PDA

View Full Version : Universaldraft mock

54dolfan9923
03-16-2009, 09:31 AM
The problem I think with their mock is that they base their mock of what they feel the prospect brings; not the way the draft will go.

I think they have excellent analysis and are on the ball but Matthew Stafford will not slide to 18. Malcom Jenkins will not slide to 32. I agree they both may be busts, but they will not slide this far.

ckparrothead
03-16-2009, 10:55 AM
Everyone has their own thoughts on how things will shake out. We still have a long way to go to draft day, a lot can happen. I will hopefully be able to put up my own Mock Draft today.

JC
03-16-2009, 10:58 AM
But you can't deny that they put in extensive time reviewing and grading prospects on their personalities and abilities. I used the site to make my mock draft.

ADavieDolphin
03-16-2009, 01:57 PM
its a well detailed site...
the mocks are uncommon, but come on, anything can happen..

Merling was Mike Mayocks 8th best player. He went 32. People slip and slide all over..

i beleive stafford will take a big slide, but jenkins will be picked up by us at the very least at 25 if he's available.. but he could slide into the twenties, but no way us/ravens/titans/vikings/pats pass that man up. He's still the no.1 cb..

thejetssuck
03-16-2009, 04:53 PM
Everyone has their own thoughts on how things will shake out. We still have a long way to go to draft day, a lot can happen. I will hopefully be able to put up my own Mock Draft today.

That would make a lot of people's day.:woot:

BTW, do you know what time the draft starts this year? I have seen 3 pm and another site that says 4 pm.

54dolfan9923
03-16-2009, 06:18 PM
I heard it starts at 4.

But also I did say they have excellent work, but part of a mock is picking how a team thinks. I personally think Orakpo is a weightroom warrior but in their mock he is picked above Curry IMO the best football player.

ckparrothead
03-16-2009, 06:35 PM
There is position value to be concerned with as well. As we go on, Curry is being considered much less a pass rusher and much more a straight up play making linebacker, either a 4-3 linebacker or a 3-4 ILB. Pass rushers are generally considered to be worth more than straight up linebackers.

With Orakpo though, I have to echo concerns raised by Mike Lombardi of National Football Post in that he's a one-trick pony and what happens if, not unlike Vernon Gholston, that one trick turns out to not be a very good trick?

Buff
03-16-2009, 07:26 PM
What date does FA signings stop? Is there a cut off date or does it continue past the draft date?

ckparrothead
03-16-2009, 07:59 PM
FA signings can continue throughout the year. But players that are signed through 2009 won't become free agents until the end of February, 2010.

RealDriscoll
03-16-2009, 08:07 PM
CK you made that Ted Ginn Jr Pick your ***** in 2007

RealDriscoll
03-16-2009, 08:08 PM
I think the Dolphins are watching Hakeem Nicks, Larry English, Sean Smith, Darius Butler, Clay Matthews Jr., Connor Barwin, and Rey Maualuga very closely. I think of these guys will be our guys come April 25

ckparrothead
03-16-2009, 08:12 PM
In both cases 2006 with Jason Allen and 2007 with Ted Ginn Jr., I had Miami taking them in my mocks just before my eleventh hour final mocks.

But in 2008, you know, we found out about Jake Long a long time before the pick and I'm not sure any of us really foresaw Phil Merling lasting to pick #32 so we didn't pay much attention to him.

If history is any indicator, whoever I put in my mock next will be it, and then I'll change it a week before the draft, and I'll be wrong. ;)