PDA

View Full Version : Skipp's Draft and Post Draft Roster

skipp2myloo13
03-22-2009, 11:59 AM
1. WR/UNC Hakeem Nicks
Is receiver the biggest need? Not by any stretch of the imagination. Nicks is a special receiver, he has the size, the speed, and the hands. He is built to complement the speed type receiver that Ginn is. He is the best value at 25, with the way the draft is falling. If guys like Rey Maualuga, Brian Cushings or Vonte Davis were to fall, then they would become my choices. There is no clear cut LB or CB worth taking at this spot, who wont be there at 44. After Nicks there is a bigger drop off in talent than at an other position.

2a. CB/ Utah Sean Smith
Secondary help here is dire. Is Smith an NFL CB, thats the multi million dollar question now isn't it. I prefer his size to that of better athletes like Butler, Moore and A. Smith. He is versatile which is good. Now I don't know if Smith will last this far, but, we need a CB. I like Butler but he will be gone, A. Smith is too small imo, Moore is solid but he is only decent. All of these CB's will be a major reach at 25. We pick one up at 44, hopefully Smith.

2b. OLB/ UCONN Cody Brown
Brown was one of the few bright spots for the Huskies front 7. He did everything by himself and still consistantly disrupted plays. Hi pressure made everyone around him better, including the secondary with first round prospect Butler. He is a good value here, some LB's may fall however, like Robert Ayers, Salsbury, I have even seen a few mocks having Barwin fall (I doubt it). OLB is a good pick up at this juncture.

3. NT/ Hampton Chris Baker
Too early for the problem ridden Baker? Mabey. But a lot of teams are switching to the 3-4 and the NT is the most important position in that D. He played at Hampton, who run the purest form of the 3-4, to us. He has off the field issues, so that may take him out of our board, but NT is an important piece, so if not him, I can see the NT Hill.

4. OG/ Wisconsin Kraig Urbik
A Wisconsin O lineman with good size, a four year starter. He opened up the way for P.J. Hill and led Wisconsin's strong running attack. Good Depth guy.

5. LB/ Florida HOT-lantic Franz Joseph
Big bodied, LB. Small school prospect who would be a ST ace and give great depth all around, good value pick at this juncture.

6. FB/ Cuse Tony Fiammeta
Best FB in the country coming out. Great blocker, great runner, great pass catcher. He is a hard worker. Good H back or FB in our system. ST contributer. Good pick up here.

7a. NT/ Clemson Darrel Scott
Project, depth.

7b. Best OL prospect left.

QB-Penny, Henne, Beck
FB-Fiammameta, Polite
RB-Ronnie, Ricky, Cobbs
WR-Nicks, Ginn, Cam, Bess, London (Wilford inactive)
TE-Fasano, Martin, Haynos
C-Grove, Satele
RG-Brown, Urbik, Indukwe
RT-Carey, Indukwe
LG-Smiley, Berger,
Lt-Long, Burger, Frye

NT-Fergy, Baker, Solia
DE-Langford, Merling, Starks, Wright
OLB-Porter, Brown, Wake, Roth, Anderson
ILB-Crowder, Ayodle, Joseph, Torbor
CB- W. Allen, Sean Smith, J. Allen, Green, Jones/Thomas
FS-Girbil Wilson, Byrant
SS-Bell/ Culver

Please Bash Away!

jim1
03-22-2009, 12:15 PM
I think that it's a solid mock. Chris Baker- 5.03 is hauling for a 326 lb guy. BTW Jarron Gilbert 36 3/4" arms? Yikes. That'll help bat down a pass or two. 3rd rd seems a little high though, especially after the recent trade, assuming as reported the new guy plays NT. It'll be interesting to see who slides to #56- maybe Duke Robinson or Loadholt, maybe we go for a Jarron Gilbert, who knows. I like the idea of taking Nicks in the 1st and getting that problem out of the way, then go D and maybe cherry pick an OL. If Unger slides down there, which I doubt, that would provide an interesting dilemma.

fishypete
03-22-2009, 02:18 PM
Nicks at 25 isn't a reach? I believe so...rather have Britt who runs as good but is larger and didn't pull a hammy like Nicks did at the combine.

We agree with Smith.

Selecting Cody Brown with the 56th pick would be a waste....he's rated appx 100 on many prospect boards and I don't see the value of selecting a player appx 50 positions higher than he should be taken.

We disagree with Baker....even with the need for NT's...many team will be wary of him...he will slide...perhaps not as far as I believe he will but I would be surprised if he's taken before the 5th round.

I doubt that Urbik will last to the 4th round...he's rated late 2nd/3rd round.

skipp2myloo13
03-22-2009, 02:29 PM
Nicks at 25 isn't a reach? I believe so...rather have Britt who runs as good but is larger and didn't pull a hammy like Nicks did at the combine.

We agree with Smith.

Selecting Cody Brown with the 56th pick would be a waste....he's rated appx 100 on many prospect boards and I don't see the value of selecting a player appx 50 positions higher than he should be taken.

We disagree with Baker....even with the need for NT's...many team will be wary of him...he will slide...perhaps not as far as I believe he will but I would be surprised if he's taken before the 5th round.

I doubt that Urbik will last to the 4th round...he's rated late 2nd/3rd round.

Nicks is head and shoulders better than Nicks, I no i watched both, alot.

Roman529
03-22-2009, 02:29 PM
I was reading Pro Football Draft Weekly and I think they had Nicks as around the 5th WR overall on their board. I am not sure why they had him there....I would think he would be 3rd after Crabtree and Maclin. They have some nice highlights and comments about him on this link:

http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2009/2/23/768166/better-know-a-draft-prospe

fishypete
03-22-2009, 02:31 PM

Nicks is better than Nicks....Hmmm...if you say so...LOL.

SamIam
03-22-2009, 02:35 PM
Nicks is better than Nicks....Hmmm...if you say so...LOL.

I think he meant Nicks is better than Britt

fishypete
03-22-2009, 02:36 PM
Nicks;

The first Tar Heel underclassman to declare for the NFL Draft since defensive end Julius Peppers in 2001, Nicks left his mark in the school and Atlantic Coast Conference record books before bolting for the National Football League. He established North Carolina career records for receptions (181), receiving yards (2,840) and touchdown catches (21). He also holds the school single-season records with twelve touchdown receptions and 1,222 yards receiving in 2008, having set the single-season record for catches (74) the previous year.

Britt;

The Big East Conference's elite receiver ended his brilliant three-year career as the league's all-time leading receiver with 3,043 receiving yards in just 34 games. The Associated Press third-team All-American ranked second in the nation with an average of 114.25 receiving yards per game and finished eighth nationally with 87 receptions, an average of 7.25 grabs each contest. Known for his ability to gain yardage after the catch, Britt closed out his career in explosive fashion, registering his 14th 100-yard receiving game vs. North Carolina State in the PapaJohns.com Bowl. That total tied the Big East Conference record that was first set by Larry Fitzgerald of Pittsburgh (2002-03). That record also included a string of five consecutive 100-yard performances during his junior campaign.

I'll take Britt.

Roman529
03-22-2009, 02:43 PM
Nicks;

The first Tar Heel underclassman to declare for the NFL Draft since defensive end Julius Peppers in 2001, Nicks left his mark in the school and Atlantic Coast Conference record books before bolting for the National Football League. He established North Carolina career records for receptions (181), receiving yards (2,840) and touchdown catches (21). He also holds the school single-season records with twelve touchdown receptions and 1,222 yards receiving in 2008, having set the single-season record for catches (74) the previous year.

Britt;

The Big East Conference's elite receiver ended his brilliant three-year career as the league's all-time leading receiver with 3,043 receiving yards in just 34 games. The Associated Press third-team All-American ranked second in the nation with an average of 114.25 receiving yards per game and finished eighth nationally with 87 receptions, an average of 7.25 grabs each contest. Known for his ability to gain yardage after the catch, Britt closed out his career in explosive fashion, registering his 14th 100-yard receiving game vs. North Carolina State in the PapaJohns.com Bowl. That total tied the Big East Conference record that was first set by Larry Fitzgerald of Pittsburgh (2002-03). That record also included a string of five consecutive 100-yard performances during his junior campaign.

I'll take Britt.

Britt plays against Big East teams.....Nicks plays against ACC teams....gotta say Nicks goes against better competition. I think Parcells will probably pass on a WR in round 1, and go with either a CB, or a LB first....maybe a Darius Butler or Clay Matthews. Britt should still be there with our 2a pick. If not, then we take a chance on Ramses Barden in the 4th round. :up:

lbmclean_sj
03-22-2009, 03:11 PM
nice draft IF those guys are there

Sean Smith and Joseph will be gone before those picks

3rdandinches
03-22-2009, 03:20 PM
1. WR/UNC Hakeem Nicks
Is receiver the biggest need? Not by any stretch of the imagination. Nicks is a special receiver, he has the size, the speed, and the hands. He is built to complement the speed type receiver that Ginn is. He is the best value at 25, with the way the draft is falling. If guys like Rey Maualuga, Brian Cushings or Vonte Davis were to fall, then they would become my choices. There is no clear cut LB or CB worth taking at this spot, who wont be there at 44. After Nicks there is a bigger drop off in talent than at an other position.

2a. CB/ Utah Sean Smith
Secondary help here is dire. Is Smith an NFL CB, thats the multi million dollar question now isn't it. I prefer his size to that of better athletes like Butler, Moore and A. Smith. He is versatile which is good. Now I don't know if Smith will last this far, but, we need a CB. I like Butler but he will be gone, A. Smith is too small imo, Moore is solid but he is only decent. All of these CB's will be a major reach at 25. We pick one up at 44, hopefully Smith.

2b. OLB/ UCONN Cody Brown
Brown was one of the few bright spots for the Huskies front 7. He did everything by himself and still consistantly disrupted plays. Hi pressure made everyone around him better, including the secondary with first round prospect Butler. He is a good value here, some LB's may fall however, like Robert Ayers, Salsbury, I have even seen a few mocks having Barwin fall (I doubt it). OLB is a good pick up at this juncture.

3. NT/ Hampton Chris Baker
Too early for the problem ridden Baker? Mabey. But a lot of teams are switching to the 3-4 and the NT is the most important position in that D. He played at Hampton, who run the purest form of the 3-4, to us. He has off the field issues, so that may take him out of our board, but NT is an important piece, so if not him, I can see the NT Hill.

4. OG/ Wisconsin Kraig Urbik
A Wisconsin O lineman with good size, a four year starter. He opened up the way for P.J. Hill and led Wisconsin's strong running attack. Good Depth guy.

5. LB/ Florida HOT-lantic Franz Joseph
Big bodied, LB. Small school prospect who would be a ST ace and give great depth all around, good value pick at this juncture.

6. FB/ Cuse Tony Fiammeta
Best FB in the country coming out. Great blocker, great runner, great pass catcher. He is a hard worker. Good H back or FB in our system. ST contributer. Good pick up here.

7a. NT/ Clemson Darrel Scott
Project, depth.

7b. Best OL prospect left.

QB-Penny, Henne, Beck
FB-Fiammameta, Polite
RB-Ronnie, Ricky, Cobbs
WR-Nicks, Ginn, Cam, Bess, London (Wilford inactive)
TE-Fasano, Martin, Haynos
C-Grove, Satele
RG-Brown, Urbik, Indukwe
RT-Carey, Indukwe
LG-Smiley, Berger,
Lt-Long, Burger, Frye

NT-Fergy, Baker, Solia
DE-Langford, Merling, Starks, Wright
OLB-Porter, Brown, Wake, Roth, Anderson
ILB-Crowder, Ayodle, Joseph, Torbor
CB- W. Allen, Sean Smith, J. Allen, Green, Jones/Thomas
FS-Girbil Wilson, Byrant
SS-Bell/ Culver

Please Bash Away!

We don't have a 6th round pick so one of your guys have got to go. I like the draft, I wonder if Urbik is still there in the late part of the 4th. I think ILB is more important then a backup guard so I'd take Joesph in the 4th as he'll be pushing Akin for a starters spot.

Nice job.

lbmclean_sj
03-22-2009, 03:27 PM
2a. CB/ Utah Sean Smith

Why is that>
back up saftey is important but not with the first pick
Barwin is a good pick, but there are q's whether he stays there
Robiske is not a good receiver, no better than London is for us. If you watched the games of him, instead of the combine you would know that.
D Line depth is important but Y another back up end this early, bad pick.
WE get no CB, impact WR or NT with those picks, thats a bad draft IMO.

he went from backup safety to the CB we need huh?

how convenient for your mock

skipp2myloo13
03-22-2009, 03:33 PM
he went from backup safety to the CB we need huh?

how convenient for your mock

Ya i have been watching a lot of film on him, and combine stuff. I missed on his flexability and hip action. He would have been a starting FS, but we have Gabril. But now i see him more as a CB, and he would be a great pick up there. You were right, i was wrong.

SamIam
03-22-2009, 03:58 PM
I love your draft Skippy... If I can just change the third pick with Herman Johnson, that would be a killer draft.

Nappy Roots
03-22-2009, 04:04 PM

this makes absolutely 0 sense what so ever. so because someone pulled a hammy while running a 40 yard dash on a track, you wouldnt take the much better WR?

:crazy:

WelcomeBack
03-22-2009, 04:11 PM
this makes absolutely 0 sense what so ever. so because someone pulled a hammy while running a 40 yard dash on a track, you wouldnt take the much better WR?

That's what some people used against Rey Maualuga.

If I remember one quote correctly, it said..."If he tears a hamstring running a 40 yard dash, imagine what will happen in a full game."

It's kind of a silly assessment. Even though Nicks pulled the hammy when coming up on an in route at the combine. It's still silly to claim something wrong with a guy because of one incident at the combine.

MiamiHitman13
03-22-2009, 08:26 PM
I would be disappointed if we took Nicks at #25. If we got him with a 2nd round pick, i'd feel better about it. This is a deep draft for receivers, so we can pick up a quality WR with a later pick. Our first pick should be a cornerback or a pass rusher.

skipp2myloo13
03-22-2009, 08:34 PM
I would be disappointed if we took Nicks at #25. If we got him with a 2nd round pick, i'd feel better about it. This is a deep draft for receivers, so we can pick up a quality WR with a later pick. Our first pick should be a cornerback or a pass rusher.

You obviously have not researched these prospects enough if you think its a deep draft for WR. Crab, Maclin will be gone. DHB and Harvin are not our type of receiver. Nicks and Britt are the only real options where we pick, and Nicks is head and shoulders better than Britt, trust me i watched them both extensivley. Britt is good, but played in the Big East. Nicks was great and played in the ACC. He is big, fast, runs great routes and has best hands in the draft. Robiske is a 3-4 th receiver on our team, and is nothing above average. Murphy is also trash. Tate is a late round flyer, and Barden is only a prospect. Nicks is a number 1 receiver form his first day on the team. Please i beg you do our research so that you can educate yourself.

hooshoops
03-22-2009, 08:37 PM
and he finally sees the value of nicks at #25. lol

kenny britt is a first round talent but he lets the ball get into his body too much for my liking to take him over nicks. nicks has the best hands of any top level wr not named michael crabtree in this draft.

for me right now pick #25 is between nicks and larry english. i think we'd get a heck of a talent either way.

and while connor barwin has as much upside as any olb prospect pretty much in this draft he doesn't seem as polished a pass rusher as larry english. i think he has a harder time shedding blockers but he may develop into the long term better pro olb given time. he closes on the ball in a hurry but i don't see the same explosiveness off the snap and the ability to gain the corner that i do with english. i think i'd still stick with english if given the choice of the 2.

skipp2myloo13
03-22-2009, 08:45 PM
and he finally sees the value of nicks at #25. lol

nicks has the best hands of any top level wr not named michael crabtree in this draft.

Haha, the more I watch film, the more I think he is the best talent that will be there at 25. Wr isnt the biggest need, but Nicks is a guy i dont want to pass up. I think that Crabtree is the best pass catcher, but Nicks has the best hands in the draft. IDK if that makes any sense, its hard to portray what i mean, but that the vibe I get from their film. Crabtree is a ball hawking pass catcher, like Fitz in a sense, but Nicks has hands of glue, is a natural route runner and strait gets open.

hooshoops
03-22-2009, 08:53 PM
crabtree has the best hands of any wr i've seen come out in quite a while. imo, and some may think i'm crazy saying this, he's the best player in this draft...period.

nicks for me is my 2nd rated wr in the draft. but i think he could very well be gone by the time we're on the clock.

i could see new england going either barwin or english at #23 also. 2 players i think we have high regard for.

MiamiHitman13
03-22-2009, 08:57 PM
You obviously have not researched these prospects enough if you think its a deep draft for WR. Crab, Maclin will be gone. DHB and Harvin are not our type of receiver. Nicks and Britt are the only real options where we pick, and Nicks is head and shoulders better than Britt, trust me i watched them both extensivley. Britt is good, but played in the Big East. Nicks was great and played in the ACC. He is big, fast, runs great routes and has best hands in the draft. Robiske is a 3-4 th receiver on our team, and is nothing above average. Murphy is also trash. Tate is a late round flyer, and Barden is only a prospect. Nicks is a number 1 receiver form his first day on the team. Please i beg you do our research so that you can educate yourself.

My statement stands. I don't want Nicks at #25. We can get better talent and fill a bigger need. And I have done enough research to know that there are a lot of good WR prospects in this draft. Your mancrush of Hakeem Nicks is waaaay outta control. Put an icepack on your crotch and wipe the drool off your chin.

FRB1967
03-22-2009, 09:12 PM
need on OT in there somewhere

fishypete
03-22-2009, 09:48 PM

Who says Nicks is far better than Britt? The stats don't.

CedarPhin
03-22-2009, 11:12 PM
Not a bad draft.

Dolfan4life34
03-22-2009, 11:31 PM
alot of hating on the big east but the corners over there arnt a joke

mroz
03-23-2009, 12:32 AM

I would think that Nicks is not any better then Nicks. They both have good hands and run good routes but have not had the best pre-draft performances.

If I had to take one of the two, I'd take Nicks before Nicks....:hump:

TraderJoe
03-23-2009, 07:08 AM
Just goes to show how opinions vary; i have bigger problem with the two nt's than i do Nicks.

skipp2myloo13
03-23-2009, 05:16 PM
My statement stands. I don't want Nicks at #25. We can get better talent and fill a bigger need. And I have done enough research to know that there are a lot of good WR prospects in this draft. Your mancrush of Hakeem Nicks is waaaay outta control. Put an icepack on your crotch and wipe the drool off your chin.

Haha! your an idiot if you think thats the case. I am as anti receiver as they get. It is never a need IMO, and are just bonuses. But Nicks is special, he has everything that the stars in this league have. He is by par the best pro prospect WR at 25. He played in a pro style offense at NC, and can step in right away. No other position og need looks to offer a player whos value is as high as Nicks. Plus anyone on here will tell you how anti Nicks and WR I was, i have watched SO much film on them and now have come to an educated opinion, you should get one!

WelcomeBack
03-23-2009, 06:25 PM
I'm glad you have converted Skipp haha. I want Nicks as our wideout. Even though I feel the front office won't take a receiver in the first, if it is a receiver they choose, Nicks is the guy.

But if we don't get a great wideout this year and none of our current receivers step up...Dez Bryant next year is my target.

skipp2myloo13
03-23-2009, 06:42 PM
I'm glad you have converted Skipp haha. I want Nicks as our wideout. Even though I feel the front office won't take a receiver in the first, if it is a receiver they choose, Nicks is the guy.

But if we don't get a great wideout this year and none of our current receivers step up...Dez Bryant next year is my target.

Your the better man here, haha. I havent even really looked into next years draft. I know its going to be stacked though

MiamiHitman13
03-23-2009, 06:54 PM
Haha! your an idiot if you think thats the case. I am as anti receiver as they get. It is never a need IMO, and are just bonuses. But Nicks is special, he has everything that the stars in this league have. He is by par the best pro prospect WR at 25. He played in a pro style offense at NC, and can step in right away. No other position og need looks to offer a player whos value is as high as Nicks. Plus anyone on here will tell you how anti Nicks and WR I was, i have watched SO much film on them and now have come to an educated opinion, you should get one!

You said that this was not a deep draft for wide receivers. That only shows that you are the one that doesn't have an "educated" opinion. And saying that Nicks is "special" and has everything that the stars in the league have is absolutely ridiculous at this point. If he is so "special", why isn't he projected to be a top 10 pick? You have no clue about what you are talking about. I'm glad you aren't running the Dolphins.