PDA

View Full Version : Wash. Man Caught In HOV Lane With Unbuckled Dummy

BAMAPHIN 22
03-14-2009, 12:59 PM
You forgot to buckle up, dummy!

A commuter who put a homemade dummy in the passenger seat to sneak into the car pool lane was caught Wednesday near Seattle. But it wasn't because a cop realized the passenger was fake.

Instead, the State Patrol trooper noticed the dangling belt buckle on the passenger side and suspected a seat belt violation.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/03/13/ap/strange/main4864086.shtml

1 dol fan
03-14-2009, 04:30 PM
I've always thought about something along these lines... kinda reminds me of that episode of curb your enthusiasm when Larry picks up a hooker so he can use the HOV lane so he wouldn't be late for the (Red sox?) game.

I love that show...

playmaker1
03-14-2009, 05:11 PM
haha, this happened a few miles from my place. I heard it and laughed so hard. We're awesome here in Washington!

"He created his passenger by draping a rain jacket over plastic piping, topping it off with a Halloween mask of Gandalf, the "Lord of the Rings" wizard, a beard and a baseball cap."

Gonzo
03-14-2009, 07:46 PM
I love the fact that he used a Gandalf mask. :lol:

Dolphan7
03-14-2009, 11:44 PM
I often wondered if people would do something like this. Now I know.....yes.

I thought about it, not doing it, but just an idea.

All I can say to that cop....You're lucky it wasn't Saruman!!

Gonzo
03-14-2009, 11:46 PM
I often wondered if people would do something like this. Now I know.....yes.

I thought about it, not doing it, but just an idea.

All I can say to that cop....You're lucky it wasn't Saruman!!People got caught in Phoenix while I was there, one with a blow-up doll. :lol: Channel three (or one of them, but pretty sure it was 3) did a special on it where they caught quite a few on camera.

Dolphan7
03-14-2009, 11:51 PM
People got caught in Phoenix while I was there, one with a blow-up doll. :lol: Channel three (or one of them, but pretty sure it was 3) did a special on it where they caught quite a few on camera.I drove in Phoenix traffic for the better part of 10 years, and I wondered why I saw so many sleeping passengers!!

Gonzo
03-15-2009, 12:18 AM
I drove in Phoenix traffic for the better part of 10 years, and I wondered why I saw so many sleeping passengers!!I have found traffic that is officially worse. Not as bad as LA, but here you actually have to pay to sit in it. And there are plenty of dummies, buckled or not (cowboy fans). :chuckle:

Vaark
03-15-2009, 12:25 AM
So a spur-of-the-moment HOV lane BJ's probably not the best idea, eh?

Gonzo
03-15-2009, 12:29 AM
So a spur-of-the-moment HOV lane BJ's probably not the best idea, eh?
Probably not with Gandalf.

playmaker1
03-15-2009, 12:50 AM

:lol:

Vaark
03-15-2009, 01:21 AM

unless you're Tom Brady?

Gonzo
03-15-2009, 01:23 AM
unless you're Tom Brady?Sheesh, whaddid Gandalf ever do to you?

SpurzN703
03-15-2009, 01:24 AM
I've always thought about something along these lines... kinda reminds me of that episode of curb your enthusiasm when Larry picks up a hooker so he can use the HOV lane so he wouldn't be late for the (Red sox?) game.

I love that show...

One of the better episodes of CYE

Perfect23
03-15-2009, 02:32 AM
HAHAHA thats funny and kinda emarrasing.

CedarPhin
03-15-2009, 02:35 AM
One of the better episodes of CYE

Probably my favorite show that's on TV now..other than It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.

SpurzN703
03-15-2009, 10:05 PM
Probably my favorite show that's on TV now..other than It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.

Don't like SinP but CYE is in fact my favorite show.

Oscar rules BTW

Dolfan3773
03-15-2009, 10:43 PM
LOL...wow

BobDole
03-16-2009, 10:29 PM
Don't like SinP but CYE is in fact my favorite show.

Oscar rules BTW

you don't like always sunny? how is that possible? that show couldn't be funnier. the dialogue in that show is phenomenal.

curb is great but it isn't as funny as it used to be. i heard larry david is gonna bring in jerry, george, elaine, and kramer in for an episode soon - which should be interesting to say the least.

1 dol fan
03-17-2009, 01:04 AM
you don't like always sunny? how is that possible? that show couldn't be funnier. the dialogue in that show is phenomenal.

curb is great but it isn't as funny as it used to be. i heard larry david is gonna bring in jerry, george, elaine, and kramer in for an episode soon - which should be interesting to say the least.
I'm down... except IDK how Kramer will be received now that he is considered a racist.

BobDole
03-17-2009, 07:03 PM
I'm down... except IDK how Kramer will be received now that he is considered a racist.

been wondering that same thing.

off to go drinking. have a good st patty's day all. will probably be up at scruffy murphy's after the magic game for you orlando folks if anyone wants to come take a shot. irish car bombs are callin my name. cheers.