PDA

View Full Version : 3rd attempt at a Mock

mroz
03-22-2009, 03:22 PM
:D1. D. Butler CB, we need to add at least two potential starters at CB. Butler would go a long ways to addressing the first one.

2a. H. Nicks WR, adds a WR that can get yards after the catch and is a perfect comliment to Ginn and Bess.

2b. J. Gilbert DE, we have two good young DE's Gilbert would add some pass rush ability that we currently do not have

3. K Lewis CB, lets face it we need all the DB help we can get. the guy is a playmaker... nuff said...

4. L. Vasquez OG, we need to add quality depth at the guard position. Here we get a guy that can pass protect, is strong but need some grooming in the running game.

5. Frantz Joseph ILB, thumper that can eventually push AA for PT.

7a. B Tate WR, 2nd round talent that may need to sit a year before he is fully recovered.

7b. R Miller NT, project guy

let it rip...

skipp2myloo13
03-22-2009, 03:34 PM
Nicks will never last to 44. I like Nicks with first best CB with 44. Awesome draft, if it falls like that, i just dont see Nicks falling he is my number 3 receiver. good value picks though.

mroz
03-22-2009, 05:07 PM
I read that Nicks had a bad proday showing up over weight and out of shape.

skipp2myloo13
03-22-2009, 05:57 PM
I read that Nicks had a bad proday showing up over weight and out of shape.

I dont believe those reports were correct. He did bad on his wonderlick, but those dont seem to be of any meaning for WR's.

SnakeoilSeller
03-22-2009, 06:10 PM
I think Nicks is going to slip down some people's draft boards, so it is possible he is there at #44. I would not be shocked if he was the 6th WR taken. His numbers were good, not great until Tate got injured. I love Tate where you have him, just don't know if he will last that long. Overall good job.

3rdandinches
03-22-2009, 06:15 PM
I'd be shocked if Gilbert still is available at our 56th pick and if he is then what a great pick up.

bigchub22
03-22-2009, 06:29 PM
that would be a great draft but like others attempts at a mock i just dont see the 2a and 2b being there but if it happens then your the man and i love it

mroz
03-23-2009, 12:45 AM
that would be a great draft but like others attempts at a mock i just dont see the 2a and 2b being there but if it happens then your the man and i love it

I can totally see Nicks and Gilbert being on the board where I have them. I am a little more skeptical that Gilbert will be there but I think people are going to get way too rapped up on Nicks' off season. Plus, just listening to him talk makes me think that he doesnt interview very well which may also cause him to drop some more.

Gilbert is a raiser, I think he has worked his way from a 3rd to 4th round prospect into a solid 2nd rounder. it will be interesting to see where he ends up going.

I wouldnt mind taking him with the 2a pick then follow that with Britt with the 2b pick. or maybe just take another OG/CB with that pick.

#1dolphinsfan
03-23-2009, 01:18 AM
i would love that draft