PDA

View Full Version : vinyl anyone else a collector?

finataxia24
03-17-2009, 02:26 AM
it is a work in progress keep in mind
I have Ray Charles
Johnny Cash
Beastie Boys Pauls B.
Kayne West 808 & heartbreak
my morning jacket Z & acoustic citsuoca
Ramones
Bob Dylan modern times ( u know he is coming out with a new album in (april)
the killers
ohio players
The Bryds
ballads of easy rider
dark knight ep
funkadelic lets take it to the stage
Ben Harper FIGHT FOR YOUR MIND

d-day
03-17-2009, 02:34 AM
I have Ray Charles
Johnny Cash
Beastie Boys Pauls B.
Ramones
the killers
ohio players
The Bryds
ballads of easy rider
dark knight ep

i have at least 1,000 - some of the collectibles i have are: 2 copies of the rolling stones some girls lp's both with all the original images

The album cover for Some Girls was designed by Peter Corriston, who would design the next three album covers as well. An elaborate die-cut design, with colors varying on different sleeves, it featured The Rolling Stones and select female celebrities in garish drag, as well as a bunch of lingerie ads. The cover immediately ran into trouble when Lucille Ball, Farrah Fawcett, Raquel Welch, and the estates of Judy Garland and Marilyn Monroe threatened legal action. It was withdrawn and women's likenesses removed.

also have the first 2 kiss alive albums with the original booklets - the 2nd one had actual kiss tattoos which are still in the lp - and the 4 solo albums with all the posters still in it - too many more to list...

d-day
03-17-2009, 02:36 AM
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2009/03/SomeGirls78-1.jpg

after the threat of a lawsuit, most of the stars faces were removed and replaced

Blackocrates
03-17-2009, 03:06 AM
I've thought about it because I love the superior sound but I don't think I can afford another hobby. Maybe in the future.

ryanosaur2000
03-18-2009, 07:51 PM
I love vinyl myself. I have a fairly large collection which I play on an old "3 in 1" I picked up in my local record store. Such a natural sound from vinyl that will never be surpassed.

GoonBoss
03-18-2009, 08:00 PM
i have at least 1,000 - some of the collectibles i have are: 2 copies of the rolling stones some girls lp's both with all the original images

also have the first 2 kiss alive albums with the original booklets - the 2nd one had actual kiss tattoos which are still in the lp - and the 4 solo albums with all the posters still in it - too many more to list...

It's Sloe Gin time again/you know it's the only thing/That keeps us together

:lol:

I learned how to play bass from Kiss Alive.

foycore79
03-18-2009, 08:53 PM
I have Ray Charles
Johnny Cash
Beastie Boys Pauls B.
Ramones
the killers
ohio players
The Bryds
ballads of easy rider
dark knight ep

Cool I have beastie boys polly wog stew 7" on rat cage I collect myself but only hard to find hardcore/punk stuff

BLITZKRIEG
03-19-2009, 05:17 PM
I've been a collector of Iron Maiden Imports since 1982, so I have a bunch of their stuff on vinyl, most of it quite rare. I also have a bunch of LP's from the 70's that my brother gave me years back, and I still have tucked away. They mostly consist of bands like Kansas / Yes / Pink Floyd / Deep Purple / Peter Gabriel / Genesis / Fleetwood Mac / The Eagles / Jimi Hendricks / Jethro Tull / ect...

I also have a rare Rush LP. It's the Rush "Archives 3-LP", which contains {RUSH / Fly By Night / Caress Of Steel}. It's sealed / autographed, {3 signatures are under the seal}, and it's in mint condition. Very nice...

I don't listen to them much anymore, but every once in awhile I'll break out my imports. They still sound incredible....

IN TUNA WE TRUST...