav fighters)
2. I thought the Carwin/Mir fight was going to be more interesting but Mir got his **** smashed in. Carwin/Lesnar should be good.
3. I HATE GSP (hes a very smart and talented fighter) but I just dont like him. He dominated Hardy and no one in that division can touch him. I would love to see a GSP/Silva fight.

The only thing that I liked about the event was the toughness and heart of Hardy. The kimura and arm bar he was in was nasty and he didnt give up. He gave it his all even though he got dominated. He couldnt defend take downs at all.

112 should be decent. Glad to see Anderson Silva back and of course always love to watch BJ Penn.

kud
03-31-2010, 12:29 PM
GSP is so pathetic. I fell asleep two times during his fight and two during John Fitch's.

I got plenty of love for the ground game, I'm not one of those guys who would boo when the fight goes to the ground, but wrestle f'ing your opponent and doing nothing else is not my cup of tea.

Dan Hardy looked the same at the end of the fight as he did at the start after 25 minutes with top 10 pound 4 pound fighter, Georges St. Pierre. Pathetic.

Dolfan3773
03-31-2010, 07:41 PM
Free even tonight and then TUF 11 after, should be a decent event

j-off-her-doll
04-07-2010, 05:01 AM
GSP used to stop people. He should get rid of G. Jackson. G. Jackson was telling him NOT to pass and to fight a conservative fight. Why would he want GSP to stay in Hardy's guard? As soon as Hardy got to his feet, GSP took him right back to the ground. I'm still a GSP fan. He's one of the five most dominate fighters in MMA, but I've been disappointed in his recent fight strategies.

I also think the move up to 185 is just what GSP needs. He'll be able to do most of the same things at 185. I hear that he can take down R. Evans at will - and that Evan can't take down GSP. But, there will be more pressure to capitalize. Silva is too dangerous to toy around with.

The caveat: A. Silva would likely beat GSP, so while it might be good for GSP as a fighter, it might not be good for his face or his track record.