PDA

View Full Version : 'Witch Mountain' Races to Top of Box Office

BAMAPHIN 22
03-17-2009, 07:06 PM
Disney's "Race to Witch Mountain" raced to No. 1 at the weekend box office, bypassing expectations with $25 million in ticket sales.

The PG-rated sci-fi flick starring Dwayne Johnson as a cab driver with a pair of alien teenagers along for the ride topped the R-rated superhero epic "Watchmen," which earned $18.1 million in its second week.

http://www.blackamericaweb.com/?q=articles/entertainment/movies/7694

SpurzN703
03-17-2009, 07:19 PM
Not b/c of me it didn't

playmaker1
03-18-2009, 04:45 PM
Rocky, sorry buddy, but this was just a poor decision of a movie to do. I know were in a recession and all, but I'm sure you could have afforded to turn this roll down.

I don't plan on watching this... ever....

GoonBoss
03-18-2009, 06:34 PM
Look...He's a former wrestler, and, a very successful one that got out of the ring while there was still time and has made a good go of it. Sure...YOU may not want to watch the movie..But SOMEONE did. He's a better actor right now than many in Hollywood, and, he's making a good living...It's not like he's going to go all Sheakspearian on us like Keanu.

Like it or not, he's got the #1 movie right now. That's pretty good.

SpaceMountain16
03-19-2009, 12:48 PM
I didn't see it, but i bet this movie is decent. Like it or not The Rock is a very talented actor, and Disney makes usually very solid movies. It's a good mix.

SpurzN703
03-19-2009, 12:54 PM
Look...He's a former wrestler, and, a very successful one that got out of the ring while there was still time and has made a good go of it. Sure...YOU may not want to watch the movie..But SOMEONE did. He's a better actor right now than many in Hollywood, and, he's making a good living...It's not like he's going to go all Sheakspearian on us like Keanu.

Like it or not, he's got the #1 movie right now. That's pretty good.

True. I respect the fella for making a good living

GoonBoss
03-20-2009, 01:35 PM
True. I respect the fella for making a good living

Sorry..I got sensitive there for a second. :crazy:

72champagne
07-31-2009, 06:44 AM
it was bearable enough for me to finish but cheesy & predictable.