PDA

View Full Version : Andre Smith

ticophin
03-11-2009, 06:14 PM
He was an embarrasment at his pro day, he will surely be available when we pick, but I dont know if anybody is willing to use their 1st on such an unprofessional athlete......
It is being commented that he even took his shirt off for some drills, to his disadvantage......:crazy:
http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/03/11/scout-smith-lost-millions-today/

MAdolfan
03-11-2009, 06:25 PM
why would we need 3 starting tackles?.....noo

he hasnt been prepared for anything all off-season. shows his immaturity and lack of character

skipp2myloo13
03-11-2009, 06:51 PM
we wont leave the top 20

playmaker1
03-11-2009, 06:54 PM
He keeps proving he is stupid. Before the whole combine incident, he was projected to go #2. This was after not playing in his Bowl game for being stupid. I wouldn't want a guy like this on my team.

But yeah, he will still go in the mid 1st round. Crazy...

PhinsRDbest
03-11-2009, 06:54 PM
I'm very surprised Saban did not make him cry(although i bet he got the same Manny Wright treatment).

Sunny Fish
03-11-2009, 06:56 PM
He will end up a bust at tackle for anyone. His best shot at a good future is at guard, but he better get some dedication.

blackthought
03-11-2009, 06:56 PM
We do need a third tackle. That high? Maybe not. But he does offer options, he can play guard as well. I read some of those articles on his workout, his numbers were horrid but his position drills were on par, so take that for what its worth.

http://blogs.nfl.com/category/pro-days/

studsatele
03-11-2009, 07:00 PM
God: Andre my son. I have blessed you with a very large and strong body. You are welcome. This shall be your meal ticket.

Andre: Who said meal?!?!

MrClean
03-12-2009, 02:51 AM
Eugene Monroe's best combine electronically timed 40 time was 5.31
His best 3 cone was 7.86
He did 23 reps on the bench was arms an inch and a half shorter than Smith's arms

Smith ran a 5.28
His 3 cone was 7.88
He did 19 reps

Now is that all so much different that you want Monroe in the top 5 and Andre Smith is falling off the face of the earth?
So he doesn't look like Adonis. If he did could he block better?

playmaker1
03-12-2009, 03:13 AM
Eugene Monroe's best combine electronically timed 40 time was 5.31
His best 3 cone was 7.86
He did 23 reps on the bench was arms an inch and a half shorter than Smith's arms

Smith ran a 5.28
His 3 cone was 7.88
He did 19 reps

Now is that all so much different that you want Monroe in the top 5 and Andre Smith is falling off the face of the earth?
So he doesn't look like Adonis. If he did could he block better?

It is not his numbers that is making him look like a dumb arse. It is him. First he get's booted out of his last bowl game, because he couldn't wait a week or two to start talking to agents.

Then he shows up to the combine and promptly admits that he has not even started working out yet because he was too busy trying to find and agent still. So not only is he proving that he is dumb, that he has no work ethic, but also he is unreliable. Who wants a guy that can't even stay in shape. Who goes to their biggest job interview in their life and say, oh, my bad, I just don't care about this as much as you'd like me to. No point in bringing in a lazy guy.

And sad thing is he is still going to be a high draft pick. I hope he flops personally.

JCane
03-12-2009, 03:22 AM
No interest at all.

Gutterball.

Roman529
03-12-2009, 04:29 AM
Why bother? He clearly doesn't care much about playing football, being a good teammate, or listening to Saban or the other Bama's coaches? Sounds like a major headcase.....he might be worth a late 2nd round pick, but there are plenty of other guys who are willing to work hard.

Kdawg954
03-12-2009, 06:51 AM
Guy is going to be a Pro Bowl Guard in this league . . . well atleast if he works a little.

DENVERDOLFAN
03-12-2009, 12:16 PM
I think he will still be long gone before 25 and I don't see us adding a first round salary to our o-line with what is already being spent there.

FinaticalOne
03-12-2009, 12:21 PM
He was an embarrasment at his pro day, he will surely be available when we pick, but I dont know if anybody is willing to use their 1st on such an unprofessional athlete......
It is being commented that he even took his shirt off for some drills, to his disadvantage......:crazy:
http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/03/11/scout-smith-lost-millions-today/

I think you blew the report out of proportion. They said on tv that Smith had a good (not great) pro day, BUT the only thing he should not have done was take off his shirt.

Smith is STILL a top 20 OT, some think he still may be the best overall, it is his decision making prior to his pro day that is hurting his stock, but he made a very positive comment last night when they asked him if he's just going to relax a let his pro day speak for itself. His comment "no, I'm putting the pedal to the metal."

ADavieDolphin
03-12-2009, 01:54 PM
if we didnt resign carey i'd say do it. He was the projected no.1 pick the past couple months...
he's still got mad talent... he is very stupid though...
how do you do that at the combine.. did he really think about the reprocussions of his decision?>

Dolfan3773
03-12-2009, 02:34 PM
hes a lazy fatso

ChambersWI
03-12-2009, 02:36 PM
Smith's preparation hasn't helped him in the eyes of the scouts, but what is also hurting him is that more and more teams are viewing him as a guard. Similar thing happened to Shawn Andrews when he came out; looked like a lock for the top 5, but after the combine and pro days, nobody viewed him as a OT anymore.

ticophin
03-12-2009, 03:40 PM
I think you blew the report out of proportion. They said on tv that Smith had a good (not great) pro day, BUT the only thing he should not have done was take off his shirt.

Smith is STILL a top 20 OT, some think he still may be the best overall, it is his decision making prior to his pro day that is hurting his stock, but he made a very positive comment last night when they asked him if he's just going to relax a let his pro day speak for itself. His comment "no, I'm putting the pedal to the metal."
Its not his skill, which by watching tape, obviously, is there....he is a talent no doubt...Our beloved Nick Satan said on NFL Net. this morning that whoever gets him will definetly be adding a superior athlete to their organization (aaargh, about to puke)....
Its his head, his desitions, they are the ones driving him "pedal to the metal" out ouf the top 10 (unless Da Raiders have something to add):up:

X-Pacolypse
03-12-2009, 07:35 PM
Guy is going to be a Pro Bowl Guard in this league . . . well atleast if he works a little.

If he ever finds a work ethic, maybe.

Pinkboy
03-12-2009, 08:10 PM
If you ever saw Vernon Carey with his shirt off you wouldn't freak out over this Andre dude.

God help you if you see Vernon unclothed. And he's been in the NFL for years, and under NFL training programs. Yet still looks like a fat Big Mac eating slob.

dolfan_germany
03-13-2009, 07:27 AM
I don't think he will fall out of the top 15.. There were different reports how his pro day was and imo he has too much talent that he would fall out of the top 15..

Kdawg954
03-13-2009, 08:25 AM
Seriously, if this guy is there at 25 . . . . I don't see how we can pass him up . . . . especially if we are able to trade Satele.

Kdawg954
03-13-2009, 08:28 AM
I don't think he will fall out of the top 15.. There were different reports how his pro day was and imo he has too much talent that he would fall out of the top 15..

He doesn't have the jake Long, Jason Smith build . . . . he really isn't best as a LT anyways . . . . but u throw him at Guard . . . . and he could be the best Guard in the league sooner than later . . . and that is the truth.

Some said he had a decent Pro day, if u get past the running w/o the shirt. The reps werent that impressive, but he hasn't been traininig either and he has long arms. He is by far the best guard in this draft.

RUDEbyallMEANS
03-13-2009, 11:36 AM
The league should have a body fat percentage requirement. Considering the obesity problem in this country, the sport shouldn't be praising 330 lb. heart attacks waiting to happen.

Andre Smith running with his shirt off was a disgrace.

CW_McGraw
03-14-2009, 10:24 AM
Here's a question for you guys: if Smith is there in the second round, would you want him? Could Sparano whip this guy into shape?

VT Dolphan
03-14-2009, 11:09 AM
I wouldn't touch him with either of our first two picks. No matter how much raw talent the kid may have, it's obvious the kid is lazy as hell and dumb as a brick. In a matter of about two months he has gone from possibly being the first pick in the draft to a likely second rounder. Between his suspension from the Sugar Bowl, going M.I.A. at the combine and disappointing at his pro day I don't know who the hell would spend a first round pick on this guy.

Saying he would make a great guard is basically a nice way of saying he's too fat and slow footed to play tackle. Let someone else burn a high pick on such an underachiever.

greasyObnoxious
03-14-2009, 11:36 AM
Smith's preparation hasn't helped him in the eyes of the scouts, but what is also hurting him is that more and more teams are viewing him as a guard. Similar thing happened to Shawn Andrews when he came out; looked like a lock for the top 5, but after the combine and pro days, nobody viewed him as a OT anymore.

yet Andrews went in the top 20. i think someone will take him. Chicago needs a ton of help along the OL. Detroit at #20 would probably take him as well assuming the didn't address OL at #1.

Billy Baroo
03-14-2009, 12:23 PM
Seriously, if this guy is there at 25 . . . . I don't see how we can pass him up . . . . especially if we are able to trade Satele.

If he is there at 25, we could trade the pick to some team who wants him and doesn't think he'll slide any farther. Perhaps the Giants, the Browns, or the Lions would want to trade up...all three have enough picks (extra 2nd or 3rd rounder) to make a deal. We could slide down a few spots and pick up another solid draftee. Also, some other team might want him and trade their 2nd and a pick in the 2010 draft for our pick at 25.

However, if he hasn't been removed from our draft board and is there at 25, drafting him and trading Satele for an extra pick would make for an impressive OLine. The only drawback would be that we would have even more money devoted to the Oline than we do now.

ticophin
03-14-2009, 03:18 PM
How to Loose 15 Million Dollars in 3 Months, by Andre Smith....the NY Times Bestseller, out in stores now!

Dr. Phin
03-14-2009, 04:09 PM
After seeing this guy, the scouts should be embarrassed for considering this guy a first rounder. The team that picks this guy just found themselves a bad guard...if that.

Dr. Phin
03-14-2009, 04:11 PM
If you ever saw Vernon Carey with his shirt off you wouldn't freak out over this Andre dude.

God help you if you see Vernon unclothed. And he's been in the NFL for years, and under NFL training programs. Yet still looks like a fat Big Mac eating slob.

How many times did Carey bench 225? I bet you is was more than 19. Come on, there were kickers that benched more than this guy.....

FaithfulFinFan
03-14-2009, 04:41 PM
If he is there at 25, we could trade the pick to some team who wants him and doesn't think he'll slide any farther. Perhaps the Giants, the Browns, or the Lions would want to trade up...all three have enough picks (extra 2nd or 3rd rounder) to make a deal. We could slide down a few spots and pick up another solid draftee. Also, some other team might want him and trade their 2nd and a pick in the 2010 draft for our pick at 25.

However, if he hasn't been removed from our draft board and is there at 25, drafting him and trading Satele for an extra pick would make for an impressive OLine. The only drawback would be that we would have even more money devoted to the Oline than we do now.

That is exactly how you work the draft board! Maybe the Fins don't want/need him--BUT some other teams behind us probably would take the chance and give up say a late 1st or early 2nd and a 3rd/4th round pick for him. I think I would do that all day long. Why not get an extra pick for a guy with a ton of talent but a speck of brain usage. I hope something like that happens. A lot of teams probably want to take him--but they don't want to be known as the team that potentially drafted a bust. On the other hand teams don't want to be known as the team that let a goldmine past them up. Remember Randy Moss falling to the 19th pick??

playmaker1
03-14-2009, 04:52 PM
How to Loose 15 Million Dollars in 3 Months, by Andre Smith....the NY Times Bestseller, out in stores now!

Perfect post. :chuckle:

Two months ago, he was on top of every mock draft and everyone was arguing if the Lions should take him #1, or take a QB and let him fall to the Rams at #2.

I have seen mocks now with him going middle of the 2nd round. I think he will still go in the first by a team hoping they can get him back in shape, but what a scary decision.

playmaker1
03-14-2009, 04:54 PM
How many times did Carey bench 225? I bet you is was more than 19. Come on, there were kickers that benched more than this guy.....

30 :up:

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=274&draftyear=2004&genpos=OG

dr.jake
03-14-2009, 05:10 PM
We do need a third tackle. That high? Maybe not. But he does offer options, he can play guard as well. I read some of those articles on his workout, his numbers were horrid but his position drills were on par, so take that for what its worth.

http://blogs.nfl.com/category/pro-days/

i agree we need to add another lineman who can slide between guard and tackle in the event of an injury to one of the starters. this draft is deep in quality interior lineman and one of the top 3 picks could yield a starter in the immediate future or a decent insurance policy this year.

#1dolphinsfan
03-14-2009, 05:13 PM
if he is there and can play RG yes but other then that no