PDA

View Full Version : High Schoolers Unknowingly Taking Steroids

BAMAPHIN 22
03-18-2009, 02:52 PM
Roughly 580,000 high school students used steroids in 2007, according to a Centers for Disease Control and Prevention survey.

Many of them were athletes.

They're ingesting what they think are perfectly legal supplements. Instead, says one expert interviewed by Cobiella, the pills are really steroids masquerading as supplements.

The expert adds, "I want parents to know that these are highly dangerous anabolic drugs. ... They make you big and strong, but underneath, they cause all kinds of problems."

Cobiella pointed out that certain words buried in the fine print of such substances could tip off potential purchasers to their actual contents.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/03/18/earlyshow/health/main4874182.shtml?tag=topHome;topStories

PassRush
03-18-2009, 04:17 PM
Hmm. I would not be suprised, a jug of whey protien is one thing, but I walk into the GNC on base, and I see all kinds of questionable things. For example, N.O. Explode; I dont know if Nitrus Oxide belongs in my body, and if it does, I am sure my body gets enough on its own. It does not seem like something you want to pump into your body. Of coarse, it is the most popular and most effective(or so im told) suplement available. I spend two hours a day in the gym, five or six days a week, and I get awesome results on hard work and a healthy diet. I see people in the locker room downing shake after shake, pill after pill, and it just does not seem healthy. There are no safe short cuts. If you want to get big, get big, but do it right.

SpurzN703
03-18-2009, 04:30 PM
Only thing I put in my body is water when it comes to exercise. Sometimes that isn't even safe but it's better then all the other trash out there

1 dol fan
03-18-2009, 09:28 PM
That stuff is messed up...

Creatine is the closest i will ever come to steroids... and I'm not even sure if I will take that much longer!

eger
03-19-2009, 11:11 AM
The kids know exactly what they are taking. They don't know the dangers of this drug, it's actually one of the most powerful steroids you can buy. What normally takes 6 weeks to achieve you can gain in 2 weeks. Superdrol, Mass Tabs, PheraPlex.. They change the molecular structure of the supplement everytime it's banned by the Gov and then it takes the Gov another 6 mo. to ban it again. They sell this stuff at the gym.. It is a methylated steroid, I've taken it before. Standard protocol is 2 weeks, you gain about 12 pounds in 2 weeks of taking it and the strength gains are rediculous. It's harsh on your liver, Blood Preessure, Kidneys, and Cholesterol. There's a reason why you should only take it for 2 weeks. I shut down my normal test production in 2 weeks on it.

acmeanvil49
03-21-2009, 03:14 AM
Side effects: stunts your growth, shrinks your gonads......doesn't sound worth it to me.

A ripped midget with baby nuts, I bet that gets the ladies lining up at your door.