PDA

View Full Version : Mark Sanchez a Dolphin?

MexDolfan
03-16-2009, 09:18 AM
I know this may sound unreal, but after reading threads arguing for a Jay Cuttler trade, that was like a hammer strike, because i assumed we were rarely fine at the passer position, but as fans we expect to be even better.
So I was searching for options to upgrade that key position, and that lead me to think about the chances of drafting Mark Sanchez.
I assume two unlikely but somehow possible scenarios for that:

He suffers the same draft fate of Aaron Rodgers & Brady Quinn and slides deep in the draft, and is available at our 25th pick.
We trade up (one possibility here is to work a trade with Denver, swapping first rounds and adding John Beck or Chad Henne).

Assuming first scenario, he's best player available and leave us an impressive chance to trade Sanchez, Henne or Beck and win stability on the position. Other option is to simply to call our starting role as open and have the biggest position battle among those four.

The second is not as cool, but would mean we saw something greater in Sanchez than whoever was Henne or Beck.

Comments, please.

nick1
03-16-2009, 09:23 AM
No!!!! Sanchez isnt even that good and Henne is our guy, no to Cutler and to every other QB we would invest alot in, Pennington is a good QB and will be the guy until Henne becomes a star

capecoralfinfan
03-16-2009, 09:23 AM
absolutely not. we have two starting caliber quarterbacks on our roster.

phinasota
03-16-2009, 09:28 AM
that was the dumbest thing i ever heard...

dolphinswin
03-16-2009, 09:29 AM
wow, i thought every avenue for a thread was used, we have penny and the last 2 years spent a high 2nd on qb's and you think we might grab another with our #1. I dont get it.......i thought i had seen it all..........priceless

finman38
03-16-2009, 09:30 AM
No way we don't need another Project QB.

dolphinswin
03-16-2009, 09:31 AM
that was the dumbest thing i ever heard...

I 2nd that...still lmao

dolphinswin
03-16-2009, 09:33 AM
Are you drinking from the tap in Mx, if so i suggest you stop...........lol

flounder97
03-16-2009, 09:40 AM
If option 1 really happens, then I think we are in a good place to find a trade partner and pick up a few draft picks. No way we take a QB the first day, let alone the first round. I seriously doubt we take anyone for the purpose of playing QB the entire draft.

Phinman84
03-16-2009, 09:41 AM
You must be bored. Never gonna happen.

Phishpunk@WCU
03-16-2009, 09:45 AM
What would most likely happen if Sanchez fell that far...past SF, Denver, NYJ, and TB would be trading the pick to other teams looking to trade ahead of someone else to get him. There is not a chance that we would take the guy in hopes to trade him later.

MexDolfan
03-16-2009, 09:55 AM
Are you drinking from the tap in Mx, if so i suggest you stop...........lol
No I wasn't but i assume that if we don't have a severe hole in the depth chart we could pick best available player.

Oraclepz
03-16-2009, 10:22 AM
well the only thing i would want is to use sanchez (if he slips to 25) as possible bait to have a team trade up to acquire our pick.

phinking
03-16-2009, 10:28 AM
Are you his brother? Agent? Why would the Dolphins with so many other needs go after another QB? I'm sorry to say this,but you either don't know anything about the Dolphins or you are not wrapped too tight.

Wadeshow
03-16-2009, 10:52 AM
The kid has no experience, He played only 1 season in college is only a JR the guy reminds me of Alex Smith I do not want this guy anywhere near the Dolphins.

#1dolphinsfan
03-16-2009, 10:53 AM
hell no there is no way he drop to us anyway

RealDriscoll
03-16-2009, 11:28 AM
Why would the Dolphins draft Mark Sanchez? We have Chad Pennington and Chad Henne, Sanchez will be gone before we select, and the front office loves Henne for the future. I am sorry but I don't understand why this is even a thread my man

3rdandinches
03-16-2009, 11:49 AM
No I wasn't but i assume that if we don't have a severe hole in the depth chart we could pick best available player.

You honestly think he'd be the BPA over Davis, Smith, English, Wells, Butler, Nicks, Mathews, Sintim, Johnson, Cushing. I don't!

playmaker1
03-16-2009, 01:55 PM
:lol: