PDA

View Full Version : Hakeem Nicks has bad Pro Day

ADavieDolphin
03-18-2009, 10:46 PM
North Carolina

Ten receiver coaches from around the league showed up in Chapel Hill to watch the workout of Hakeem Nicks and they are likely to leave very disappointed.

Sources have told us Nicks weighed in at 226-pounds, looking overweight and out of condition. By contrast Nicks was 212-pounds at the combine. He looked poor running agility drills and injured his hamstring.

http://www.tfydraft.com/news.php?newsID=526 (http://www.tfydraft.com/news.php?newsID=526)

does not sound good, gaining 14 lbs, all out of shape...

This makes me back off his 1st round stock, and increase his 2nd round stock

TonySporanoTuna
03-18-2009, 10:59 PM
This makes me say HELL NO!

DefensiveEnd76
03-18-2009, 11:16 PM
That always throws up huge red flags when a guy can't even keep in shape for his Pro Day. Is he really that stupid that he gains 14 fricken pounds before his Pro Day??!!!

#1dolphinsfan
03-18-2009, 11:16 PM
hopefully this will drop him to us in the second round

markman04
03-18-2009, 11:23 PM
hopefully this will drop him to us in the second round

hell yeah, this reminds me of when Anquon Boldin ran a 4.71.

2nd round please

BobDole
03-19-2009, 12:10 AM
sounds like the drop i predicted might be happening.

CedarPhin
03-19-2009, 12:13 AM
Maybe he now drops like a rock. That'd be good for us.

WelcomeBack
03-19-2009, 12:57 AM
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2009/03/2870991-1.jpeg

This is a picture of Hakeem Nicks from the pro day. Doesn't look out of shape and 226 lbs. to me.

http://tarheelblue.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/031709aaa.html

SR 7
03-19-2009, 01:31 AM
ive checked sites n i dont see anything on him being overweight.

WelcomeBack
03-19-2009, 01:34 AM
ive checked sites n i dont see anything on him being overweight.

I've seen two sites that contradict the initial report.

I've also read nothing about an injury. Apparently he stood on his combine 40 Time and focused on other things today.

Here's a quote from Nicks himself.

"I felt good about it today," said Nicks, who had 68 catches for 1,222 yards and 12 touchdowns as a junior last year. "I think I did what I needed to do. I just told the quarterbacks to throw it and I would catch it. It didn't matter where it was, I will catch it."

Roman529
03-19-2009, 01:56 AM
Now we can scoop him up in the 2nd round.

lbmclean_sj
03-19-2009, 02:26 AM
maybe somebody is trying to ruin his stock

Wall street has so many lessons for us

Cwhid
03-19-2009, 02:27 AM
I don't know why everyone is so high on Nicks. He has great hands and is big, but he lacks the speed and quickness to separate from DBs at the NFL level. He reminds me of Micheal Clayton on the Bucs. Don't remember him?...not surprising, he had 1 good season and then teams learned how to stop him.

He will make a good red zone target, but will be ineffective until the offense gets inside the 20. He could however make a good complement to Ginn, but I think we can find someone in the later rounds for less $$ that may take a little time to develop, which would allow us to address CB or OLB or NT. Nicks is NFL game ready, but he doesn't possess the skills to dominate like a 1st rd pick WR should. Picking Nicks at 25 is overvaluing him IMHO.

ADavieDolphin
03-19-2009, 03:26 AM
yeah i looked at other sites that didn't report the same things..

i dunno, maybe this is a shifty report..
I just posted hoping someone knew more about it..
give CK 2 days, he'll figure it out he's all about Nicks, me too.
Praying he's there at 2a.

thejetssuck
03-19-2009, 04:03 AM
I don't know why everyone is so high on Nicks. He has great hands and is big, but he lacks the speed and quickness to separate from DBs at the NFL level. He reminds me of Micheal Clayton on the Bucs. Don't remember him?...not surprising, he had 1 good season and then teams learned how to stop him.

He will make a good red zone target, but will be ineffective until the offense gets inside the 20. He could however make a good complement to Ginn, but I think we can find someone in the later rounds for less $$ that may take a little time to develop, which would allow us to address CB or OLB or NT. Nicks is NFL game ready, but he doesn't possess the skills to dominate like a 1st rd pick WR should. Picking Nicks at 25 is overvaluing him IMHO.

THIS is why I am SOOOOOOO ****ing high on the beast known as Hakeem Nicks!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_aMQ...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWakmo3_m2s

Barring catastrophic injury, he WILL be a star in the nfl!! Mark my words!

FINMAN13
03-19-2009, 04:48 AM
maybe somebody is trying to ruin his stock

Wall street has so many lessons for us

That would never happen in the NFL...:rolleyes2:

There are lines that will not be crossed. The only reason some players get contracts signed 30 minutes into the start of free agency is b/c their agents all have Hi-Tech Super Fast Fax Machines. Man if you even get a sheet of paper close to it...BOOM it's gone halfway across the US. It has an automatic multiple dial. If you hit any number, it will fax to all owners & gm's within 3 seconds.

...or

You nailed it. (Winner...winner...chicken dinner!!!)

I still do not want him with the 25th pick. I would like V. Davis, but chances are BOTH WILL BE GONE...:chuckle:

If V. Davis makes it to 20...I would not be angry if...Miami trades up to get him. I think M. Jenkins, V. Davis & V. Harris all will be great DB's in the pros.

Maybe the Lions would take the #25 and a player we already cut...lol...for the pick. After all they are the Lions.:rimshot:

finfan54
03-19-2009, 10:00 PM
Its real easy here, if there is any hint of this being true, BP wont touch him.

foycore79
03-19-2009, 10:30 PM
Who really gives a **** how these guys do on their pro-days and combines it's what they do on the field that counts christ there were countless number of players who did well at these only to come into the nfl and suck it's just a gimmick.

Dolfan3773
03-19-2009, 10:33 PM
i wish he would drop to use in the 2nd round

ADavieDolphin
03-20-2009, 01:05 AM
Who really gives a **** how these guys do on their pro-days and combines it's what they do on the field that counts christ there were countless number of players who did well at these only to come into the nfl and suck it's just a gimmick.

so i guess you think Andre Smith is still a top 3 player? Based on film he might be.

RealDriscoll
03-20-2009, 08:57 AM
Nicks was not out of shape at his Pro-Day

bigchub22
03-20-2009, 09:56 PM
To those that think he is slow he sure looks like he is the classic example of "plays fast" cause he looks fast and quick on film to me

thejetssuck
03-20-2009, 10:22 PM
Please for the love of God draft the stud muffin known as Hakeem Nicks!

Charlie Brown
03-21-2009, 12:16 AM
Nicks was not out of shape at his Pro-Day

ok.....?

That comment is pointless without a link

WelcomeBack
03-21-2009, 01:41 AM
Really, it would've been EVERYWHERE if Hakeem Nicks had a bad pro day. This is one site. The UNC site has nothing about him being out of shape. Nothing about an injury. He seemed just fine.

dolphinsbshaw72
03-21-2009, 01:49 PM
nicks,bay, i would be happy with either one.. i do hope they go wr in the first to picks.. but if not thats cool as well.. the front office has my support.. think we are starting to finally get this thing turned around.. go fins

dougfinsfan72
03-21-2009, 07:13 PM
I've seen two sites that contradict the initial report.

I've also read nothing about an injury. Apparently he stood on his combine 40 Time and focused on other things today.

Here's a quote from Nicks himself.
NFL.com is reporting that he put on about 16 pounds since the combine. He hurt his hamstring at the combine which limited his workout which in turn caused him to gain the weight.

He was not injured at the Pro Day, however, he only completed 2/3 of his scheduled Pro Day workout because he was cramping up and they stopped him from performing the rest of the workout.

From the video that I posted from the NC Pro Day he did not look smooth or quick. It almost looked like he was going 1/2 speed. It could have been because of the extra weight, the cramping, and the fact that the hamstring isn't fully healed.

Any of those reasons might cause him to drop given that his speed is already somewhat questionable!!

Nublar7
03-21-2009, 07:26 PM
Maybe he now drops like a rock. That'd be good for us.
That would be great for us. He is likely a 1st round prospect, but if this pro day can make him fall to #44 in the second round, he would really be worth it.