PDA

View Full Version : The Armando Salguero Love Thread

Summie_Logs
03-10-2009, 09:26 AM
Dear Armando Salguero,

I finally realized what I really despise about you. It's not your hackneyed writing or english 101 style, it's looking at your ugly mug every time I have to read one of your ****stories about the Dolphins. I've finally blocked that mug from ever appearing on my browser. Now I can read your crap without looking at the hole from which it came.

Thank You,
Summie_Logs

Feel free to add your own letter to our favorite Dolphins beatwriter.

Dredd1050
03-10-2009, 09:26 AM
Are you Edwin Pope???

NYinBostonFin
03-10-2009, 09:28 AM
Dear Armando,

I don't know why people read your column when they hate you so much. Even to go so far as to write you, or post on a Dolphins forum. Please explain if you can?

fatkirstyalley
03-10-2009, 09:44 AM
Dear Armando Salguero,

I finally realized what I really despise about you. It's not your hackneyed writing or english 101 style, it's looking at your ugly mug every time I have to read one of your ****stories about the Dolphins. I've finally blocked that mug from ever appearing on my browser. Now I can read your crap without looking at the hole from which it came.

Thank You,
Summie_Logs

Feel free to add your own letter to our favorite Dolphins beatwriter.
Holy crap someone took his stiff pills this morning! While I dont necessarily agree with all of Armando's opinions, I think he is damn sexy!

Rio
03-10-2009, 09:52 AM
the guys alright . he's just another sports hack trying to do his job. be careful, he could be fleecing the board as we write looking for new & original ideas to prop up his column. At least he's not from out of town, occultly owing his allegiance to another team, while covering our beloved Dolphins.
Remember what BillParcells said about the Media: "they don't know anything ... don't waste your time with their opinions":lol:

DefensiveEnd76
03-10-2009, 09:57 AM
Isn't Armando a closet Jets fan?

Rio
03-10-2009, 10:03 AM
I don't think so, but nothing would surprise me with these guys.

Hey, I've had second thoughts on DanMarino & the Dolphins since he entered media broadcasting. Hasn't been very friendly to the home town team that retired his number & erected a statue in his honor in front of the stadium. Think about it. not too many kind words or words of encouragement have crossed his lips to the nation of football.

Get it right: I attack not the Dan Marino #13, the Dolphin Icon, I refer to the MediaBroadcaster & SuperEgo who maligns Miami on every occasion. What? No truth to that statement? I'm the only one to pick up on his indifferent, at times negative, even hostile attitude toward the team that made him great. And the Jokes? Funny? I think not. I expected more.
Salgado is lightweight & pales in comparison.

RockyMtnPhinfan
03-10-2009, 10:23 AM
It's always entertaining to see his crossed out words, which i am sure he has gotten into trouble for (hint hint jason taylor article). I enjoy Armando's article and have even gotten into email banter with him previously. He's a good guy with funny opinions sometimes. Nice work Armando (even if you ARE a republican). Keep it coming buddy.......

clownfish
03-10-2009, 10:26 AM
I don't think so, but nothing would surprise me with these guys.

Hey, I've had second thoughts on DanMarino & the Dolphins since he entered media broadcasting. Hasn't been very friendly to the home town team that retired his number & erected statue in his honor in front of the stadium. Think about it. not too many kind words or words of encouragement have crossed his lips to the nation of football.

Get it right: I attack not the Dan Marino #13, the Dolphin Icon, I refer to the MediaBroadcaster & SuperEgo who maligns Miami on every occasion. What? No truth to that statement? I'm the only one to pick up on his indifferent, at times negative, even hostile attitude toward the team that made him great. And the Jokes? Funny? I think not. I expected more.
Salgado is lightweight & pales in comparison.

You're being too sensitive. We haven't deserved any kind words since he retired until last year. The last game we played against Baltimore he picked us to lose, but then said he had hoped he was wrong. Of course he is a Dolphins fan, but he can't let that interfere with doing his job well.

Rio
03-10-2009, 10:28 AM
agreed:
we love being trashed on national television by one of our own,

He could do his job perfectly well in a kinder way regarding the team that made him great & get out of the way of his own ego once in a while. The man, not the Icon, has disappointed me & I would wager many other fans as well.

Personally I try to avoid his broadcastes whenever possible. I have no further comments on the subject.

popularwar
03-10-2009, 10:32 AM
The only thing worse than his crappy blogs is when they have him on the radio, the guy's voice makes me want to die.

Vaark
03-10-2009, 12:40 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2009/03/28vvfuq-1.jpg

Etuoo33
03-10-2009, 12:52 PM
With writers like Armando it's no wonder newspapers in general are going bankrupt.

tcdrover
03-10-2009, 02:03 PM
He's always reminded me of the dog whisperer.

They probably get their leashes and collars in the same stores. :d-day:

Summie_Logs
03-11-2009, 11:07 AM
I like Omar a lot better from a writing standpoint. Do the folks around here really put Omar and Armando on the same level?

Omar had great coverage on the Senior Bowl. Position by position breakdown of prospects that he saw and liked and also some firsthand reporting of guys he saw talking with the Big Guys.

Also, get outta here with that Marino talk. Next you'll tell us Don Shula hates the Dolphins and that you can't stand him.