PDA

View Full Version : Dolphins Work Out Conner Barwin

BlueFin
03-16-2009, 05:56 PM
Paul Pasqualoni personally worked out DE/LB Conner Barwin of Cinncinati this morning and apparently had a very nice workout according to Barwin.

He could be a 2nd round target allowing the Dolphins to draft another position in the 1st.

ticophin
03-16-2009, 08:17 PM
Leaving the Dolphins with Peria Jerry, Hakeem Nicks, Brian Cushing, or Alphonso Smith @25?

FinAtic8480
03-16-2009, 08:19 PM
Mayock has him coming to us.

utahphinsfan
03-16-2009, 09:46 PM
This acquisition would not disappoint me.

RonBrown
03-16-2009, 10:15 PM
He is a good kid, I see him fitting in with our philosophy quite well. I wouldn't be upset with him in the 2nd.

Dolfan1000
03-16-2009, 11:10 PM
The team must hold him in pretty high regard to have our DC personally work him out. I have a feeling he will be drafted by NE earlier than people expect. He could replace Mike Vrabel as both an OLB and a TE in the red zone.

Smith21
03-17-2009, 02:26 AM
The team must hold him in pretty high regard to have our DC personally work him out. I have a feeling he will be drafted by NE earlier than people expect. He could replace Mike Vrabel as both an OLB and a TE in the red zone.
no if they get peppers..

Digital
03-17-2009, 03:05 AM
This kid is very athletic, I just wonder if he can translate that athleticism into instinctive playmaking. If he can, the sky is the limit.

Elliott 1
03-17-2009, 03:24 AM
This kid is very athletic, I just wonder if he can translate that athleticism into instinctive playmaking. If he can, the sky is the limit.

He is already known for his extraordinary instincts, extreme toughness, and IQ.

The last scouting report I looked at on universal something said he lacked elite speed. What a joke; he runs consistently in the 4.5's and had drill numbers like a safety.

The fact is, he doesn't have any weakness's. All he lacks is experience.

He should go in the top 20. If he is there in the 2nd round I would be elated.

DcRy82
03-17-2009, 11:42 AM
Leaving the Dolphins with Peria Jerry, Hakeem Nicks, Brian Cushing, or Alphonso Smith @25?

No offense, but why would we consider Brian Cushing in the first if we were going to select Barwin in the second? Miami could go LB for one or the other, not both. even if one played inside and one played outside, i dont see us pickin up two LBs in the first two picks. I would def like Nicks in the first tho. I dont know if this has been said already, but i was trying to think of who he plays like and i honestly think he plays like Boldin but he's faster. Boldin's hands are slightly better i believe, but the run after the catch abilities are very similar.

Valandui
03-17-2009, 11:46 AM
No offense, but why would we consider Brian Cushing in the first if we were going to select Barwin in the second? Miami could go LB for one or the other, not both. even if one played inside and one played outside, i dont see us pickin up two LBs in the first two picks. I would def like Nicks in the first tho. I dont know if this has been said already, but i was trying to think of who he plays like and i honestly think he plays like Boldin but he's faster. Boldin's hands are slightly better i believe, but the run after the catch abilities are very similar.
Cushing would most likely play ILB for us. I believe this is where Matthews would probably end up as well.

skipp2myloo13
03-17-2009, 03:52 PM

Jerry is a DT, we dont play a 4-3
Cushings wont make it out of the top 15
Smith is a shorter, not as good version of Butler
Nicks is an ok pick

uga3406
03-17-2009, 04:50 PM
This acquisition would not disappoint me.

I am the opposite of you..I want no part of him..:rolleyes2:

finfan54
03-17-2009, 07:15 PM
16 tackles for loss and 11 sacks only playing the position for that year! What does that tell you? He played TE the other three years. What does that tell you? It tells you he is a football player!

Quadfather
03-17-2009, 08:38 PM

Perria Jerry doesnt fit in the 3-4, Cushing will be gone, and Alphonso Smith has a second round grade. Were looking at someone like Vontae Davis or Hakeem Nicks.

dougfinsfan72
03-18-2009, 07:50 AM
UGA3406: Do you have a better picture of Britt? Maybe one where he is catching the ball with his hands instead of his biceps??

fishypete
03-18-2009, 12:38 PM
Either the Dolphins select Barwin with the 25th pick or they don't have any chance to get him. N.E. has the 34th pick. Barwin has the look to be the best OLB in this draft...over time...and with Parcells...he has all the right stuff...size, speed and agility!

Right now I have the Dolphins selecting this way;

1st round...C. Barwin

2nd round A...Sean Smith

2nd round B...H. Johnson

BlueFin
03-18-2009, 01:39 PM
I might add also, he sounded pretty intelligent in his interview.

FinAtic8480
03-18-2009, 02:21 PM
Guys while Barwin sounds like an excellent pick at 25 I will continue firmly to believe our guy
is Clay Matthews if he is passed on by NE. I was told by a fellow Finatic and great source who knows Matthews that before he even check in at his hotel at the combine Parcells was the first to approach him and talk to him. The phins really really like this kid.

miamiron
03-18-2009, 02:58 PM
Either the Dolphins select Barwin with the 25th pick or they don't have any chance to get him. N.E. has the 34th pick. Barwin has the look to be the best OLB in this draft...over time...and with Parcells...he has all the right stuff...size, speed and agility!

Right now I have the Dolphins selecting this way;

1st round...C. Barwin

2nd round A...Sean Smith

2nd round B...H. Johnson

New England also has pick number 23 in the first round
which they could use on Barwin

fishypete
03-18-2009, 07:40 PM
New England also has pick number 23 in the first round
which they could use on Barwin

True...but I doubt they would select him that high...in fact I see them go after a tackle...which is a far more important need for them. Don't be surprised if they package up a deal to move up.

Final thought....don't be surprise to see the Dolphins move down to 29...so that the Giants can pick a receiver.