PDA

View Full Version : Merged: Dolphins on the clock

phinfanNY08
03-22-2009, 11:18 AM
On ESPN Sportscenter this morning...not sure on when it will be on, but its the roundtable discussion with Kiper and co

crazyfin
03-22-2009, 11:19 AM
Thanks i will check it out!!!!

Adam First
03-22-2009, 11:22 AM
Yeah, lets see what that shooting fish in a barrel gasbag Kiper has to say.

phinfanNY08
03-22-2009, 11:22 AM
its on right now :up:

phinfanNY08
03-22-2009, 11:26 AM
sooooo kiper is saying either CB or WR....way to go Mel. Way to be decisive. The way he was talking we should take a QB??? im lost :confused:

Adam First
03-22-2009, 11:27 AM
Of course Kiper continues to have this mancrush on Matty Ice

Why does he still have a job

X-Pacolypse
03-22-2009, 11:33 AM
I appreciate the heads up, but that was a waste of time. Very informative, Mel. Ugh.

Keller's Rod
03-22-2009, 11:44 AM
I am sorry but Mel is a douch bag!

Ikema
03-22-2009, 11:51 AM
X, thanks for the link man! I'll check out what "Eddie" munster has to say.

Edit: LOL, Nevermind. Luv Ronnie thou

godolphins1985
03-22-2009, 12:47 PM
Of course Kiper continues to have this mancrush on Matty Ice

Why does he still have a job

Kiper is an idiot, also for Matty Ice i find it funny that (in a unrelated observation) Matty Ice has a better QB Stats then Chad Penn. in Madden 09. Poor Chad cant even be better than a rookie in a video game never mind beat out the hard ons the sports writers had for Brett Favre and his "AMAZING" pro bowl run HA!

SammySmif
03-22-2009, 01:28 PM
I am so used to you bashing dolphins QBs that I am shocked you actually did not for once.

godolphins1985
03-22-2009, 01:29 PM
I am so used to you bashing dolphins QBs that I am shocked you actually did not for once.

Thats incorrect i only Bash Beck and Beck only so to say i bash dolphins QB's is generalizing statement. Either way you need to calm down.

GoonBoss
03-22-2009, 01:33 PM
Keep it on topic gents.

godolphins1985
03-22-2009, 01:46 PM
You can watch that video here.

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afceast/0-6-92/On-the-Clock--Miami-Dolphins.html

God its sickening to listen to Mel Kiper and how much he loves Matt Ryan, he acts as if he was a god last year, gimme a break.

skipp2myloo13
03-22-2009, 01:53 PM
good find, man he is an idiot. MAtt Ryan is a star, well we have a Pro Bowl LT and a second round Qb, we win in my book.

godolphins1985
03-22-2009, 01:57 PM
good find, man he is an idiot. MAtt Ryan is a star, well we have a Pro Bowl LT and a second round Qb, we win in my book.

I agree, Long so far has proven he is the real deal as a LT(which arnt easy to come by) All Ryan has done was play average in a weak division throwing to a stud wideout. I wanna see how Ryan handles next season before we start dubbing him the next sensation.

X-Pacolypse
03-22-2009, 02:05 PM
You can watch that video here.

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afceast/0-6-92/On-the-Clock--Miami-Dolphins.html

God its sickening to listen to Mel Kiper and how much he loves Matt Ryan, he acts as if he was a god last year, gimme a break.

That's the second time I've seen this. It still bothers me about how Mel says: "Henne had better be great, because Matt Ryan is already established, blah, blah, blah...." Keep in mind, this is the same pompous gasbag that said about Matt Stafford: "Stafford doesn't need to great, or elite as a number one pick. He just has to be good enough to succeed and he'll be fine." Huh? Which way is it, Mel?

This man flip flops more than Congress does, and that's saying something.

godolphins1985
03-22-2009, 02:11 PM
That's the second time I've seen this. It still bothers me about how Mel says: "Henne had better be great, because Matt Ryan is already established, blah, blah, blah...." Keep in mind, this is the same pompous gasbag that said about Matt Stafford: "Stafford doesn't need to great, or elite as a number one pick. He just has to be good enough to succeed and he'll be fine." Huh? Which way is it, Mel?

This man flip flops more than Congress does, and that's saying something.

ya we passed on Matt but picked up a great LT for years to come, so it doesnt matter what matt does as long as he doesnt go on to have a marino career. We made the right pick. No need to waste picks on "alex smith" type players.

CedarPhin
03-22-2009, 03:05 PM
Mel Kiper sucks.

Dogbone34
03-22-2009, 03:26 PM
Why get up tight over Mel. We all want his job, he's paid well to speculate about football and the draft. Face it, we are not the model franchise at the draft. Miami needs to show a few years of solid early round impact starters before we'll get any real draft respect.

I still think Miami did the right thing taking Jake Long. He is an excellent Tackle and team leader. And good for Matt Ryan if he does well, but I would definately enjoy seeing him flop around for the next few seasons.

skipp2myloo13
03-22-2009, 03:55 PM
Why get up tight over Mel. We all want his job, he's paid well to speculate about football and the draft. Face it, we are not the model franchise at the draft. Miami needs to show a few years of solid early round impact starters before we'll get any real draft respect.

I still think Miami did the right thing taking Jake Long. He is an excellent Tackle and team leader. And good for Matt Ryan if he does well, but I would definately enjoy seeing him flop around for the next few seasons.

Wouldnt that make us more mad, if he gets paid, why should he get paid for being an idiot?

Dogbone34
03-22-2009, 05:13 PM
Wouldnt that make us more mad, if he gets paid, why should he get paid for being an idiot?

Because life isn't fair, it's entertainment.

MiamiHitman13
03-22-2009, 08:20 PM
I would love to ask Mel Kiper who would have protected Matt Ryan's blindside if the Phins did draft him instead of drafting Jake Long. Mel Kiper is an idiot. I love how he thinks he can criticize Bill parcell's decision-making even after Miami drafted a Pro Bowl Left Tackle. Absolutely mind boggling!

metalman32060
03-22-2009, 09:29 PM
How can anyone take anything Kiper says serious :rolleyes2:

Charlie Brown
03-22-2009, 09:43 PM
Mel Kiper reminds me of a cartoon character....he looks goofy and he talks way too fast

dadecounty3051
03-23-2009, 01:14 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=mia I dont know about ya'll But Kiper is an Idiot...the only thing I do agree on is the Ginn pick but I dont think its as bad as he puts it.....and picking a franchise LT in my opinion is better than a Franchise QB bc with out a OL there is not QB!

FuturePhin
03-23-2009, 01:38 AM
And we take a punter with our first selection:)

4THand10
03-23-2009, 01:42 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=mia I dont know about ya'll But Kiper is an Idiot...the only thing I do agree on is the Ginn pick but I dont think its as bad as he puts it.....and picking a franchise LT in my opinion is better than a Franchise QB bc with out a OL there is not QB!

And how long has this franchise been searching in the past for a franchise QB?

JCane
03-23-2009, 01:50 AM
Kiper is usually dead on. He was definitely dead on about the Ginn pick. The term "franchise" quarterback is tossed around very loosely. Maybe the "franchise" QB was Brady Quinn. Who really knows. He was right about Ronnie Brown being the guy we needed. And he was right about Jake Long being the guy we needed.

What's he projecting now? I know at one time it was Heyward-Bey.

Smith21
03-23-2009, 03:05 AM
if we knew what matt ryan was before the draft.. we would of taken him..im sure bill parcells just didnt want an alex smith or a joey harrington

Buff
03-23-2009, 07:22 AM
I am not a fan of Kiper. I am a fan of Trent Dilfer as an analyist. Dilfer nailed it pretty well. I still think CB/S/LB and now maybe a centre/guard with the 1st 3 picks.

Kiper still sucks. Loves the sound of his own voice.